[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's the objectively best religion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: religion-tiers.png (214 KB, 747x1592) Image search: [Google]
religion-tiers.png
214 KB, 747x1592
what's the objectively best religion?
>>
All of them are shit-tier.

t. atheist
>>
>Regardless of denomination

Protestantism is too heretical m8, Catholics are okay, but Orthodoxy is the true faith
>>
>>57295532
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRwXrcz-F9M
>>
Islam is also a part of satanic teir
>>
what a shit chart
>>
>what species of dog's shit tastes best?
>>
>>57295867
>protestants

>heresy

>Catholicism

>okay

This shows you don't know anything about either and are just an elitist, more so a want to be elitist as the Orthodox church as well as the Catholic church has been infiltrated and destroyed.

>worshiping idols

>praying to saints

>revering Mary
>>
Any religion reformed so that it doesn't allow itself to infringe on other's rights.

Atheism and Islam are honestly the only shit tier beliefs. Jews as a race are bad, but the religion is redeemable.

>inb4 angry fedora tippers get triggered
>>
File: denom.jpg (75 KB, 960x761) Image search: [Google]
denom.jpg
75 KB, 960x761
>>57296634
I know you're just another shitposting Prottie but at least try to do some research on the church fathers before making completely unfounded statements

pic related is you
>>
>>57296725
This is true, paganism is also shit.
>>
>>57295647
>>57296601
strayas keeping it real
>>
>>57296350

satanism isnt devil worship moron,its more of an idea but really there is no deity worship at all

islam is worse than satanism...satanism is basically atheism with bells and whistles to be edgy and piss off the religotards kek
>>
>>57295532
I have my own religion but if I had to describe it a little it would be agnostism with a bit of shintoism, bit of bouddhism, a bit of hindu and a bit of deus vult
>>
>>57295867

Dunno, i feel like protestantism in USA is really fucked up, because it's much more better here.
>>
>>57296931
>breaking commandments

>not heresy

You are so dense.
>>
>>57296725

kikified amerikike detected
>>
File: oath_of_druids1.jpg (180 KB, 624x468) Image search: [Google]
oath_of_druids1.jpg
180 KB, 624x468
>>57295532
>Christianity
Catholics rip off druid trinity belief system even the Jesus prophecy bit, then genocide the druids and bards, and rip off bits and pieces of other pagans
>>
>>57297168
European Protestants are okay, I at least get where you're coming from

american evangelicals and liberal Episcopals are the worst though

>>57297196
explain to me how having a picture of Jesus is idolatry, unless of course you consider the photo of your family in your wallet idolatry as well
>>
the edgyness on this board.

Christianity=Islam=Judaism

If followed TRULY then they're basically all the same.

You can't reform the words of your god.
>>
>>57297418
But which book has things which turned out to be scientific fact in them?

Oh, that's right, The Holy Bible.
>>
File: christ chan tip harder.jpg (314 KB, 1750x693) Image search: [Google]
christ chan tip harder.jpg
314 KB, 1750x693
>>57297592
>>
File: 1448138364600.jpg (321 KB, 1302x1296) Image search: [Google]
1448138364600.jpg
321 KB, 1302x1296
>Now choose spiderman!
>>
>>57297508
Anything can become a product of idolatry.

Once you start requiring it to live happily.

Explain to me how praying to saints isn't heresy.
Explain to me how revering Mary isn't heresy.

Jesus was God.
We praise the Lord and the Savior.
>>
>>57296725
You can't reform the words of god m8

Christianity followed tooth and nail is would probably cause some major shitstorms on this planet.

Maybe even worse than isis
>>
>>57297586
NO THEY ARE NOT.

>>57297838
Are you trying to insult me?
>>
File: mr reality.jpg (42 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
mr reality.jpg
42 KB, 512x512
>>57297592
The old testament is a rip off of Egyptian ideas concepts and beliefs taken by those who became the Jews during the exodus from egypt the new testament is a rip off of things from druidic colleges which then were manipulated and the colleges burned, the snakes st peter chased out of Ireland a country with no snakes ever being on it is a term for the druids as it has to do with the astrological belief systems
>>
>>57298020
Obviously you don't know anything about Christianity.

