[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does having a small population make a country first world? >China
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_mz8sjlqQVO1rx1c7ao1_400.gif (2 MB, 350x594) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mz8sjlqQVO1rx1c7ao1_400.gif
2 MB, 350x594
Does having a small population make a country first world?

>China and India are overpopulated
>Switzerland, Finland and Denmark have small populations
>>
>>57298370
I wonder.
>>
"First world" refers to America and her allies. It has nothing do to with population size.
>>
jesus christ youre retarded ameribro
>>
>>57298566
This.
>>
>>57298370
We have a pretty small population in relation to our size... so no, not necessarily.
>>
>>57298370
Next time ask your retarded question in the google search box.
>>
>>57298370
small population is a symptom of wealth, not a cause of it.
>>
>>57298370
Papua New Guinea and Haiti have small populations, yet they're shitholes.
>>
>>57298370
As a country becomes more advanced, the birthrates drop.
>>
>>57298370

God I wish I could have that semen demon, even for just one night.
>>
>>57298566
kek
>>
>>57298566

>he thinks the US is first world

>>57298370

Due to the small nations and therefore limited space, Europe has had very "modern" approaches to population control and family planing since WW2.

Lastly, due to the small sizes of countries in Europe, infrastructure and education are easier to maintain and fund, therefore you end up with great countries that prosper and innovate.

The USA is probably the only country in the world that allows for both prosperity and huge population, due to recourses and size. That being said, the gulf between rich and poor in the US is increasing and education is shit.

>tl:dr yes, size of countries allows for better quality of life
>>
>>57298370

Yes. Read "The European Miracle: Environments, Economies and Geopolitics in the History of Europe and Asia".

One of the factors is a low European birth rate and the use of technology to make up for a low population.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.