[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NASA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 46
File: image.jpg (329 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
329 KB, 1080x1920
So NASA is getting $1 billion more money in their budget than they asked for.

Shouldnt our money go elsewhere?
>>
File: 1445687940045.png (417 KB, 829x400) Image search: [Google]
1445687940045.png
417 KB, 829x400
>>58596641
>So NASA is getting $1 billion more money in their budget than they asked for.
>Shouldnt our money go elsewhere?

GOING INTO SPACE!!!

MATHEMATICS!!!

QUANTUM MECHANICS!!!

THE SECRETS OF THE UNIVERSE!!!

IT'S ALL THERE! LIFE IS FIERY WITH ITS BEAUTY, ITS INCREDIBLE DETAIL!!!
>>
MUH SPACE ROCKS

meanwhile the rest of the world is starving and hungry or dying of malnutrition and famine
>>
>>58596944
lol
>>
>>58596962
because shitskin warlords let our food donations get to where they're going ALL THE TIME
>>
>>58596962

>niggers are dying
>that means humanity should stop exploring space

I honestly hope this is bait.
>>
>>58596641
I can see you're republican. You rather put it towards the 2 trillion dollars Trump will waste on another war.
>>
I'd rather we spend money on space and shiiieeet than giving Shaquistanista more money for dem programmmzzz
>>
>>58596641
Like your seven children?
Fuck you and your fucking wedlock bastard spawn
>>
Ameribros how come you don't have a moon colony yet?
>>
>>58596944
laughed hard

unexpected post from you canada
>>
File: large.jpg (221 KB, 454x700) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
221 KB, 454x700
Advanced rocket engines so powerful they could mass cremate large groups of people instantly.

Trust me.
>>
>>58597083
You sound like "exploring space" is a self-standing argument and needs no explanation as to why it's better than the other one

I'm not a redditor, you actually have to explain yourself
>>
>>58596641

Exploring space is worth every penny

Anybody who disagrees needs to hand in their certified white man membership card on the way out
>>
>>58596641
>>58596962
African dictators will just pocket most of that money. If it stays in the US, it will either go towards intelligence or welfare with Obama in charge. Investing into welfare would be an ok alternative if it was invested into something like education for the poor, but it will most likely go towards checks, thus perpetuating the problem.
The only viable alternative is some emergency reconstruction fund.
>>
>>58597086
DUDE SPACE ROCKS LOL
>>
>>58597086
Gfym cuck you can't have a space program in a degenerate unsafe society.
>>
>>58596962
>favouring foreign aid or stupid wasteful domestic spending over fucking exploring the galaxy.

only americans could be this retarded.
>>
>>58596641
There is almost nothing the money could be spend wiser on, except maybe fusion research.
>>
>>58596641
One billion is literally like a bread crumb in the US budget...

NASA's budget is like 20 bread crumbs.

But one billion also means a lot for NASA.

Government wastes money on more stupid shit, NASA's budget is the least you should be worried about.
>>
>>58596962
If a bunch of people die in the name of progressing humanity, then it will be worth it in the long run
And by long run I mean very long run
>>
>>58596641

I can't think of something more important than understanding the universe we live in. Maybe America can be at the fore front of space exploration again, instead of falling behind their European counterparts because someone needs "mo money for dem programs".
>>
>>58596641
>So $1 billion more to dialogue with muslims (ISIS funding moniez)
We should give the money to poland and hungary instead for removal funding
>>
>>58596962
You are a massive idiot.
>>
>>58597127
>>58597086
>>58597083
>>58597164
I'm not against space exploration but I disagree with giving money to NASA, which probably use that money for black-ops secret shit which we'll never know about and hide facts

the whole world should give trillions to Russia and let them explore the hell out of the universe. REMINDER that the soviets landed in the 70s on freaking VENUS
>>
>>58596641
Such as where?

And if you say "military", they waste a shitload of money as-is. Their budget needs to be reigned in to help trim the fat.
>>
Friendly reminder that the left are even going to fuck up our Space colonies

http://www.theguardian.com/science/the-lay-scientist/2015/may/06/how-can-our-future-mars-colonies-be-free-of-sexism-and-racism
>>
>>58597160

If you think wasting money to feed niggers who will only keep growing more numerous, and thus more demanding, if you feed them is a worthwhile cause, there are no words in any language I know that will describe what a fool you are.

In other words, please be bait.
>>
File: gallery-1449677610-dwave3.jpg (49 KB, 768x512) Image search: [Google]
gallery-1449677610-dwave3.jpg
49 KB, 768x512
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/12042781/Google-D-Wave-quantum-computer-is-100-million-times-faster-than-your-PC.html

>NASA & Goolge make a breakthrough and get their quantum computer finally working with normal computational tasks.
>Suddenly get 1 Billion more money.
>Quantum computer is 100 million times faster than our conventional computers.

This is probably the reason right here.
They want their super hyper fast decryption machines online ASAP.
No encryption aside from quantum cryptography can stand against this thing.
>>
Science & Space exploration > Niggers & retards

Sorry, not sorry.
>>
Isn't one billion dollars just chump change?

