[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RIP Big Tony Scalia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 132
File: Untitled.png (531 KB, 1351x770) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
531 KB, 1351x770
Pay homage to this based god of the supreme court.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/us-world/article/Senior-Associate-Justice-Antonin-Scalia-found-6828930.php?cmpid=twitter-desktop
>>
Fuck yea. The cancerous conservatard of limited vision and accolyte for a randian dystopia of butt fucking guntards without a clue dies in the land of libertarian fuckwits and racist trailer trash. The universe is a bit brighter today.Fuck you all and welcome to the liberal court.
>>
>>64058494
The homosexual agenda is real and you are part of it. There are absolutely no bad consequences whatsoever flowing from the prohibition of sodomy and everything Scalia says in that opinion is 100% true.
>>
>>64058214
>First Black Women on the Court
If the GOP block it, they will probably be bludgeoned to death by November.
>>
i don't dislike gays and they can do whatever but i don't agree with gay marriage

i thought this stance was fairly common but this all seems to have been very polarized lately
>>
>>64061996
Hell yeah.
>>
I don't get it, who is this guy? What'd he do that was so good?
>>
well about time for another chosen justice
>3 jews
>6 goys
what a holocaust that ratio was
>>
File: liberal_paradise.webm (2 MB, 360x640) Image search: [Google]
liberal_paradise.webm
2 MB, 360x640
>>64061996
>welcome to the liberal court
>>
>>64042063
Conservatives, since the beginning of time.
Leftists are degenerates. Degenerates by definition do not care about morality of action.
QED
>>
I thought John Kasich was also running? Why isnt everyone getting the same amount of time?
>>
anybody sad about this is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>64062715
see
>>64043644
>>
hi fags

I wrote a blog post on an opinion delivered by Scalia that I've always liked.

http://aporeticvoice.com/2016/02/14/rip-justice-scalia/

read it or don't, I don't make a habit of shilling, please don't bully
>>
>>64062458
>6 goys

You mean 6 catholics, how come nobody finds this odd - not a single agnostic or protestant
>>
File: tumblr_mbfj7ek66D1qjvxfho1_500.jpg (68 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbfj7ek66D1qjvxfho1_500.jpg
68 KB, 500x667
>>64062715
>>
Did Carson just say $200 trillion?
>>
Do most Americans know who the supreme court judges are? I could name loads of MPs, but not a single serving British judge. I think in my parents' lifetimes they (and I) could name exactly ONE judge.
>>
>>64043417
Ah boston fag.
>>
>>64041599
>Snowden
>NSA shill

How do you fuck up this badly.
>>
>>64063112
average american? no. american who pays attention to politics beyond the election cycle? yes.
>>
>>64062993
You also clicked the wrong post in catalog. This is the Scalia page, not the debate one.
>>
>>64063112
To be honest, if I was questioned at gunpoint on any given day I could name 4/9, and I think that is way above average for most americans
>>
>>64062923
like they would ever let a WASP in the supreme court
>>
>>64041642
The Onion is likely parodying the type of person who would unironically write that sort of article as much as they are poking fun at Scalia himself.
>>
>>64063112
>Do most Americans know who the supreme court judges are?

Yes. At least some of them. If I mentioned Scalia or a few others, the average american would know. They are generally household names.
>>
I honestly don't know who this is, but I assume he's been assassinated by Big Guys?
>>
>>64063713
Deemed 'Natural Causes' so we will never know for sure
>>
Liberal court...liberal court...liberal court. Say it with me bro. Liberal court...liberal court...liberal court.

Fuck you conservatards. You reign of stupid is fast coming to an end.
>>
>>64063605
I'm not sure the Onion is :that: meta.
>>
>>64063251
lol if you don't think he's a false flag
>>
why is trump so angry?
>>
Trump is fucking relentless. No surrender.
>>
>>64062302

I don't see why it was needed. Civil partnerships took care of the legal rights. It seems like they weren't enough purely because of the name, and since that goes hand-in-hand with the tradition of religious marriage, there's no reason that tradition couldn't be kept (and I'm not religious).
>>
>>64063112
Yes, but I read court cases now and again. They're really interesting. It started when I was really mad about some ruling, and was in an involved online debate about it. The debate got a little bogged down in details, so I read the opinion of the court. It really changed everything for me in terms of my ire towards the court system. I have since found that 99% of that ire is totally misplaced, that even Justices I disagree with (like Scalia for instance) are really reasonable people, and that most of my anger should be directed at the legislative branch which utterly fails to do its job.

9 times out of 10, if you don't like a court case, but READ the case, you'll see that the Justices are usually left in an impossible situation left by the legislature. "Judicial Activism" is kind of a bad meme.
>>
>>64063883
say liberal three times in the mirror and a democrat shows up and takes your wallet
>>
>>64063536
Retired in 2010 and two more during the last decade.
>>
>>64044673
link the archive.is version?
>>
>>64064010
>>64063979

Obama is going to steal the SCOTUS slot just like he stole Trumps bike
>>
>>64062845
>>64043644
Agreed.
>>
>>64064157
haha. Suck it. We will butt fuck you and your wallet now. W'ell also put an end to you stupid public religious shit.
>>
>>64064259

stevens was based as fuck, its a shame we don't have anyone close to him in there
>>
>>64061370

A 2L on the East Coast.
>>
“Mere factual innocence is no reason not to carry out a death sentence properly reached.” - Scalia

