[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should the requirements be for voting? Employment? Age?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 6
File: fractal foliage.gif (984 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
fractal foliage.gif
984 KB, 500x500
What should the requirements be for voting? Employment? Age?
>>
>>65718969
Owning land and/or a business.
>>
>>65719027
I don't think that would work well today.
>>
>>65718969

Nothing that it isn't already, voting is a right and not a privilege.
>>
>>65718969
You pay taxes and do not receive welfare of any kind
>>
>>65719332
Now that I think about it I don't think it would work well at all. It sounds good when you say it but when you account for jews it doesn't play out well.
>>
>>65719464

>do not receive welfare of any kind

So a single mother who works full time but happens to get child benefits can't vote for the person she wants to be elected?
>>
>>65718969
White, land-owning men 21+

Try to think of a more perfect requirement.
>>
>>65718969
Paying taxes regularly for the last 3 years. Age irrelivant, but it would basically mean a minimum of 19.
>>
>>65718969
IQ, contribution to society, gender.
>>
>>65718969
Completion of voluntary military service and a two year degree from higher education.
>>
Adult male

I'm not a misogynist, but there are some things each sex just isn't meant to be doing.

Women as a group support the most destructive policies plaguing us today.
>>
>>65720515
Forgot to add, exceptions to be made for disabled veterans. Other disabilities are not accepted.
>>
photo id is a nice start
>>
>>65720619

Fuck you and everyone like you
>>
>>65718969
militar service
>>
>>65720040
>So a single mother who works full time but happens to get child benefits can't vote for the person she wants to be elected?

No it is illegal in the US to pay for votes
( but the DNC has been doing it since FDR )
>>
>>65720040
Pretty much. Because she will vote for whoever promises her more money to cover her mistakes.

Which isn't to say she wouldn't be able to vote if she ever got off welfare. But getting to vote should be the incentive to get the fuck off the government tit.

>widows
Backed the wrong horse, and should hedge her bets. Charity should come from the community, so if everyone loves you, your community will help. If you're a cunt, nobody will help.
>>
>>65720040
Yep. It's stupid tax.
A.) she makes bad life changing decisions
B.) she's an insufferable cut

Either way she lacks the ability to plan for the future. I don't want that at the polls.
>>
>>65720040
Yes
>>
>>65718969
the only requirement should be that you are a citizen

then your vote should count as much as you give the government net

so if you pay 10 million USD in taxes and get 7 million USD in corporate wellfare, your vote counts 3 million times. if you pay no taxes and get welfare, your vote counts 0 times
>>
Just revert to pre-women's right fuck up era.

Those who can be drafted and call upon public service only has the privilege.
>>
Only soldiers should be able to vote.
>>
>>65720741
Why?

Reminder, I said 'voluntary'. Mandatory isn't good for the military, or the voter base. There is no draft, and there is no requirement to sign up for military service. It's up to you if you want to vote. And the two year degree following service, if you do it in that order, is free of cost providing you maintain a certain gpa.
>>
>>65718969
Be a white male
>>
>>65718969
>Be 24 years old.
>Not on welfare.
>>
Voting is unnecessary.
>>
>>65721004
Fucking THIS!
>>
>>65720443
Iq of at least 115. That's more perfect than what you said
>>
>>65719464
I agree with the taxes part, not with the welfare part. Most people who get welfare don't pay taxes anyway. I don't mind someone getting welfare bonus and working a job just to get by. It does happen from time to time. Fuck everyone else though
>>
>>65720946
>attaching weight to billfold
Oh look, a CEO outweighs an entire community. I wonder who he's going to vote in the best interests of. I wonder if anyone other than corporate juggernauts should even bother.