Stop posting.

Not even Australia and it's this bad.
>>
>>57298134
The bible is more brutal and the Quran
>>
File: christ chan missale romanum.png (432 KB, 2028x1576) Image search: [Google]
christ chan missale romanum.png
432 KB, 2028x1576
>>57298134
>Are you trying to insult me?
no
>>
>>57298134
After Judah pays Tamar for her services, he is told that she "played the harlot" and "is with child by whoredom." When Judah hears this, he says, "Bring her forth, and let her be burnt. 38:24
>>
>>57298317
You can't prove any of that.

Anyway, none of that has anything to do with the Apostles which is where most of the things which turned out to be scientific fact came from.

That and some from Job and Isaiah.
>>
>>57297962
>Explain to me how praying to saints isn't heresy.

Because the original church, aka the Orthodox Church, the one founded by the apostles, has clearly outlined that asking saints such as Mary (who, by the way, the Bible says are alive in Christ, as well as Paul referring to the Great Cloud of Witnesses) is fine, just like asking a friend to pray for us

>Jesus was God.

If you're implying that Jesus is no more, or that he lost his physical form after his Ascension, that is literally heretical
>>
>>57298482
No, it's not.

Now stop posting.
>>
>>57298689
>what man has said

vs

>the word of God and God's law a.k.a. the Commandments.

Yep, have fun you heretic.
>>
>>57298735
Sure it is. its' littered with executions and murders and burnings.

want me to quote you some? Cause i can.
>>
>>57298689
Listen, if you can prove to me somehow, how that is not heresy, I will gladly listen.

I only care for truth and the truth led me to Protestantism.

You believe Mary can be used as an intermediary to God.

That's complete heresy.
>>
>>57298886
you still haven't explained how asking the departed who are alive in christ to pray for us disobeys any of God's commands
>>
>>57299123
All of the can be explained.

>pretending to be an authoritative figure on the Bible

You are definitely Muslim scum and you should get out of this thread.
>>
>>57297018
Paganism is, eh, to me. Modern day paganism comes off as incredibly New Age. Which I am also against.
>>57297394
>France
New the fedora tippers were going to be upset
>>57298020
Yeah, but nobody completely understands which parts are contextual or do not apply anymore. This is like say Math/ Physics aren't true because we change our understanding based on new evidence, lad.
>>
>>57299247
*knew, sorry, spell check.
>>
>>57297592
What was scientific in the Bible?
Was it the massive worldwide flood that never happened or was it the part where a woman turned into a pillar of salt? Maybe it was the talking snake?
>>
>>57299146
Read this.

https://carm.org/praying-saints-biblical
>>
>>57299238
i mean if you can explain burning your wife and killing your children cause god told you to.

Sounds a lot like Isis desu. I'm glad christianity was squashed and revamped to ignore the brutal commands of your god in the bible. I bet there would be a lot more brutalities coming from christians if the bible was followed tooth and nail. Kinda like during the crusade days, and the conquistadors.
Spreading religion by the sword and gun thats all.
>>
>>57299330
The flood did happen.

Here are only 4 of the instances.

1. Only in recent years has science discovered that everything we see is composed of invisible atoms. Here, Scripture tells us that the "things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."

2. Medical science has only recently discovered that blood-clotting in a newborn reaches its peak on the eighth day, then drops. The Bible consistently says that a baby must be circumcised on the eighth day.

3. At a time when it was believed that the earth sat on a large animal or a giant (1500 B.C.), the Bible spoke of the earth’s free float in space: "He...hangs the earth upon nothing" (Job 26:7).

4. The prophet Isaiah also tells us that the earth is round: "It is he that sits upon the circle of the earth" (Isaiah 40:22). This is not a reference to a flat disk, as some skeptic maintain, but to a sphere. Secular man discovered this 2,400 years later. At a time when science believed that the earth was flat, is was the Scriptures that inspired Christopher Columbus to sail around the world
>>
>>57298672
>Old Testament
Christians are not told to emulate the Old Testament people, m80. Christians strive to emulate Christ.
Muslims, on the other hand, are told to follow the example of their prophet, who is declared perfect in several verses. And he raped, killed, enslaved and plundered.
>>
>>57299247
can't revamp the words of god m8. Sure you can take those violent passages look at them in a brighter light but doesn't change the fact that they're violent.

