[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to the Spanish empire?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: 1456763156294.gif (553 KB, 800x405) Image search: [Google]
1456763156294.gif
553 KB, 800x405
Why did Spain suddenly became irrelevent in the 20th century after having one of the largest colonial empires in history, they didnt even participate in WW1 or WW2. And unlike the Britian which always had the backing of the Anglosphere, Spain didnt even have much military treaties with its former colonies.
>>
USA happened.
>>
Inflation from over mining gold and silver in the colonies. Napoleon's occupation allowed rebellions in the colonies to fester. Most of the colonies were majority native, or at least majority mestizo, unlike Anglo colonies that wiped out their natives. They did too much raping and not enough killing.
>>
File: al11.png (8 KB, 75x82) Image search: [Google]
al11.png
8 KB, 75x82
Lack of vision
>>
>>65719968
/thread
>>
Spain did participate in WW2.

Around 100k Spaniards fought on the axis, both SS and Wehrmacht. And another bunch of Spaniards fought on the "allies" side.
>>
>>65719968

Actually it's more like the British Empire.
>>
>>65719829
the seven years war and napoleonic invasion was when things started to really go downhill
>>
>>65719829
"Empire"
>>
>>65720294
kind of both USA and British Empire actually

Monroe Doctrine was the final nail in the coffin for any further European colonies in the Americas
>>
>>65719829

I heard the Spanish Royal Family is rich as fuck, they just hide their power level really well. Like they're supposedly one of the richest groups in the entire world, even among the Rothschilds.

I think Spain is playing it cool, laying low.

Any of you Spanish cucks care to weigh in?
>>
>>65720244
Spaniards did, sure - Spain didn't

Just like the US wasn't officially involved at the start but some Americans served with British and Canadian forces voluntarily
>>
>>65720725
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Bourbon
>>
>>65719829
Because of the difference in legal philosophies and the meaning of citizenship.
As symbolized in English yeomanry (the "militia" of the American Second Amendment), the basic unit of English society was the ordinary person, who was expected to keep and maintain skill with arms, to serve if needed as a kind of ultimate reserve force. Spain was rigidly feudal and its spectacular centralized military went half a millenium without a land defeat. So Spain was originally stronger overall, but its basic societal unit was much weaker: England was originally much weaker overall, but its basic societal unit was the equivalent of an impoverished Spanish lord, and when England improved, that improvement was not sequestered in a centralized state treasury or to one lordly class, but visible across the board.
In keeping with this pattern, Spanish mercantilist outposts were not comparable to English colonies which put down roots and recreated the strengths of English society.
Tldr Spain owned goldmines and England built neighborhoods.
>>
>>65719829

Napoleon Bonaparte
>>
>>65719829
Incompetent leadership. Internal power struggle. Unsuccessful wars against the British. Having their navy destroyed by the British like 3 times in a row.
>>
>>65719829

Well, the "empire" they had was total bullshit. All of it were native states taken over by Europeans and given massive amounts of land. Lack of fucks made the main part rich as hell while the colonies remained underdeveloped and corrupt. The British way of colonizing gave profits far later but they were bigger and the colonies are pretty much always successful (Barring Africans and India, Africa because diseases make it impossible to truly control, India because it was too advanced to be completely subjugated and assimilated)
>>
>>65719829
>British Navy
>French Army
>US foreign policy
pretty much
>>
>>65719829
They treated the people they conquered terribly and eventually everyone rebelled against them.
>>
We stole too much gold, land and too many indian women when we were too young and shit. Drugs and a bad rap career did the rest.
>>
>>65721019
Spain was irrelevant long before Napoleon was born. Spain's real problem was massive inflation caused by American silver and gold which also discouraged any kind of economic development in both Spain and the wider Spanish Empire.

On top of that, the Hapsburg monarchs of Spain were massively incompetent but overconfident about their abilities. The Bourbons weren't much better.
>>
>>65719829
The race mixed instead of genociding the natives like the Anglos did.
>>
>>65721528
But I heard most hisponics, mutts and mestizos in most colonies refer to Spain as the motherland.
Accoreing to one of my chilean friends, they all feel very connected to spain.
>>
>>65722125
Correction
But apparently most hisponics, mutts and mestizos in the former colonies refer to Spain as the motherland.
According to one of my Chilean friends, they all feel very connected to spain.
>>
>>65719829
It died like their fucking economy
>>
File: spanisharrival.jpg (101 KB, 1275x657) Image search: [Google]
spanisharrival.jpg
101 KB, 1275x657
what is spanish impression of its former colonies?

whose based and who are cucks
>>
>>65723151
This...i wanna know
>>
>>65723151
Im pretty sure Spain views its former colonies the way America views Mexicans.

>Illegal immigrants.
>>
>>65719829
The eternal croissant, the eternal anglo and the eternal burger
>>
>>65719829
M8 in 1581 the anglosphere consisted of
England .
You failed cos you were evil fucks with no morals.
Have a good day
>>
>>65720294

Actually it's more like the French invasion of Spain.
>>
>>65723151
We like them, except their fucking retarded gangs, mafias and politicians, but those are a small minority.

The best ones in my opinion are argentinians, equatorial guineans and central americans (panama, costa rica, nicaragua...). Some shitty politicians have ruined a lot the relation of Spain with their respective countries: Cuba, Venezuela, Argentina and Bolivia. By women, the best are colombians and venezuelans.

The biggest cucks are filipinos
>>
spaniards are the ultimate cucks

>brits take over their country
>americans take over their country
>brits try to take it back
>france forces spain into the war of independence
>spain now has to fight british people so that americans can take over spain's former land

All of my top shreks.
>>
>>65724172
what?
>>
>>65719829
lazy ass degos, what did you really expect
you don't build shit by taking fiestas all the time
>>
>>65724142
>equatorial guinean

only spanish speaking country in africa, interesting
>>
File: 1454887997839.jpg (55 KB, 500x754) Image search: [Google]
1454887997839.jpg
55 KB, 500x754
>>65720128
This, tbqh fa m. They basically lost a bunch of wars, and bred with the natives
>>
>>65724722
Also, the african country with the highest GDP per capita. Many areas of Morocco also speak Spanish as second language (Rif, Sidi Ifni, Tetuan)
>>
>>65725358

memes aside, I will be visiting spain in May after my wedding. I am fascinated by spain and don't feel that a lot of latin americans appreciate their roots.
>>
>>65724280
The American education system at work.
>>
>>65720725
They're planning a new invasion of England.
>>
File: 1455585895496.jpg (203 KB, 461x521) Image search: [Google]
1455585895496.jpg
203 KB, 461x521
>>65725519

Spain is a beautiful nation to visit. Spaniards will talk shit about all the tourists, but fuck'em. Awesome country to travel in.
>>
Every single one of spain's colonies is a corrupt shithole just like them, corruption is in our blood and we have the spanish to thank about it.

Imagine if the brits had educated us and instilled their values onto us.

Usa+mexico would be 1 country and even more of a powerhouse.
>>
>>65719968
punching an old man on his deathbed. The US just pulled the plug on them
>>
>>65719829
they kept fucking the natives instead of killing them
>>
>>65726006
I'd rather the blacks be annoying weebs and bronies than thugs.
>>
File: aidf49.png (495 KB, 1224x1137) Image search: [Google]
aidf49.png
495 KB, 1224x1137
>>65726044
Anglo Scum detected
>>
>>65727509
Aryans are subhuman, when brown/black haired whites were building empires you snow niggers were killing each other over who gets to stay in the cuckshed
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.