[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>If _______ won the Republican Party’s nomination for t
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2
>If _______ won the Republican Party’s nomination for the presidency, would you definitely support him in the general election in November, probably support him, probably NOT support him, or definitely NOT support him in the general election in November?

Rato
>31% definitely or probably would not support

lil Rubio
>25% definitely or probably would not support

Trump
>48% definitely or probably would not support

How does Trump win the general? Is it possible at this rate?
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2016/images/02/28/rel4a.-.2016.primaries.pdf
>>
>>65727471

With the other 52%
>>
>>65727471
By lowering that figure over the next 7 months.
>>
>>65727471
I will support whoever is the GOP nominee.
>>
>>65727834
My point is, Trump would have a hard time winning without the support of the large GOP voters. Even then, he will need to get independents.

Right leaning swing states like Nevada, Arizona, Georgia, and North Carolina would probably swing to blue.

>>65728067
And he can win some over, but 48% is huge. If Trump does well, he'll win over half. Meanwhile, I think we can agree that the 33% of dems who said they would not support Hillary, would support her if Trump were the nominee.
>>
>>65727471
Registered republican here. I wouldn't support him. I hate Christie too. He's a blowbag.

How does Emperor Trump convince me to support him?
>>
thats all complete bullshit, none of those republicans are going to let hillary into office to make some political stand. These are the same polls that said jeb was the clear cut winner a few months ago.
>>
>>65730069
LOL Get off /pol/ for a day and go talk to real people. Lots of republicans say they won't support him. Most of these people will just not vote.

The question is how does he convince them to do so?
>>
>>65730069
You realize this is the exact same poll that Trump used at his rally a couple hours ago, correct? So yeah, polls don't matter lmfao

GOP voters do not like any democrat, Hillary, Obama, Bernie, it doesn't matter that Hillary is the candidate.

>>65729954
Well, why wouldn't you support Trump?

I think that some voters, the ones that just don't like his attitude and political tactics, will end up coming over to Trump.

The ones who don't think he knows anything about what he's talking about, or thinks he's bigoted and racist, wont cross over anytime soon.
>>
I would vote for Hillary over Trump and I am a conservative.
>>
File: 1439405023587.png (528 KB, 683x720) Image search: [Google]
1439405023587.png
528 KB, 683x720
>>65731115
well of course since she's a conservative too
>>
>>65727471
This poll happens during every nomination, and without fail the people turn out for the nominee anyway.

Nobody wants Hitlary, even the democrats aren't happy with the choice of their party overlords.
>>
>>65731228
No shit. Hillary is the only sane candidate in this race, other than Ted Cruz.
>>
>>65727471
They've got months after he locks up the nom to get used to the idea of voting for him to beat Hilary, I'm sure it will be fine.
>>
>>65727471
>TOTAL OF 427
REPUBLICANS

>SAMPLING ERROR: +/-5

Take a statistics class next semester of highschool and realize this is a garbage poll.
>>
>>65727471
If Trump isn't the republican nominee i'm voting for Hillary just to destroy the GOP.
>>
>>65727471
>______ cock
>>
>>65727471
I would shoot myself before ever voting for someone like Trump
Drumpf needs to go
>>
>>65731297
Case in point, I know quite a few people who hated Harper but voted for him anyway because we didn't want le weedman to win.
>>
They can say what they want, At the end of the day on Nov 8 they'd suck Satan's dick to keep Hillary out of the WH
>>
>>65730683
Conservatives have a disdain for his types of antics, and with all the commercials that will bash him endlessly till generals they won't come over.
you're better off winning the independents who don't care about his flip flopping liberal ways and lifestyle.
>>
>>65731322
The same poll that Trump quoted 2 hours ago?

>>65731338
Shillary wouldn't kill the GOP, what would really kill the GOP is a Trump 3rd party vote.
>>
>>65731442
How about we trade Trump for Harper....
>>
They're all whiners who will change their minds.

How many of those Republicans do you think are all talk? Gun rights can't stand up to another 4 years of a democrat in office, and the Supreme Court will be filled with liberals in their late 40s, early 50s if Clinton has her way. Conservatism as a whole will not survive if Clinton comes into office and it will take much less than 8 months for them to realize that.
>>
>>65731674
>Shillary wouldn't kill the GOP, what would really kill the GOP is a Trump 3rd party vote.

Implying that the GOP isn't already dead...
>>
>>65731674
Yes. He picks and chooses becasue it makes him look good, I don't need to defend every choice the man makes to wholeheartedly support him.
>>
>>65731277
>Hillary
>Rato
>Argentina

No wonder you dumb niggers got into such a shithole
>>
do people unironically vote for shillary?
america is strange
>>
>>65730239
never heard of the silent and lying minorities? A lot of people won't admit to voting trump to other peoples face purely because of

>muh racism

and other forms of backlash.

don't forget that this is 52% ADDITIONAL people voting for Trump from the people who were hoping for Rato or Ruboto.
Also don't forget about the highest and lowest voter turnouts for republicans and democrats respectively.
>>
>>65731787
The GOP was dead after this election one way or another. Trump has simply made them realize they're fucked so know the establishment is panicking.
>>
>>65730683
I don't think he's a racist or bigot, I think he just says things that can be construed as so to manipulate morons that actually are (e.g. he doesn't think all Mexicans are rapists, he's obviously not an idiot). With that said...