Point is, both the two major religions, islam and christianity can be good or bad based on interpretation.
>>
>>57299644
There are several books out there already addressing all of these things.

I'm sure you could find what you seek on the internet.

>asking me to explain

Even, if I did, you wouldn't believe me and you would ask for me.

Not going to bother.
>>
>>57299330
There was a localized flood that happened. But most Academic Theologians have taken the Bible allegorically since... it was first written.
>>
>>57299864
Violent based on what standard?

If you don't believe in God there is no objective standard for you to say that.

You Atheist retards need to sit on God's lap in order to slap Him in the face.

Really annoying tb h f am
>>
>>57299653
You're really going to believe a prehistoric bedtime story like that? What has your past done to you to deserve that? Haha
>>
File: heresy.jpg (118 KB, 500x661) Image search: [Google]
heresy.jpg
118 KB, 500x661
>>57295532
>Alpha Tier
Catholicism
>High Tier
Orthodoxy
Buddhism
Zoroastrianism
>Mid Tier
mainstream Protestantism
Anglicanism
Shinto
Hinduism
>Low Tier
Ancient/Classical Paganism
>Omega Tier
Islam
Evangelicalism
neo-Paganism
Scientology
>Absolutely Haram
Judaism
Atheism
>>
>>57300075
I don't believe.

I know.

There is plenty of evidence to show it too.

I was not raised religious or forced to go to Church.

I did for a while though.

I had some hard questions that my church struggled to answer when I was only 9.

Some of the hardest questions which usually refrain people from believing in Christ.

I strayed from God's word and went through a very dark time.

I later came back and decided to research heavily the truth of the Bible.
You would be surprised with how much evidence there is to support it.
>>
>>57295532
You forgot to put Mormons in the KVLT tier.
>>
>>57300511
>Catholicism

>Complete Heresy

>alpha tier

topkek
>>
>>57295532
Baha'i Faith
>>
>>57299979

Localized.

That covered the highest mountains at the time.

And took a year to recede.

And killed everything on the earth.

Localized.

kek
>>
>>57295532

The one with the highest attainable upside.
>>
Buddhism.

If you believe in a religion that was created to control the population, you're a full blown retard.
>>
>>57300631

It's ponderous how the entire planet is covered in layers of dried mud, sedimentary rock, from sediment, from the flood, and yet people will not see the obvious.

You can even show them the calculations that no major river on earth has more than 4,600 years of accumulated silt in its delta, and they just laugh and blindly stumble away.

There truly are none so blind as those who will not see.
>>
Orthodox is highly glorious.
Catholicism is a militarized version of orthodoxy.
Which is even more glorious.
God wants warriors and heroes, not sheep.
>>
>>57295867
orthodoxy has really intrigued me, can you give me a run down on their beliefs and such.

it would be appreciated senpai.
>>
>>57295867

"Protestant" doesn't exist; it's a Catholic meme for "Christians".

Catholics don't call us Christians, because it's a tacit admission that they are not Christians themselves.

And by being a born again Christian, who will never bend the knee to Rome, the Whore of Babylon, well, I'll suffer with the Whore calling me a "heretic".

All it means is that I stand against the Whore of Babylon, and I do so gladly.
>>
>>57295532
>No Judaism...
>Islam is okay-tier

Shit hierarchy, desu.
>>
>>57301556

Water washes away sin.
Oil causes the Holy Spirit to enter into you, once you are baptized in water in their church, as only their church is saved.

The difference is that instead of 1 pope, they have 10. They're just as lost as the Catholics.

They're two legs on the same statue. Literally.
>>
>>57299653
>At a time when science believed that the earth was flat, is was the Scriptures that inspired Christopher Columbus to sail around the world
Flat-earthism was a marginal point of view by then. Earth being spherical was proved by Greek classical scholars, as affirmed by Aristotle, held in great esteem by medieval scientists.
The Globus Cruciger is proof of that:
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globus_cruciger
Medieval Europeans believed in a spherical Earth, just not necessarily one with land on the antipodes.

