[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guess what /pol/? We are the asscrack of the joke in /sci/. Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: keep it together pol.jpg (119 KB, 1626x721) Image search: [Google]
keep it together pol.jpg
119 KB, 1626x721
Guess what /pol/? We are the asscrack of the joke in /sci/. Why don't you neckbeards actually try studying science before taking an uninformed unmovable stance on issues like climate change that has only been fueled by confirmation bias?

It's like you are red pilled on every issue except one. Like the kekservative who is conservative on everything except the military.
>>
File: pol user BTFO.jpg (188 KB, 1660x623) Image search: [Google]
pol user BTFO.jpg
188 KB, 1660x623
sigh
>>
>going to /sci/
>ever

There are more fuck up than /lit/ or /co/ and that is saying a lot, needless to say they are not free thinkers but people swayed by those in power (read academia) so you won't get them to process anything outside their hugbox
>>
>climate science
>not the ass crack of sciences
Literally who cares.
>>
File: pol user BTFO 2.jpg (187 KB, 1679x877) Image search: [Google]
pol user BTFO 2.jpg
187 KB, 1679x877
aw shit. This is getting painful to watch.
>>
>liberal boards don't like us
W O W
O W O
W O W
>>
>>57377987
Poor /lit/...it could be such a good board, but if you say one nonfaggy thing...

>>>/pol/

Fucking keks.
>>
>>57378073
>fact based boards don't like us
fixed
>>
i've been here since 2005 and have been to /sci/ once and it was people in college or highschool asking for help on their math homework

never went back
>>
>>57377785

>thinks /pol/ is one person with a single opinion
>rants about "muh science"

Well done!

I literally only post on /pol/ and I believe climate change is real and a threat.
>>
>>57378162

>been to a board once
>judges whole board on it

literally the average /pol/lack. That's like seeing one kike shill thread and assuming that we are all jew haters

wait, bad example

That's like seeing one gun control post and assuming we are all anti-guns
>>
>one guy argues with /sci/ over climate change
>FUCKING POL U SO STUPID FUCKIN RTARD U ASSCRACK

epic thread fag
>>
>>57378322
>the average /pol/lack.

i'm 99% sure i am in the top 10 minimum of hours lurked on 4chan. i have been here every single day since 2005
>>
>>57377987

>acadamia is a hugbox
>b-but my GOP shill board isn't
>>
>>57378372
>>57378275

ah c'mon, you know OP has a point. this board has an overwhelming denial streak
>>
>>57377785
>be a retard on /sci/
>look how retarded I am
>>
>>57377785
Wait, /sci/ actually trusts 97% of all experts?
>>
>>57378583
Nope, just 90%.
>>
>>57378063
....their predictions have been wrong in the past. In fact the models are quite often very wrong. There were studies in the early 2000's saying the polar ice caps would be almost disappeared by late 2015 and here we are with record ice levels in the poles...
>>
>>57378508
prove it
>>
>>57377785
I don't get it. I don't see any science or refutations, I see a bunch of niggers appealing to authority because OOPS, they're fucking retarded neckbeards too.

get this fucking garbage off of /pol/
>>
>>57377785

Well I told you fuckers that the 'skeptics' were wrong.
>>
/sci/ is for scientists, not care-free tranny loving nazis.
>>
File: artic sea ice chart.png (646 KB, 730x552) Image search: [Google]
artic sea ice chart.png
646 KB, 730x552
>>57378747
Holy shit you can't make this shit up. You do realize that there is seasonal fluctuations in ice? They melt and they grow. Your shill article you didn't even bother citing is noting one of the growth phases, BUT IT SHRUNK EVEN MORE THE FOLLOWING SEASON.

It means the fucking TREND IS OVERALL SHRINKAGE.

I need to study for my ochem quiz now so here is the thread if you need more facts
>>>/sci/7693457
>>
>>57378508

I've never seen anyone here deny climate change.

Denying the existence of climate change, and being skeptical of catastrophic climate change (particularly when just about every single model has been completely fucking wrong or the complete opposite), is not the same thing.
>>
>>57378152
>board based on facts fabricated by those in power to promote their own agenda
Fix that for you, friend

>>57378467
One of the many things you will learn here is that there are no difference between the 2 mayor political parties in the states, this is not a republican hugbox, people here have many different ideas but one goal in common, destroy the jewish money lending cabal that has been in power for the last 2 centuries.
>>
>>57378886
Bullshit. I see shills denying climate change every single day.