Space is worth it
>>
>>58596641
No, we need NASA to develop ways off this planet.
Things are going south for whites here, so it's really best for us to pack up and leave.
>>
>>58597160
Putting it simply, it's both an investement in science and a way to inspire minds on Earth, kind of like the Pyramids but more innovation and a potential for concrete physical outcome.
>>
>>58596641
It was either that or leak the fact that the moon landing never took place. Soviet Russia to this day has still achieved more than America...
>>
>>58596962
>meanwhile the rest of the world is starving and hungry or dying of malnutrition and famine

Literally not my problem, and it shouldn't be yours, either.
>>
>>58596962
THOSE BASTARDS WILL JUST BE HUNGRY TOMMROROW

LITTLE NEGROS CAN STARVE

I WOULD SACRIFICE 1,000,000 Africans for a mere mars rover

HERESY
>>
>>58597357
This.
Soviets did much more in space with little they had.
>>
>>58596641
Yes, it should go to AI research.
>>
File: 1439554028380.jpg (75 KB, 552x445) Image search: [Google]
1439554028380.jpg
75 KB, 552x445
>>58596641
I'd pay just 1 honest physicist a billion just to prevent that much from going to the welfare cesspool.
>>
>>58597311

Well that's the whole point of space travel isn't it? The scientists discover things up there, that we can use to fuck each other over with down here
>>
>>58597259
>the whole world should give trillions to Russia
nice try ivan
>>
>>58597191
>you can't have a space program in a degenerate unsafe society.
You mean like the society we've had since we began exploring space?
>>
>>58596641

Considering that NASA is only one of two federal agencies that does its job, no.
>>
>>58596641
No, NASA is the best thing to come out of your country.
>>
Hopefully the aliens find us first

They have to be redpilled, right?
>>
>>58597396
>Honest Physicist
You're in the wrong millennium goy.
>>
>>58597460

>They have to be redpilled, right?

That's the worst thing that could happen to us. If they are redpilled, they'll want to wipe out the lesser race and take our resources.
>>
I would rather see money go to Nasa then Tyrones brood.
>>
>>58597259
Landing on Venus wasn't a technical achievement in itself.

It was literally just landing on another space rock, which the Soviets and the US have done before the 1970s.

Plus that Venus mission was really a failure.
>>
File: 1450063153655s.jpg (3 KB, 124x112) Image search: [Google]
1450063153655s.jpg
3 KB, 124x112
>>58596962
maybe we can see some ayy lmaos
>>
>>58596962
>Jeez why are you advancing science MUH HUNGRY AFRICANS
Kill yourself
>>
>>58596641
Literally more useful than anything 90% of democrats would spend it on.
>>
>>58597160
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVY1sAKSIzk

>18:00

You can either have the option above.

Stay trapped on this rock, wasting the resources to feed the ever growing cancerous mass of shitskins.

Ultimately leading to the extinction of humanity.

Leaving our legacy to be nothing more than shards of broken plastic sandwiched between the Burgess Shale and an eons worth of mud.

Or we can sacrifice them. To save the species as a whole.

It doesent matter how many die,

Even If 6 billion have to die to ensure mankind spreads itself on multiple worlds. It will be worth it.
>>
>>58597460
yeah, we can assume that they are at least a type II civilization.
>>
>>58597184
This. Dismiss these fedoras with "dude (shitty hip ideas they circle jerk about) lmao" and sage. It's time we stop taking this shit seriously.

>b-but humans will need a new planet in millions of years
Dude space rocks lmao
>>
>>58596641
Absolutely not.
If anything, more of our money should go into Nasa
The sooner we get a space base on the moon, the sooner this fucking race can finally advance
>>
>>58597086
>You rather put it towards the 2 trillion dollars Trump will waste on another war.

>Trump
>Warhawk

Pick one, faggot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXG9YG_Trbk&t=6m46s
>>
File: gayniggas.jpg (36 KB, 640x417) Image search: [Google]
gayniggas.jpg
36 KB, 640x417
>>58597460
You mean flooding our STEM fields with women science won't get us interstellar cruisers?
>>
>>58597448
This. compared to all of the billions we waste on "defense," this is just small change. I'd happily take more money from the defense budget and give it to NASA if I could.
>>
Keeping lies alive and running isn't cheap.
>>
>>58597510
*on a really really hot and toxic rock

They landed dozens of times on venus, it was a sucess actually
>>
>>58596641
space exploration is important you fucking idiot.
>>
>>58597543
What? Dems have been pushing for NASA for a while. They love space and science stuff.

Republicans have been trying to reduce it to put more into the military.
>>
My dream is that one day , an independent organization is going to be created , and all the countries could join ( NASA+ESA+roscomos etc)
>>
oy vey what a retarded question, don't you know who important discovery of new planets are!?
imagine of all the resorces we could take for us!
after all when this shithole is too polluted we gonna need a new place to live in.
its not like tehy should be used to research something more usefull like genetic, toilets or a new type of goverment, silly goy.
>>
>>58596962
>meanwhile the rest of the world is starving and hungry or dying of malnutrition and famine
I know, isn't it beautiful? While the rest of the world is still struggling to figure out how to feed its people, the United States is busy exploring the galaxy.

God damn it feels good to be American.
>>
>>58597527

WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK
>>
>>58596641
um, no, are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>58596962
Fuck them, if they want money they can suck my cock, ten bucks per blow job.
>>
>>58596641
They wanna fast forward mars colonization before WW3
>>
>>58597626
Yeah, anyone can land on a really hot and toxic rock.

That parts easy, relatively speaking.

But having a functioning rover/stationary station on Venus is hard... and the Russians failed that.

Because Venus is so fucking hot, upon landing those Soviet rovers died in a matter of seconds.
>>
Who runs the national ignition facility?
I want my fusion already.
>>
>>58597659
Which ones? I don't know too much about which sides support NASA more but I assumed dems would be too worried about the environment for it.
>>
The sooner we can colonize Mars and escape this hellhole, the better.
>>
>>58597772
confirmed for not knowing anything about venus

you took my bait

It's impossible to put a statinnary station on venus, even with 2015 NASA tech. The reason is the high pressure and temperature, which crushes every known material to mankind.
>>
>>58596641
Yeah,,, you with only 3.451 and not 3.452 trillion dollars for defense spending, your country is going to crumble.

Seriously tho.
Murrica is one of the very few and certainly the greatest power within the space exploration programs of the world.
It would be a fucking tradgedy if the space exploration programs stop progressing now, at a time where technological improvents are just explosive.
To cut down one of the branches our want of improving knowledge and understandning is to cut down part of what makes us human.