The idea that "medieval Christians believed the earth was flat" was a myth perpetuated by Americans in the 20th century, along with other myths of the "evil dark ages":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_Flat_Earth
>>
>>57301397
It's really sad.

Romans 1:22
>>
>>57295647
And you are a redditor
>>
>>57301848

The larger point is that the bible is always right, and "science" is always wrong. And "science" is always proven to be wrong, a generation or two down the road.

God delights in confounding the "wise".
>>
>>57297592
Still less facts then any random Norse writing.
Also theres more, and it was around longer.
>>
>>57301645
>>57301836
You seem to be much more well versed than I am.

Have any recommendations as far as books to read?

Websites to visit?

I would greatly appreciate it and I am always looking to move closer to God.
>>
>>57301885
Aye. Peter declared that for a man to believe in science over the bible, it was required that he disregard both the Creation and the Flood.

And we see that playing out today, where the Creation and the Flood have been relegated to "children's bedtime stories" by Strayans.
>>
>>57301556
ignoring the shitposter, basically we're the other 4 chuches who didn't agree with the pope back in 1054 and thus kept going in our own way after Rome left.

We follow the Nicene Creed and the Seven Ecumenical Councils, and we believe salvation is both a choice we make and a process we are working through.

I highly recommend visiting a local church if you can, some aren't in English but that's changing slowly, they're all very nice people. Just don't take communion while you're there - ask the priest after the service if you'd like to know why.
>>
>>57295532
A dead one
>>
>>57302178
The two seminal books are Alexander Hislop's "The Two Babylons" and Dave Hunt's "A Woman Rides The Beast".

A whistleblower Jesuit named Malachi Martin also wrote a series of very telling books, including "A Windswept House" and "Keys of This Blood".
>>
>>57302051
No Norse writing produced any scientific facts.

Please stop.

>>57301848
I never said medieval Christians believed the Earth was flat. Quite the opposite.
>>
>>57300511
>Zoroastrianism
About time someone recognizes. Way better than shit tier protestantism and evangelicalism.
>>
>>57302328

There is actually a serbian orthodox church located in my downtown district which i will be visiting.

thank you for your time and answer i appreciate that senpai.
>>
File: atheism is autism.jpg (127 KB, 494x640) Image search: [Google]
atheism is autism.jpg
127 KB, 494x640
>>
>Synagogue of Satan
There are no "Fake Jews." History records them as nation-wrecking loan sharks as far back as Ancient Greece. The Mosaic Laws give them explicit instruction to loan on interest to non-Jews. Founding Christians, who were 100% Jews, used "Synagogue of Satan," and "Those who say they are Jews but are not" to refer to the Goyim who were picking up their religion. We are not and will never be Jews. We have abandoned the ways of our forefathers to "Eat the Scraps"(Matthew 15:27) of Israel.
>>
>>57302238
Science is bringing us closer and closer to that truth.

Someone is trying to bury it though.

Not to mention all of the evidence against evolution.

The only reason they still teach that garbage in schools(which is severely outdated) is because the only other alternative is Creation.
>>
File: 1446250929762.jpg (315 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446250929762.jpg
315 KB, 1920x1080
Hermetic Kabbalah is interesting, as is Buddhism. Zen is wonderful. Why is it that some Christians on this site have to be so condescending an in your face about the purity and absolutism of their faith?
>>
File: Faravahar.svg.png (181 KB, 1280x686) Image search: [Google]
Faravahar.svg.png
181 KB, 1280x686
>>57295532
Some heathens are alright
>>
>>57302238
>>57301885
In which Atheists who have done no extensive research into Christian theology beyond what they hear cuc k comedians and Richard Dawkins say make a claim that religious people are stupid because the Bible is allegorical.
>>
File: 1448689496104.png (461 KB, 640x1000) Image search: [Google]
1448689496104.png
461 KB, 640x1000
>>57302450
Thanks for sharing.

Here is a list someone composed.

