[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anti gun control arguments
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (149 KB, 1171x695) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149 KB, 1171x695
My neighbour Americans, what exactly are the arguments against gun control? I get that you have your second amendment, but with the massive amount of shootings you guys have to do something. I'm not going to meme, I honestly want to know
>>
>>57346496
I live in a state with extremely lax gun control and less murder than France, Bhutan, or Finland.

The problem isn't guns, it's culture (aka NAMs).
>>
>>57346496
Is it really any of your business? Probably not.
>>
Why do we have to impose gun control?
It doesn't work at all. Do you want me to come up with proof that it doesn't work? Have you not seen that it doesn't work?

You either have no idea what you're talking about, or you are memeing.
>>
Literally 0% of our firearms are used to murder people, so there is no argument for gun control.

Even if there was our rights are protected for the very reason that people like you whom do not agree with or see any reason for said rights exist.
>>
>>57346496
Gun laws that only restrict access to law-abiding citizens are not only ineffective, but detrimental. That's all there is to it.

Also, while I wouldn't say we should do nothing in this case, the entire "we have to do SOMETHING" argument is pure garbage. We should only do something if it will actually make things better. If nothing would improve things, we should do nothing.
>>
>>57346669
This.

I live in a super white neighborhood and we don't really have white niggers either.

People load up rifles in their cars and trucks for hunting season. People show off their new hunting bows and stuff in parking lots. Many people own handguns.

The only crime is committed by visiting negrums, white nignogs and other undesirables.

If you want to take away guns from law abiding citizens, I want the cops to come down hard on all the undesirables that want to victimize normal law-abiding people like myself and the others that live in my city.
>>
The most violent places in America have the strictest gun control. Sure gun control could probably deter a few psychos from obtaining a gun, but no amount of gun control will ever stop the gang violence that plagues America. If there is one thing that remains constant in every country, it's that criminal organizations (whether it be gangs, the mafia, cartels) will always use their networking abilities to obtain weapons no matter how strict the laws are. Just look at Japan, their gun laws are ridiculously strict and even the government admits that the yakuza still have guns in spite of it.
>>
>>57346496

Why give the state a monopoly on violence?
>>
>>57346496
Canada has gun rights, what the fuck are you talking about....This is the future of YOUR multicultural society moron.
>>
>>57346496
Shall not be infringed
Fuck off
>>
Nigger control would do better than gun control.

So would woman control. Put women back in their place and you won't get so many fucked up kids who go and shoot people.
>>
>>57346841
I admit I know almost nothing about gun control shit. I live in a country that has strict gun control, and there are way less shortings than in America. But yeah prove that gun control doesn't work and I will accept it.
>>
>>57346496
I live in CA in the neighboring county the shooting took place in. We have a fucking mountain of gun control in this state.

>10 Round magazine limit
>semi-auto only
>bullet button - semi-auto mag-fed rifles with pistol grips cannot have a removable magazine without a tool to remove it.
>10 day waiting limit
>can only purchase 1 handgun every 30 days
>massive massive amounts of paperwork to get one
>background check
>gun registration
>Conceal-weapons permit nearly impossible to get
>handgun roster

None of that did anything to prevent this from happening. Gun control doesn't work. Mental Health is the issue. Someone had so much anger in them that they decided to go to a social services clinic and kill a bunch of innocent people. And because those people want to obey the massive amount of gun laws, they were all victims. Were several of those people in there armed with concealed weapons, perhaps it would have ended much differently.
>>
>>57346496
I have a shitton of guns and have yet to kill or wound anyone with them. Why should I accept politicians having that kind of control over me?

Does anyone ever get killed in a home invasion in Canada? Probably sucks as bad as being caught in a mass shooting here I'd imagine.
>>
>>57346496
First thing to recognize is that America is a Republic, not a Democracy. This means that even though we elect people to make/change/get rid of laws, they can only make/change/get rid of laws that the constitution gives them authority to get rid of.

It prevents mob rule laws that are unconstitutional from being passed, even if they are extremely popular at the time.

This is why Republics are soo much better than regular Democracies, they could elect a majority tomorrow that passes a inhumane bill with no legal way to stop it.

