[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
File: 1456520247137.jpg (167 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1456520247137.jpg
167 KB, 1000x750
Thoughts?
>>
File: 4CHAN.png (2 MB, 1440x804) Image search: [Google]
4CHAN.png
2 MB, 1440x804
Wut
>>
You can't just go to college and not do anything the entire time. If you fail your classes or don't even attend them, you fail and can be expelled. That's right now, as in, when you pay for them. Do you guys even think your positions through?
>How could anyone take their education seriously if they aren't personally invested in it
Well gee, in a world RIGHT NOW where you need a degree just to qualify for entry-level, extremely competitive salary-based positions, I wonder what would motivate somebody to give a fuck about their education?
>>
>>65651163
We have free collage. You first write a test at end of highschool to get points. Students are chosed according to those, where collages choose the best students (if there is limit, depends on demand). You can fail 1 year, otherwise you are out. You can still study if you pay, also no limitations.

It could be a good thing for USA, but it depends on standards and quantity. If they would choose students according to affirnitive action or open too much free spaces it would fail but it could be a good thing if choosen on merit.
>>
>>65652240
>chosed
>collages
>affirnitive
>choosen

I think you have never been to collage my friend
>>
>>65649928
I thought Trump supported free college. I can't see why he would support national healthcare but oppose free college.
>>
>>65652537
>someone from Slovenia doesn't have good English means they haven't been to college
>>
>>65652537
Dude, he clearly does not speak English as his first language, and I doubt his shitty slovanian browser has English spell check. Fucking leafs.
>>
>>65651163
>You can't just go to college and not do anything the entire time.
>Go to college
>Major in some stupidly easy subject like psychology
>When you come close to graduating switch to another major like sociology
>When you come close to graduating switch to another major like history
>When you come close to graduating switch to another major like education
Shit any major that doesn't involve math directly or indirectly is retardedly easy. I've pass plenty of sociology and similar classes while never going to class or studying, just skimming wikipedia before a test.
>>
>>65649928
>Won't free college devalue colleges, Rick?
Not unless you make college mandatory like primary school.
The "free" market already fucked up by using college degrees as a sorting mechanism to hired so-called best qualified, so making everyone earn a college degree should bring some balance back to the job market...
...but then you'll need a master's degree in chemistry to wash dishes
>>
>>65652745
>>65652811
>Can't write in proper English
>Thinks his opinions aren't inherently worthless
>>
>>65653105
>sociology doesn't require math
>what is statistics
wew lad
>>
>>65649928
Solution:

You take an entrance exam, top students are selection. Whatever, keep partial affirmative action if it'll shut dindus up.

You still pay for room and board (or live at home)

You have to maintain a certain GPA

No demerits, arrests, or anything else. You fuck up, you don't get free college anymore.

So how will this sort things out?

Free state schools will ALWAYS be a shitty alternative to private colleges. The free market will ALWAYS make an incentive to go to their paid private institution over some shithead state school.

Capitalism will sort out free college.
>>
File: 9a4.jpg (52 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
9a4.jpg
52 KB, 600x600
>>65649928
>rick and morty
>>
>>65653293
>Statistics
>Hard
What is it like being mentally disabled?
>>
Whos got the bernie one?
>>
COLLEGE IS ALREADY FREE FOR MANY AMERICANS YOU STUPID FUCKING KEKS
>>
>>65649928
>Defending student loans
Sweden has free college education. Does that mean that everyone goes there? No. Why? Because studying is harder than being a cashier, or working in some store.

Also, about 2/3 people who joined my program in college dropped out before six months had passed. Went down from like 100 to 30 students. Why? Because everyone thought it was going to be "ay dude, beer and chicks", so they failed every test and just quit.
>>
>>65653319
>Solution:
Better solution don't let poor people who aren't exceptionally intelligent into college. If your ACT isn't 32 or above your parents better be able to dump $60k a year into your education you can't go to college.
>>
>>65653516
Never implied statistics is a hard discipline, faggot.
>any major that doesn't involve math directly or indirectly is retardedly easy
>sociology directly and indirectly uses math
Think before you post, subhuman
>>
>>65650698
It's in response to a retarded reddit meme where Rick looked like Sanders and supported Sanders.

