[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is orthodoxy the way?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
Is orthodoxy the way?
>>
File: 1455927660505.jpg (38 KB, 720x588) Image search: [Google]
1455927660505.jpg
38 KB, 720x588
>>65636355
Culturally Christian is the way
>>
>>65636355
believing in god is the way.

believing in any man made institution is slavery.
>>
>>65636355
Can some one give me a TL;DR on the differences between the major christian sects? Prot, cath, orth etc
>>
>>65636927
Katolikerna är kättare
>>
File: martin luther.jpg (532 KB, 469x5000) Image search: [Google]
martin luther.jpg
532 KB, 469x5000
>>65637037
De gillar pojkstjärt också.
>>
>>65636355

>Not converting to Latvian Orthodox?

What are you, a fat kike?
>>
>>65636927
>Prot
Wide variety of bullshit.
>Cath
Stricter bullshit.
>Orth
Moderately strict bullshit
>>
>>65636355
>muh secret oral code
This is the exact thing that Jews say to justify killing "goyim".
>>
File: 1447031728316.png (137 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1447031728316.png
137 KB, 300x250
>>65636355
>Raised protestant
>looking for something more reverent and less degenerate
> investigate local orthodox churches, because Catholics are corrupt idolaters
>everything about sounds great, ready to go next service
>discover they still expect you to kiss the priest's hand, and confess to him directly

Dropped. Why can't I find a traditional reverent church without the middleman BS?
>>
>>65636927
Orthodox = Catholic in all major ways but the Pope. Protestants range from heretics to full retards. The creationists in the US are protestant.
>>
>>65636355
Michael Raphael Johnson's lecture archive, many Q and A topics explain points of Orthodox theology.
http://reasonradionetwork.com/category/programs/the-orthodox-nationalist
>>
>>65639369
This is incoherent nonsense.
Orthodoxy aims to recreate the authentic original pattern of service and is decentralized and nationalistic.
The Vatican is a failed empire that rewrote dogma and services whenever expedient to manipulate kingdoms.
>>
File: 1410700059_981286367 (1).jpg (78 KB, 423x593) Image search: [Google]
1410700059_981286367 (1).jpg
78 KB, 423x593
>>65636355
>>
File: 1451536676168.png (418 KB, 760x675) Image search: [Google]
1451536676168.png
418 KB, 760x675
>>65639082
>discover they still expect you to kiss the priest's hand, and confess to him directly

suck a dick faggot, what you're saying is bullshit
>>
>>65639082

Because love is not prideful.

Its your problem.
>>
Orthodox christianity is a religion of slavic cucks, who never even crusaded, and the current patriarch is russian version of Rodrigo Borgia. No, it is not the way.
>>
>>65636355
Yes
Embrace it
>>
>>65636927
Orthodox - being a political dog of what state they belong to
Catholic - neutral af.
>>
>>65636355
(Kant has already disproved your kike on a stick cult)
>>
>>65640293
There doctrine is the same.
>>
>>65640655
>not bowing before the prideful is prideful

I missed the part where the disciples put on shiny robes and demanded that the followers kiss them and confess to them instead of Jesus
>>
>>65636927
catholic - roman slavery of the serfs
orthodox - russian slavery of the serfs
protestant - a million different flavors of make up your own mind about god.

none of them are correct. the bible will not bring you salvation. god is not so fucked up that only a certain sect of history teachers can save you.

god can save you.
>>
Oriental Orthodox is better. Assyrian Church of the East is probably the closet you will get to original Christianity.
>>
>>65639082
At least the priests can get married instead of having them rape children.
>>
>>65636927
Protestants are niggers

Orthodoxy can be interesting due to various atavisms (pagan leanings) can be found in different regions, incorporated into faith rituals.