Maybe you haven't read some of them, maybe all of them.
>>
>>57301556
some advice from a developing orthodox christian

do not discuss religion on the internet ever. do not go on forums to discuss religion. do not go on 4chan or reddit to discuss religion. do not ever mention religion in your facebook/twitter posts. it will get you fucking no where. everywhere you will be lambasted by atheists who think you're super dumb for trying to figure the world out, jews who hate you for not being jewish, ungrateful muslims who will readily accept your defense of them but spit in your face if you expect the same, and other christians who are overly concerned with making sure you don't get too excited about your religion (read: your eternal salvation)

if you want to learn orthodoxy, go outside. go to a church and talk to the priest. talk to a real person.
>>
>>57302590
Good luck to you my friend.

Another thing to keep in mind is to wear comfortable shoes - you'll be standing for most if not all of the service. If you're shy or just socially awkward, nobody will mind if you just chill in the back and observe.

My chuch is Antiochian (and yeah... there's more of us in the US now than in Syria, for obvious reasons) but the Serbian one should be very similar. If you want to participate during the service, crossing yourself when everyone else does will make 90% of the people not even notice you're new. We cross top-bottom-right-left (catholics go top-bottom-left-right) if you're into that sort of thing.
>>
>>57302936
I'm actually surprised we haven't been raided by them yet.

This has been a great thread so far.
>>
>>57295532
the one with the least number of followers
>>
>>57303053
I also completely agree with this anon, believe me the Internet brings out the worst in people, including many Orthodox. Only use it for scholarly research on the subject, never discussion. If you have a question, a priest is ALWAYS the place to go. Those guys know so much it's crazy.
>>
>>57295532
>regardless of denomination
>Matthew 16:18
>And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it.

non-Catholics btfo
non-Catholics on damnation watch
>>
>>57303053
>don't spread the word of God

Complete and absolute heresy
>>
>>57303053

Thanks for your input, and im defiantly in agreement with you on your advice. thank you.

>>57303068

Thank you for your input senpai.

is there any way you could compile maybe a small reading list for me ?
>>
National Socialist Satanism:
666blacksun.net
>>
>>57303461
>Catholics pray to Saints
>Catholics revere Mary

>Not heresy
>>
File: Screenshot (41).png (171 KB, 1341x639) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (41).png
171 KB, 1341x639
>>57301645
The whore of babylon refers to the sect that was literally born and written in babylon. It's not actually a metaphor, but just colorful language.

>the truth is right fucking in front of you
>>
>>57302328

I may be wrong about it but I like that Orthodox Christianity looks solely to the original scripture for the conception of hell rather than adopting the innovations of later thinkers. Hell, much of the popular Catholic and Protestant view of hell is based off the layman Dante's writings. At least reading about it right now the Orthodox conception of hell seems far more fitting to the nature of God and Christ than the ridiculously punitive notion in the Western Christianity. Where hell is a place of imposed torture and brutality for failing to bow and scrap to God, while in the Orthodox view the suffering of hell is simply the sinful's innate reaction to the presence of God. It's not cackling demons and devils dancing about with pitchforks but rather the pain of self-imposed exile. That notion can even start to challenge my core value regarding faith - that I can't believe in a religion where the virtuous nonbeliever suffers as fully as the sinful nonbeliever. It's still an issue for me with Orthodoxy since I don't believe one can be redeemed after death (say, with something like purgatory or the benign treatment of nonbelievers in Mormonism) but at least the suffering is much more 'personal' - you are not punished for failing to bow and scrap before god but suffering is simply the state of being without God's light.
>>
>>57302459
Oh, alright. I assumed from this:
>At a time when science believed that the earth was flat
I guess you're referring to scripture stating that well before the Greeks thought about it. My bad then, misread.

Medieval Europe gets slandered a lot. Collapses of empires are followed by periods of instability. Europe was forced to deal with the Hun and Muslim invasions, civil war and plague epidemics - of course the living standard would have dropped.