REST IN PEACE SWEET PRINCE
>>
>>64041642
this is bait, right?
>>
B A S E D

quotes incoming

“There is nothing new in the realization that the Constitution sometimes insulates the criminality of a few in order to protect the privacy of us all.”
>>
>>64063871
The CBC announcer on TWTW was so gleeful as she announced it. Then she proceeded to whine about how it's snowing in the winter in Canada. Toronto is so disgusting, I hate how the rest of us have to put up with their shit.
>>
>>64059379
Adultery should be severely punished
>>
>>64055974
>states rights you dummy, he argued the Feds have no authority over buttsex you illiterate fuck
>>
JEB BUSH CHICKEN LITTLE

THE SKY IS FALLING
>>
>>64064643
Which school are you at m8?
>>
>>64041947
What is there to question in that macro? Absolutely everything depicted as occurring objectively did occur, and the cake makes a good analogy (though arguably not the best).
>>
>dat awkward Jeb smile
gross
>>
>>64063368

I watch the odd political show most weeks, all year 'round. Judges names just never come up about anything. I couldn't even tell you if any politicians are even involved with appointing judges. As far as I know, judges appoint new judges. We do hear occasionally about a new law being shot down by the courts, and even then if they mention any judges names at all then you'd have never heard of them and they'd be instantly forgotten. Again, as far as I know, courts and judges don't have any strong link to partisan politics.
>>
>>64041642
No respect for the deceased is a sign of poor morals and mannerisms.
>>
Fucking shill crowd.
>>
"Certainly the Constitution does not require discrimination on the basis of sex. The only issue is whether it prohibits it. It doesn't. Nobody ever thought that that's what it meant. Nobody ever voted for that. If the current society wants to outlaw discrimination by sex, hey we have things called legislatures, and they enact things called laws. You don't need a constitution to keep things up-to-date. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box. You don't like the death penalty anymore, that's fine. You want a right to abortion? There's nothing in the Constitution about that. But that doesn't mean you cannot prohibit it. Persuade your fellow citizens it's a good idea and pass a law. That's what democracy is all about. It's not about nine superannuated judges who have been there too long, imposing these demands on society."
>>
>>64022842
>based god

He was Yuge
>>
>>64065645
Suck it and bend over so the next liberal court can buttfuck your ass.
>>
>>64042530
>implying local gun stores have publicly traded stocks
Here's an alternative suggestion:
>become intelligent
>invest in firearms (ones that will appreciate in value)
>invest your time to become proficient with them
>vote, and encourage others to do so as well
>>
>>64065645
Certainly worse than Citizens United. Good luck being marginalized.
>>
>>64065911

its amazing to me how someone in that position cannot understand his charge or what the difference between de jure and de facto are

good fucking riddance
>>
>>64022842
Just watch Obama nominate a black woman for the Supreme Court and then see the Republicans recoil in horror at the public relations fallout.
>>
>>64065911
>Arguing from democracy: A system where 2 wolves and a lamb decide what's for dinner
>>
>>64065911
I really like that, going to try and find who said it now.
>>
>>64062715
He said "claiming" moral superiority.
>>
>>64066193
I should have guessed it would be Scalia, it sounded like him
>>
>>64060477
And your denigrating a dead man who did much good for the conservative cause because he didn't agree with you 100 percent of the time. Politically your an idiot personally your disgusting.
>>
>>64022842

He was not a real Catholic= because he acknowledges the American People as the supreme authority in law and governance, not Jesus Christ.

To hell with him.
>>
File: 1441422880954.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1441422880954.gif
2 MB, 250x188
>>64048292
>>
Shill crowd ruined the debate. Who's with me?
>>
>>64041829
Powerful government is the problem not the money. No power in government, no money in government.

It's as simple as 2+2.
>>
File: cant-keep-getting-away-with-it.gif (2 MB, 245x295) Image search: [Google]
cant-keep-getting-away-with-it.gif
2 MB, 245x295
"The substance of today’s decree is not of immense personal importance to me. The law can recognize as marriage whatever sexual attachments and living arrangements it wishes, and can accord them favorable civil consequences, from tax treatment to rights of inheritance.Those civil consequences—and the public approval that conferring the name of marriage evidences—can perhaps have adverse social effects, but no more adverse than the effects of many other controversial laws. So it is not of special importance to me what the law says about marriage. It is of overwhelming importance, however, who it is that rules me. Today’s decree says that my Ruler, and the Ruler of 320 million Americans coast-to-coast, is a majority of the nine lawyers on the Supreme Court. The opinion in these cases is the furthest extension in fact—and the furthest extension one can even imagine—of theCourt’s claimed power to create “liberties” that theConstitution and its Amendments neglect to mention. This practice of constitutional revision by an unelected committee of nine, always accompanied (as it is today) by extravagant praise of liberty, robs the People of the most important liberty they asserted in the Declaration of Independence and won in the Revolution of 1776: the freedom to govern themselves."

Justice Scalia, dissenting, Obergefell v. Hodges
>>
>>64066859
Wrong thread. Who's with me?
>>
>>64046507
You forgot "let me be clear"
>>
>>64041917
I hope you're next.
>>
>>64067563
youre number 1000, congrats
>>
>>64066416
I thought you were fucking with me man because the thread is about one guy. i was bout to be mean, glad you figured it out.
>>
File: Scalia.jpg (147 KB, 680x967) Image search: [Google]
Scalia.jpg
147 KB, 680x967
>you will never be as intelligent, well spoken, and hilariously insulting as scalia was.... and now he himself is dead.

why even live? he was feared and respected by the high ranking liberals in US govt and nobody is around to fill that void.

even on the crazy off chance that senate stalls the appointment until the next president gets in, i don't think anyone could properly fill this guy's shoes.
>>
Honestly, the supreme court is more important than the presidency, at least in my eyes. In terms of doing stuff, anyway.

