[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Michio Kaku the only popular nonmeme scientist aside from Hawking?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: michiokaku.png (154 KB, 616x480) Image search: [Google]
michiokaku.png
154 KB, 616x480
Not politics related, I know. But he has spoken on a lot of political matters, and has a decent influence on how people think, which is /pol/ related.

Anyway, with Neil DeGrasse Tyson being huge in the public eye for some reason, I've been trying to think of popular scientists with actual scientific achievements that are popular with the general public. Kaku and Hawking are the only ones I could come up with.

Can anyone contribute with scientists from other fields, perhaps? I'm trying to compile data for infographics and videos about scientists and public perception, but I'm having trouble with modern figures.
>>
>>57368877
Pretty sure he is a multiculturalism shill.
>>
Isn't he just some weird guy that babbles on about bullshit?
>>
>Kaku
>not a meme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnMMirZBMlc
>>
>>57368877

he's a smug, multiculti statist
>>
Richard Dawkins
>>
>>57368906
He is to some extent. He speaks of everything from a point of futuristic idealism. His multiculturalism is for us to stop killing each other over petty things and unite the best and brightest from wherever they may come to advance the species. Nuking ourselves out of existence is objectively worse than niggers in labcoats.
>>
>>57368950
>>57368925
He's pretty batshit insane, yeah. But he's also the cofounder of (M theory/string theory) so he actually has notable achievements.
>>
File: 1393796383102.jpg (12 KB, 203x200) Image search: [Google]
1393796383102.jpg
12 KB, 203x200
>>57368877
none of them are note worthy compared to the greats.. that's what a liberal education will get you.
>>
File: BrianCoxsimmonds_2283119b.jpg (36 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
BrianCoxsimmonds_2283119b.jpg
36 KB, 620x387
>>57368877

Brian Cox?
>>
Roger Penrose
>>
>>57369052
He's a maybe. He is currently working for CERN and has done some nice doctoral work, but nothing on the same level as the aforementioned.
>>57369051
Yeah, that's why I'm getting stumped with modern figures.
>>
>>57369134
Penrose is so doubt an incredible scientist. He has contributed immensely to our understanding of the natural world. However, I am trying to find a cross between scientist and public figure. The idea is that we sensationalize and romanticize undesirable figures so regularly, but those we should actually admire are pushed to the side and taken for granted. Hawking, Kaku, Tyson, Sagan, Einstein, Cox, etc. have all been well received by the public and the center of much publicity. Penrose is a brilliant man, but he has more or less been confined to the lab and away from public view.

>>57368975
Dawkins is somewhat meme tier. He spends most of his time being the epitome of a fedora and calling out Muslims now.
>>
File: feynman.jpg (40 KB, 380x542) Image search: [Google]
feynman.jpg
40 KB, 380x542
Kaku is more famous for his popsci than his rigor.

Richard Feynman was the last charismatic and intellectual physics heavyweight and there really hasn't been like him since. His lectures on Quantum Mechanics are pretty accessible for even laymen who don't have the mathematical background.
>>
>>57369370

I think Penrose is somewhat known among normies for his popular works, albeit less so than the likes of Hawking or (*ptui*) Tyson. I was certainly aware of him while I was still in high school.
>>
>nonmeme scientist
>Hawking

what
>>
>Kaku
>Not a meme
He's a real scientist but he's a liberal shill just like Tyson
>>
>>57368989
> Nuking ourselves out of existence is objectively worse than niggers in labcoats

nope. better to die defending what it virtuous than live in degeneracy.
>>
>>57369573
He's done a lot of solid work in the field of cosmology. What I mean by "nonmeme" is that they have actually done something worthwhile. Tyson has done nothing really. Even Dawkins has barely done anything actually groundbreaking. Not to take away from their work; they've done more than I have. But as far as actual high level work, Hawking and Kaku are about it.

>>57369431
I have him in the same category as Einstein for the timeframe in which his work was done(what I autistically dubbed the "warring era").
>>
>>57368877
You realize most modern science is funded by government grants, right?

If you want to find a high profile scientist to be "based" or "red pilled", you best start looking for those who are no longer connected to the government machine. I believe Richard Dawkins just bitches on twitter about religion since he has seemed to retire. Stephan Hawkings is in the same boat I believe, but I don't think he's on social media.
>>
>>57368975
Richard Dawkins is literally the meme scientist
>>
how is michio kaku not a meme scientist? i see that faggot everywhere.
>>
>>57369573

Hawking has done a lot of really important work.

t. physics PhD
>>
>>57369052

His voice is likened unto the white Morgan Freeman of nerds. I can get enough of it.
>>
>>57369834
I'm not looking for redpills. I'm looking for scientists who the public admires and whom have actually done significant work in their field(s).
>>57369876
Getting a full ride to Harvard for building a particle accelerator for an 11th grade science fair project and subsequently going on to cofound (M-Theory/String Theory) makes him nonmeme. He's actually done some profound things in his field. Refer to >>57369789 to see what I mean by "nonmeme."
>>
>>57368877
>hawking
>non meme

hahahahahaha holy shit this board has really gone to shit
>>
>>57369027
string theory isn't science.
>>
>>57368877
>Michio
>non-meme
>>
>>57370137
if you're going to include meme tier theoretical physics i.e. string theory might aswell put in the actual heavy weights namely susskind and edward witten.
>>
Richard Feinman, Albert Einstine, Lenord Suskind.
>>
>>57368877
He's my favorite memer, the guy loves science fiction and know more shit that than meme black man of science.
>>
>>57372073
I think he means living ones.
>>
>>57371609
Canada isn't a country.
>>
File: 1441299991778.jpg (180 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1441299991778.jpg
180 KB, 640x960
>>57368877
>nonmeme
oh anon, you're so funny.
>>
>>57369051
They're noteworthy for being scientists who're reasonably telegenic. That does not happen often.
>>
>>57368877

Dr. Eugene Podkletnov

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agk3OOCfuqk
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.