While in reality they'll just end up spending that extra billion on some gender studies class. And what is more desirable: Knowledge and deep space photographs? Or paintings made from vaginal blood?
>>
>$1 billion extra

Literally nothing. That's like a single computer station in the command room.
>>
>>58596641
No. Nasa secretly detected SEVERAL large comet fragments in the taurus meteor stream that will collide with earth in the next few years. I'm not joking. They are investing in the technology to push these comets slightly off course. They also announced that they have only identified less than 1 percent of these types of serious threats. They are keeping this hush hush to prevent hysteria and there are rumors everywhere. we've been hit from fragments before like the end of the ice age, the tunguska event(that was only a little comet too), etc. Now image a series of larger than tunguska event level impacts all over the globe, thats what we're headed for soon.
>>
>>58596962

they are starving because "we" give them handouts.

>give money/food to starving african
>have 50 kids
>kids are starving
>give more money to feed the kids
>those 50 kids have another 50 kids each
>repeat
>>
>>58597841
So? Just don't let them on our Pure Blooded Moon Colony.
>>
>>58597841
Space exploration will continue under Trump when the Muslims aren't allowed in.

There were no Muslims on Star Trek. Because it's the future
>>
>>58596962
>niggers dying
>humanity advancing

It's like a double positive.

Africa is a money pit because the people existing there cannot create civilization.

If we put resources into keeping these rabbits alive, we'll have overpopulation and mass immigration problems.
>>
>>58597805
>I assumed dems would be too worried about the environment for it.
I don't even understand.

Dems fund all the exploration shit.
Conservatives want to shut it all down because what we've got now is working and we should be more concerned about our own country rather than looking elsewhere. That's why they want to pass the funding to the military first anf foremost.
>>
File: nasa budget vs defense.png (25 KB, 928x1031) Image search: [Google]
nasa budget vs defense.png
25 KB, 928x1031
Relevant

>>58597871
$2.5bn put Curiosity on Mars m8, and unlike Sojourner which lasted a few months and the twin Spirit/Opportunity rovers (which far outlived their projected lifespans) Curiosity will be roving for a decade or more.
>>
Space exploration is one of the only issues that has received pretty much bipartisan support since forever. And for good reason.
>>
>>58597907
IMO, The Tunguska even wasn't a meteOr impact tho. It was probably something like a man-made nuke.
>>
>>58597294
>how do we stop racism in space colonies
I hope by the time space colonies are a thing people would have realized that some races are simply inferior and will be barred from space colonies.

Who am I kidding? Only the most athletic and intelligent of the world will be allowed to go to space. That's pretty much eugenics right there and there will be ZERO niggers

...but then the standards will be dropped after claiming NASA is racist then they'll push nignogs in just to fill the diversity quota and keep earning those grants coming in from the transsexual African American female president

Fuck everything

>>58597611
>money other goes to military or NASA
>>
>>58597907
I wish that was true. It's about time some large asteroid hit the Earth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJsUDcSc6hE
>>
>>58597831
>statinnary
wat?

> the high pressure and temperature
suspended in the atmosphere, retard
>>
File: 28.png (28 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
28.png
28 KB, 236x236
>>58597907
> <1%
>only a handful of significant occurrences in geological history can be given
>>
>>58597527
YOUR A BIG GUY
>>
File: venera.jpg (37 KB, 793x400) Image search: [Google]
venera.jpg
37 KB, 793x400
>>58597831
>It's impossible to put a statinnary station on venus, even with 2015 NASA tech. The reason is the high pressure and temperature, which crushes every known material to mankind.

Touching it down on Venus soil is easy.

Getting it to fully function of Venus soil is not.

NASA could touch down a rover on Venus soil in the 1970s... maybe if they were lucky it would send a signal back for a few seconds before dying.

Russia decided to touch down a rover on Venus soil in the 1970s... but just like you said the hostile conditions of Venus resulted in most of the landings to be a failure with one or two successful landings sending back a signal for a couple of seconds. pic related is an image from Soviet's Venera before it completely died out.

There was nothing inherently superior of Soviet technology to NASA technology.
>>
>>58598010
>how do we stop racism in space colonies
space nigger
>>
To Israel?
>>
>>58596962
Sadly no fucks are given for the rest of world.
>GO NASA
>>
>>58597831
Venus isn't Jupiter you mongoloid stupid fucking idiot piece of fucking garbage faggot.
>>
>>58597311

That's total bullshit. Quantum computers can break encryption that uses two large primes such as public key private key encryption but it cannot crack. It cannot break most other encryptions any faster than traditional computers. And one time pad will allays be secure.
>>
>>58598025
Yes, Balloons in the upper atmosphere, there are earth-like conditions. It was possibility by the soviets but they had no money for that shit in the 80s anymore.

>>58598066
Exactly but they actually did manage to land probes there which lasted up to 2 hours.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venera
>The entire series could be considered highly successful. The surface conditions on Venus are extreme, therefore the probes only survived on the surface for a duration of 23 minutes (initial probes) up to about two hours (final probes).

Pretty awesome if you ask me.
>>
>>58596641
When the aliens come, castrate this man so that he will never know what it's like to make a qt3.1415 alien grill his cock sleeve
>>
>>58598121
Underages aren't allowed.
>>
>>58596641
This is the most honorable cause
>>
>>58597259
And it melted after 20 minutes and got no relevant data. Where's all Russia's deep space probes? Have they even been past Jupiter?
>>
File: 1449457463647 (1).png (597 KB, 645x512) Image search: [Google]
1449457463647 (1).png
597 KB, 645x512
Reminder that the United States Of American Owns

>The Earth
>The Moon
>Mars
>Pluto
>>
>>58596641
As much as I hate the niggers (not the blacks, the niggers), I think we should put that money into developing their neighborhoods rather than spending it on NASA.

