[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people spend so damn much on a wedding? I simply don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: wedding prices.jpg (498 KB, 2163x2700) Image search: [Google]
wedding prices.jpg
498 KB, 2163x2700
Why do people spend so damn much on a wedding? I simply don't understand how the things on this list even can cost as much as they do.

Why is marriage made such a big deal these days?
You don't need to get married to live together, just stay as a couple without spending thousands of dollars to let the world know you're a couple.
>>
People still get married? I have just been living with a series of girlfriends, why would anyone get married?
>>
>>65760363

Gotta make it a day to remember nigga!
>>
I'll be getting married in Las Vegas.

Fuck dropping 30k on a wedding. I'm glad my girlfriend feels the same way.
>>
>almost $2,000 to take some photos and videos

holy shit why am I not a wedding photographer?
>>
>>65760709

You don't even have to go to Las Vegas if you're just interested in the idea of being married. Just go to your local county courthouse and they'll file the paperwork.
>>
>>65760363
>average
I'm willing to bet the number is inflated b/c rich people blow millions on things like this.
>>
>>65760956
because literally every piece of shit freelance photographer does weddings.
>>
>>65761039

Her parents said they'd pay for it, so it's basically a free vacation.

I'm fine with that idea too, but hey? Free vacation is free vacation.
>>
>>65761039
But then you wouldn't get to brag about getting married in Vegas.
>>
>>65760956
There is a pretty big startup cost to professional photography.
>>
>>65761327
I've had a bunch of friends get married in Las Vegas. I've been there a bunch of times too.

Bragging about going to Las Vegas isn't exactly cool.
>>
>>65760363

Got married 5 years ago at city hall in Manhattan. Cost around $50 I think? Had champagne at a few different classy joints afterwards with close friends/family, then had dinner at a high end restaurant. Total cost was under $2000 for everything.

If you have the money for a big wedding, cool, go for it. If you're putting it all on credit cards... holy shit you're fucking dumb.
>>
>>65760363
>Figures based on respondents who hired a professional vendor for the service
In other words, people who are able to afford that in the first place.
>>
>>65761621
>If you're putting it all on credit cards
What do you think these people do?
>>
>>65760363

Flew to Jamaica, got married and had honeymoon all in one for the cost of a decent vacation, no debt afterward, best choice we made.
>>
Getting married next year. It's super fucking expensive. Just booked a nice venue next to the church in south louisiana...between the place, catering, and the basics, it's gonna cost my folks 10k (not even including photography, cake and shit). Only really doing it for the family. I think my dad secretly wants to show up my mom by getting the best package and shit knowing she MIGHT be able to afford to chip in for the cake. (Serves her right for cheating and leaving him in debt with 2 kids but thats another story) He got remarried in Vegas for $50, but I guess he wants to do the traditional thing....whatevs I just wanna get drunk and laid and have the tax benefits
>>
>>65761621
>>65761039
>>65760709
If you are not married in the eyes of Jesus you are not really married
>>
>>65760363
>5600 for a fucking ring
people are fucking insane
especially male enablers of women
>>
>>65760363
>Why do people spend so damn much on a wedding?

Some people like to have a big, expensive party to celebrate the union between them and their life partner.

Given that marriage is supposed to be a sacred, lifelong bond between two people who love eachother eternally then it makes sense, at least in that context.

Trouble is people get married on a whim nowdays and divorce has somehow become socially acceptable.

Then again OP your question is flawed, loads of people don't spend much money on their weddings at all. In fact the only people I know who had big fancy weddings irl were reasonably well do do financially. The poorer types usually just have a small reception/party.

>Why is marriage made such a big deal these days?

it might be different in good old christian usa but here in atheist australia weddings aren't a big deal at all and seem less of a big deal than ever before.

I kinda wish they were more of a big deal.

>You don't need to get married to live together

You don't need to have a party to celebrate the anniversary of your day of birth either, faggot.
>>
My wife and I planned ours in under a month. We're both in college, and we paid just under $3000 (could have been less, but she wanted a professional photographer).

>fed 150+ people
>DJ
>beautiful flowers and decorations
>asked ladies at church to help us hand-make food/decorations

Great success. Just be smart, and DIY all of it.
>>
>>65760363
>spending money on the carbon jew
>not buying pearl
>not buying opal
fucking plebs
>>
>>65763387
>not being the oldest son and inheriting a family ring
>>
>>65760363
>reception band
>reception DJ

Why?
>>
>>65763551
>not giving her an onion ring for irony
>>
>>65760363

Most of that stuff is a lot cheaper if you do not say it is a wedding, they just upcharge to fuck ya.

ALso you can get a ring purer than anything mined from the earth for a couple hundred now.

Not to mention the wedding is pointless, the legal document is all that matter.
Not to mention that legal document is entirely one-sided in the favor of the wife.
>>
You don't need to spend any money to be legally married, unless a marriage license costs something
>>
>>65760476
Blue pill in its purest form

Google Jim Penman’s Biohistory and you’lol know why

Degenerate
>>
File: 1456035832876.jpg (50 KB, 433x242) Image search: [Google]
1456035832876.jpg
50 KB, 433x242
>>65760363
I spent $2000 on my wedding. Don't have the exact numbers but people really need to stop being retarded and being jewed into spending all your money on a wedding.

Wife made a beautiful dress with her mom that worked perfectly for the wedding AND could be used again instead of being tossed in the trash after one use. Tuxedos are fairly cheap so I just bought one. Most of our expenses were for food, drinks, and renting tables and chairs with some decorations. My uncle has an apple orchard so we had the wedding in a clearing. Everyone loved it.

One of the happiest days of my life and I got to share it with 50 friends and family.
>>
>>65763551
>family ring
That's a thing?
>>
>>65764310
Where do rings go when people die?
>>
>>65760363
Reception bands make $3,000 per wedding?
I could easily make a better band than any one I've ever seen
>>
>>65764420
All rings go to heaven, anon
>>
>>65764420
Buried with them. Or pawn shop.
>>
>>65764708
People actually get buried with thousands of dollars of jewelry?
Holy fuck grave robbing almost seems like an honorable profession
>>
>>65764196
>having family and friends
Fuck off normie
>>
>>65760363
I spent about 3k total on my wedding, 2k of that was renting the house I got married at.

Myself, both of my vehicles and everything I own is not worth $30,000. Anyone who pays that shit is looking for attention or is mentally ill.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/spending-less-wedding-save-marriage/

People who spend money on something worthless like a fucking ceremony are people who need to be removed from the genepool anyways.
>>
>>65764969
>thousands of dollars of jewelry?
If a gold band costs that much you are victim of extreme jewery.
>>
i spent like 2200 usd for my wedding and 2000 were for the wedding rings. I married on a monday morning at the state capitol, with 2 other friends as witnesses. fuck the system
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.