You can only be a skeptic if you understand the data and the mechanics of the thing you're being skeptic of. If you don't you're not skeptical of the data. You're skeptical because you don't what what the fuck you're reading
>>
>>57378886

I've had an argument a whole thread long about whether or not co2 is a greenhouse gas.

Honestly, these are the only threads on /pol/ that actually succeed in pissing me off.
>>
>>57378152
>fact based boards

confirmed for being an undergraduate and not knowing anything about the academic world
>>
I think a lot of people on /pol/ sees climate change as real, but we got other problems to focus on, and we can't really save the environment unless the entire world is on board.
>>
>>57378583
Come on, 97% of our priests say the king was annointed by god! Seriously it's 985, and people still doubt Christendom?
>>
>>57378947
Climate change happens every single day
Climate change happened millions of years before humans
You faggots in the 10's were claiming human pollution would cause the next ice in 20 years
Then in the 80's and 90's human pollution would cause global warming in 10 years this was all IRREFUTABLE SCIENCE
so you faggots being constantly wrong change global warming to "climate change"

The complete absence of any proof man made co2 emissions changes the climate and the constant failure of the "computer model predictions" is proof you faggots are retards and zealots
>>
>>57377785
Sci often struggles to answer simple questions because they believe anything can be answered with a theorem. While they shitpost about making 300k starting as a mathematics major, I'm making 80k starting as an engineer. And I still have time to shitpost on /pol/ at the end of the day.
>>
>>57378583
>get job as researcher on climate change

wow it's almost like they want to keep getting paid
>>
File: 1448502463400.jpg (40 KB, 604x537) Image search: [Google]
1448502463400.jpg
40 KB, 604x537
>>57378947

How much money does the government have to pay me to understand the data?

>>57378971

>believing that everything you argue against on a Mongolian throat-singing image board is a held belief

>applying a broad brush to the entire board based on those singular occasion-based beliefs
>>
>>57377785
>/sci/
>actually about science

What a joke.
>>
>>57377785
/sci/ is committing the sin of pride and being incredibly good goyim.

Their thought process is as follows
>I have a slightly better than layman's understanding of science and can therefore do some light reading in journals as long as things don't get too mathy
>This makes me superior to others.
>This also means that by repeating the claims of the experts I can draw on their intellectual prestige
>However I will ignore the legitimate counter arguments made by "plebs" concerning the economic and politicall motivations of the experts and the serious risks inherent in creating public policy to deal with the "problem"
>>
>>57378971
That spanish guy is retarded.
>>
>>57378583

This question has bull shit phrasing. It didn't ask what % believed that climate change was primarily the fault of human activity, just wether or not it was occurring; which should be 100% of climate scientists. People seem to think they if humanity became carbon neutral tomorrow, the climate would remain steady forever which is complete bullshit. The real reason behind sustainability and 'reducing emissions' should be to conserve natural habitats and non renewable resources
>>
>giving a shit about climate change

oh look, another social misdirection to get people bickering and divisive over a barely tangential nonissue

climate change is literally in the same vein as identity politics
>>
>>57378705
underrated
>>
>implying the responders are experts on climate change
>implying being an expert on climate change is possible
>implying climate change isnt a political concept and not a scientific one

ive actually been to a conference where some professor from oslo gave an hour long speech on why climate change hippies were wrong but i remember fuck all because i dont deem it important enough to care about, all i know is that even if the climate hippies were right, i would still not give a fuck about the climate or the future of the earth. go fuck yourself
>>
>>57378583
Scientist like these?

http://www.lowerwolfjaw.com/agw/quotes.htm
>>
>>57378467
>/pol/ as a whole is pro GOP

Get a load of this faggot. No wonder you don't think science and facts aren't politicized at their cores. To make it really simple for you, see Galileo and the church
>>
>>57378947
there is a big difference between denying climate change and denying manmade climate change. The carbon pricing shills don't differentiate between them on purpose. They also invented this "denier" title for it too, to frame it as a position of sillyness.

This movement is in bad faith, there are studies out there that disprove the manmade factor, but get no mention. This is why people are skeptics, because faggots lie for money and power.

I bet not even 1/10th of those speakers and activists in france understand the science either but they are lorded. prob react solution.
>>
>>57377785
People respond to incentives
Scientists are people
Scientists responds to incentives
>>
>>57377785
Surely there aren't that many people who don't think climate change is real and caused by humans. I mean, are there really that many dumb people?
>>
>>57380382
look at this thread
>>
>>57380665
This is 4chan though it's always hard to tell if people are really that stupid or just trolling. Probably a good mixture of both.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.