[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He's right, you know.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8
File: ricky.jpg (31 KB, 540x392) Image search: [Google]
ricky.jpg
31 KB, 540x392
He's right, you know.
>>
Marriage isn't a right
>>
>>65653045
This. Marriage isn't a right.

That said, no fault divorce killed marriage long before the gays did.
>>
>>65652909
I think he means gay rights are a Privilege.
>>
>>65652909
thanks ricky! whats next "it gets dark at night"
>>
File: 1447042919532.gif (2 MB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
1447042919532.gif
2 MB, 360x240
>>65652909
>Ricky Gervais
opinion discarded
>>
Marriage is part of religion. I am athiest and therefore will not get married as i am not religious. Religious scripture mandates that marriage is between man and woman. It is the right of the church to enforce their culture and only allow those who meet the requirements to get married. Gays should have whatever rights are afforded to married men and women, however, they should not be married. That said, when two lesbians get married who do the courts fuck over in the event of divorce?
>>
>>65653429
notasteamerifat.jpg
>>
File: 1451957526644.jpg (42 KB, 400x316) Image search: [Google]
1451957526644.jpg
42 KB, 400x316
>>65652909
Does he know that other religions exist?
>>
>>65652909
Don't gay people get tax breaks in the US?

I could've sworn there was a movie about it.
>>
>>65652909
Marriage is not a right, it's a religious ceremony and should STAY a religious ceremony.

Ricky Gervais is an atheist and should not care about religion. Maybe he's a closet god fearer.
>>
>>65653832
Married people get tax breaks.
>>
>>65653564
Too many property laws (and others like insurance and finance etc...) are reliant upon marriage for it to be controlled by religion anymore.

you either abide by separation of church and state or you pay the penalty, you can't base a system on a religious ceremony
>>
>>65652909

So wait, are gays people or buildings now? Or retards who can't make an analogy?

Anyway they're a bigger cost to society than their tax revenues pay for. The cost of the STD treatments, the fact that we need to import Ahmeds to replace their non-breeding asses..
>>
>>65653963
If it's a RELIGIOUS ceremony then there shouldn't be STATE laws surrounding marriage
>>
File: tumblr_n6uvl9iRZ11sdc4cvo1_500.jpg (85 KB, 500x705) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6uvl9iRZ11sdc4cvo1_500.jpg
85 KB, 500x705
I really thought it wasn't too bad, but then the slippery slope fallacy became true and many went insane.
>>
File: pol4love.jpg (58 KB, 676x959) Image search: [Google]
pol4love.jpg
58 KB, 676x959
>He's right, you know

Quickest way to spot a bait post. At least mix it up every now and then, Dumblr.
>>
File: slippery-slope-gay-marriage.png (490 KB, 673x960) Image search: [Google]
slippery-slope-gay-marriage.png
490 KB, 673x960
>>65652909
>>
>>65652909

>Marriage is about love
>Gay people are in love
>Therefore the definition of marriage should include gay people.

>All cats have 4 legs
>My dog has 4 legs
>Therefore, my dog is a cat.
>>
>>65652909
Y'all motherfuckers need some Islam
>>
>>65652909
Aren't churches non-profit organizations, thus tax-exempt?
>>
File: godtard_love.jpg (36 KB, 500x531) Image search: [Google]
godtard_love.jpg
36 KB, 500x531
>>65652909
>He's right, you know.
Gervais always is -- he's a literal, bipedal, comedic red pill
>>
>>65652909
>>65653220
>>65653564
>>65653637

POZ LOADDDDDDDDDSSSSSS!!!
>>
I think he meant the right to equal treatment

>>65653564
>Gays should have whatever rights are afforded to married men and women
Like equal treatment under the law including church free civil marriage privileges?

>>65653963
>Marriage is not a right, it's a religious ceremony and should STAY a religious ceremony.
What about civil marriage?

