[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The SUV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
File: the SUV.png (728 KB, 826x616) Image search: [Google]
the SUV.png
728 KB, 826x616
If I needed an SUV for my private military contractors to massacre retarded people so I can get on TV and push my gun control agenda, what SUV should I pick?
>>
>>57328714
bump
>>
>>57328714
For cargo? Yukon or explorer. Also have the benefit of being built on a conventional frame so they're big and heavy and you can ram shit.

For offroading/ruggedness? Grand Cherokee. Or a Land Rover, which is basically a Grand Cherokee with a heated steering wheel and somehow even more expensive parts.
>>
>>57329010
Jeeps are alot sportier as well, with the srt offering like 500 hp.
>>
>>57329010
I was considering a Toyota Land Cruiser. It is important to stimulate the Asian economy, and they may have a hybrid in the works.
>>
File: 323.png (80 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
323.png
80 KB, 240x240
>>57328714
>Implying anything will change from this.
If they wanted to push a serious agenda they would've picked a larger, softer target.
>>
>>57329286
um I heard that Jeeps have poor reliability issues. Can you speak some more about that. They also don't seem to be very energy efficient. Uh um, we really need to consider the environment here.
>>
>>57328714
Top pic is Ford. Bottom is Chevy.
>>
>>57329425
I guess if that's what's important to you? I've heard they're good trucks.
>>
File: obama thinking.jpg (21 KB, 460x307) Image search: [Google]
obama thinking.jpg
21 KB, 460x307
>>57329560
Well, sir, you have the floor. What softer, larger target do you suggest?
>>
BAN HIGH-CAPACITY SUVS
>>
File: jeep_grand_cherokee_srt_23.jpg (220 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
jeep_grand_cherokee_srt_23.jpg
220 KB, 720x480
>>57328714
if that picture is trying to say those two vehicles are the same, they aren't. the top suv is clearly a ford whereas the bottom secret service vehicle (and all federal service vehicles for that matter) are GM brand (Chevy, GMC, Cadillac)
The big confusion coming from this whole shooting going on is the fact that they said that the vehicle the people were fleeing in was a GMC yukon before this picture of the supposed suspects vehicle came up, which is a ford.
To answer your question though, and assuming unlimited budget, i'd go hellcat cherokee. 707 horsepower and the whole shootout is probably not gonna last long enough for the shitty chrysler parts to break apart.
>>
>>57329663
Well, you see I'm really trying to pin down which truck will protect the environment, as well as stimulate economies in diverse countries, on top of being able to swiftly deploy mercenaries to shoot police and the developmentally disabled.
>>
Ford Broncos. Pick them up for a dime a dozen and they're incredibly nimble 4x4s. The top comes off so you could rig up a quick release system to pop the roof up/off and shoot.
>>
>>57329594
Jeep engines are very solid. The electrical components and whatnot can give problems, and worse, nearly all parts are more expensive for jeeps.

Overall though, if you maintain them and buy quality parts, they are just as reliable as the next car. The Grand Cherokee is an icon that has been hugely popular for 25+ years, it's not a shit car.

And if your idea of reliability means never getting stuck in any climate or terrain, they're tough to beat except for maybe the aforementioned Land Rover.
>>
>>57329869
What kind of envrionmental impact will that 707 horsepower engine have? Does it come in a hybrid or EV model?
>>
>>57329594
Old jeeps that have the AMC Straight 6 Cyl engine are indestructable. Not to mention some pretty awesome transfer case options.
Buy any Early-90s or before Cherokee (not Grand Cherokee) or Wrangler with the straight 6 and after some minor repairs to counter age, knobbies, and depending on the model a lift can get you anywhere.
And yes they are going to be underpowered compared to modern vehicles, these engines are massive 4L 6 cyls that have low compression and make an unimpressive sub 200hp.
But they are full of torque and damn near indestructible if you keep up with oil and wear items.
>>
>>57330407
"no"
>>
File: obama talking.jpg (343 KB, 1536x1022) Image search: [Google]
obama talking.jpg
343 KB, 1536x1022
>>57330597
You're going to need to break this technical talk down a little bit more. You see I was a law professor before this and I really don't know all that much about cars.
>>
>>57330116

>Not considering Chevy

Jeeps are for dikes and faggots.
>>
File: obama scolding.jpg (953 KB, 3223x2417) Image search: [Google]
obama scolding.jpg
953 KB, 3223x2417
>>57331628
Now, there is no need for that kind of talk. Use better words to express yourself

I'm just here trying to talk about get away vehicles for attacking the developmentally disabled. You brought up the gay issue.
>>
>>57331857
nigger
>>
https://youtu.be/_j0eJ0xB7LU
>>
>>57330116
>Jeep engines are very solid
Not anymore my friend the Inline 6 has been gone for years. the 4.7 sucked i have heard fairly decent things about the HEMI though.

Modern jeeps are shit heaps so unless you have money to trade off every 3 years dont buy one.
>>
File: REDPILLINGTON.png (101 KB, 179x287) Image search: [Google]
REDPILLINGTON.png
101 KB, 179x287
Easy there Red Pillington, just because they have close to the same car, that doesn't mean shit
>>
>>57329594
>um I heard that Jeeps have poor reliability issues.

Jeeps are shit, I have a friend who is OCD about maintenance and his Jeeps break all the fucking time anyway.
>>
>>57329594
jeep compass and patriots are known to be shit-tier
>>
>>57332467
>>57332630
tell me more please
>>
>>57328714
Because only the government drives those cars

>so what if the rims and the color don't match, I want to believe, like agent mulder
>>
File: 4RunnerSnow.jpg (177 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
4RunnerSnow.jpg
177 KB, 2048x1536
In the US, best bang for the buck is going to be a fullsize GM SUV (Tahoe, Suburban). Anything from the mid 90s through the mid 2000s is a good value and fairly reliable. Body on frame, solid rear axle. They even get tolerable fuel economy on the highway if you stick with the small block V8. Oh and parts are everywhere and cheap.

For my own purposes, this old 4Runner of mine gets me by pretty well. Also a body on frame, truck based SUV with a rugged and durable engine/transmission/axles/transfer case. Parts are almost Chevy-cheap and very available. Commonly seen in Afghanistan.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.