[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk about the afterlife? What do you think comes after?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
File: Near-Death-Experience.jpg (5 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Near-Death-Experience.jpg
5 KB, 300x225
Can we talk about the afterlife? What do you think comes after? Do you think God will give us the choice to stop existing completely if we don't want eternal life?
>>
I don't really know. I just think you stop existing. But that thought itself is very hard to grasp
>>
>>57372309
It is irrelevant what comes after. You live, you die. If there is nothing after, it sucks but hey, that is what every human that ever died before you has experienced so no reason to bitch about it. If there is a God, awesome. I hope I meet a guy and we drink a beer before he judges me.
>>
>>57372501
>I don't really know. I just think you stop existing. But that thought itself is very hard to grasp

Do lots of ketamine anon and experience the bliss of nonexistence.

It's really hard to put into words. I find it like taking a "brain holiday" from existence.
>>
>>57372309
Go post this on /x/ perhaps?
>>
>>57372309
infinite amount of randomness you don't notice because you don't exist > you get born > you die > infinite amount of time you don't notice because you don't exist > get born again

Lights go out and then go back on again, but you don't notice the time inbetween.
>>
>>57372309
You are not independent of God. You are a part of God. You don't really have a will or existence of your own. You are a chunk of a larger whole. When you die you will once again become one with your greater being
>>
My personal theory of death is like an "event horizon".

Basically you cannon process unexistence, so as you become near to death your perception of time becomes slower and slower, tending to zero.

Obviously to an outside observer you die. But from your own perspective you get closer and closer to death but never quite get there. Like a mathematical line than gets infinitely close to the x-axis but never actually touches it.
>>
>>57372568
X is full of new age magic fags.
>>
>>57372689
You have to read beyond the RP.
Find occult books, practice, learn and if you git gud enough you won't fear death again.
That doesn't mean you won't die, though.
>>
>>57372686
But why do you think that would apply to us?
>>
When you die your consciousness dissipates into smaller and smaller parts and spreads thinly across the universe. Parts of it will become the simple sensory organs of plants, other parts will merely be serve as the bits of information in an atom, and some of it might combine to make up the sensory perception of an intelligent lifeform's form such as an animal or another human again.

If you think about it, your consciousness arose from nothing at all. There should be no reason why that can't happen again after your death.
>>
>>57372765
I do not fear death. I do want to live till 90 to see humanity advance though.
>>
>>57372779

Basically the results of doing loads of K and experiencing time stopping (from my perspective only obviously) a few times.

It was literally like pressing pause on a DVD, the background noise dropped to zero and everyone in the room was frozen in place, even the TV image was still. I looked around the room pretty amazed, took a deep breath, and everything just kicked back in. The noise came back and the people frozen in half-step carried on walking etc etc.

Doing drugs has made shown me that our perception (not reality for obvious reasons) is a lot of fluid than we think.
>>
I think that we're reborn until we're perfected or attain a sort of enlightenment. Even then we may be reborn to help others seeking enlightenment. I'm on my phone or I would post the link but look up Bill Hicks - it's just a ride on youtube.
>>
>>57372813
>When you die your consciousness dissipates into smaller and smaller parts and spreads thinly across the universe. Parts of it will become the simple sensory organs of plants, other parts will merely be serve as the bits of information in an atom, and some of it might combine to make up the sensory perception of an intelligent lifeform's form such as an animal or another human again.

I think this would be a pretty nice end. I had a k-hole once where I "woke up" as literally a single metal atom in the metal lattice of a mixing blade in part of a machine. The other atoms were chatting to me and told me that "all we are really is just metal atoms, we daydream our human lives just to pass the time as it's kinda boring".
>>
>>57372686
Or it's just like taking a nap. But I guess it's more likely that you will be shot into a black hole.
>>
>>57372309
I was legally dead for 2 minutes. I blacked out and was on a long bridge. A young blonde woman in all white walked towards me from the direction I was facing. She told me some things that I don't remember, but I remember the last thing she said was to look up into the sky which was completely black and I froze there unable to return to the other place. Then my life started to flash before my eyes starting with more general important events and ending with events that I found made me the happiest in the last few years. Some of them I relived entirely, but, the more distant memories were portrayed in 3rd person. Then I woke up.
>>
>>57372689
I haven't been there in a while but 420chans /x/ was full of decent legit non new agers. Of course their boards move at a snails pace these days.
>>
>>57372309
>>>/x/
>>
Nothing happens. You die, your life stops, then your body is burnt or eaten by bacteria.
>>
>>57373137

ayyy what made you be legally dead bro?
>>
>>57372934
That sounds interesting. Sort of like your consciousness was operating at a very high frame rate so the rest of reality was slowed down in comparison.