Sucks we lost a good man. If we don't get a republican as president who can appoint another conservative judge, then we're in for a rude fucking awakening if we think everything is awful NOW.
>>
File: scalia_jerk_rect.jpg (295 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
scalia_jerk_rect.jpg
295 KB, 660x440
“To believe in traditional Christianity is something else,” he’s reported as having said. “For the son of God to be born of a virgin? I mean, really. To believe that he rose from the dead and bodily ascended into heaven? How utterly ridiculous. To believe in miracles? Or that those who obey God will rise from the dead and those who do not will burn in hell?”

“God assumed from the beginning that the wise of the world would view Christians as fools … and he has not been disappointed.”

“If I have brought any message today, it is this: Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity. Be fools for Christ. And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world.”

Amen.
>>
>>64067739

Well unlike 95% of the people on 4chan I know that there is this magical thing called Google, and that I should ask it a question several times and ways before asking 4chan because it makes one look less stupid.
>>
Im happy this retarded piece of shit is dead and now Obama can appoint someone with a brain
>>
>>64067899
Maybe not Day 1, that is asking too much. But maybe we can find someone who has the ability to become another Scalia down the road.
>>
File: 1408543297950.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1408543297950.png
29 KB, 633x758
Fuck this makes me so sad. He was so based. He was a faithful catholic despite the church becoming so liberal. He made friends with people who disagreed with him despite most libtards today being spiteful faggots who would try to destroy people who disagree with him.

F
>>
File: 1453366174798.gif (2 MB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
1453366174798.gif
2 MB, 500x285
>have a great day with friends
>come home and see this

Not wanting to sound like a bitch but I honestly want to cry. Scalia was a vanguard in our government protecting our rights and trying his best to turn the tide of degeneracy.

Fuck I thought after that one court circuit ruled that it is the constitutional right of any citizen to own whatever rifle they wanted I thought it would go to the supreme court and Scalia would come and save me in CA.

Scalia isn't coming, /pol/.

Nobody is going to save me.

We're so fucked. Nobody gives a shit anymore about what we're supposed to be. A bunch of immigrants came in to my state and told me what my rights were.

fuck.

I'm crying.
>>
>>64022842
Nice hitjob. You murricans must feel really safe now that the goverment has the right to perform extrajuditial killings of it's own citizens.
>>
>>64068264
Lacking one himself, how will he recognize it in someone else?
>>
Fuck so will Obama be a scum and appoint the first transgender Justice now?
>>
>>64068432
If Clinton is elected the USA is going down in flames, and it will be for the best; If she wins it will prove that the rot is too deep, we will need to wipe the slate clean and start over.

I honestly feel like I'm living in the Future History of Hugo Gottfried
>>
>>64068432
Ha ha.
>>
>>64042304
>Australian post actually smart and not shit posting
>Whats going on here...
It's new Zealand actually.
>>
Why does this have a sticky?

Should I know this fag?
>>
Just curious, is there a timeline of events at all?

Scalia missed breakfast/body found by hotel worker(9am?10am?)

Local county officals involved.
US Marshal Service and FBI said to be invovled.

5pm hearse arrives.

I guess this all seems about right, I was just idly curious if there was any other time frames mentioned today?
>>
File: 1444082904013.png (927 KB, 1202x833) Image search: [Google]
1444082904013.png
927 KB, 1202x833
>>64068432
I feel like crying too. Casuals don't realize how huge this is. It's bigger than the election. W will feel the effects of this for decades and could be a huge turning point in American politics going forward.

Given, Scalia was nearly 80 and probably going to resign in the next few years anyway, but the timing could absolutely not be worse.

Obongo was probably smiling ear to ear when he heard this.
>>
>>64068432
>Not wanting to sound like a bitch but I honestly want to cry. Scalia was a vanguard in our government protecting our rights and trying his best to turn the tide of degeneracy.
I think this is pretty overstated. Scalia wasn't on the side of protecting rights at all. He was on the side of keeping the constitution and its principles on stable footing. He's ruled for and against rights, though. Mostly he respected the limits of Federal government, even when it was inconvenient to his own biases.
>>
>>64066233
>Assuming the average drunk male voter is capable of noting the hypocrisy of the common female but not of the common politician.
>>
File: face1295652432320.png (3 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
face1295652432320.png
3 KB, 429x410
Rest in piece, another hero can leave this world to the next without shame.
>>
File: goptears.jpg (27 KB, 400x700) Image search: [Google]
goptears.jpg
27 KB, 400x700
Cheers everyone
>>
>>64068894
One of the last people keeping the US from dragging the world into a global war.

Don't kid yourself that if we implode into a new Civil war that the rest of the World isn't going to be involved right up to your eyebrows
>>
File: great men of great memes.png (348 KB, 651x340) Image search: [Google]
great men of great memes.png
348 KB, 651x340
Good bye Tony, you inspired me to great heights in academia. I wish I got to see you.
>>
>>64069159
look ma, I posted it again!
>>
>>64069129
>>64069262

At least he won't have to see it all come tumbling down despite his best efforts.
>>
>>64069193
You're fucking retarded.
>>
File: mitch-mcconnell.jpg (182 KB, 550x433) Image search: [Google]
mitch-mcconnell.jpg
182 KB, 550x433
The sheer temerity of this immense faggot McConnel, calling for Obama to leave the appointment of his successor to the next President.

This turtle motherfucker has some incredible ball, I'll give him that.