The private sector will solve space travel, and NASA is a meme agency. Supporting space exploration is literally a reddit-tier ideology.
>>
>>58597841
White people already are minorities on Earth

There's billions of Asians and brown people
Lol remember this is only in the scope of the whole planet
In America white people aren't minorotittys
>>
File: Asteroid 2012 DA14 approach.jpg (81 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Asteroid 2012 DA14 approach.jpg
81 KB, 1024x768
>>58598047
>>only a handful of significant occurrences in geological history can be given
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_impact_craters_on_Earth
There are plenty, I even visited one in Texas. Earth's been hit more than the moon has, the difference being the scars don't erode away on the moon.
>>
>>58598047

that's not true, it's just that our idea of impacts are changing. we're getting better at studying impact proxies and now more and more impacts are coming to light. the problem is that there is not always a crater(for a lot of various reasons), especially with comets. it only appeared as though history had been fairly calm because we didnt discover everything yet.

>>58598009

i used to think it was tesla or something, but there is a lot of good indicators that it was a comet fragment from the meteor stream i mentioned, but i wouldn't say tunguska was for sure 'natural' who knows.

>>58598021

it's real man, but if the comets hit the wrong places, us comfy globalized people would be mostly doomed
>>
>>58596962
Why should I give a shit about the rest of the world? There are millions of worlds out there for us to reach to advance ourselves. Leave those who refuse to advance behind.
>>
File: consider.gif (494 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
consider.gif
494 KB, 500x374
>>58596641

Yeah, to Mars. Otherwise it goes into Jamal's EBT
>>
File: 1446495781677.png (438 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
1446495781677.png
438 KB, 600x580
>russia has a good space program
a meme for the ages
>>
>>58598226
Russia has plans to land someone on the moon by 2020 so while they're still fucking decades behind, they'll be at least caught up.
Japan, if I recall correctly, has plans to have someone up there by 2030 and supposedly around that time they'll be testing building shit on the moon
We're a ways off from a lunar base but at least Russia and Japan are eager for it. Russia has given Nasa the burden of sending someone to Mars because they don't want another space race.
Don't want, or can't afford?
>>
>>58598245

>White people already are minorities on Earth

Which is why niggers should be starved more and funds for their handouts should be pointed to other, more productive things. Like space exploration.
>>
>>58598235
>dump more money into black neighborhoods
It's worked so well before, now Tyrone will get a new playground to sell crack at or maybe they'll increase handouts to single mothers
>>
File: 1435608198215.jpg (16 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1435608198215.jpg
16 KB, 300x400
Any new technology developed by the state is probably classified immediately and released after they use it to bomb sand niggers even harder after 10 years
>>
>>58598176
>Pretty awesome if you ask me.

Yeah, what the Russians did is pretty cool (Being the only spacecraft to send an image of Venus surface back to Earth)

But what I'm tryna say is Russians don't have inherently superior technology.

NASA could have sent a rover to Venus in the 70s and probably achieve similar results as Russia's Venera. NASA's goal was just different in the 1970s.

And NASA (and the RSA) can definitely send a rover to Venus today and achieve superior results. But they just don't see it worth it now.
>>
>>58598208
they transmitted data about the composition of the atmosphere

>Where's all Russia's deep space probes?
Has something to do with the fact that the soviet union collapsed and russia isn't into deep space stuff anymore as much as it was? sadly
well at least they still can send manmade rockets into space. Not that bad.

But my intial point was that the money is wasted on NASA desu
>>
Fuck sake. Now we will get a massive increase of Nasa announcements that always dissapoints me. GOD DAMNIT.
>>
>>58596641
4.2 billion dollars lost in 2014 related to identity threat crimes, 1 billion more on tech should never be frowned(actually given money to people who will change humanity for the better could never be better spent)
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 250x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 250x330
It has come to my attention that some have lately called me a collaborator, as if such a term were shameful.
I ask you, what greater endeavor exists than that of collaboration?
In our current unparalleled enterprise, refusal to collaborate is simply a refusal to grow--an insistence on suicide, if you will.
Did the lungfish refuse to breathe air? It did not.
It crept forth boldly while its brethren remained in the blackest ocean abyss, with lidless eyes forever staring at the dark, ignorant and doomed despite their eternal vigilance.
Would we model ourselves on the trilobite?
Are all the accomplishments of humanity fated to be nothing more than a layer of broken plastic shards thinly strewn across a fossil bed, sandwiched between the Burgess shale and an eon's worth of mud?
In order to be true to our nature, and our destiny, we must aspire to greater things. We have outgrown our cradle. It is futile to cry for mother's milk, when our true sustenance awaits us among the stars.
And only the universal union that small minds call 'The Combine' can carry us there.
Therefore I say, yes, I am a collaborator. We must all collaborate, willingly, eagerly, if we expect to reap the benefits of unification.
And reap we shall.
>>
>>58598546
I don't know. What was the worth of sending people to the moon in the 60s? Or sending probes to Titan? In my opinon, everything is worth when we talk about space. Venus is STILL interesting because it has earth-like conditions in the upper atmosphere, where NASA could put stationnary balloon-worlds. Crazy, right?
>>
>>58598182
When the aliens come, the gap between ours and their strength and technology would be much wider than between the US and the poorest wildest African tribes.
>>
>>58598202

Yeah so fuck off

>you're underaged if you call people bad names for describing Venus like you would Jupiter
>owwie
>>
>>58596962
I care more about space than niggers. I would sacrifice every man, woman, and child in Africa to put a crew on Mars.
>>
File: 800px-Fy2008spendingbycategory.png (208 KB, 800x573) Image search: [Google]
800px-Fy2008spendingbycategory.png
208 KB, 800x573
But Welfare's fine by you?
>>
>>58598771
Assuming we don't find them first. It's a 50/50 chance, best guess.
>>
>>58597086
>implying nasa isn't combining almost everything conservatives love

>putting giant guns in space
>strip mining asteroids for resources
>colonizing new worlds like we did in the 1700s
>ignoring upity minorities to fund it

It is basically the most American thing to do.
>>
>>58597184
I like this idea

DUDE SPACE ROCKS LMAO
>>
>>58596641
> "To date, NASA has documented nearly 1,800 technologies."

