[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scipio Africanus was 24 years old when he first took command
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: scipio.jpg (380 KB, 564x882) Image search: [Google]
scipio.jpg
380 KB, 564x882
Scipio Africanus was 24 years old when he first took command of legions

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE BESIDES WHINING ABOUT PEOPLE WITH HIGHER MELANIN PRODUCTION THAN YOU ON AN ANONYMOUS IMAGEBOARD?
>>
File: brevik.jpg (46 KB, 468x272) Image search: [Google]
brevik.jpg
46 KB, 468x272
Well commanding a legion is pretty easy compared to say becoming a biologist
>>
>>61059505
>Didn't win the lottery
>Someone in town did

Man /pol/ I was going to die and get canonized as the patron saint of shitposting.

I'll just be mediocre as usual tho.
>>
>>61059505
being a member of the equite class is a bit different from our current social hierarchy. I respect scipio the elder though
>>
>>61059594
holy fuck, STEM faggots get more hilarious by the year

biologists are nill, zero worth, its literally an affluence science
>>
2bf most people of the ancient world were retarded. We are so much more advanced and our intelligence has grown enormously. Ancient roman IQs were most likely barely above modern sub saharan tier. And leading legions based on ancient methods of warfare is easy and straightforward compared to our modern ways of waging warfare.
>>
>>61059505
I miss rome. Meritocracy with the overlying aristocracy made a great civilization
>>
>>61059925
surely but in comparison, aside from technology we are hardly superior to their government or culture.
>>
>>61059505

The bar has been raised incredibly high for humans. We are setting the bar higher than what we are evolving to be capable of.

Now days in the career world people will not respect you until you're in your 30's. We are jumping through more hoops to reach "manhood". A large majority of the population still struggles by like teenagers well into their 20's. The prerequisites to be considered anything worthwhile in society today are built upon years of experience and work. Back in the day every man was needed, they were a tiny fraction of what we have today.
>>
File: 1451436453580.jpg (98 KB, 640x336) Image search: [Google]
1451436453580.jpg
98 KB, 640x336
>>61059844
Wat
>>
>>61059505
I live two minutes down the road from an ornate grave of a slave named after him.
>>
>>61059594
>>61060521
>Canada
>STEMfag
Typical, you're ruining the country.
MAKE CANADA GREAT AGAIN
>>
File: 1452745186593.jpg (30 KB, 593x592) Image search: [Google]
1452745186593.jpg
30 KB, 593x592
>>61059505

Ptolomaic Egyptian. Dude was Greek.

NEXT
>>
>>61062314
Neat.
>>
>>
>>61059925
>Ancient roman IQs were most likely barely above modern sub saharan tier

Really? Because sub-saharans are literally incapable of military organization.
>>
>>61059844
>worth=/=difficulty

Are you mad because biologists said you weren't white?

What's next? Are you going to say cartography is worthless because the falklands belong to Britain?
>>
>Publius Cornelius Scipio was born by Caesarian sectioninto theScipiobranch of theCornelia gens.
>The Cornelii were one of six majorpatrician families
>At the time Scipio Africanus lived, the Scipiones were probably the most
prominent branch of the Cornelii
>given command at the age of 25

Obviously my life is exactly the same as his, I've just squandered my opportunities
>>
>>61059925
Just 100 years ago western IQ was ~10 higher than now, studies have said.

I'd bet a dollar it was even higher in ancient times. The smart people acquired the living standard to raise 6+ kids to adulthood. The ascent of modern comfort and reproductive technologies have completely flipped this on its head - now only the dumb have plenty of kids.
>>
>>61064451
This is fact.

Galton's reaction time tests in the UK in the 19th century show 19th century Brits had quicker reaction times (reaction time is an excellent proxy for raw intelligence, look it up).

That's why 18th/19th century Europeans were able to outcompete East Asians, they were more intelligent. But we squandered that human capital on pointless and fratricidal conflicts and welfare for dysgenic fertility.
>>
>>61059505

what do you suggest? I've been telling /pol/ this for a while now

ww3 incoming. apocalypse incoming

we must organise to survive
>>
I wish my daddy was a big shot general who could get me a big shot job as well. Feels middle class man.
>>
>>61059594
lmao the average STEM fag would shit and piss his pants and puke out his guts if he even had to speak to +100 people.

Now think about commanding 6000+ men into battle, being responsible for their wellbeing, being responsible for the protection of Rome, the most Glorious City to have ever existed on earth.

This is something only the best of the best can do. The most excellent, well-trained, courageous, disciplined iron will persons.

ROME DEMANDS GLORY OF HER GENERALS

S.P.Q.R.
>>
>>61060433
>Back in the day every man was needed, they were a tiny fraction of what we have today.

You do know most of the Roman Elite had the possible tutors possible right?

It's like you would have some Ivy League professors hired to teach your kids from a very early age. Besides this knowledge based education they were also taught how to actually act and speak, etc. via the various branches of philosophy which actually made them excellent human beings capable of great things.

School like Stoicism created excellent men in character.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.