HOPEFULLY we won't see yet another goddamn Catholic on the bench.
>>
File: 1454815135712.gif (2 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1454815135712.gif
2 MB, 240x180
Well fellow conservatives. No matter how much hits we take: we keep going further. Don't let this country become a cuck liberal paradise with no guns, illegals, disease ridden military aged male refugees, PC, and sjw's. We have to stop this fucking madness.
>>
>>64069540
>HOPEFULLY we won't see yet another goddamn Jew on the bench.
ftfy
>>
>>64045124
>Scalia wasn't for oppressing gays just was against gay marriage.

http://www.npr.org/2016/02/13/140647230/justice-antonin-scalia-known-for-biting-dissents-dies-at-79

>When the court struck down a state law that made private homosexual conduct a crime, Scalia was outraged.

http://www.npr.org/2016/02/13/140647230/justice-antonin-scalia-known-for-biting-dissents-dies-at-79

>[On gay marriage] "Really? Who ever thought that intimacy and spirituality (whatever that means) were freedoms?"
>>
>>64069471
You think there won't be a Civil war if Clinton is in office and just does more of the same as Obama in the name of 'progress'

If so you are the real retard here.
>>
>>64069647
>gay rights
>right to fuck 16 year old bois assholes

Sorry, no. Not in this country. Not in any civilized nation. Not getting stoned to death is more rights than any sodomite deserves.
>>
>>64069647

How about you read his actually words without the lib-media filter? Because his personal feels about gay marriage had nothing to do with his dissent.
>>
>>64055384

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/religion_theseeker/2011/05/hate-evil-but-dont-celebrate-bin-ladens-death.html
>>
File: liberaltears2_1.jpg (165 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
liberaltears2_1.jpg
165 KB, 1200x800
>>64062944
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mitch-mcconnell-senate-should-wait-for-next-president-to-replace-antonin-scalia/
>>
>>64022842

TOO FUCKING SOON

I SWEAR IT WAS BLOOM BERG AND OTHER KIKES 5HAT KILLED HIM
>>
>>64069856
It truly is impossible to browse pol for a minute without someone sperging out about fags.
>>
>>64068859
>Take my rights I will laugh
I'm moving to Hungary either way because... well.. fuck this country, but you're a primo cuck dude.
>>
>>64069647
Wow this article makes me fucking mad, and I don't even like Scalia. They make him sound like some partisan fucking hack. I don't think that of ANY of the justices.

Fuck I hate the media so much.
>>
File: Ammon Bundy.jpg (103 KB, 1390x1000) Image search: [Google]
Ammon Bundy.jpg
103 KB, 1390x1000
>>64069654
>You think there won't be a Civil war if

Yeah, we don't think there will be a civil war if

Remember the huge convoys of True Americans who rushed to the last cause?
>>
>>64069647

This makes me hate liberals so much. I'm so fucking mad
>>
Pardon my ignorance, but what is the significance of this man's death?
>>
RAND PAUL FOR SUPREME COURT JUSTICE
>RAND PAUL FOR SUPREME COURT JUSTICE
>>
>>64069471

You assblasted your cuck conservative god is burning in hell fag?
>>
What did the deleted post say? Must have been triple aussie tier trolling.

As for the death itself, feels like an assassination. A chance to get another uber liberal on the court before obongo leaves.
>>
>>64070664
Evil wins.
>>
File: 1413673739947.gif (443 KB, 500x319) Image search: [Google]
1413673739947.gif
443 KB, 500x319
>>64070650
Stay mad, dickless conservative.
>>
>>64070804
I would actually love this but it's not going to happen
>>
>>64047872
Those lifetime appointments are so that they are removed from the political process, meaning they are safe from outside influence

unfortunately, we aren't safe from the ones who "really like making policy"
>>
>>64070664
Scalia's death is honestly more important than who win's the presidential election

Whoever fills his shoes will influence the next 30 years of judicial decisions
>>
>>64070664

He was the leading Constitutionalist on the Supreme Court, his death makes the court split 4-4 Lib-Conserve, but more like 4-1-3 Lib-Activist-Conserve

it means that Obama gets to trya nd push another one of his ideologues into the SCOTUS, making it 5-4/5-1-3. But even if he doesn't get one in the court will still rule in favor of Liberal causes or at best let lower court ruling stand.
>>
>>64022842

You guys realise he's a shill right?
>>
>>64070834
Uh.. I think you replied to the wrong post?
>>
>>64070964
Or religious ideologues.
>>
>>64071000
>>64070965
Well shit, what horrible timing to die.
>>
>>64071029
There's no such thing as a shill.
>>
>>64071090
Or Ideaologues in general, religious, secular or otherwise.
>>
>>64046441

Why would it be otherwise? Liberals are cucks, by definition they enter into agreements which don't benefit themselves.
>>
>>64070664
With his death a seat on the supreme court has opened up.

If Obama manages to fill that seat, or if dems win the white house in november, the supreme court will be majority liberal

With a Court majority, they will be able to declare any and all liberal legislation constitutional.

For example if a gun rights/grabber case is brought to the supreme court, they will side with the grabbers each time. Don't be surprised if they rule that all guns except for 200 year old muskets with enough powder and ammo for one shot are banned from private ownership.
>>
>>64056746
how do i even reading comprehension
>>
>>64071193
I'd have to see a secular ideologue in action on the Supreme Court to make a judgement on that, desu.
>>
File: 1449608231625.png (102 KB, 399x240) Image search: [Google]
1449608231625.png
102 KB, 399x240
>>64022842
Fucking hell I bet you they killed him
he was at a dinner and just went home early and died??

