[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Study: Gender is a social construct
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: sn-genderbrain[1].jpg (54 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
sn-genderbrain[1].jpg
54 KB, 600x338
>So in the new study, researchers led by Daphna Joel, a behavioral neuroscientist at Tel Aviv University in Israel, tried to be as comprehensive as possible. Using existing sets of MRI brain images, they measured the volume of gray matter (the dark, knobby tissue that contains the core of nerve cells) and white matter (the bundles of nerve fibers that transmit signals around the nervous system) in the brains of more than 1400 individuals. They also studied data from diffusion tensor imaging, which shows how tracts of white matter extend throughout the brain, connecting different regions.

>The team found a few structural differences between men and women. The left hippocampus, for example, an area of the brain associated with memory, was usually larger in men than in women. In each region, however, there was significant overlap between males and females; some women had a larger or more male-typical left hippocampus, for example, while the hippocampus of some men was smaller than that of the average female.

>So how to explain the idea that males and females seem to behave differently? That too may be a myth, Joel says. Her team analyzed two large datasets that evaluated highly gender stereotypical behaviors, such as playing video games, scrapbooking, or taking a bath. Individuals were just as variable for these measures: Only 0.1% of subjects displayed only stereotypically-male or only stereotypically-female behaviors.

>“There is no sense in talking about male nature and female nature,” Joel says. “There is no one person that has all the male characteristics and another person that has all the female characteristics. Or if they exist they are really, really rare to find.”

http://news.sciencemag.org/brain-behavior/2015/11/brains-men-and-women-aren-t-really-different-study-finds

>/pol/ btfo
>>
>>57320380
>Tel Aviv University
>Israel
>Daphna Joel

just jewish science people, nothing to pay attention to here
>>
>>57320380
>Tel Aviv University in Israel,
>>
File: 1385723560094.gif (11 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
1385723560094.gif
11 KB, 501x585
>>57320380
>Tel Aviv University in Israel
>>
>>57320380
>“There is no one person that has all the male characteristics and another person that has all the female characteristics. Or if they exist they are really, really rare to find.”

who claimed this?

sounds like they're admitting males have more male characteristics and females have more female characteristics
>>
>I just noticed an new article in PNAS – research by Daphna Joel a behavioral neuroscientist at Tel Aviv University. Using MRI, she concludes that the brains of men and women aren’t really different. She suggests that the notion that men and women behave differently may be a myth.

>She is, of course, utterly full of shit. It’s fountaining out of every pore: her hair will never go gray. We know of many sex differences in the brain – not just volume, not just the fraction of gray matter vs white matter, not just big differences in the incidences of neuropsychiatric disorders like autism and anorexia nervosa. In a few cases (like CAH, or androgen sensitivity, or maybe Turner’s syndrome) we know something about the developmental mechanisms involved. We see analogous differences in animal models: and no, it’s not culture.

>If you want to determine a brain’s sex from MRI data (without cheating by looking at the Y chromosome) you build a statistical discriminator – you don’t create a continuum of “femaleness” to “maleness,” for the entire brain and score every individual region-by-region to find out where they fall on that male-to-female continuum.

>Moreover, similarity in gross anatomy does not ensure similar behavioral tendencies. If I compared the brain of a pit bull with that of a similar-sized border collie, I doubt if I could see the behavioral differences in the size of the amygdala or whatever. Those behavioral differences exist, they’re innate, they have a physical/genetic basis – but at the moment I couldn’t tell you what brain differences to look for. Could be differences in the distribution of neurotransmitter receptors, or differences in axon length, or dendrite connectivity – lots of things, including many that wouldn’t show up on MRI. Many couldn’t be seen by Ramón y Cajal.
>>
>>57321182

https://westhunt.wordpress.com/2015/12/01/sex-and-the-brain/
>>
The main theory for transgenderism being natural is now dead. If there are no male or female specific-brains, then transgenderism is a mental illness.
>>
>>57320380
>So how to explain the idea that males and females seem to behave differently? That too may be a myth, Joel says. Her team analyzed two large datasets that evaluated highly gender stereotypical behaviors, such as playing video games, scrapbooking, or taking a bath. Individuals were just as variable for these measures: Only 0.1% of subjects displayed only stereotypically-male or only stereotypically-female behaviors.
What kind of bullshit is this? Only one or two subjects displayed ONLY male or ONLY female behaviors? So fucking what?

>“There is no sense in talking about male nature and female nature,” Joel says. “There is no one person that has all the male characteristics and another person that has all the female characteristics. Or if they exist they are really, really rare to find.”
So because you can't find a person who is 100% male, ultra macho man, the epitome of masculinity, there "is no sense in talking about male nature." You're saying the idea of male characteristics or typical male behaviors is outmoded because you could not find someone who exhibited ONLY those characteristics. That's nonsense and I'm just a dumb fucking peasant, not a doctorate holder at a university with grant funding.
>>
>>57320380
>zion not hiding anymore

either they're starting to slip up again or they're just going all out before the reckoning

WW3 lads ww@? All the powers are in place boys, batteground is set and proxies and vassals have been decided.

You got maybe one year to shape up, cunts.
>>
>Some people have variations in their brain, but over all a scientist could tell a female brain from a male brain by looking at them, most of the time

>A lot of people bathe, journal and play video games

So there you have it, penises ain't real folks, lets move on, finally! Everyone knows vaginias are a folken lore beast anyways!

I am a man and I took a bath, it's 2015!
>>
Then how are trannies "born that way"?
>>
>>57320380
>I'm gonna only look at the things that are similar and ignore anything different.

Nice job. This is like studying noses to conclude there's no differences between genders.
>>
File: lolcat5.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
lolcat5.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>>57320380
> Behavioral neuroscientist = psychologist
> Not mentioning sry in hypothalamus
> Because ingroup variance is high, we can ignore between group differences
> Males having 1sd larger brains being consistently found does not matter
> Nor that male and female brains work in metabolic different ways
Nice try being as comprehensive as possible.
>>
>>57320380
>Tel Aviv University in Israel
>>
>>57321862
Can you disprove that I have a penis, and I took a bath?

Game over, patriarchy!
>>
>>57320380
there's a way to get a loli with some shit thinking like this?
>>
File: 1422295797906.png (57 KB, 151x163) Image search: [Google]
1422295797906.png
57 KB, 151x163
No but really

Why is it always the fucking jews?

Really tho, why?
>>
>>57321260
uh oh
>>
>>57320380
Maybe it isn't the brain. Maybe it is the fact women bleed once a month. I imagine that would fuck me up mentally.
>>
>Be a delusional fuck who dismisses scientific studies as Jewish propaganda
>Be a mentally ill trans

I don't even want to be either one of these people.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 600x400
>>57322275
Because they are a moral upright people who love truth!
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.