>>65654123
>If it's a RELIGIOUS ceremony then there shouldn't be STATE laws surrounding marriage
Fortunately the religious ceremony isn't what the state laws are surrounding
>>
>>65652909
Marriage is religious, and should not be controlled by the government. Marriage in and of itself shouldn't exist if we are secular.
>>
>>65654123
Speak for yourself you god blessed country, you.

I live in England. My queen is head of the Church of England. Our religion and state are one of the same and we have bishops in our parliament.

No biggie. We even have a black bishop.
>>
>>65652909
>Marriage
>Right

Pick one.
>>
>>65653982
Married people get a marriage penalty from combined income.
>>
>>65654345

12 year old logic, ladies and gentleman
>>
>>65654581
Yet he'll never touch Islam.
>>
>>65652909
Go get married in Turkmenistan.
>>
Have liberals every wondered why the State bestows a marriage license onto you at all? Is your love validated by the government? No, of course not. We all know that people want to be able to marry for the tax benefits.

Which leads to the question, why DO you get tax benefits for being married? When you are in wedlock, you are having sex, and when you are having sex you will probably be having children. Children are beneficial to society and the State- they are the next generation's producers, and so, the State gives an incentive to enter marriage. Gays, as we know, do not produce children. The tax benefits of marriage that worked to society's benefit by promoting family growth do not do ANYTHING for the rest of us when gays receive them. It is just faggots shirking their tax duties.

Since the birth rates have plummeted, gays are allowed to marry, and religion is now completely separate from our relationships (thanks, liberalism!), it is time to end the tax benefits and take the State out of marriage entirely. Marriage has always been a religious institution- now that it is not, it serves absolutely no purpose for the government to be regulating it.

There was no reason to allow gays to marry. They do not produce children, which is the reason marriage gives tax benefits.

I fucking hate leftists.
>>
>>65652909
>File: ricky.jpg (31 KB, 540x392)
I hate it when i have to lose respect for actors i kind of found amusing
>>
>>65652909

wrong. homosexuals already had the right to marry, according to what marriage actually is

they wanted a special privilege to change the definition of marriage to something perverted and oxymoronic
>>
>>65654581
for cucks
>>
>>65652909
He is.

However Im not against gay marriage because I'm against equal rights, I'm against marriage being apart of the legal system and not letting gays marry at least stops some people from getting legally married.

If it were up to me, the government would not have any part in marriage at all
>>
>>65654619
This is where things get messy.

Civil partnerships were legal in the UK in the 90s, but traditional it has, and always has been a religious ceremony. The state interference makes sense here because we're a state religion.

USA, well, shit. Go to Nevada.
>>
>>65655026
>Gays, as we know, do not produce children. The tax benefits of marriage that worked to society's benefit by promoting family growth do not do ANYTHING for the rest of us when gays receive them. It is just faggots shirking their tax duties.

>Out of the 594,000 same-sex couple households, 115,000 reported having children.
Courtesy of the census
>>
>>65655026
its not a liberal position it is a libertarian position, who has been trying to remove government from our lives for a long time.
>>
>>65655201
>wrong. homosexuals already had the right to marry, according to what marriage actually is
Too right. The fix was on men and women having a separate but equal thing going on with marriage.

Can't have that under the 14th.
>>
>>65655370

>adoption

Children grow up best with a mother and a father. Kill yourself.
>>
>>65655068
I never really found Ricky Gervais amusing.

He laughed at Karl and had a few mockumentaries where celebrities and minor actors would make jokes based off of Steven Merchant's material, but I don't believe he was ever funny himself.

His stand up is dreadful, and anyone can do it, really.
>>
>>65652909
Get fucked chinaman
>>
churches are non-profit organizations with year round charities and guess what, the people who are paid by the church pay fucking income tax dumbass.
>>
>>65655592
>Moving the goalposts
>>
>>65655349
>Go to Nevada.
Same sex marriage was only legalized in Nevada in October 2014 and all states banning same sex marriage also banned out of state recognition. Also none of the hullabaloo in the US was about marriage in churches, it was all civil marriage.