his actuarial tables gave <5-10% chance of dying this year

Obama fucking jumped on this like a madman, he's fucking trying to influence the election

kill scalia and then get the SC to make all illegals able to vote

FUCKING NIGGER
>>
>>64071211
>cucks

Opinion discarded. This word is on the same tier as le funny banana maymay.
>>
>>64071409
Ruled 'Natural Causes' so even if it was murder there won't be any investigation.
>>
File: Alan_Keyes.jpg (57 KB, 416x431) Image search: [Google]
Alan_Keyes.jpg
57 KB, 416x431
>>64071307
The longest a nomination has been held up was 125 days. Obama has 342 days.
>>
File: 1388548369743.png (587 KB, 935x701) Image search: [Google]
1388548369743.png
587 KB, 935x701
>>
>>64070963
>RAND PAUL FOR SUPREME COURT JUSTICERAND PAUL FOR SUPREME COURT JUSTICE
>>
File: 1443298261845.jpg (149 KB, 700x468) Image search: [Google]
1443298261845.jpg
149 KB, 700x468
>post yfw Obama blows the fuck out of republicans for the 254th time
>>
>>64071556
Records are made to be broken, but yeah, I'm not optimistic.
>>
>>64042507
the Global Environment Facility, a UN organization, look it up. It's an eco Central bank, WORLDWIDE.

its a flimsy excuse to change the rules and send in troops to shut down a 'problematic' nation
>>
>>64071556
There is nothing in the Constitution that says how long Congress can take to approve of an appointee.
>>
>>64042838
Classic Jew, referring the guy to your cousin.
>>
>>64071612
Rand Paul is a meme politician.
>>
>>64071612
Does he have any law experience at all.
>>
File: us}cfpa!!.gif (4 KB, 354x216) Image search: [Google]
us}cfpa!!.gif
4 KB, 354x216
>>64067049
Liberty: The God that failed. It exposes much as to why Scalia, though maybe well-intentioned, still doesn't get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P9nFumxKp8
>>
>>64071783
I think he was a medical doctor before going into the senate. So no.
>>
>>64071861

Liberty != secular

You can be free and religious
>>
File: Boehner Bawling.jpg (15 KB, 299x225) Image search: [Google]
Boehner Bawling.jpg
15 KB, 299x225
>>64071713
Oh I know, and Turtle Boy will probably make a run for the record at least.
But in his heart, he has to know that the blathering populist who's hijacked his party isn't going to win the Presidency by bullshitting.

Which leaves the prospect of Bill's axe-grinding old wife choosing the next Justice against the reasonable negro Centrist just getting it over with.
>>
>>64072029
We are backed up to a cliff, we don't really have much more we can retreat on.

We have to stand for something at some point, even at the cost of our lives.
>>
God chooses who leaves the earth and it was his time.
>>
Aw shit.

Without Scalia, the supreme court will go downhill really fast now. A good man. One of the few who was great enough to criticize the power grab of his own institution.

May he rest in peace.
>>
>>64022842
rip Scalia
>>
>>64072029
What the funk happens if they put another woman on there?
.oh more women than men how progressive.....
>>
>>64066923
"Let's cut all taxes!"
"Hands off my medicaid/fire department/streets/police department/military"

>Paying taxes
>Having all that stuff

Pick one.
>>
>>64072301
The biggest threat to your life your own choices make is Diabeetus.
>>
>>64072691
Worse the tax cuts have just caused more flat taxes like fucking red light cameras.
>>
>>64072029

>Obama
>reasonable centrist

That's why he appointed Sotomayor, a reasonable centrist :^)
>>
>>64071986

The only freedom you have is the freedom of your will. Otherwise, you are 99% limited.

It is through your will that you can overcome your limitations. If you do not, then you might as well be destined to Hell, for those who say they have no will, only have aligned their will to the easy, natural, and worldly.
>>
>>64072691

Other than Military and a few other things too large for any individual state to fund, all those things should be at the Local/state level

the issue is that we are at a point where many states are dependant on Fed money because they budget deficts, which lets the fed gain more power and the Fed is far easier to influence and control than 50 states and thousands of localities.
>>
>>64022842
Good riddance. I don't give a fuck
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 236x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 236x343
non degenerate music /pol/ ?

youtube.com/watch?v=FXfIsK85fxk

pick related
>>
>/pol/'s response when literally anyone else dies
>"LMAO DUMB CUNT DESERVED IT DEAD NIGGERS DEAD KEKS PRAISE KEK LOL"
>Scalia dies
>"OMG HOW DARE THOSE HEARTLESS FUCKING LIBS STRAIGHT TO THE GAS CHAMBERS WITH THOSE DEGENERATES"

Fuck you /pol/ you bunch of brainwashed morons
>>
literally who?
some fatty in America?
who cares?
>>
>>64073409
This. Nobody gives a fuck about this fatty
>>
>>64073525
>>64073409
NON-AMERICANS LEAVE
>>
File: scalia.png (78 KB, 460x259) Image search: [Google]
scalia.png
78 KB, 460x259
>>
File: 1415944713451.jpg (22 KB, 635x475) Image search: [Google]
1415944713451.jpg
22 KB, 635x475
Right now there are Americans in this thread who don't know who this man was.

And their vote is worth the same as mine.

FUCK ME
U
C
K

M
E
>>
File: palin-wink.jpg (28 KB, 635x456) Image search: [Google]
palin-wink.jpg
28 KB, 635x456
>>64073082
>Other than Military and a few other things too large for any individual state to fund

Which amounts to an incredible number of things, not a "few" things.

I see that you really believe that the State governments are LESS power-hungry, corrupt, wasteful and incompetent than the Federal government.

Which shows me that you are almost completely unfamiliar with State and Local govnerment.
>>
was this dude murdered? i'm not familiar with him but did he have any recent activity that could have been a threat to the government?
>>
>>64073819
(Breaks pencil)
>>
Everyone's saying they hope Obama can get a replacement confirmed before he leaves. Only chance in hell that will happen is if he appoints a milquetoast left-of-center choice.

But what about this...