This is the system we already have, even if not technically. It's like saying we have church and state separation, but the voter base is almost all christian. So they try to elect christians.
>>
>>65721034
But soldiers are retard rednecks....
>>
>>65721277
How do expect to pay for that nationwide IQ testing that the government requires then, Einstein?
>>
>>65718969
Be a citizen and be at least 18 years of age.
>>
PENIS
>>
>>65718969
Land owner
>>
>>65721409
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>65721290
>don't agree with the welfare restriction
You should. A person working 2 jobs and still on welfare is living a lifestyle they can't afford in a place they can't afford to be. They need to move and make a change. They will vote for people that expand government spending. Even if you know welfare recipients that are gungho anti big government, most will vote for more programs because they need the money to get by.

A person that relies on welfare to live, will never vote to eliminate it. Ever.
>>
>>65721409
Not in Britain for the most part.

But would you rather have redneck squaddies deciding who runs the country or pussy faggot liberals?
>>
>>65721530
This tbqh
>>
File: 1323044786915.png (184 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1323044786915.png
184 KB, 409x409
Being a citizen
That's it, any other answer is deluded and out of reality
>>
>>65721460
Taxes, lol
>>
>>65718969

land-owning
white
male

The founding fathers knew what they were doing.
>>
>>65718969

I believe that there should be a more rigorous voting system. For instance, before you vote you must write a 2 page essay in the span of an hour on why you are voting for the candidate with these essays being made public.

That way, trends can be noticed by both politicians and the voters as to what qualities the people are looking for AND the time commitment put into voting will weed out a lot of apathetic people who would otherwise make an uneducated vote.
>>
File: 1456663151829.jpg (35 KB, 442x592) Image search: [Google]
1456663151829.jpg
35 KB, 442x592
>age at the very least 21
>required to have a job
>no criminal record
>men and women can vote (no votes for transfucks)
>no voting right for potatoes and other crippled shits
>if you don't vote (but you fit the criteria), you get fined and are blacklisted meaning you can't vote in the future)

I also think people should fill some kind of form that evaluates how much knowledge you have of politics (nothing too much, but you should know basic things and just a tad bit more)

am I too extreme?
>>
>>65720040
yes because shes a woman
>>
>>65721621
Well, the thread was started by an American and I can assume he's referring to voting in America, not Britain

I'd rather have intelligent people voting, regardless of political affiliation
>>
>>65718969

Voting for the party that the media tells you to vote for should be the only criteria.
>>
>>65721796
Why does an intelligent man have more of a right to decide who runs a country than someone who willingly places their own mortal body between the enemy and his country?
>>
>>65721271
Back then you can be held accountable for your vote. You fucked up, you get fucked in the ass. But on a positive note, politicians pander towards to those who matters and contribute to society.

Nowadays it's just the opposite.
>>
>>65721742

>Forcing people to vote

That's the most stupid policy ever. I know that they do it in many countries in Europe, but all that you are doing is forcing many uneducated people to add a random element to an otherwise selective process.
>>
>>65721715
This was actually constitutional. 35 male and a white landowner. But i am willing to say anyone that is a landowner should be allowed simply because they have a vested interest in the way this REPUBLIC is governed. United States is not democratic. Welfare junkies can get over it or leave
>>
>>65722017
i don't know any other country besides australia that does this, it is just my personal opinion
>>
>>65720619
>implying military morons won't just vote for whoever promises to spend the most on the military/vets
>implying the people who were too stupid to get a private sector job should have more say than the people who actually drive the economy
>>
>>65721975
>right
Voting shouldn't be a right, it should be a privilege for intelligent people and not for volunteered canon fodder
>>
>>65718969
Must be : A Man, 30 years or older, must either own land or served the military (honorably). And if I could get away with it, you would have to be the nations actual ancestry (real british, not nigerian british. Also recieve that right when you're the 4th generation of the family.)
>>
>>65721346
you dumbshit just dont get it

current system is rich people dodge taxes as much as possible while bribing corrupt government to give them subsidies and the likes

with my proposed system corruption, tax evasion and wellfare / subsidies would be mostly eliminated. because if a rich person would abuse their voting power to do any of these, their voting power goes down and the system is therefore self regulating

there are far too many competing rich people who would keep each other in check. the upper middle class would gain the most voting power because they pay lots of taxes while receiving almost nothing from the government