Catholics were the most interesting denomination during Borgia popes

If you appreciate Christian culture you should never forget that it was the crusaders who brought down Byzantium, not the Turks.
>>
>>65641967

Their hands have touched the divine presence of Christ himself.
>>
>>65641075
Philosophy 101 student detected. Kant had objections to the ontological argument but was a devout Lutheran and wrote extensively on religious topics.

So OP. No. Lutheranism is the way.
>>
>>65639082
Cause the no middleman stuff is called 'universal priesthood', and its a protestant doctrine.
>>
>>65643552
I don't have a problem with that. But if you can give me biblical evidence that refutes that I'll listen, honestly.
>>
>>65638103
I don't understand the line about the angels and breeding with women. That is plainly in the Hebrew texts, Catholics didn't add it in, I don't get it.
>>
Well would you look at that. Protty's making trouble again.
>>
>>65644041
not trying to refute it, I'm saying that based on fundamental doctrine, you are a protestant. Nothing wrong with that, I just think that what you actually want to do is change denominations within Protestantism, not change sects.
>>
>>65636927
Catholic:
+ Unified
+ Keeps sacred the Holy Tradition
+ The actual Church of Christ
+ You can get a 100% valid Eucharist
+ Apostolic
- Modernism is getting a strong foothold nowadays
- Modern popes can be confusing in what they do or say
- Biggest target of protestant heresies
Orthodox:
+ Keeps sacred the Holy Tradition
+ Very traditional minded
+ You can get a 100% valid Eucharist
+ says a big fugg you to modernism
+ Apostolic
- Not unified (except in dogma)
- Sometimes seen as an 'ethnic' church that doesn't look well on outsiders
- Schismatics but still part of the Church of Christ
- They hold councils once everytime the planets align 68 degrees from the moon (a.k.a. almost never)
Protestantism:
+ Free pass to heaven as long as you believe in Jesus Christ
+ You can pretty much believe what you want and you'll find a church/denomination that will support your views and take on the bible
+ Free biblical interpretation
+ You can choose to become a priest (around lv. 25 I think after the main quest Luther gives you)
- What is a 'union'?
- No Eucharist
- Gay priests and weddings (not all)
- Say fugg you to Tradition, and unknowingly substitute it with their own
- Lots of heresies
Coptics:
+ All the good points from orthodoxy
+ Still very close to catholicism
- Also schismatics (except for coptic catholics) but also still part of the Church of Christ
- The difference in dogmatic points between Coptics and catholics/orthodox are minor, complex and misunderstood since their schism
You're welcome.
>>
Yes, especially for you, Sven, although I'm not sure how much hope is left for you guys.
>>
>>65645102
Makes sense, good point. But finding one that's still very traditional without some non biblical doctrine thrown in for luls is tough
>>
>>65645645

catholics did not keep the holy tradition, they added well over 30 heresies after the great schism

Orthodox churhc is not schismatic, its teh Catholic one that broke out .
>>
Fuck no. I've been to orthodox masses and they're degenerate. There's an effiminate man who has never had sex with a woman wearing a dress singing in falsetto. They give alcohol to children. This is all happening with the governments approval.

Hail Luther.
>>
>>65645645
You also seem to love to touch little kids you sick fuck.
>>
>>65636355
BEING A MAN, PROUD, FEAR NOTHING is the way
THE RELIGION IS FOR THE OLDERS
>>
>>65642351

orthodox church has nothing to do with russians

Russia is just the country with highest number of orthodox people

There are also greeks who are 98% orthodox, romanians 99%,serbs 98%, bulgars,armenians,georgians,ethiopians,egyptians,syrians etc
>>
>>65636355
I ONLY USE EPOXY
>>
>>65647390
>tfw dad's a eucharistic minister
>tfw best friend family from down the road
>tfw when dad's like, oh yeah that guy, you're supposed to sip the wine but he always take a nice long gulp out of it
>>
>>65636355
>church of Sweden
I'd hurry because your most likely doomed to hell already, sorry bud.
>>
>>65637037
Nee we zijn geen ketters.

t. proud catholic
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.