Give money to starving niggers or give it to nasa who makes some of the most useful and advanced technologies in the world.

http://www.businessinsider.com/everyday-items-developed-by-nasa-2012-8
>>
>all these people talking about space exploration and quantum technology when the money is already earmarked goes to global warming propaganda
>>
>>58596641
Muslims can't leave earth, its against their religion. If anything we need to spend more on space exploration
>>
>>58596641
>money goes to nasa instead of the kikes in other areas
better if it goes to nasa, we all know it would go to welfare instead if obama got his hands on it.
>>
>>58598885
If aliens knew we'd exist, they would have already crushed us, if they would have BAD intentions. How? Simple. Any object, small as a Boat at near lightspeed can split the earth in two if on collision course.
>>
NASA is propaganda meme, only relevant in American movies, Americans still need old soviet technology to be into space
>>
File: thanks obama 3.gif (303 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
thanks obama 3.gif
303 KB, 250x188
>>58598446
The Soyuz worked well enough to get our people to and from the ISS during the years the Shuttle was retired without a ready replacement. Pretty impressive that such and old as fuck design still works, I gotta say.
>>
>>58597160
rare earth metals anon. Take away all the science and philosophy and the precious metals are still more than enough reason
>>
>>58596962
Niggers produce their own shit, we ain't their masters, are we?
>>
>>58596641
Too bad all that extra money is going into dem programs to reach out to muslims.
>>
>>58598744
>What was the worth of sending people to the moon in the 60s

That was the sake for political victory over the Russians. They landed on the moon for the sake of landing on the moon.

When America landed on the moon, NASA's goals completely changed.

NASA went from trying to achieve political victories into just doing what they thought was best for scientific research. Hence why the 'wowness' and interest in space exploration drastically decreased after the 1970s.
>>
>>58596962

Let them fucking die.
>>
>>58597083
I honestly hope your a troll
>>
>>58596641
NASA doesn't use their money to create space exploration programs or manned missions anymore, who the fuck cares.
>>
File: 1386862997094.png (18 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1386862997094.png
18 KB, 225x225
>>58598958
I like this meme.
>HURR NASA INVENTED X Y AND Z

You are assuming those things wouldn't exist without nasa, which is false, they would had probably been invented by some other organization/corporation.
>>
DUDE SPACE ROCKS LMAO

NASA spent more than $3 billion of taxpayer money out of its $17.7 billion budget on things from golf-club testing to studies on how humans will react to meeting space aliens.

1. Golf Club Testing, Elementary School Experiments Aboard the International Space Station: $3 Billion

NASA has been testing golf-clubs aboard the International Space Station thanks to an agreement with Cobra Puma Golf in order to examine coating materials of golf clubs.

The agency has also supported school science projects on the taxpayer dime. The groundbreaking study: The "effect of microgravity on the growth of mold on white bread."

2. NASA Wonders How Humans Will React to Space Aliens: $392,000

An official NASA document justified the study, saying that "communicating with intelligent terrestrial beings removed from us in time can be deeply problematic."

3. NASA Loses Hundreds of Electronic Devices Each Month: $1.1 Million

A report from NASA's inspector general said that NASA did not have a "complete and accurate inventory of agency-issued smartphones, tablets, cellphones, and Aircards." The IT contractor reported that 14 percent of electronic devices went unused for seven months from 2013-2014. Estimated cost of unused and lost devices: $97,000 per month.

4. NASA Predicts the Collapse of Human Civilization: $30,000

A study that claims human civilization might be on the verge of collapse cost $30,000. NASA tried to dismiss it as a "thought experiment" based in theory, but didn't deny that money from NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center and The University of Maryland was used to fund the project.
>>
>>58596641
Illegal immigrants get 113 billion from OUR government. NASA has done endlessly more good for our country than they have. Gas yourself you minority cock slurping faggot.
>>
>>58596641
Fuck you faggot- NASA is one of the only good things the American government has done in decades.
>>
Gotta keep in mind that even though the military is sucking an enormous amount of money, they still develop tech just like NASA.

We're getting similar material sciences, lasers etc.. from the military sector as we're getting from any space exploration agency.
Eventually this stuff trickles down to the consumers, just like it does from NASA.

>>58599207

> how humans will react to meeting space aliens.

I wonder if anyone gave an truly honest answer and said.
>I'd fuck one given the chance.
>>
>>58596962
As a third worlder if I was starving but knew the aid money someone could give me WAS being used to fund actual space exploration missions I'd just soldier on. However, shit like Obama's NASA Muslim Outreach program is just abhorrent, I literally felt sick to my stomach when I first read about it.
>>
File: 1449737099207.jpg (42 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1449737099207.jpg
42 KB, 640x640
>>58599177
But they weren't, and that is an assumption that another organization would conglomerate so many intelligent minds together for the advancement of technology.
Point is, NASA invented them and nobody else though or did it. Your argument is invalid faggot.
>>
>>58596962
>Humanity could in one currently achievable advancement acquire access to more raw resources than it has used in its entire existence

>Shouldn't do it because Earth isn't perfect.
>>
>>58596944

I read it in his voice. kek
>>
>>58598781
>>58598781

...What? Where did anyone describe Venus as Jupiter?
>>
>>58599207
>1. Golf Club Testing, Elementary School Experiments Aboard the International Space Station: $3 Billion
>NASA has been testing golf-clubs aboard the International Space Station thanks to an agreement with Cobra Puma Golf in order to examine coating materials of golf clubs.
holy shit NASA is helping private companies how evil of them!