This is our year. We already have an amazing, true progressive presidential candidate in Trump. Let's go all in. Let's flood the general election with unprecedented progressive/Republican turnout. Let's take back Congress, elect the most progressive President in 60 years, and line him up to appoint a major progressive justice that our new Congress will approve of.
>>
>>64071861
I find this video distasteful. There is no question that laws are based on morals. Suggesting adherence to law is not totally decoupling law from morality, instead it just leaves open the question of where the relationship between law and morality lies. In the US that question is unambiguously answered: the people, with the legislature as their proxy.

>having to defend Scalia on this the day of his death
I wish I could just go to fucking bed and wake up three years ago already.
>>
>UNITED STATES, PETITIONER v. X CITEMENT VIDEO, INC., et al.

>I can neither understand nor approve of the disposition urged by the United States before this Court and adopted today, which not only rewrites the statute, but (1) rewrites it more radically than its constitutional survival demands, and (2) raises baseless constitutional doubts that will impede congressional enactment of a law providing greater protection for the child victims of the pornography industry. The Court today saves a single conviction by putting in place a relatively toothless child pornography law that Congress did not enact, and by rendering congressional strengthening of that new law more difficult. I respectfully dissent.

tl;dr - You want a better law - ask congress, not us. Sadly, the rest of the court figured "yes, lawmaking, that sounds like our job."

Scalia will soon be sorely missed.
>>
>>64055384

Leader of the opposition here said it was a tragedy. Yes, he's a leftie nutter.
>>
>>64073839

no, they are just as corrupt but there are a LOT MORE of them so rather than just bribe a handful of Federal officials you have to bribe a handful of State officials in every single state. Which is a much harder task.

As for 'few' going to many, that is just not the case, many of the federal agencies could and should be removed and given to the states.
>>
>>64042813

I'm glad that both are gone, although I did celebrate Osama's death, but will only be glad about the consequences of Scalia's death, not his actual passing or the end of his life on Earth.
>>
Within the first year of the new Supreme Court DC v Heller will be overturned.
>>
File: mccaingitmo1.jpg (10 KB, 402x250) Image search: [Google]
mccaingitmo1.jpg
10 KB, 402x250
>>64074085
>so rather than just bribe a handful of Federal officials you have to bribe a handful of State officials in every single state. Which is a much harder task.
Not only is this entire premise ass-hatted, State and especially local officials can be bought on the super fucking cheap. You can get Mayors of cities like DC or Canada's Toronto for some blow and a hooker.

And not "influence" them, you can fucking OWN them.
>>
File: Current Year.png (334 KB, 599x487) Image search: [Google]
Current Year.png
334 KB, 599x487
>>64054635
>>
>>64074259
I don't think so. Judges are not usually very happy to overturn precedent without a really good reason. Usually.

But I can say that if this happens then it unquestionably signals a need for a civil war.
>>
>>64074259
what case is going to do that
>>
>>64073869
If people were going to murder him, it would have been before/after he handed the Bush v. Gore presidency to Georgieboy on a silver platter, or voting for Citizen's United. There is little point having him removed this late in Obama's presidency, where it is uncertain Obama can appoint some liberal replacement.

He was a fat, old man. Probably some kind of heart attack, or something.
>>
>>64074362

That implies that you cannot do the same with federal officials.
>>
>>64074362

So why aren't you doing it already?

I've been building blackmail on my local & regional government for a decade. it's harder now with apps, smartphones, tablets etc- it was way easier when all people used were PCs. but i still get my keylogging done :)

when the tipping point comes, my region will be home to the RWDS and local government will defend us against all comers, unless they want their affairs, porn, embezzlement, and other vices made public
>>
>>64074536
>this entire post

Jesus christ i didn't think i'd laugh this hard at this thread. You're a card, anon.
>>
He's been on the court for 30 years.

If he gave a darn about his precious Originalist legacy why didn't his geriatric corpse retire during any year from late 2002 through 2006 when the Republicans had Dubya in office plus Majorities in the Senate & House?
>>
>>64042846
>Daily reminder that none of the Founding Fathers endorsed the view that the Supreme Court should have judicial review.

Some did, though.
>>
File: watermellon bucket.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
watermellon bucket.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
>>64022842
rip fatso
>>
>>64074536
Rural Women's Development Society?
>>
>>64042688
If Trumps get schwacked this nation is going to burn.
Guaranteed civil war.
>Bernie gets cucked for dem nom.
>Trump Beats Shillary
>Trump assasinated
I be ina woods if it be so.
>>
>>64074716
because Bush was just as likely to put an Activist Republican on the bench, which is significantly worse than a liberal Constitutionalist
>>
>>64043409
>Since there are only two possible explanations of the origin of life
false

>any evidence that tends to disprove the theory of evolution necessarily tends to prove the theory of creation science, and vice versa.
also false.

>the abrupt appearance in the fossil record of complex life, and the extreme rarity of transitional life forms in that record, are evidence for creation science
since when does the abrupt appearance of complex life (presumably meaning multiple-cell life) translate into "all life forms now on earth appeared suddenly and relatively recently and have changed little"
life around the time complex life forms appeared were VASTLY different to those alive now.

>The body of scientific evidence supporting creation science is as strong as that supporting evolution. In fact, it may be stronger.
[in scalias dipshit opinion]. Creationism has fuck all scientific evidence in comparison to evolution.

>Evolution is not a scientific "fact," since it cannot actually be observed in a laboratory.
more false bullshit. micro-organisms have been observed evolving all the fucking time, and unless we are discounting the observing the fossil record as observation then we've seen it happen in macro-organisms too.

>Rather, evolution is merely a scientific theory or "guess.
this cunt doesnt even know what a scientific theory is.
>>
Isn't this the guy that saved video games or something?