obviously loopholes have to be eliminated and this system would have to be untouchable except for a double majority of both weighted and unweighted votes, in which case it can only be abandoned and not changed
>>
Oh, and the requirement should be citizenship + voter ID.
>>
>>65721460
Every child in the US takes either the SAT or ACT so it's not impossible
>>
>>65721975
>someone who willingly places their own mortal body between the enemy and his country
Because the reason he does that is because he's too stupid to do anything in the private sector.
I'd rather not exclude every intelligent person from voting.
>>
>>65718969
>Natural born citizen
>35 years of age or older
>"Owns" at least one piece of property
>Is not a convicted Felon
>Pass a literacy test
Debatable
>Male
>has a job, not self employed

not that any of these things matter when people buy off delegates, and popular vote means fuck all
>>
>>65718969
150 years old
>>
File: 1417244832771.jpg (28 KB, 400x384) Image search: [Google]
1417244832771.jpg
28 KB, 400x384
>>65722343
>so basically Sharia?
>>
>>65723026
lol no you fucking autist, basically like early America. Only land owning white men get to vote
>>
>>65723026
That's not even close to sharia
>>
>>65718969
Age I would say is whatever is considered adulthood, but this age needs to be final and a blanket point for everything, legal to smoke, drink, join the military, vote, sex, legal responsibility for trial, etc.

But more importantly a blind vote, you are given a whole bunch of issues taken from manifestos across all the parties, you are then to pick the 10 most important issues (up to 10, you must pick at least 5) and up to 10 things you strongly oppose.
So there may be 200 suggestions "legalise weed lmao" "make gay marriage legal in every state" "ban guns completely" "gun control with reasonable background checks" "loosen gun control" "allow more refugees into the country" "build a wall"
By clicking on them it offers further detail, but none of these suggestions state whom suggested it (if its obvious then thats fine).
All of the approves and disapproves are computed taking order of importance into effect and picks the most relevant party to your interest, it doesn't state who you voted for but makes the decision based on your choices and automatically enters the vote upon confirmation.
You can check a detailed print out of whom it chose and what your points were after the election.
That way you are making a political decision based on what is actually relevant to you and your political needs, not what facebook friends are voting or the reddit page you like to frequent.
>>
>>65718969
White. Male. Owning land, and/or a business.

Needs to be all three of these.
>>
better abolish democracy
>>
>>65718969
>Natural born citizen
>21 years of age
>net taxpayer
>Not convicted of a felony
>own property
>>
>>65721742

>Am I too extreme?

No but your edgy levels are definitely staggering.
>>
1. Only white men shall even have the chance at the PRIVILEGE
2. They must take and pass a course that goes over at least the basics of civics, government, economics et cetera to demonstrate they are at leat informed. And must pass a test demonstrating their knowledge and understanding of those issues once every 4 years.
>>
File: Untitled_1.png (40 KB, 1227x271) Image search: [Google]
Untitled_1.png
40 KB, 1227x271
>>65718969
>>
>>65718969
age should be 30 and employment should be at least a minimum of 3 years working

this way you filter out homosexual children who are supported by mommy and daddy and dont know how the real world works and you also filter out the gibsmedat and niggers
>>
>>65720619
Lol, nah. Some of the most degenerate and stupid men I have ever had the displeasure of meeting I met in the Army. 'Muricans need to stop idolizing soldiers and take them down from their pedestal they're placed on solely because of their uniform. Being in the US military does not automatically make you smart, ethical/moral, or brave. There are a lot of severely stupid, immoral and degenerate cowards wearing that uniform.
>>
>>65718969
You should have to be a land-owning white male of at least 25 years of age.
Also, it should be made clear that Jews are not white.
>>
File: dd2.jpg (11 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
dd2.jpg
11 KB, 229x220
>>65724325
edgy?
>>
>>65720741

Wooden shoes,
woudn't listen.
>>
>>65718969

Voluntary military service.

As outlined by Tom Kratman.
>>
>>65718969
only as long as you can serve in the military(and if you're white), you should be able to vote
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.