>The agency has also supported school science projects on the taxpayer dime. The groundbreaking study: The "effect of microgravity on the growth of mold on white bread."
holy shit NASA is helping public schools omg!

>2. NASA Wonders How Humans Will React to Space Aliens: $392,000
holy shit, 400,000, fucking nothing!

and before you go HURR DURR MUH SHEKELS, id rather have them get it then the welfare faggots at the bottom.

>3. NASA Loses Hundreds of Electronic Devices Each Month: $1.1 Million
holy fuck its as if they're normal people that lose shit.

>4. NASA Predicts the Collapse of Human Civilization: $30,000
holy shit, 30 grand to get some nerds to think about shit, STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES

fuck off you spastic faggot.
>>
Are you aware how much US taxpayer money is spent on defense projects which are ridiculously expensive, mostly due to massive corruption?
You don't mind that, but you mind 1 billion $ (or the price of like 5 or 6 F-35's) spent on NASA?
NASA is at least good for US prestige, even if you ignore everything else.
>>
>>58597223

This. Space programs generally get the smallest budget out of all government programs in any country. NASA's budget was $17.647 billion (Fiscal Year 2014, about 0.5% of total budget at about $3 trillion)
>>
File: 2_20E01Si1E.jpg (83 KB, 965x713) Image search: [Google]
2_20E01Si1E.jpg
83 KB, 965x713
>>58599534
Maximum damage control.
>>
>>58596641
no
>>
>>58599691
>has no argument
>hurr durr damage control
fuck off retard.
>>
>>58599634
uncommon
>>
>>58599704
>the shame in knowing that our first man in space had to hitch a ride from Russians
>>
>>58596641
Whatever country controls the solar system is going to control earth.

Oh, you don't want us taking over the planet? That's cool, we'll just redirect an asteroid into your capital city, fuck you.

Literally can't fight against a spacepower without also being a spacepower. It's the step above superpower.

Spacepower to superpower is like superpower to regionalpower.

If America wants to get cucked by Russia and China and remain a super or regional power while they take control of the entire solar system, be my guest.
>>
>>58596641
The reason the colors are filtered on mars is to hide the available minerals worth mining. The space race is about resources that can be harvested without any concern for the environment.
>>
File: sdfN9uJ.png (429 KB, 619x706) Image search: [Google]
sdfN9uJ.png
429 KB, 619x706
>>58599761
>holy fuck its as if they're normal people that lose shit.
>holy shit, 400,000, fucking nothing!
>accusing someone of not having arguments
C O N T R O L
>>
>>58596641
1 billion is fucking NOTHING who cares

they should get more desu senpai
>>
>>58599899
>have 400,000 shekels

>give it to nasa
>give it to welfare faggots like yourself
pick 1, oh wait we all know which one you want.

fuck off retard.
>>
>>58597460
Clearly the aliens already found us and created human-alien hybrids we know as jews in an attempt to take over the planet.

That would explain the attempts to wipe out whites. We're the only ones who could possibly stop an alien invasion.
>>
america has much money
>>
>>58599859
>redirect an asteroid into any part of earth
>just that country will be affected!

don't have children please.
>>
america very rich
>>
File: yeahnigga.jpg (15 KB, 261x243) Image search: [Google]
yeahnigga.jpg
15 KB, 261x243
>>58599859
>mfw asteroid-drops become weapons of war before the end of the century
>>
File: aeqw.png (36 KB, 268x237) Image search: [Google]
aeqw.png
36 KB, 268x237
>>58599962
Any proofs those money would go to pay welfare? No?
ROASTE
D
>>
>>58597588
You've gotta be kidding me.

You have the ability to choose between:

>as much mineral resources as you can extract from the solar system
>Welfare for niggers.

...and you'd choose the niggers?
>>
>>58600105
>obama administration
>not giving extra money to welfare
pick 1
>>
>>58599859
Can't wait till we make bombs with antimatter and drop one in the middle east and africa.
>>
>>58596962
How the fuck is niggers continuing to breed when they already have no food or water nasas problem? STOP FUCKING!
>>
>>58596962
Fuck them all to death I want to colonize mars
>>
>>58596641
No.
>>
>>58600050
Why would a spacepower care? They're not living on Earth.
>>
File: 1340385305275.jpg (34 KB, 300x562) Image search: [Google]
1340385305275.jpg
34 KB, 300x562
>>58600319
>>
File: zxcvxc.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
zxcvxc.jpg
112 KB, 1280x720
>>58600185
Any ACTUAL proofs except your personal opinion which is obviously useless? No?
DUDE SPACE ROCKS LMAO
>>
>>58599883

I agree the space race is most likely about acquiring resources at this point.
Little other reason to go up there at the moment, other than keeping ahead of other nations that are quickly improving their space tech.
Chinks and Indians for example.
Wouldn't look good if they passed America in space exploration.

Just a little while ago they passed some laws regarding asteroid mining,
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/new-law-paves-the-way-for-asteroid-mining-but-will-it-work/
>bill explicitly allows companies or individuals to claim ownership of any resources and minerals they are able to collect in space—a right that was previously murky under the law.
>>
File: 1373667473444.jpg (53 KB, 320x304) Image search: [Google]
1373667473444.jpg
53 KB, 320x304
>>58597588
>I'm too stupid to understand that to achieve anything great, one must accept sacrifice, and sacrafice himself for a greater cause.