I'm on my phone, can someone else pull that up?
>>
>>65653293
85% of statistics at made up on the spot, anyways.
>>
>>65653786
>only the rich decides who is allowed into higher education
Nice one, jackass
>>
>>65654113
Underrated
>>
>>65653249
You are fucking retarded. Hope your parents get cancer, faggot.
>>
>>65649928
this isn't a good argument against free college

something about imploding the economy
>>
File: best university ever.png (17 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
best university ever.png
17 KB, 225x225
>test to enter determines if you are smart enough to fill class space
>no one forces you to do shit
>semester is about $30
>one of the best school in méxico
inb4 "HURHURHUR BEANER SCHOOL SUCKS"

why are you paying 30k for basically the same thing white man
>>
College is already worthless, free or otherwise. Where i work, we put our top tier graduates that come out of a Moscow college so expensive and "prestigious", that the most beta car on the parking lot is the lates BMW, on intern positions, because they are childlike retards in adult bodies that know NOTHING of what they have been supposedly studying for 4+ years.

Erns&Young issued a statement last year that it wasn't taking dimplomas into account anymore during job interviews, because higher education here is beyond compromised.

It's opem knowldge too. I was lucky to drop out and pickup my trade from pros by working up the ladder.
>>
>>65654143
Did you just unintentionally say that rich=smart? Well, thanks, then.
>>
>>65655406
similar here in America but not quite as bad yet
I have no degree and in my line of work many places barely take it into consideration
t. software developer
>>
>>65655057
They're paying 30K for a social network that can refer them to jobs.
>>65655468
There is nothing unintentional about it.
The higher a family's income bracket, the more likely the children will attend university and earn a degree.
That dumb faggot was arguing that poor=stupid.
>>
>>65653293
>it has numbers so it's science

Retard alert

Those numbers all come from feelings based Q&A, they aren't in any way a measure of anything objective

Go fuck yourself with your social "sciences"
>>
>>65653319
Ah, so the solution is scholarships, which are perfectly effective in their current iteration. No need to spend billions upon billions to overhaul for fucking nothing at best, or a worse system.
>>
>>65656459
>muh objectivity
One can be empirical without being objective, you autist
>>
>>65655767
do they need help to get a job you're supposed to be learning for?
do they want to pay extra 40k for a manual on how to apply for a job too?
>>
>>65650698
Post link to the JewTube account. It's some Taiwanese thing, right?
>>
>>65656653
>a Harvard graduate and a community-college transfer to a four-year graduate have the same chances at getting a job
toppest of keks
These two graduates could have the same level of education—hell, the community college guy could be more knowledgeable and qualified than the Harvard guy—but Havard guy's prestige and friends are going to be a huge advantage over literally who CC guy.
>>
>>65649928
I'd say colleges are pretty devalued already. Information is so cheap the smartest people are all autodidacts from google instead of rhodes scholars, the most successful people tend to be college dropouts (though they networked there). It's a dying institution either way, and free college is their way of trying to keep getting funding when intelligent potential students won't be giving it.
>>
>>65656971
i don't know what qualifys as community college
but usually here the graduates from "public" schools are usually treated better, anyone that pays for colllege is seem like they couldn't enter the public one
for example, in my local campus there is only 30 spaces for med school
at a "private" school it goes well beyond 50k pesos per semester
at the "public" one is about 500
>>
>>65649928
They pulled that scam in the UK. College and Uni used to be free but also had standards and not everyone was encourged to go because it's not always appropriate for their abilities or personal perferences...

But then someone thought fuck it encourge everyone to go by making them feel their losing out and a special princess, lower the standards to make that possible then ohs oh we have to charge now and turn it into a commodity.

I will say nothing of the deliberate propaganding of gender politics to create cultural pessimism, break the family and distract from the only real struggle, that of personal wealth.

It shouldn't be a complete commodity and it should be available to everyone either. It should do it's job and enlighten minds objectivity for the better good.
>>
File: 1455603074303.jpg (54 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1455603074303.jpg
54 KB, 480x480
>>
>>65649928
>Morty as Trump

Rick is more like Trump. He says the fuck what the wants to say, gets drunk, has a hot wife (look at his daughter), had his share of hot bitches, and is also a genius.
>>
>>65657461
ugh souldn't be avaible to everyone. sorry tired. but seriously whether it's free is a mute point it doesn't forefill any genuine purpose. also people can go their own way or do something valuable like skill based training.
>>
>>65649928
I'm 39 years old, can I go to free college living in a free dorm smoking free weed while I skip classes? I'm a Trump supporter but if I can have all this I'll vote Bernie.
>>
>>65657611

Rick is an obvious right-wing libertarian who on NUMEROUS OCCASIONS expressed extreme disdain with any and all forms of government and public schooling.

