[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this true? I have been unable to find an exact statistic for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 20160115_102658.png (110 KB, 1079x548) Image search: [Google]
20160115_102658.png
110 KB, 1079x548
Is this true? I have been unable to find an exact statistic for this. Arguing with liberal friend.
>>
>>61079637
>no source
>>
from that we can conclude that the american people need more guns
>>
Nice "facts"
>>
>>61079637
Yeah if you don't have a gun you get robbed.

If you have a gun you won't get robbed so it wouldn't be reported as robbery.
>>
>>61079637
>no source
>>
>>61079771
This, its not easy to track defensive use of guns
>>
>>61079637
>robbers are selective about who they rob, taking great care to choose a victim who they suspect won't blow them away at the first sound
>>
>>61079637
Translation:
99% of robberies are unsuccessful when the would-be victim has a gun.
100% of sexual assaults are unsuccessful when the would-be victim has a gun.
>>
If you have a gun, you'll probably prevent the sexual assault from even taking place
>>
>>61079637
>>61079957
Basically this.
>>
>>61080067
"I mean, I had a gun in my purse, but I let him rape me anyway".
>>
>>61079957
This is good
>>
>>61079957
Fucking lol. Its a stupid question, you probably didn't get raped and robbed while you are packing heat so its not a rape or robbery
>>
>>61079637
There is no statistics because that detail is rarely recorded. Even the FBI can only estimate the use of a firearm in self defence because it is a metric that does not get recorded.

> Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year…in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms.

That is from the cdc study obama ordered after sandy hook
>>
>>61079637
Considering it comes from Google, one of the main tentacles of the Illuminati in the corporate sector, I'd have to say it's complete bullshit.
>>
>>61080521
Also, the gun grabbers ignore all instances when the gun is not fired, just used to control the attacker.
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 1102x1100) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 1102x1100
>no sources

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/06/25/study-using-guns-for-defense-leads-to-fewer-injuries
>Citing four separate studies between 1988-2004, the assessment from the Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council says crime victims who use guns in self-defense have consistently lower injury rates than victims who use other strategies to protect themselves (other strategies include stalling, calling the police or using weapons such as knives or baseball bats).

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-12-27/how-often-do-we-use-guns-in-self-defense
>Hemenway finds more reliable an annual federal government research project, called the National Crime Victimization Survey, which yields estimates in the neighborhood of 100,000 defensive gun uses per year. Making various reasonable-sounding adjustments, other social scientists have suggested that perhaps a figure somewhere between 250,000 and 370,000 might be more accurate.

http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2012a/commsumm.nsf/b4a3962433b52fa787256e5f00670a71/5de089825c00843e872579b80079912d/$FILE/SenState0305AttachB.pdf

>Upon interviewing convicted felons, these researchers found that

>74% indicated that burglars avoided occupied dwellings, due to fears of being shot
>57% said that most criminals feared armed citizens more than the police
>40% of the felons had been deterred from committing a particular crime, because they believed that the potential victim was armed

They can fuck off
>>
>>61080646
sometimes they even ignore all non-fatal encounters. So if you don't kill your attacker you technically "did not use a gun to defend yourself".
>>
>>61080794
If they didn't misrepresent they'd have no argument
Facts are just against them

http://www.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/WP-Tough-Targets.pdf
>>
>>61079637
If you have a gun, you don't go to the police to register a rape, you go register a death
>>
>>61079637
robbery.. how about home invasion?

not that many Conceal carry, but many keep it close when they sleep.
>>
>>61079637

>no source

But seriously, most of these types of crimes occur in big cities which are usually run by Democrats and they dont allow CCW
>>
>>61080794
And if you DO kill your attacker, you're the next Zimmerman, and are painted as a shitlord.
>>
>>61079637
that's a sourceless claim, by someone we assume has inherent credibility.
>>
>>61079637
>hy

>guns are used by victims in X

The statistics are so low because those who have guns aren't made into victims, they're able to protect themselves from victimhood.

How many victims of robbery actually had guns?
How many victims of sexual assault and assault had guns?

Almost none, because the ones who did have guns never became victims.
>>
>>61079637
Probably because people with guns wouldn't have become victims.
>>
>>61079637
Its hard to register a robbery and a rape when there is none, because you had a gun.

Fucking idiots.
>>
These are beautiful guys, thank you
>>
>>61079728
Good work Brazil, keep it up and maybe we will give you green card, bring multiple phat ass light skinned girls and maybe citizenship for you.
>>
>>61079637
Because its not robbery if you killed the guy robbing you. Its a case of attempted robbery.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.