But it's okay, you're too stupid taking care of poor people, acting like they're a dying breed; or under the guise of some other nonsensical bullshit that only makes sense in your personal bubble.
>>
File: asteroid-2012-DA14-size.jpg (273 KB, 828x461) Image search: [Google]
asteroid-2012-DA14-size.jpg
273 KB, 828x461
>>58600050
Depends on the size and velocity, some could be blockbusters, city-levelers, or extinction events.
>>
>>58599901
this

all these people who are talking about welfare, let's be realistic
it's either NASA or another fighter jet
>>
>>58596641
No, you're a faggot. The more we can get going in space, the better
>>
>>58596641
>gave telsa ceo elon musk got 4.5 billion to make electric car
>zero return on investment

>complain when nasa gets 1 billion
>invented hundreds of useful items like LEDs, insulation, filters, cat scanners, etcs....
>>
File: 1430036605633.png (482 KB, 858x718) Image search: [Google]
1430036605633.png
482 KB, 858x718
>>58600436
>HE'S HONESTLY WORRIED ABOUT INDIA BECOMING A SPACE POWER
>>
>>58596962
good. let's find a better place for civilized people and let the subhuman scumbags kill themselves on earth.
>>
File: dem feels.gif (421 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
dem feels.gif
421 KB, 700x525
>>58597557
Whoah man, that vid....

Dem feels....
>>
>>58599691
>>58599899
>>58600105
>>58600423

>debating each other with smug anime reaction images
>being this autistic
>>
>>58596962
>>58596641

1: those "space rocks" are sources of vast wealth and prosperity for all humans on the planet.

2: seeding our species across the solar system is a logical step for our species. It diminishes the risk of catastrophic extinction type events and ensures that our species (and likely many other earth plants and animals) live on.

3: I don't care about fixing or helping 3rd world countries. Leave that to the Christian missionaries, maybe in 1000 years the positive effects of Christianity on their backward cultures will bring them out of their dark ages, as it brought Europe out of ours.
>>
>>58598021
>It's about time some large asteroid hit the Earth.

Let's hope it hits Africa.
>>
>>58600869
>calling damage control and denialism "debating"
Meh
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAy83k0-Mmg
>>
>>58598446
The US is currently incapable of launching a human into space.

Russia does it for them.
>>
>>58599177
>they would had probably been invented by some other organization/corporation.

>probably

>probably

>>
>>58596962
Natural selection was supposed to take care of retards like you.
>>
>>58597147
>There's no air on the moon
>There's no water on the moon
>There's no magnetic field to protect from solar radiation

It'd be difficult to sustain, and somewhat pointless. Maybe a radio telescope on the far side, that'd be cool, or some sort of SETI thing there, but not a colony.
>>
>>58601504
>Incapable

We've just moved on to bigger and better things.
>>
this bait+faggot= reddit-tier ideology

we prefer to conquer Africa, "upgrade their hood" and use the remaining niggers to scavenge the pieces of craft malfunctions when we turn that undeveloped zoo as a mass launch field.

aka yurafag
>>
>>58596641
Final frontier! (implying the 4th dimension is inaccessible) They should increase the budget by a further 2 billion and start taxing churches and Worshiping buildings.
Praying won't let man step foot on Mars but trail and error through science will.
>>
>>58598446
read a book pleab
>>
>>58596962
Every time something about space exploration is posted here, there's at least one >MUH WHIRLD HUNGER
>>
>>58596641
This is just one of the reasons.
https://www.nasa.gov/pdf/268137main_AARP_IPP_FACTSHEET.pdf

You fucking retards.
>>
No because NASA"s budget is still too small. I'm pretty sure it's still less than 1% of the total federal budget
>>
>>58601710
>We've just moved on to bigger and better things.

So where's your HLV?
Oh wait- your government cancelled it back in the late 80's.

Same as the shuttle replacement.
>>
File: 1431312914850.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
1431312914850.gif
2 MB, 300x290
>>58601188
>acts like a child
>>
>>58602001
>small
>less than 1% of the total federal budget
That's not, by any means, a small amount.

Anyway, what NASA needs is not more money, but more freedom to spend that money where it will do the most good, and the hiring of management that will actually do so.

A lot of their money comes in earmarked for specific contractors, like the SLS/Orion boondoggle. That's charity for big military aerospace contractors, and workfare for people who used to work on the shuttle program.
>>
>>58596962
>rest of the world
Stopped right there, who gives a fuck.
>>
>>58596641
Nah man, NASA gotta get to mars before a private coorporation manages to do it, first one to land claims all rights ober the planet forever, kinda like the americans did with the moon.>>58596641
>>
File: 1438201782394.gif (2 MB, 594x336) Image search: [Google]
1438201782394.gif
2 MB, 594x336
>>58602522
>first one to land claims all rights ober the planet forever, kinda like the americans did with the moon

Not... exactly.
>>
the earth is flat fuck freemason nasa secret society fuckboys
>>
>>58602656
Oh i mean exactly that,wait 20to 30 years and there will be mining operations on the moon, and they will be taxed by the american government for they ownership of the moon.

First one to get to an astral body claims ownership over it, similarly to how you can claim an unclaimed island you discover and declare it you own country/kingdom/princedom.
>>
>>58602992
>First one to get to an astral body claims ownership over it, similarly to how you can claim an unclaimed island you discover and declare it you own country/kingdom/princedom.

Yeah.... no.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_Space_Treaty

You can't claim the whole place, just what you've built.

Presumably, whatever you mine also.
>>
File: 1447303273366.png (57 KB, 446x311) Image search: [Google]
1447303273366.png
57 KB, 446x311
>>58603200
>mine on the moon and unearth an ancient evil
>it's your problem to take care of it
>>
File: 1438182310174.jpg (412 KB, 1366x576) Image search: [Google]
1438182310174.jpg
412 KB, 1366x576
>>58603380
>ancient evil
You've watched "Aliens" too many times.
>>
File: 02 - A landscape of Auriga.jpg (333 KB, 1600x899) Image search: [Google]
02 - A landscape of Auriga.jpg
333 KB, 1600x899
Hopefully NASA can figure out faster than light speed travel so we can finally get off this rock. I want to explore a new world, preferably one that has ancient alien artifacts.
>>
>>58603200
Kek
Treaties get broken quite often, usually leading to a political crisis or war, why wouldnt it happen in this scenario?

