[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what point were Catholics accepted as white? Was it in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: 1449284795158.jpg (141 KB, 1115x716) Image search: [Google]
1449284795158.jpg
141 KB, 1115x716
At what point were Catholics accepted as white? Was it in the late 19th Century?
>>
>>57529769
Probably around the time that Kennedy was elected
>>
File: 1448812657672.jpg (25 KB, 396x479) Image search: [Google]
1448812657672.jpg
25 KB, 396x479
The paleness of the potato and cabbage niggers easily fool the untrained eye.

It was unavoidable
>>
>>57529769
>white skin
>white features
>European
>not white
White people are so fucking stupid
>nah bro I'm more white than you because my ancestry is a little more Northern European so I'm better
No wonder you fucks will be eradicated you are always trying to make rules for who is really white
>>
>>57530043
Well, what I'm saying is, the definition of white originally did not include Catholics. It's not like I'm forwarding the idea of excluding them, I'm asking when did Catholic peoples get included in the mainstream idea of white? Because they weren't originally there.
>>
>>57530251
>race is determined by religion
White logic people
You want to know why the Jews have been around for so long
Because they stick together
If only you whites could do that then the Jews wouldn't be cúcking you so hard
>>
>>57529821
Thanks, that actually makes sense.

>>57530409
You can't deny that Catholic peoples were not originally considered white. Neither were Orthodox peoples.
>>
>>57530563
The Founders of America only considered the Protestant peoples of Northwestern Europe to be white, that is correct.

Many of them (Franklin, Adams, Jefferson) said that Catholicism and liberty could not co-exist. Giving the ramblings of the modern pope they were probably right.
>>
>>57530563
I'm not disagreeing that it was a commonly held belief. I'm just saying its fucking stupid and probably a major contributor to the problems facing Europe now. Fucking whites have been so fractured that they started to hate each other and put each other into group.
>>
They were always white.

The US had an explicit requirement that immigrants be white until 1965

If Catholics weren't considered white, they wouldn't have been admitted in the first place.
>>
>>57530883
>Europe was united before the Reformation
Christians were literally launching Crusades on each other. Hell, even nations weren't united, fiefs often warred with fiefs.
>>
>>57530952
How the hell did all the Chinese immigrants get here in the 19th Century then?
>>
File: download (4).jpg (6 KB, 204x247) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
6 KB, 204x247
>>57530751
>forgetting based Charles Carroll of Carrollton
>>
>>57531371
He was probably exempt due to his massive wealth.
>>
>>57530251
O.k. so. The english people, for example, weren't white until Luther went rebel? Perhaps their skin got even whiter when Uncle Henry started chopping heads off!! Do you understand this doesn't make any sense?
>>
>>57530563
Sure I can - take Spain for an example. As soon as they pushed the Moors out of power, and became officially Christian again, they set up a bunch of laws restricting Jews, but for several hundred years, any Jew who converted to Christianity was immediately out of the Ghettos, able to do everything other Christians did. it's the late 16th century before they start talking like a converted Jew is still not quite as Christian as "real" Christians, and gradually bringing more and more race and not just religion into it. Since the 'right' kind of Christian in Spain was Roman Catholic, when the Spanish invented THEIR version of the idea of a White Race, ONLY Catholics counted. European history is full of different cases like that.
>>
>>57530251
>>57530563
youre literally retarded and have a childs understanding of history

not even of history, shit that happened a 150-200 years ago

lel
>>
>>57531052
Never said that either
What im saying is that whites have always been devided and it's probably why they are so fucked now
>>
>>57532115
>>57532042

People weren't self-conscious of there being a white race until about then.
>>
>>57532042
>O.k. so. The english people, for example, weren't white until Luther went rebel? Perhaps their skin got even whiter when Uncle Henry started chopping heads off!! Do you understand this doesn't make any sense?

Yes of course it makes sense! If you're a papist and convert to Lutheranism then you become white. But if you un-convert, then you go back to being a nigger. That's the way they saw things back in the 18th century. Don't believe me? Just confer with all the links to contemporary sources attesting to this fact the fine (white!) gentlemen in this thread have posted.
>>
>>5753075

>Giving the ramblings of the modern pope they were probably right.

haha could protestant be any more deluded. Your church has completely shit itself at this point.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 679x294) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 679x294
>>57529972
Hitler was born into an Austrian Catholic family.
>>
>>57529769
After the Civil War, white people started to begin to stop discriminating against other white people in order to focus on discriminating against blacks.

World Wars 1 and 2 caused some flareups, but after WW2 and the Marshall plan, pretty much everyone in Europe was united. It became about being anti-communist, regardless of what country you were from and everyone was willing to help out everyone else. Minor religious differences were basically the last holdout.

By Kennedy and the Civil Rights movement, all of the disunited peoples from Europe became White to counter Black people.

It's so recent that white people have been united that a lot of black authors have actually started using the term "People who call themselves White" in order to highlight the fact and remind people that only 150 years ago people hated you for being Italian or Irish.
>>
>>57530751
This
Even to this very day, Catholic and Orthodox Christians are treated as if they are godless heathens. Especially in the South
Source: Catholic convert in North Louisiana
>>
>>57533512

which is hilarious because 90% of them don't go to church except chrisman, and treat God more like some sort of vague superstition than an actual religion.
>>
>>57532969
Well but that can be easily inverted. To a Catholic, protestants were not much better than a kike or a muslim. And they probably considered themselves the 'whites' (or the "civilised" as they probably said).
Having said that, I think the answer to the original question is that this differentiation probably ended as the relationships between the divisions of christianism relaxed.
I think the catholic=no-white was used as a means of discredit. Like when you call a white "nigger" for having bad behaviour, but in a more 'formal' way.
>>
>>57529769
>Catholics
>accepted as white
pick one

>pic related: it's a kike actor playing a catlick
bonus
>>
File: 0606ZLO74394.jpg (72 KB, 599x768) Image search: [Google]
0606ZLO74394.jpg
72 KB, 599x768
>>57529769
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Carroll_of_Carrollton
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Barry_%28naval_officer%29
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Conway
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Sullivan_%28general%29

>On April 2, 1784, Luke Gardiner, afterward Lord Mountjoy, told the English Parliament, “America was lost by Irish emigrants … I am assured from the best authority, the major part of the American Army was composed of Irish and that the Irish language was as commonly spoken in the American ranks as English, I am also informed it was their valor that determined the contest …“

You're welcome.
>>
>>57533064
Catholics proven God tier
>>
>>57529769
How autistic are you? Seriously, kill yourself.
>>
>>57533064
But he hated Catholics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_Nazi_Germany
>>
>>57529972
Fuck off snownigger, you'll never be white.
>>
>>57530751
Yeah but Jefferson all them wanted to convert Catholics, not eradicate them.
>>
>>57534127
Are you retarded.
>>
There's no Catholic general so I'll just post it here. Anyone ever gone to Kairos? I went this Sunday and feel like taking about it.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.