Fuck off reddit.
>>
>>
Ayy
>>
>>64074716
Arrogance, I imagine. Remember what Karl Rove said back when he was slightly relevant, something like the Bush presidency would usher in an era of republican dominance. Sounds hilarious in hindsight, but a lot of conservatives back then actually believed that shit.
>>
Nothing can stop us from moving America forward. I hope the fat Fuck is burning in Hell.
>>
File: Bush.jpg (47 KB, 442x396) Image search: [Google]
Bush.jpg
47 KB, 442x396
>>64074882
>because Bush was just as likely to put an Activist Republican on the bench

W famously tried to put his fangirl secretary on the bench, which had even his Republican supporters shaking their heads in disbelief.
>>
>>64074895
yup, but don't ask the Lefties to remember the past, it is all about WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR ME NOW!
>>
File: attack on tyrone.png (508 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
attack on tyrone.png
508 KB, 1024x576
>>64074949
get off my planet you illegal alien!
>>
>>64022842
Fuck that fat fuck, I'm glad he's dead.
>>
File: dwight-d-eisenhower.jpg (36 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
dwight-d-eisenhower.jpg
36 KB, 620x620
>>64074965
They've also consistently bitten on the idea that "America is leaning to the Right", against the overwhelming evidence that America is leaning to social Liberalism, and Fiscal Conservatism has been dead in this country for over 65 years.
>>
>>64074949
>>64074909
lmao
>>
>>64074456
i cant tell if youre a shill or not... good job
>>
>>64074882
Roberts (a "Moderate Hero/Institutionalist") & Alito voted with Scalia 89-90% of the time.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/06/24/upshot/24up-scotus-agreement-rates.html

He never cared about his jurisprudence. He just wanted a job for life.

Completely selfish.

I'll freely throw RBG in the same dungeon with him during the Obama era through 2014.
>>
>>64075025
>yup, but don't ask the Lefties to remember the past

Whereas the Right just invents a fictional past where the country was the Andy Griffith Show.
>>
>>64074895
It was 5-4. Elena Kagan was actually the big savior, since she was on the fence about it, and eventually swayed towards violent vidya being protected under free speech.
>>
>>64022842

Good riddance, all these concucks sing him a sweet lullaby, faggots

>>64042999 :

>Scalia has argued that there is no constitutional right to abortion
>Scalia believed that the death penalty is constitutional
>Scalia concurred in the 1990 case of Cruzan v. Director, Missouri Department of Health in which the family of a woman in a vegetative state sought to have her feeding tube removed so she would die, believing that to have been her wish
>Scalia joined the majority per curiam opinion in the 2000 case of Bush v. Gore, which effectively ended recounts of ballots in Florida following the 2000 US Presidential election
>In 2004, in Rasul v. Bush, the Court held that federal courts had jurisdiction to hear habeas corpus petitions brought by detainees at the Guantanamo Bay detainment camp
>Scalia generally voted to strike down laws which make distinctions by race, gender, or sexual orientation

>Scalia was a devout Roman Catholic

Fuck this asshole.
>>
>>64042923
>>64063713
>>64070878
I wouldn't be surprised if he was assassinated. That was one of the first things I wondered after hearing about it. There's a shitload of people with motives.

If they don't release autopsy results, it'll be time to get the pitchforks.
>>
>>64075228
>Roberts (a "Moderate Hero/Institutionalist") & Alito voted with Scalia 89-90% of the time.
Those are relatively normal rates. In fact, it's rare to have agreement rates below 70%. Most hover in the 70-80% range.
>>
>>64075375

Based as fuck tbqh. Why don't you get some cream for that sore anus libcuck?
>>
>>64044074
>Obama gets to add a 3rd liberal :^)

Sage doesn't know the senate has to confirm.

Who controls the senate right now?

REDDIT FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>64075375
>muh death penalty

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the death penalty, faggot.
>>
>>64075375
But none of those things are mentioned in the Constitution so it should default to the States, which is what Scalia said every single time.

If you want something to be legal go through the fucking legislature, that is what it fucking exists.
>>
>>64068432
I am with you dude. My mom texted with the news today. She is an appelate judge in Florida, appointed by /pol/'s latest meme — Yung Bush.

I just said, "oh fuck," when she texted me.

The implications of this are huge.. I mean mind is blown.

I work for a newspaper and last week I wrote a story about SCOTUS' precedent-setting stay in the Clean Power Plan case. It was a 5-4 decision, Scalia was the swing vote.

Goddamn man..history in the making.
>>
File: HarrietMiers.jpg (56 KB, 259x345) Image search: [Google]
HarrietMiers.jpg
56 KB, 259x345
Anyone remember when W tried to appoint his personal lawyer and girlfriend to the Supreme Court?
>>
>>64075253
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_v._Entertainment_Merchants_Ass%27n#Opinion
Is this it? Because it was 7-2 with Thomas & Breyer dissenting.
>>
>>64043076

>reply for awareness
>>
>>64075623
fuck my typos, son. Im faded for Big Scalia. Pour one out
>>
>>64068995
Why is Jeff Gerstmann crying?
>>
>>64075597

how in the god damn fuck are people this fucking stupid

read up on what fucking de jure and fucking de facto are
>>
File: Dog Poop funny poo shit-thumb.jpg (30 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Dog Poop funny poo shit-thumb.jpg
30 KB, 400x300
>>64022842
I hope that fat useless fuck does not rest in peace. I hope his grave is broken into, and a rioting gang take turns dumping huge shits into it.
>>
>>64075375
Wow this guy was based as fuck, if the sjw really want to take a chance on fucking the world over this is their chance to take the spot
>>
>>64075905

edgy/10
>>
Why couldn't that kike Ginsburg have died instead
>>
>>64075890
>read up on what fucking de jure and fucking de facto are
Look, it's simple. You want the law to reflect the current situation - you change the law, in the legislative body responsible. You don't go to court, it's not their fucking job. Their job is looking at a law, and checking if it fits with the constitution, and that is all. Practicality is the job of legislation.
>>
File: red.jpg (341 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
red.jpg
341 KB, 717x880
>>64075905
>>
God rest your soul, Scalia-senpai.
>>
>>64043838
The people should be able to decide who lives and who dies. Penalties should be decided by the Jury.