He has zero experience. Sure he's good at running his businesses but it's easy to manage employees when you all have the same goal (succeed as a business). Politics is way different, at least half people have different goals as you. Navigating those deals is much different than business deals.

His history proves at very least that he's a liar. Donating to dems, pro-choice, hiring illegals, anti-PC culture but threatens to sue anyone who bashes him (this one irks me the most.. I hate the "I'LL SUE" culture of our country).
>But he's a businessman making deals for business gains..
That's a BAD POINT that just proves everything he says could be bullshit for his own gain.

>Build a wall!
But vast majority of illegals come by plane.. What the fuck will a wall do for that?
>Deport them all, let them back in
LOLWUT? So we're gonna spend shit-tons of money to deport people we will just let back in?? How in the holy hell will we afford this without a ridiculous amount of wasted money? Also, this initiative is a big federal initiative. I want less government. (Also, once the illegals are all gone, do we just expect the losers out of jobs to get off their lazy asses and take the shitty jobs??)

He wants to elect his own justice to fill supreme court. This COULD BE his sister... who supports PARTIAL BIRTH ABORTION.

He wants to stop tech companies from importing talent from out of country. I'm a tech company. Why would I stay in US when I can move to London and have the best available talent? This very idea goes against free market.

I'd keep going, but I'm just ranting. So what other than "you won't vote for Hilldogg" (which I wont, I'll just vote third party) would convince me to vote for him?
>>
>>65730239
ask some democrats if they're going to support killary and all her freedumb bombings, regime change, and terrorist "moderate" rebels who eat hearts and chop heads.

the answer is NO. some republicans won't support trump but more democrats won't support clinton. just like some republicans hate trump LOTS of democrats hate fucking fucking witch hillary and her constant wars and killing people. we don't like less freedom and we don't blame muslims we blame the fucking retard pieces of shit like killary who go and destroy their fucking countries. gaddafi and saddam should still be ruling over their countries, trump is right.
>>
>>65727471
I support Ted Cruz but I would vote for Trump if he got the nomination. However, I don't like Trump because he is basically a liberal and I don't trust him. Still, at the very least if he builds wall and deports it isn't all that bad. Unless of course he sticks us with a single payer system too.
>>
>>65731898
I'm sure there is a lot of people afraid to admit they'd vote for him because he's portrayed as radical, but the highest/lowest turnout numbers are a bit misleading.. If I was a dem, why would I go vote when I'm (1) fine with either winning (2) know Hillary will win it. These numbers do not mean most of the country will go out and vote republican. May happen, but it isn't actual proof it will happen. GOP has more energy right now.
>>
My order goes

Rand Paul, then Bernie Sanders, then Donald Trump, then Hillary, then Ted Cruz, then any other fucking neocon cult member

It seems the establishment has suppressed Rand and Bernie enough that I'm almost certainly going to have to go with Trump.
A secured border is a better use of our money than any shit we've done in iraq or afghanistan.
And Trump's obviously a centrist pretend-christian, which is a good thing.
He can half-heartedly pretend to legislate women's vaginas and harmless drugs and then give up and let states decide on their own.
>>
>>65732531
followup question, anyone know if Texas repub primary has write-ins?
I'm going to vote for Rand Paul even if he's not on the ballet if it does.
>>
I will never vote for Trump or Cruz. Yes, Hillary is horrible, but she is very predictable and ultimately centrist/safe.

Trump is a complete wild card and Cruz is a religious fundamentalist. Either one would not just be bad, but potentially fuck up the country.
>>
Trump is my main guy; I'll vote for him once my state's primary comes around. I'd support Cruz if he got the nomination, but that most likely won't happen. I definitely would not support Rubio if he got the nomination; I would end up voting 3rd party.
>>
>>65732129
>He has zero experience
Compared to Rubio who is a chronic hooky and hated in his homestate or Cruz who cannot get ONE endorsement from his co-workers becasue he is a slimeball? Both are freshmen senators with nothing to their name.