A country sucesfully build a colony on a moon with an atmosphere, lets say titan for example...

Why wouldnt this country simply claim it their own planet and tell the world to fuck off, threatening any ship that tries to land withount authorization with orbital gun batteries or lasers?

What exactly will enforce this treaty?
>>
>>58596641
Like welfare?
>NEET detected
If being a wage slave means space exploration then i will happliy do my part
>>
>>58596962
And nothing of value eas lost
>>
>>58597184

I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE XD
>>
File: Bowie161013.jpg (21 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Bowie161013.jpg
21 KB, 640x360
>>58596944
>>58596641
how am I not in space yet?
with this included its like 100 billion and no one is space mining even! fuck these lies I just want hope back.
>>
>>58603577

This image gives me a boner
>>
File: Kerbal Space Program.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Kerbal Space Program.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>58596641
>implying that $1,000,000,000 won't actually be going to fueling the Syrian crisis
>>
File: 1439340233951.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1725) Image search: [Google]
1439340233951.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1725
>>58603784
>What exactly will enforce this treaty?

Their homeland is still on Earth, and therefore vulnerable.

If the colony declared total indipendence however... now that would make things very interesting.

>>58604359
Here's another you might like.
>>
>>58604313
That song is so much better in every way than the other school shooting song (Pearl Jam's "Jeremy") which explains their relative airtime.
>>
File: Girls.png (477 KB, 560x500) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
477 KB, 560x500
>our money
>>
File: 1441228077051.jpg (586 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1441228077051.jpg
586 KB, 1366x768
>>58596641
AYYY MAN SHEEIT WHITEY TRYIN TO GO TO FUCKIN PLANET STAR WARS AND THEY EINT GINVIN ME MO MONEY FUCK DAT

If you don't think space exploration is vital for our long term survival and one of the most inspiring things possible you have the human spirit of a nigger

P.S. the space industry needs a lot less jewish big government contractors and more competition

P.P.S hey liberal "pro science" faggots, Obama cancelled the constellation program and told NASA its priority was "muslim outreach" and climate change research NOT EXPLORING SPACE. do you hear me? Liberals don't give a fuck about space, Ted Cruz is one the most pro space guys in the race
>>
>>58596641
We have two hopes.

1. Everyone implodes before Iceland can be invaded and utterly destroyed. From Iceland will come the new "wester civilization".

2. A new constitution on Mars which declares independence from Earth.
>>
>>58604567
>Total independence

Space America when?
>>
File: cosmicmelanin.png (592 KB, 528x677) Image search: [Google]
cosmicmelanin.png
592 KB, 528x677
>>58596641
NIGGERS...IN...SPAAAACE!
>>
File: 61c.jpg (26 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
61c.jpg
26 KB, 308x308
>>58596962
>>
File: 1449955734241.jpg (41 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1449955734241.jpg
41 KB, 720x960
The United States always pushes stuff forward and explores new avenues first. If funding for NASA and shooting stuff into space to explore and do science dried up, part of what makes the USA great would also dry up with it.

Exploration and pushing the limits of what humans can do in space is as American as apple pie, so please never stop doing what you're doing, 'Murica.
>>
>>58605121
Sauce on this girl?
>>
>>58597153
>tfw you'll never get gassed by a cute übermensch
>>
>>58597259
Our resident luxemburg RIDF shill everybody.
>>
>>58596641
BURN IN A SUPERNOVA YOU FUCKING SPACE HATE SON OF A BITCH!
>>
>>58596641
Nasa is fucked these days with them letting in indians and other sub humans rather than white people so they can fill the quota.
>>
File: someone died for this joke.jpg (12 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
someone died for this joke.jpg
12 KB, 540x405
>>58597259
>use that money for black-ops which we'll never know about

Think about what you just said. Do you realize how much of modern technology comes from the people who landed on our moon with computers less powerful than my engineering calculator? Solar power, artificial limbs, cell phones, etc. all of it comes from them.
>>
Im fucking disappointed /pol/ im disappointed this is even a debate. The US budget is fucking atrocious, we spend money on other countries, feeding retarded kids, a bloated "peace time" military, and god knows what else. NASA is one of the few things the government has done which isnt a fucking failure, its a noble prospect. To collect information and learn more about the universe. Who else is going to do it? The indians? They cant even shit in a toilet. The chinese? Styrofoam wont survive the launch. The Russians? Sure, maybe 30 years ago.
>>
>>58602418
Nasa earns about 1 cent from every tax dollar. That is a very small ammount. They need money to hire people, pay for materials, give elon musk money to invent sex robots.
>>
>>58596641
I'd rather money go into space exploration than mo money fo dem programs.

If Canada dropped every entitlement not specifically mentioned on my pay stub, that's E.I. And C.P.P, we could have the Canadian Space Agency's budget at least three times the size of NASA's.

And that's a good thing.

We need long term solutions for the survival of the human race. Not short term bandaids.
>>
>;^)

http://www.wired.com/2015/12/congress-slips-cisa-into-omnibus-bill-thats-sure-to-pass/

yes goy we care about NASA
>>
>>58606221
That's Natalie Lust.
>>
>>58599037
Why would an old design stop working if it worked to begin with?
>>
>>58599859
You have to play the game if you want to win. Like most things, if you don't take advantage of a resource, you won't benefit from it while everyone else does.
>>
Nasa should get 40% of our GDP and take charge of the Air Force
>>
>>58600911
That's a big maybe.
>>
>>58604567
The thing is that the homeland isn't vulnerable. Mutual assured destruction doesn't disappear with orbital gun batteries on Titan.

Planetary politics would remain the same.

A Chinese spacecraft gets shot down hundreds of millions of kilometers away after you were told to fuck off multiple times, do you think that the great powers will go to war?

A Russian aircraft was just shot down by the Turks. Russia banned tomatoes.
Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.