[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's time we talk about car control
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9
File: Meanwhile on the highways.jpg (84 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
Meanwhile on the highways.jpg
84 KB, 736x552
Every year, more people die and are maimed by automobiles. People just can't use them responsibly, despite the fact we register them, license users, and make them get insurance, people STILL drive drunk and kill people. Cars are the number one tool used to get criminals to crime scenes, and they are constantly used to help criminals escape.

Privately owned automobiles pollute the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the land we grow our crops on. Because of cars, people no longer walk or ride bikes, and have become morbidly obese. They are a complete detriment to society, and nobody but police and the appropriate government agencies should be allowed to own and operate motor vehicles.

It's time we stopped the metal menace and end the rampant shed of blood on our streets.
>>
>>57362110
0/10

false equivalency everywhere
>>
File: 1445879451001.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1445879451001.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
That's right! We must ban all cars especially assault cars!
>>
we just need to ban long cars
>>
Ban high capacity automobiles!
>>
Pretty desperate
>>
>>57362209

That's what all you hypocritical cowardly faggots says.
>>
>>57362368
Defending the slaughter on the highways, the pollution to our environment, and the wars fought to maintain the supply of oil needed to run the damn things?

I agree.
>>
File: Tesla-Roadster.jpg (211 KB, 1600x967) Image search: [Google]
Tesla-Roadster.jpg
211 KB, 1600x967
>>57362110
it's the really scary looking cars that are the biggest problem. nobody really needs a car like that.
>>
>>57362390
If I ever win the lottery, I'm buying a gun for every single US citizen and giving them away.

It'll be a blast watching you all kill yourselves.
>>
>>57362483
I would be all in favor of that t b h senpai. Guns are expensive though might not be able to arm every citizen.
>>
>>57362483
>lottery

there's just no end to your degeneracy is there?
>>
>>57362541
$500 will net you an AK.

Buying in bulk, you might get it down to $450 to $400.
>>
>>57362474
>Legal speed limit is around 70mph
>assault cars can triple that
Literally only a criminal would need such power.
>>
File: Yeb-Guaccy.png (351 KB, 666x498) Image search: [Google]
Yeb-Guaccy.png
351 KB, 666x498
>>57362209
>false equivalency

I thought anti-gun was about reason. If you're guided by reason you should put the deaths in context to see if it's worth worrying about.

That's why we don't freak out about toaster related deaths.

In fact complacency is a big part of why people still get killed in massive numbers by "safe" things like cars, alcohol and tobacco.

Meanwhile rare events like shootings, even in a time where there's less violence than ever before, are blown up by the media. And people worry. And want to ban things.

That's not reason, that's emotionally driven outrage.

Are you a woman?
>>
File: Lets stir up some emotion.jpg (12 KB, 270x187) Image search: [Google]
Lets stir up some emotion.jpg
12 KB, 270x187
>>57362483

That's right. Just ignore the negative impact privately owned autos have on all our lives. The press makes it easy because they don't report it every day.

Bear this in mind, pic related happens every single day, in every single state. Children, women, men, old people, all butchered and killed by cars, and yet all you hypocritical faggots don't cry out for bans.

OMG ANOTHER MULTI DEATH CAR CRASH!!!!!!!!! BOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>57362353
>>57362304
>>57362230
>>57362390
>>57362463
>>57362695
>>57362773
>>57362804

"I should be able to buy a sportscar, even if I've never driven a car before. Not bother with training, and just take it on the road -totally unaware of the laws regarding motor vehicles."

What /pol/ actually believes.
>>
>>57362209
What did he equate it to? He provided legitimate reasons exclusive to car ownership. Refute them.
>>
>>57362110
I agree. Private vehicles should be banned along with guns.
>>
File: More emotional incitement.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
More emotional incitement.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
>>57362822
>thinks the government needs to be involved in something dad teaches most 15 year olds on weekends...
>>
>>57362110
When you first start entering the world of driving a car, you receive some form of training -be it from your parents, a friend, or a school. That training teaches you the laws of the road, how to be safe when driving a car, and how a car works (basically).

Once you've received adequate training, you try to prove your worthiness of the responsibility to your community, by taking a written and practical test. These tests will determine your road-worthiness.

When you have your licence, you can use your car. But because cars are 1 ton blocks of assorted metals, it would make sense that you take caution to insure yourself from accidents -as they often occur. Legally mandated insurance protects you if another driver faults your car. Because cars are so expensive, it's difficult to pay for a fault repair out of pocket. Insurance will pay this for you, but you may be uninsurable as YOU'VE LOST THE COMMUNITY'S TRUST.

If you get into an accident with someone who's illegally driving without insurance, and you also did not have insurance, you'd have effect compensatory recourse against that individual. Because if they are too poor to provide settlement in court, you won't get anything from them. If you have uninsured motorist protection, you are protected and your insurance company will pay for damages.

>> Someone please explain to me why the above is unreasonable (edgy teenagers who aren't driving need not reply)
>>
File: guncontrolvspool.jpg (479 KB, 1158x785) Image search: [Google]
guncontrolvspool.jpg
479 KB, 1158x785
>>57362110
>It's time we start talking about sensible pool control
>>
>>57362110

Cars are actually dangerous and stupid, we just don't have a better option without severely impacting our economy.

But when AI cars get good enough, I am entirely in favor of banning human drivers entirely.
>>
>>57363218
Right. We should let each child follow the arbitrary standards set forth by their parents, which may differ between millions of people.

While we're at it, let's stop using road signs. Parents know best.
>>
>>57362773
I'm not even trying to argue for or against guns, just that the OP is using something VERY loosely related to make a point that guns should be totally and wholly unregulated.

I'd at least like to make sure felons can't purchase firearms.

I'd also prefer people at least receive some form of mandatory firearms safety training. Currently only CC covers this, in most states.
>>
>>57363262
see>>57363218
>>
holy shit this damage control
>>
>>57363368
>thinks people are too stupid to figure out and obey road signs without daddy government teaching him
>>
File: Think of the children.jpg (8 KB, 303x166) Image search: [Google]
Think of the children.jpg
8 KB, 303x166
>>57363980

Well, a lot of lazy fat bastards will cover up for road carnage if they even think they'll have to walk more than 5 feet.
>>
File: 1406567900976.jpg (55 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1406567900976.jpg
55 KB, 540x960
>>57364032
>thinking your average burger is a smart driver
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.