>Donating to dems
He donated to everyone, even to Cruz at one point. He knows how it works and what needs to be greased to be in good graces.
>pro-choice
He has always said that the practice of abortion is despicable and is uncomfortable with it
>hiring illegals
He hires subcontractors and if they violate the law there are protections afforded to him because EVERY subcontractor does this, have you worked a day in your life?
>threatens to sue anyone who bashes him
the media is outright preforming libel on him by saying Duke 'endorsed' him after Duke himself he DID NOT endorse him and merely said he will be voting for him
>vast majority of illegals come by plane
Yeah, no. Homeland Security estimates about 2 mil from countries other than Mexico with 6 million from there alone. Visa overstays are a problem and part of the problem is a bloated in uncoordinated bureaucracy.
>So we're gonna spend shit-tons of money to deport people we will just let back in
No, do you know the screening one has to go thorugh to come here LEGALLY? once you are deported that is a serious detraction on your record and would be cause for instant denial.
>He wants to elect his own justice to fill supreme court
No he wants to NOMINATE, do you know how this works? If his sister is chosen he would be eviscerated on the floor and it would be blocked. He already listed two very conservative potentiates and they have a sterling record.
>He wants to stop tech companies from importing talent from out of country
The majority of 'talent' are code monkeys that are near worthless for doing anything other than doing grunt work someone else with an ounce of talent can write a program for.
>I'm a tech company
I'm CIA
>>
>>65727471
Does not support doesn't mean that they will vote for the opposition, most of them will probably stay home. The reason Sanders is such a threat and Trump is so successful is because they are both excellent at energizing the base, which is exactly what won Obama both of his elections. Elections aren't decided to swaying people who to vote for, most people are decided well before the election, elections are decided by who can get more people in their camp to vote for them.

Put simply what makes Trump successful is the same thing that makes Sanders successful and what made Obama successful, the people who like what they say support them much more than people who like Rubio or Clinton support them.
>>
>>65731873
Do people in Brazil vote ironically? Brazil is strange.
>>
>>65734309
>Sanders is such a threat
lmao, he is getting beaten so bad tomorrow it will be mathematically impossible for him to catch up.
>>
>>65732875

Fuck off shill noone on /pol/ wants her
>>
>>65734595
He isn't saying he is voting for Hillary, he said he isn't voting for Trump. For most republicans, abstaining is the best they can do to make sure the GOP reinvents into a real fiscally conservative party and not a nationalist shitshow or a Christtard paradise.
>>
>>65732875
>Hillary is pure evil, but at least you KNOW she's evil

Fucking retarded.
>>
>>65735098
Plenty of politicians are narcissistic/sociopathic/evil on both sides.

I would much rather have that than someone who would actually do something retarded like Trump or Cruz.
>>
>>65735302
What makes you so sure Hillary wouldn't make things worse? She's a globalist. She said she admires Merkel for fuck's sake.

Your logic makes no sense to me.
>>
>>65735302
We already know hillary would actually do something retarded.
She has screamed for 10 years straight that she wants to trash the 2nd amendment (the most important section of the entire constitution) and ban all firearms from the country (except for an army of paid bodyguards for rich people like herself)

There's nothing possible worse that Trump could do than to try and strip an entire nation's ability to protect life (not optional at all) and liberty (not optional at all either, because when you give up your guns and that dictator has all of the guns, suddenly your life has no value as well)
>>
>>65735302
Retarded like topple a stable but brutal government and pave the way for ISIS? Or arm 'moderate' rebels who happen to either sell all the hardware to extremists or are extremists themselves? Or say that it is a great idea to shoot down Russian planes who are bombing daesh because 'lol no fly zone means it, silly Boris ;D'

Trump is the ONLY one who wants to stay out of the Middle East other than to occasionally team up with Russians to fuck with ISIS from the skies and the ONLY one who doesn't think the Red Menace is somehow still a threat.

I don't like him on various positions and I will vote for representatives accordingly but don't be retarded and think that there is any better option then him right now.
>>
>>65733604

>Compared to Rubio..Cruz..
..Granted we have NOTHING to compare them to Trump because he has no political experience.

>He donated to everyone...
This just tells me Trump works everyone for his own gain. Not a fan of that.

>He has always said that the practice of abortion...
This is not true, but ok. He hates abortion, but he at least said he was pro-choice.

>He hires subcontractors..
He's the boss. If he wants to take credit for the success, take credit for the failures too. That's what leaders do. This is a shit excuse and will not fly when being President. He blames Bush for 9/11, so he gets this.

>the media is outright preforming libel on him by saying Duke...
I don't even care about the Duke situation. I think he's handling that relatively well. But, no, don't act like Trump doesn't threaten to sue all the time. He does. It's annoying as hell and doesn't fit the "anti-PC" rhetoric at all.

>Yeah, no. Homeland Security estimates about 2 mil from countries other than Mexico with 6 million from there alone.
Yeah, yes, they say 60-70% come by plane and not by land. The wall alone will not solve the 'problem'.

>No, do you know the screening one has to go thorugh to come here LEGALLY?
It's true it is very difficult to come over legally with the screening process. So you're basically saying when he says "then they can come back in", he's bending the truth. Fair enough. None of your response addresses the fact that the jobless losers who blame Mexicans won't just get off their asses and take the shitty jobs.

>No he wants to NOMINATE..
Haha you caught my use of the wrong word. Fine, I'll give you that if he nominates his pro-partial-birth-abortion sister she won't get past nomination, hopefully.

>The majority of "talent" are code monkeys...
Web developer here, this information is wrong. They're not just "code monkeys" that anyone can do. A lot of them are very skilled coders and not just copy-pasters like lots are.

>I'm CIA
I knew you were.
>>
>>65733604
Trump Shill filled with logical fallacies and mental gymnastics.
>>65736526
actually redpilled.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.