but these people just don't care, right?
>>
>>65657298
It seems as though there is intense competition for your public schools due to its cheap tuition per semester.
The private schools have accessories and features that public schools do not have. A strong tradition that emphasizes collective morality and values, alumni associations, descendants of the founders attending, etc.
The education public and private students receive are essentially the same, but those private students have privileges in rubbing shoulders with influential people. They've learned gestures and manner of speech that coincides with the elite. They know how to act around affluent people. They're at ease in any given situation. Thus, that premium price they pay gives more than just education, they're receiving elite culture and friends in high places.
>>
>>65649928
Reared in republican virtues, Cicero found himself frequently confounded by Antonius. Antonius heartily agreed with him that the budget should be balanced, that the Treasury should be refilled, that public debt should be reduced, that the arrogance of the generals should be tempered and controlled, that assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt, that the mobs should be forced to work and not depend on the government for subsistence, and that prudence and frugality should be put into practice as soon as possible. But when Cicero produced facts and figures how all these things must and should be accomplished, by austerity and discipline and commonsense, Antonius became troubled.

"But this — or that — would bring hardship on this — or that — class," Antonius said. "The people are accustomed to lavish displays in the circuses and the theaters, and the lotteries, and free grain and beans and beef when they are destitute, and shelter when they are homeless and a part of the city is rebuilt. Is not the welfare of our people paramount?"

"There will be no welfare of the people if we become bankrupt," said Cicero, grimly. "We can become solvent again, and strong, only by self-denial and by spending as little as possible until the public debt is paid and the Treasury refilled."

"But one cannot — if one has a heart at all — deprive the people of what they have received for many decades from government, and which they expect. It will create the most terrible hardships."

"Better that all of us tighten our girdles than Rome fall," said Cicero.

Thoughts?
>>
>>65649928
>college loan debt an incentive to get a high paying job

Great theory, but real life is disproving you as we speak.
>>
>>65657924
uh, then it seems like ours developed the other way
usually the public schools have all the perks you said about the private ones
kinda weird
>>
>>65652537
I think you're a monolingual uneducated piece of shit so you really shouldn't talk shit about other people's second/third language.
>>
File: Polscar.jpg (229 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Polscar.jpg
229 KB, 1280x1024
Most Unnecessarily Confusing OP Image
>>
>>65658083
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_school_%28United_Kingdom%29
>Mexico has English style schooling
Huh
>>
>>65657883
Dude. Of course they dont.
>>
>>65649928
OP is right.
I went to college and busted my balls to graduate early to incur less debt.
I went to the cheapest college possible to incur less debt
I busted my ass to pay off my debt as quick as possible.
I didn't get any free money from the government
I currently have no college loan debt.

If they make free college today I'm enrolling ASAP because other people fucked around while I worked hard.
So I would go back in a heartbeat to fuck around.
Maybe I'd get thrown out
Maybe I'd just get average grades
Maybe I'll take the minimum classes an get good grades for the least work and take the most amount of years to graduate.

But if others are getting something for free that I paid for and worked my ass off for I'm going back and getting my fair share of free fuck around time and easy pussy.
>>
>>65658819
>being this entitled to degeneracy
>>
>>65657611
>Everyone would be geniuses
Yes, I'm sure everyone who has done a gender studies degree is a genius.
>>
>>65651163
Why are jobs so hard to find?
>>
>>65657883
They don't they are just shoehorning a "hip and trendy" character into the mold of their beliefs.
I don't think these idiots have enough mental capacity or reasoning ability to process any of the shows subtleties. They just see Blinking lights, aliens and a smart dude and screech "MULTIKULTI, YEEEEE!!!" If anything Rick is closer to Alex Jones than Sanders.

On an unrelated note
A co worker said that there was a conspiracy against bern-bern because Hillary showed up first on google. Then I had to explain to him how Advertisements worked, I think he finally realized that Google doesn't "do it for free"
>>
>>65657611
>Rick literally says school is not a place for smart people in the first episode and continually takes Morty out of school.

Bern victims are so fucking stupid.
>>
>>65659707
>Bern victims
Shit why didn't I think of this insult before.
>>
>>65659320
Because jobs require experience
Experience requires job time
People go to school to get educational experience
The degree they hold raises the occupational status of their job title
Employers now require candidates to have degrees for job
The cycle repeats
>nurses now need 4 year degrees
>elementary school teachers are not required to have a master's degree, but school districts prefer and hire those with one over the BA/BS
>welders need a BS degree instead of an AS degree for entry level work at large corporations
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Credentialism_and_educational_inflation
>>
>>65651163
>I've never met a liberal arts student
Literally never doing anything.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.