On an acid trip, I felt my consciousness sort of leave my head and go downwards into the ground and spread out. It was like I became everything I was perceiving: I was the soil I was sitting on and the wind that was blowing over me and the sun shining down. Because I could sense it, it was like I WAS it.

I feel that everything that perceives is conscious to some degree and perception is merely the interaction of energy and matter(sight is light recepting cells reacting to electromagnetic energy for example.)
>>
>>57373233
death sentence
>>
>>57372934
>>57373390
i once heard that your brain produces DMT right before your death. so maybe, having a DMT trip feels a bit like dying?
i've never had one, i don't know.
>>
>>57372309

everyone will be judged by god. maybe atheist just stop existing because they never wanted to be with god
>>
>>57373538
It's a theory yeah. People report seeing their lives flash in front of their eyes, communicating with extra terrestrial life, dying and/or becoming part of a universal consciousness. I think psychedelics and dissociative drugs are an invaluable tool for neuroscientists and AI researchers who are trying to learn about the nature of consciousness.
>>
>>57372686

I kinda see it like this as well. The problem with that to me is like, how do we know we aren't already in an infinite loop of "your life flashing before your eyes" kind of thing.
>>
>>57373390
>That sounds interesting. Sort of like your consciousness was operating at a very high frame rate so the rest of reality was slowed down in comparison.

Yeah that was one theory I came up with.

The second theory was that there was some kind of massive "lag" in sensory input, like my brain was buffering almost, and then somehow fast-forwarded to match with real-time after it stopped lagging.
>>
Most logical proposition is that you simply turn off, like computer. Nothingness.
>>
>>57372309
do you remember what it was like before you were born?
I think that first you have to conceive a dimmension of existence that is without time and space, and I don't think that is within our mental bounds
>>
>>57372309
Do you think God will give us the choice to stop existing completely if we don't want eternal life?
This is unironically my current plan desu

>>57372567
>the bliss of nonexistence
How can you feel a sense of bliss or any good feeling if there is no "you" to feel it?
>>
>>57372309

Not politics, dipshit.
>>
>>57372603
This.

Mind you, there is nothing stopping an age-old consciousness recovery species from giving us something.
>>
In my opinion when you die you instantly learn the outcome of the universe.

Your molecules become 'dead' but an ultra advanced intelligence will awaken all matter in the universe, including everything that used to be you.

>yfw return to god just means being added to the future super intelligence that will be composed of everything

Just like you didn't experience anything until you could, you will instantly (from your perspective) go to the next state of experience again.
>>
I get spooked as hell when I start thinking about the afterlife, the unknown and the eternity, but then I remember that every one of us had already experienced prelife before we were born. Each one of us spent 99.999999999999999% of the time not being born, and we're perfectly fine. I guess that means we'll be fine after death, too.
Also, I'd much rather have there be nothing when we die than some kind of eternal consciousness where you do nothing but exist or even hell, that shit sends shivers down my spine.
>>
Honestly lads, I'd take hell over nonexistence any time of the day. I am not a religious person, but I find the theory that our consciousness simply ceases to exist after our death infinitely scarier than eternal torment desu senpai.
>>
Death is the end of our existence.
I honestly think that the concept of afterlife is created because a lot of us are afraid of losing our consciousness.
>>
>>57374082
Thats exactly how my friend who tried ketamine described it. Seems kind of scary.
>>
Ketamine is a hell of a drug. I've also tried changa, which has DMT in it. Both of them are similar in some sense, were K is a much slower experience while DMT hits you like a wave. I will say that, after trying DMT and experience some of the must surreal hallucinations I have ever had (I was able to close my eyes and, I shit you not, when I turned my head my vision would 'move' around a 'room' filled with impossible patterns and shapes), it left me feeling connected to everything and took away my fear of death entirely, at least for a little while. The first time I took it, I felt assured there was no reason to feel death but, I don't know why.

Ketamine reacts much slower but, is just as strange. I had hallucinations that felt like an OBE, where I could see the room I was in, as well as the people, from different perspectives without moving.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.