>>64044143
Honestly they will be replaced by adapted fish pretty fast. Might be mass starvation.
>>
>>64075999

because she's not even in the bottom half of bad justices currently seated

>>64076068

alright fuckface

if something is deemed unconstitutional, there are no laws making it illegal, that is DE FACTO legality

they didn't create a statute, DE JURE, making something legal

you're right, its real god damn stupid, and total fuckups like you can't wrap their god damn head around it
>>
http://butthatsnoneofmybusiness.com/new-jersey-gay-couple-discovers-they-are-in-fact-long-lost-twins/
>>
>>64075984
l eddit/10
>>
>>64066467
>conservative cause

Fuck off with that shit, it doesn't mean shit and it never did. Trump exposed this charade for what it is. He did nothing for the common people, everything for Beltway cucks. "Conservative cause" is code for "I don't give a shit about Conservative values, I just want Republicans to win while the country rots".
>>
>>64075375
>Scalia generally voted to strike down laws which make distinctions by race, gender, or sexual orientation
If you're calling someone an asshole, it's a compliment. Are you a liberal or a nazi, just out of curiosity, since you sound like both?
>>
File: osama3.jpg (614 KB, 799x1024) Image search: [Google]
osama3.jpg
614 KB, 799x1024
We are so fucked as a country.

Buy your guns now. You won't be able to by most of them soon.

Say goodbye to freedom of speech and the 2nd Amendment.

Say hello to unfettered immigration, affirmative action and hate-speech laws.

Transgender bathrooms for everyone by Christmas.
>>
>only 5 Goy-publican Senators between us and a gun-grabbing Supreme Court

It's all ogre. Goodbye friends.
>>
>>64043493

>BS in chemistry
>finishing this semester

Your opinion doesn't matter until you spend time in industry. Stfu and get off our /pol/
>>
>>64076396
You're right. We are fucked.
>>
Not arguing with you, thanks for da facts. Imma embellish a bit.

>>64075375
>Scalia has argued that there is no constitutional right to abortion

There isn't an explicit Constitutional right to abortion. The Justices ruled it was implied based on an expectation of privacy. Scalia's dissent is a great example of his notorious strict interpretation of the Constitution.

>Scalia believed that the death penalty is constitutional

Constitution does not prohibit the death penalty.

>Scalia concurred in the 1990 case of Cruzan v. Director, Missouri Department of Health in which the family of a woman in a vegetative state sought to have her feeding tube removed so she would die, believing that to have been her wish

Seriously? The Constitution obviously never fucking addressed this. States' rights. Leave it to local legislatures.

>Scalia joined the majority per curiam opinion in the 2000 case of Bush v. Gore, which effectively ended recounts of ballots in Florida following the 2000 US Presidential election

Not abreast of this one.

>In 2004, in Rasul v. Bush, the Court held that federal courts had jurisdiction to hear habeas corpus petitions brought by detainees at the Guantanamo Bay detainment camp

SCOTUS is infallible because it is final, but final because it is infallible.
>hate the game, not the player

>Constitution...
>>
Another homophobic cunt down.

Love wins! LIBERALISM WINS! WE ALWAYS WIN!
>>
>>64076538
Not final because it is infallible*
>>
>>64069901

The case quoted in >>64069647 wasn't about gay marriage. It was about Lawrence vs. Texas (2003) where two men were arrested having sex in private (in a home belonging to one of the men) The Court basically struck down Texas' sodomy law, arguing that they violated the due process clause of the 14th amendment.

Scalia's dissent essentially focused on the slippery slope argument (e.g. striking down sodomy will eventually lead to beastiality, bigamy, etc.) and the argument that intimacy was not a right guaranteed in the constitution.

I disagree with Scalia's views severely, but he was brilliant and committed and his death was tragic.
>>
EAT A SALAD
A
T

A

S
A
L
A
D
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 608x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 608x480
how do we fix women?
>>
File: 1328415951805.gif (2 MB, 300x196) Image search: [Google]
1328415951805.gif
2 MB, 300x196
How does that progress taste? /pol/ BTFO
>>
>>64066539
B-b-b-but he advanced the conservative cause. As right as you are, there's no point stating such obvious facts here. /pol/ talks tough when it comes to fighting leftism and degeneracy, but when one of the mainstream Republican milquetoast darlings dies they act as if modern day Mussolini died. This is the most pathetic /pol/ thread that I have ever seen, even more pathetic than the actual cuck threads. At this point I won't be surprised if /pol/ mourns if Jeb or George W die.
>>
File: 1454366351491.png (54 KB, 501x600) Image search: [Google]
1454366351491.png
54 KB, 501x600
>>64076703

the real Jews

enjoying that women's suffrage?
>>
>>64076709
>/pol/ talks tough when it comes to fighting leftism and degeneracy, but when one of the mainstream Republican milquetoast darlings dies they act as if modern day Mussolini died.
It's not so much about Scalia's personal views, but rather about a consistency in his judical decisions to me. Bending the constitution for a law in your favor won't do you good in the long run.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 132

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.