>>65655592
>Children grow up best with a mother and a father.
They aren't adopting kids from straight couples; they're adopting kids from foster care and orphanages, aka the shit that always fucks kids up.
>>
>>65652909
oh its so easy for you to say that knowing your government will break out a flame thrower to cook some kebab fagots who step out of line

but here in the west we are at the mercy of liberal insanity since almost every western nation had a fucking libtard running the government

and as they have failed to fix shit left and right the syrian refugee crisis has become both their smoke screen and revenge.

fags and feminist need to shut the fuck up. its the current year and you dont want to be islamaphobic

women are property and pedophilia is legal get use to it it is the current year and your liberal leaders have commanded it
>>
Except they do get special privileges.
>Bake me a cake or I'll sue and shut you down!!
>>
>>65654196
I'm glad that wild dongmonster has been domesticated and is on a leash
>>
>>65654921

That's the logic used by Gay-Marriage advocates.

>Marriage is about love
>I want the government to make legislation for the sole purpose of imposing regulations on my feelings.

There is absolutely no reason for marriage laws to extend to gay people based on the 'love is equal' argument.
>>
File: merchant-portrait_1613277a.jpg (39 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
merchant-portrait_1613277a.jpg
39 KB, 460x288
>tfw no one ever called gay marriage "gay privilege" in the first place
>>
>>65654123
>then there shouldn't be STATE laws surrounding marriage
your right but the government does it because of money (taxes)
>>
>>65656320
If straights were refused a cake for their straight wedding because it's a straight wedding, they could sue.

It's not special privileges. SJWs can't reverse discriminate against your ass either.

>>65656553
Right, you extend it based on men and women being equal. Fuck love.
>>
>>65653564
No, fag, you're not married because nobody is willing to marry you.
>>
>>65654345
You are confusing inductive and abductive logic. Go pray to chump.
>>
>>65652909

Itt: foreigners opinions are irrelevant and gay.

I think Britain should publically sodomize the Queen and feed her potato children cum strait from her ass.
>>
>>65657109
>abductive
heh
>>
>>65652909
Little Ricky is a fag
>>
>>65652909

It is a gay privilege though. Granted by straight people. Other sexual deviants like pedophiles and furries aren't granted the same right.
>>
>>65653045
FPBP
>>
>>65657278
>never heard of abductive logic

No wonder you support Trump.
>>
>>65652909

Except churches do a lot of good for the poor of every country. Every country.

Atheist organizations can't even compete.
>>
>>65657736
>implying I support Trump
I just thought it was funny.
>>
>>65657411
Furries could get married before the SC ruling as long as they were hetero.
>>
>>65657900
We're on /pol/, we contribute to the meme magic.
>>
>>65657890
Atheist organizations and individual atheist donate more per capita to charities than any religious organization.

Atheists also don't teach Africans they are "helping" (that lack any other form of sex ed) that condoms are sinful. Sure is helpful with the AIDs and black overpopulation stuff
>>
>>65658325
>Atheist organizations and individual atheist donate more per capita to charities than any religious organization.
citation needed

religious organizations themselves are charities anyway
>>
>>65652909
Aside from the strawman, does he not realise he would probably hate it more if churches WERE taxed?
>>
>>65652909

Seperation of church and state faggot

Churches can't be taxed because they aren't part of the state, and they aren't a for profit organization

There is not function to gay marriage beyond making fags happy

You don't produce consumers, workers or boots for the army

Gays have the same rights as anyone else in their position

Asking for more IS asking for privileged status
>>
>>65655525
>>
>>65652909
>we need separation of church and state
>we need to tax the churches
>>
>>65658822
>Asking for more IS asking for privileged status
Gay men wanted the right to marry men that straight women enjoyed. Same for lesbians and straight men's marriage rights.

There was no privileged status granted, just equalization of the sexes.
>>
>>65653045

This and only this.
>>
>>65652909
For a guy who doesn't believe in God, he sure talks about God a lot.
>>
>>65656875
>hurr durr you must be a single loser like me
How many brain cells did it take to construct that sentence burger boy? Stop lingering in your moms basement.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.