[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can the government track people posting on this board? Can voicing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: genghis khan.jpg (94 KB, 603x483) Image search: [Google]
genghis khan.jpg
94 KB, 603x483
Can the government track people posting on this board? Can voicing my opinions here hurt me in the long run?
>>
Your gov probably can't Portugal
>>
>>57377885
Quite true my british greatest ally. But I am planning on emigrating next year.
>>
>>57377835

Our shitty government? No.
>>
>>57377835
Lol not in Portugal. Where I am, I could be arrested for simply questioning the 6,000,000,000,000,000,000
>>
>>57377835
Does anyone know how the archiving process works? Can you still grab an IP from archived threads or is it just active threads?
>>
File: sex change at 9 yo.png (278 KB, 656x809) Image search: [Google]
sex change at 9 yo.png
278 KB, 656x809
pls stop saying not in portugal, I didn't mean this useless government, I meant government in general
>>
>>57377835

Yes and yes.
>>
>>57377935
To where, here friend?
>>
File: WeDidn'tLoveFreedomEnough4.jpg (21 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
WeDidn'tLoveFreedomEnough4.jpg
21 KB, 236x236
>>57377835
Keeping silent only helps the government take your right to free speech, you dolt.

"Oh, I wouldn't want to say anything, maybe the government is listening!"

The more they listen, the more you should say, and the more everybody else should speak up too.

All any dictator ever asked for, EVER was people's neutrality.
>>
>>57378505
the UK
>>
File: WeDidn'tLoveFreedomEnough6.jpg (136 KB, 640x884) Image search: [Google]
WeDidn'tLoveFreedomEnough6.jpg
136 KB, 640x884
>>57378576
Educate yourselves about somebody who is REALLY based:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccASsjhhgP8
>>
File: 1446927039040.jpg (625 KB, 2188x3283) Image search: [Google]
1446927039040.jpg
625 KB, 2188x3283
>>57378576
Good point, Steve
>>
You can't honeypot a board with even a smidgen of anonymous mentality. Hell the only thing separating bait and legitimately retarded posts is the level of apparentness.
>>
File: 1322868527068.gif (152 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1322868527068.gif
152 KB, 300x169
>>57378827
>those horrendous feet
>>
>>57378040
Everything you type is recorded anyway. And if Hiroshima routinely sells user data, you better believe this isn't one of these "lol no we don't save your IP" deals.
>>
>>57378576
I'm so jealous of your American free speech , I so wish I had it in my country
>>
>>57379475
I'm more so taking about public accessible data. I understand hiro has complete control over the data.
>>
>>57379132
Not sure what you're trying to say. People have literally gone to jail for making jokes in the all-chat of videogames. Do you plan to use the IT WAS JUST A BAIT BRO defense when they come for you?

>>57379581
To my understanding you still have to go through the operators (which is why the government always has to pressure providers and site operators) but I'm not a hacker. But it doesn't really matter since the government can just do that and hiro can't just say no.
>>
4chan has always had top notch bullet proof identity protection
>>
>>57378777
why would you do that?
>>
>>57379738
I think it depends on how bad the government wants to know about you. I highly doubt they track random people on the Internet. They have specific targets or when certain red flags are caught. Do you think the government gives a shit about what some autistic guy says on 4chan? As much as the NSA or nationwide governments love to breach privacy, it's impossible for them to spy on everyone.
>>
>>57379311
agreed, the toes are monstrous. noone is perfect, John
>>
>>57378040
It'd be like 13 extra text characters per post, why wouldn't they add IPs to an archive?
>>
>>57377835
This board is a honeypot, all your posts and internet activity are being monitored by multiple three letter agencies. To put it short, your on a watchlist right now, be careful!
>>
>>57378827
Who is this semen demon anon?
>>
>>57380171
both me and my girlfriend can find jobs much more easily there. gf has already been working at her desired field for a year, and is able to save a lot of money even when she's living in london which is expensive as fuck. her classmates who stayed in portugal can't say the same.
>>
>>57380194
You're right in theory but you're misinformed about how it works technically.

They don't spear-fish the guys they're interested in; they pull their net all the way over the ground of the ocean and collect everything from fish to rocks. But other than fishermen, they don't have to throw the rocks overboard, they have data centers big enough to store everything. So if you ever become interesting, they'll have something on you.

That said, even if you're not interesting to them for legitimate reasons, they do things like going through your stuff in hopes of finding nudes and lulz. They're literally like /b/ except on nsabux instead of autismbux.

There are reports about trading the best nude skype calls etc. between them which personally bothers me the most as a guy in an often long-distance relationship.
>>
>>57377835
Maybe. Depends what you post. It's not like the NSA and google aren't already keeping files on everyone. It's even believed by some that /b/ is moderated by the FBI. The issue is are you important enough to bother.
>>
>>57380427
No clue, Iars.
>>
>>57380430
understandable. Dont forget to read on how to act in Sharia-controlled zones though
>>
>>57381266
I've been to London several times, yes there are plenty of muslims, but whatchagonnado
>>
Character assassination is inevitable if you ever end up in a position of having potential influence. Anything somewhat shady you've ever posted online will emerge. Your odd sexual preferences slip to the surface. The only way to avoid is to be so incredibly in your personal life, like Noam Chomsky whose only shame is probably that he occasionally shits a little when he farts.
>>
>>57381871
*so incredibly boring
>>
>>57381871
It's much easier when you're a liberal though because any shit you have on your boot will just be interpreted as a positive sign of "one of us" degeneracy by your target group.
Sent dick pics around or wrote a book about how you abused little kids in your 20s? Still good to elect and celebrate.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.