[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone redpill me why devalue currency hurts the US?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: china-devalues-yuan.jpg (88 KB, 460x370) Image search: [Google]
china-devalues-yuan.jpg
88 KB, 460x370
Can someone redpill me why devalue currency hurts the US?
>>
Because it makes things cheaper in China than America so people move to China to make things
>>
The US debt held by China is defined in dollars.

If the Yen is high compared to the dollar you will get fewer Yen per dollar as compared to if it were really worthless in comparison.

The goal is to get more Yen since that's your currency.
>>
>>65645307
Basically this.
With zero regulation, state controlled unions, child and slave labor, ultra-high tariffs, and no patent law, china can undercut anything.
>>
For this and other exciting financial issues, you can also look up "Beggar Thy Neighbor" policy, which is basically a form of "oh shit this is all fucked up how about we toss the hot potato on some other asshole and hope it works out in the end!"

It's available at your local Wikipedia.
>>
you want easy, one line answers. they aren't that simple. go look in a book, or a journal, or something else. you have a very large internet
>>
>>65645181
Supply and demand

The more pretend monopoly money that is supplied, the less valuable it is
>>
>>65645181
Because it makes Chinese exports cheaper, which hurts countries that manufacture competing goods outside of China that naturally cost more due to their currency's higher value.
>>
>>65645181
Because when a country we trade with devalues their currency, they're sending a signal to the international market that production in that country is cheaper thereby attracting companies to outsource production to that country rather than America and beefing up that country's exports. This basically makes the country wealthier, since they're producing more and generating a trade surplus from having a cheap internal market. The free market corrects this by making the value of currency increase and wealth increases, but when a country artificially devalues their currency, they're getting rid of the free market correction and making it so that their country continues to hold an advantage, thereby hurting all of its trading partners. China has been doing this for a long time, and it's contributing to our trade deficit with them.
>>
>>65645609
Oh. I thought the dollar would just regulate the currency to compensate
>>
>>65645965
What do you mean? Are you talking about QE?
>>
File: 1456675273422.jpg (66 KB, 240x374) Image search: [Google]
1456675273422.jpg
66 KB, 240x374
>>65645419
>Yen
>China
>>
>>65645965
What are we supposed to do about it? "Oh no China rigged their currency again so we'd better toss ours even further down the shitter because, yeah, that'll get 'em!"
>>
>>65645181
If china's money is worthless then so is american debt
Checkmate, earth.
>>
>>65646295
Yuan then
>>
>>65645181
Do wages go up with inflation?

No?
>>
>>65646957
>oyy veyy!
>da evil businessmen now need to pay these goy-er, guys a higher minimum wage!
>>
>>65645181
They bought into the bitcoin meme.
>>
>>65646295
post yfw won yen and yuan actually mean the same thing
>>
>>65646369
Are you a fucking cuck? We bring out entire navy into the South China Sea and keep it there until the gooks surrender to our terms.
>>
File: 1446663031737.png (397 KB, 820x461) Image search: [Google]
1446663031737.png
397 KB, 820x461
>>65645419
>>65646295
>>65646435
>>65647355

Y'all faces when you realise the chinese currency is actually called "renminbi"
>>
>>65647643
That's what I'm saiajin, bro. We can't get into a competitive devaluation with these dirty chinkoids, so we have to get things dones by other means.

That's why currency wars are historically the harbinger of real wars.
>>
>>65647886
The yuan (Chinese: 元/圆; pinyin: yuán) (sign: ¥) is the basic unit of the renminbi, but is also used to refer to the Chinese currency generally, especially in international contexts.
>>
>>65645181
People demand Chinese exports, which need to be purchased with the Yuan. More demand for Yuan means the value of the currency goes up. Makes it more expensive to buy Chinese exports, demand for exports goes down since it's more expensive. Only China fuggs with their currency to keep it's value down and keep exports up.

The thing is, the USA does the exact same thing. The Fed is just as guilty of currency manipulation.
>>
>>65648132
It hurts the US because the balance of payments is way out of wack. We have a HUGE trade deficit with China. It's a tremendous transfer of wealth.
>>
>>65647909
Look at the opium wars. Europeans had the Chinese on their knees time and time again. We need to end this bullshot the right way.
>>
>>65645181
Because the US has been hemorrhaging blue collar jobs since the 70's and white collar jobs since the early 2000's.
It's gotten to the point where it is both cheaper to manufacture overseas as well as train overseas and bring them in through the work visa program.
>>
>>65648583
Yeah, it's a pretty good thing we brought the H back home this time around, huh?

Like crack cocaine wasn't enough. Let's rev up those scrips guise :DDDD
>>
>>65648583
I suppose having Hong Kong back would be nice.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 KB, 944x517) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 KB, 944x517
>>65645181
isn't "can someone redpill me on ___" against the board rules????? what are mods even doing.
>>
>>65645181
see
>>65648132
>>65648314
>>
>>65645609
On top of all of that, they are also subsidizing their industries.

>>65645181
It hurts banks' buying power in other countries. Eventually, the United States will be nothing but banks.
>>
>>65649306
only when it's stupid meaningless shit like
"redpill me on [insert something obscure or obviously bait]"
>>
>>65645181
It makes exports from there cheaper, but imports more expensive.
This brings more manufacturing jobs to china and the chinese people can only afford to buy chinese made goods
i.e. it brings more money into the country and keeps it there.
>>
>>65645307
>Because it makes things cheaper in China than America so people move to China to make things
In other words, people work for you almost for free. That has to hurt your standard of living!

>>65645181
It doesn't. Only populists like Trump spout such nonsense.

You can't hurt a country by dumping a bunch of cheap goods on it.
>>
>>65645181

>> You and I order a pizza to split.
>> Pizza arrives.
>> 8 slices.
>> I eat 7 slices and cut the last into 4 pieces.
>> You show up... "Wtf anon??"
>> 4+4 is 8. Now pay me for your half.
>>
>>65651059

>work
>for you

Fucking retard
>>
>>65651059
shut up spain, you suck german cock for money
you'd be nothing without catalonia
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.