The 2nd amendment prevents the government from passing any infringements on the possession of arms in America.
>>
>>57347590
>>57347590
This. Also, it was a muslim terrorist attack not a "mass shooting."
>>
OP here's a good retort:

>So you believe that women, minorities, LGBT community, and the elderly should not have the right to protect themselves?

I work in a gun store and maybe 20% of my customers are women that want self protection. At least daily I will get one or two LGBT man/woman who comes in with tons of questions about guns and wants to get one.
>>
>>57347675

Everything else is truly secondary (crime statistics, etc.). It all boils down to us having a Republic which protects the right to keep and bear arms. Until this government that was established 200+ years ago is overthrown, the rules that govern it remain constant; the 2nd being included.
>>
>>57346496
You honestly think gun LAWS are going to stop CRIMINALS with guns? Because CRIMINALS follow all the LAWS, right?
>>
shoo shoo mucky canucky
>>
>>57346496
For "assault weapons" it's basically "its a scary looking rifle that only police/military should have". Against the Second Amendment? Basically boils down to one of two arguments "hurr it was only for muskets", which is absolutely false, and "hurr national guard is the militia!". Which the National Guard is actually something warned against. It is a "militia" with more training than the "normal" militia. The "normal" militia being every last citizen of the US.

Now gun control measures that would actually work? Since everyone is part of the militia then we all have a firearm qualification day. Simply show up at the closest range and a certified RO will sign off on your paper showing that you have proficiency with a firearm. After that, turn the paper in and you have a licence that allows you to own and carry any weapon anywhere. Your address will not be taken. Only your birth date and social security number. Any outstanding warrants will also be tied to your SSN. It is a national mandated holiday so every thing is closed and everyone has a chance to get there. I got more details if you really want them.
>>
Gun control is the failsafe against totalitarianism.
>>
>>57348335
I think you mean rights. Having guns heavily controlled makes it harder for the ordinary citizen to be well enough armed that they are confident in their ability to fight the rogue state their government has become.
>>
File: sbr.jpg (889 KB, 1716x1287) Image search: [Google]
sbr.jpg
889 KB, 1716x1287
>>57347542
>I admit I know almost nothing about gun control shit. I live in a country that has strict gun control, and there are way less shortings than in America.

California's gun laws are not that different than Canada.

Many of the guns I own are not allowed in Cali but are perfectly fine here in Canadaland.

The guns in today's shooting were legally purchased. If they had no criminal record they could bought similar guns here as well. Nothing in Canadian gun laws would have stopped any modern US spree killer.
>>
File: 1447566861733.gif (2 MB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1447566861733.gif
2 MB, 320x320
>>57347542
>strict gun control
We don't have it so bad. Those of us with NRFs are good. But with the libfags in charge I think we'll be seeing some form of the Gun Registry returning.
>>
File: 1446520432358s.jpg (2 KB, 79x125) Image search: [Google]
1446520432358s.jpg
2 KB, 79x125
>>57346841
Stop memeing. We don't have restrictions to ownership up here, just registries and pre-requisite tests (which anyone can pass so long as they aren't a complete retard).
>>
American history has shown us that banning creates unwanted creations.

War on drugs = Drug Cartels
Ban Alcohol = Created mafia

Do these people not realize what logic is?
>>
>>57347542
There are also way less people in Canada than America, so maybe that counts for something. Also, most of these mass shootings are more than likely false flags in order to distract from the fact our government is up to some really shady shit.

But hey, you guys did have Maple Snake.
>>
>>57348171
So rights don't apply to people who having something better to do that day?

Fucking statist
>>
>>57349461
There would provisions for people who cannot make it. Honestly given how many people we have it would probably be more like a week long holiday with businesses still running like normal except being required to give a day off for people who want to do it.

I'm trying to be realistic, not my ideal which is no control at all. Since we can only react to "gun crime". At least this would mean someone knows how to handle their firearm and help reduce accidents.
>>
>>57348804
>which any retard can pass
So what's the fucking point? I live in CA and I assume you, too, have to pay for that dumb fucking test. What does it solve? Don't you find that corrupt in the slightest?

