[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should society still be perpetuating the Santa Claus myth? >fat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 640x1136
Should society still be perpetuating the Santa Claus myth?

>fat man goes down your chimney
>gives you gifts under a tree you keep in your house

And the worst part is that his modern design was made by Coca Cola. Who says you need him to have a happy Christmas? Why lie to your kids when the alternative is objectively better?
>>
Yes, he is still cooler than virgin kike zealot
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 600x450
>>57371025

So one piece of shit is better than the other? Just not pick either one. Also Santa Claus has nothing to do with the birth of Christ so that is incomparable you fucking cowardly heathen.
>>
This is an edgy opinion because it is a popular thing to criticize and be open minded about. I'm 5 and I base my opinions on fads and memes. You fedora! xD
>>
File: St. Nikolaus.jpg (21 KB, 401x381) Image search: [Google]
St. Nikolaus.jpg
21 KB, 401x381
>>57371002
>American "culture"
>>
>>57371002
I see no benefit of parents lying to their children about Santa but it's not like it's really harmful either. It's just one of those silly things.
>>
>>57371737
>''''German'''' people
>>
>not liking christmas, coke, and trees wrapped in lights.

Its like your not even trying to be american juan...
>>
>>57371759
But the reason it is just "one of those silly things" is because it's normalized. It's a strange tale to be lying to your kids when you can just tell them about gift giving another way. Very strange tradition, but I guess we Americans love to cling on every bit that's left-- what with the minorities and all.
>>
Inb4 Christmas cancelled this year because niggers and feminists find it offensive somehow
>>
I'm 24 and I still get a stocking of presents when I go to my mum's

I'm 50/50 on whether father christmas is real though
>>
>>57371737
>coming from the people who invented fairy tales and lying to your children that a goblin will eat them if they are rude
>>
>>57371900
Mate half the places here don't have "merry christmas" anymore, its "happy holidays", as this doesn't offend the blow ins.
>>
>>57371002
I would never lie to my kids.
>>
>>57371900
>Christmas
>muh trees

Pick one. This shit is degenerate and your family is fucked if it can't stay together except for that moment in your year. This is why other nations laugh at us.

>>57371902
Christmas doesn't need these traditions to uphold gift giving, and I hope you don't think that.
>>
File: Krampus[1].jpg (1 MB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Krampus[1].jpg
1 MB, 1200x800
>>57371002
I don't think Society should, given how many of our problems are due to people accepting lies as the norm

Krampus could be the new realist mascot of companies like Coca Cola
>>
>>57372165
Good man.

Americans love to lie to their kids. Can't stand to look at my stepson after my wife ruined it with lies.
>>
>>57372066
>invented fairy tales and lying to your children that a goblin will eat them if they are rude

every culture does that
>>
>>57372285

Baba Yaga
>>
>>57372066
>coming from the people who just take their kids to the doctors to be subscribed ritalin instead of just telling them off and smacking their bum
>>
>>57372489
>telling them off and smacking your bum
>giving your kids Ritalin

Both sound like shitty solutions for bored kids at school. No wonder our kids are such fuckups.
>>
>>57371002
Don't you believe in magic? I like to think that Santa is more real because it makes children happy. We need a little magic in this world.
>>
>>57371002
>And the worst part is that his modern design was made by Coca Cola
they unintentionally did something positive then

the subtle truth is that the coca cola advertising and the christmas markets and the hype around it and the commerce helps us remind ourselves of the fact that christmas even exists

I submit to you that if it was not for the ads and the commerce, many people would forget about it, or hardly notice it, and maybe wouldn't even come together for christmas and have dinner.

The figure of santa claus evokes romantic associations that brings us back to christmas.
As long as the families have the christmas they should have, which is the christmas of contemplation, peace, and family, santa claus is a harmless addition to that.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.