[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of this whole Charlie Hebdo shitstorm caused
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: CYnk2FpWkAAgLMk.jpg (53 KB, 541x520) Image search: [Google]
CYnk2FpWkAAgLMk.jpg
53 KB, 541x520
What do you think of this whole Charlie Hebdo shitstorm caused by this comic? People going #JENESUISPASCHARLIE and all that.

Aren't they hypocritical to defend freedom of speech when it fits their own beliefs but when it's too crude for them they switch side?
>>
>>61026038
translation?
>>
File: 1450921115869.png (1 MB, 1366x1386) Image search: [Google]
1450921115869.png
1 MB, 1366x1386
>>61026038
The frogs have no backbone, they quickly dropped support for Charlie Hebdo after the initial attacks as well. It's not a big surprise. I'm surprised that the comic didn't end with "visiting the theater" or some shit.
>>
>>61026866
What would have become of little Aylan if he had grown up?
Arse groper in Germany
>>
File: charliechampagne.jpg (443 KB, 1484x1888) Image search: [Google]
charliechampagne.jpg
443 KB, 1484x1888
>>61026038
Typical leftist hypocrisy.
Freedom of speech is freedom to offend.
>>
The French are cowards and do not represent western civ.
>>
>>61027647
>>61026866
Aylan = that drowned dead refugee meme kid, btw.
>>
>>61026038
>Aren't they hypocritical
Anyone who uses a trending hashtag in relation to some political or social event has no concrete beliefs, they're just floating from popular meme to popular meme. It's the epitome of slacktivism, so it's best not to even consider their opinions valid, because those opinions are formed and dismissed with no rhyme or reason.
>>
>>61028059
exactly

I see it a lot like capitalism. No one will stop you to try and start an awful business, no matter how retarded. If it's too retarded, you'll go bankrupt or just go do something else because no one will "vote" for you or support you with their money. These guys have always had these kind of very abarasive comics, if there wasn't a public for it they wouldn't exist or be known at all. The very fact that they got known last year is because they were so arrogant and disrespectful that some fucks went and shot the artists.

You can say it's retarded, but to suddenly reprimand them when your views aren't represented is just retarded.
>>
>>61026038
>that comic
The absolute madmen!

Beside, anyone who goes behind hashtags and any FOTM slogan should be regarded as a subhuman incapable of individual thinking, and shouldn't be expected to keep any logic, thus any form of hypocrisy is just lack of mental skill: I'm convinced they can't really see any dissonance in two contradicting behaviours. They just can't.
>>
my girlfriend says that they went overboard because it's not about a symbol but just about using a tragedy for comedic effect (ie the dead kid). But is that not the point of freedom of speech?
>>
>>61026038
ABSOLUTE MADMEN
>>
>>61026038
>>61028059
please translate for non arabic speakers
>>
>>61029987
>>61028059
>>61026038

they're not calling for it to be banned, they're just calling it offensive

freedom of speech != freedom from criticism
>>
>>61032001
>they went overboard
People who think this clearly don't know what Charlie Hebdo is like. It's a troll magazine that did this kind of shit all the time, people just jumped on the #jesuischarlie bandwagon because it was trendy.

>>61032475
see>>61027647
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.