[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
'Ol Teddy always said to speak softly and carry a big stick.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 800px-T_Roosevelt.jpg (101 KB, 800x1005) Image search: [Google]
800px-T_Roosevelt.jpg
101 KB, 800x1005
'Ol Teddy always said to speak softly and carry a big stick. How can I do this in my country?
>>
>>61017551

Thought Churchill said that.
>>
>>61017689
Nah nigga. Don't listen to Brits. They're always like WE HAD FREEDUMZ AND SHIT
>>
>>61017689
nah it was teddy
>>
>>61017780
>>61017788

Yall right. Based Teddy is based.
>>
>>61017551
On a national stage it means use tactful diplomacy backed with the subtle threat of military force.

On a personal level, it means be nice but always be ready to fight, and fight hard, if you have to.

Not the best moral ideals, but not the worst either.
>>
Don't talk very much and use a large wooden walking cane

/thread
>>
>>61017551
This is another similar quote, he's a gold mine of good quotes.
>>
File: quote_teddy_roosevelt.jpg (61 KB, 1007x524) Image search: [Google]
quote_teddy_roosevelt.jpg
61 KB, 1007x524
>>61018607
Based TR should be quoted often I recommend the 3 part TR biography by Edmund Morris.
>>
>Idolizing Teddy Roosevelt
>Roosevelt was the original Progressive
>Fought for change, spoke truth to power

Why are you not supporting Bernie Sanders today?
>>
>>61018847
>modern progressives
>even close to the Bull Moose party

TR hated Dems with a passion, even though he loved his family dearly he was extremely hesitant to give FDR his blessing because he was running Democrat. TR believed in trust busting but he would have hated the idea of state dependency which is half of what Sanders advocates.
>>
Time have changed
I suggest you speak using one of those voice box amplifiers and carry a wooden spoon.
>>
More Teddy quotes, please.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.