Jesus, dude.
>>
File: 1415267655547.png (164 KB, 1200x977) Image search: [Google]
1415267655547.png
164 KB, 1200x977
If this guy and his ISIS friends are gunning people down on my street I can fire back.
>>
>>57348171
Holy shit I would love a gun holiday. Can we trade Caesar Chavez day in?
>>
>>57352169
Caesar Chavez day?
>>
File: 1432035022909.jpg (150 KB, 852x1041) Image search: [Google]
1432035022909.jpg
150 KB, 852x1041
>>57346496
>robber breaks into house with gun to kill you and family
>better report him to the authorities
>>
>>57346496
I have to say, the I love Wynne is a nice touch. I hate that bitch.
>>
>>57346496

There are half a billion unregistered guns in circulation in the united states.

You'd have to literally be a mouth breathing retard to think you can prevent someone from arming themselves.

I mean come on, it's 2015.
>>
>>57347590
underrated post
>>
>>57346496
>what exactly are the arguments against gun control?
In a nutshell, the argument against gun control amounts to juvenile citizens who want to disregard their responsibility to defend themselves and their community.
>>
>>57346496

>hoping the cops get to your house before Tyrone stabs you

Just liberal things.
>>
File: 1445059285566.jpg (426 KB, 750x1050) Image search: [Google]
1445059285566.jpg
426 KB, 750x1050
>>
File: 1443235419090.png (377 KB, 537x647) Image search: [Google]
1443235419090.png
377 KB, 537x647
>>57346496
There has never been any proof that gun control laws have any impact on gun violence. The NRA, gun grabbers, and everyone in between have done numerous studies and none of them could link them. Although because of this there is no reason to think tightening or loosening the laws will have an impact on how many people are shot each year, it does not mean that there is absolutely no link. It could be that we just haven't found it yet. If we tighten gun laws and it turns out well then that's awesome. Lives saved. But if we tighten guns laws and it backfires then realistically we can't trust the politicians who passed the laws to admit to making a mistake and reverse their decision. They'd find a scapegoat and not do a damn thing. We've had a decrease in gun violence every year for the past 20 years and the risk of an irreversible increase of gun violence due to political nonsense isn't worth the risk of trying to speed up the decrease.
>>
>>57353286
Anybody else stocked up on 80% lowers?
>inb4 ATF
>>
>>57353749
AKTUALY
Best you can argue is that having liberal (as in free) gun "control" has no to a positive effect on crime rates. As in, having low gun control will either do nothing or reduce your crime. Having strict gun control has invariably led to no change or more crime, most often leading to more crime. Especially among cultures that have a strong militia tradition, as seen in the west.

Frankly I think the issue is that the laws currently on the books are not effective. If we want any sort of gun control, it truly does need to be intelligent. Not this pseudo-intellectual bullshit involving universal background checks that actually hurt people more than help.

Anyway, its the nature of governments to expand their power. It's why we are designed as a republic. The thing holding us back is that too many citizens do not hold their elected officials accountable.
>>
File: dogs.jpg (60 KB, 334x750) Image search: [Google]
dogs.jpg
60 KB, 334x750
>>57353931
Nice try, you didn't fool me ATF man
>>
I live in Idaho. You know what we have? Shitloads of guns. All types. Scoped ones. Semiautomatic ones. Concealed ones. You know what we don't have? Mass shootings.

The argument against gun control is that without basic weaponry at least similar to what the military has, we have lost the fight against government.

We are in a constant, unmentioned power struggle with the state whether people realize it or not. Constant one-upmanship on all fronts; lately they have been winning on the media front and independent thought is all but dead.

Firearms are the hope for the future; the reset switch. They come out when your oppressor starts demanding you house troops or pay taxes without representation. Or, you know, when they just outright start dragging you out of your homes for no reason and gunning you down in the streets. It might not be today, it might not be ten years from now, but the capability must be preserved for the hope of a better future.

Also, this is a fucking city problem. This doesn't happen in ruralville. Go ahead and surrender freedom in your little cosmopolitan wonderlands I guess. But there's no reason for us to conform out here. I simply won't.
>>
>>57356715
Silent majority m80. Don't get me wrong, I think bernie will end up getting elected due to silent majority of poor idiots. HOWEVER, those same poor idiots want their damn guns and will fight for them.

Otherwise I completely agree with you. Give me liberty or give me death.
>>
>>57353931
based ian
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.