Centuries later people would perpetuate myths on how "evil and ignorant the dark ages were, it was all because of those asshole christians!!"
>>
>>57302178

As to websites, Aaron Budjen's living god ministries dot net has all of his radio shows archived, and he's the best (at least on the gospel, and living a Christian life) that I've ever found.
>>
>>57303966
We would still be in the dark ages if it wasn't for Christians.
>>
>>57295532
Not seeking direct conection to God
Common is the current year

Gnosticsm is the best way to GOD
>>
>>57299653
A worldwide flood did not happen.

Atoms are made up of other contituent parts.

dont know shit about circumcision other than it's medically bad.

the earth is not free floating in space, please go back to high school to study the sun's gravity well

and finally, the earth is not round, it's an oblate spheroid.

gg no re
>>
>>57302585

Zoroaster was just a Persian who believed the jewish tanakh that the jews took with them into captivity.

He just added some pagan fire god nonsense, likely from his first religious experience.

He was basically a Jewish convert.
>>
>>57303811
>Not heresy
It's not. The Pope said so.
>>
Bible scholars are aware that Jesus Christ denounced the Pharisees. He said they nullified all the Commandments of God by their Tradition, "teaching for doctrines the commandments of men" (Mark 7:13; Matt. 15:6-9, etc.). His invective, in truth, cannot be equalled. All of Matthew 23 is like a whiplash. He likened Pharisaism to a whited sepulchre, indeed beautiful outwardly, but "inside full of dead men's bones and of all uncleanness." Christ climaxed one condemnation after another with the expletive, "Hypocrites!" He called the Pharisees children of them that killed the Prophets. He foretold they would go on killing, crucifying and persecuting until the guilt for all the righteous blood shed from Abel on down would be upon them. "Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?" Christ asked.
Christ is as utterly devastating of Pharisaism in the record of John 8. Although He admitted that His hearers were descendants of Abraham, He said they were, spiritually, of the devil. Christ told them:

>Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because the truth is not in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar and the father of it (John 8:44).
>>
>>57302328

Go ahead and dissect my post as to what you believe, and tell me wherein lies the error.

Or do you have nothing but ad hominems?
>>
File: the_ecstasy_of_saint_theresa.jpg (98 KB, 485x700) Image search: [Google]
the_ecstasy_of_saint_theresa.jpg
98 KB, 485x700
Catholicism is the only rational form of Christianity.

If I have an immortal soul and its salvation depends upon my having faith in Jesus Christ, I need a rule of faith to determine what IS of the faith and what ISN'T of the faith (e.g. is the Blessed Trinity a truth of faith preached by Jesus Christ, or is it not?)

The Protestant rule of faith is Sacred Scripture alone. This is absolutely insufficient, because Sacred Scripture cannot speak for itself. No matter how much you insist on Sacred Scripture being "easy to interpret", or appeal to the Holy Spirit enlightening whomever reads the Scriptures, the fact is that they are shrouded in mystery, and when you set two people to the task of interpreting them you will hardly ever get identical interpretations. This means that Protestantism will always split into countless sects, because all one needs is a new interpretation of Scripture to start a new sect.

The Orthodox rule of faith is Sacred Scripture, and Tradition mostly embodied in the first 7 Ecumenical Councils. This suffers from the same basic problem as Protestantism - the texts of the first 7 Ecumenical Councils do not speak for themselves. This is the basic problem - we need a LIVING, SPEAKING AUTHORITY to interpret Scripture and Tradition for us.

The Catholic rule of faith - which is the only consistent rule of faith - is Sacred Scripture and Tradition embodied in all the ecumenical councils from the first to the last (Vatican II), AND the Living Magisterium (or teaching authority) of the Papacy and the College of Bishop in union with the Pope. This is the only Church that claims to be able to speak with the authority of Christ IN THE PRESENT DAY. And if I have an immortal soul and my salvation depends on accepting a doctrine of faith, I need an infallible, divine authority to tell me what is the true faith and it was heresy leading to perdition, as I CANNOT risk my immortal soul on mere human authority, even when it is based on Scripture or Tradition.
>>
>>57302714

That's just another of sciences many lies.

When you're always wrong, you're always wrong.
>>
"But," says the disinterested Christian, "what has that to do with us today? What a group of Pharisees did two thousand years ago is over and done with!"

However, the missing link in Christian understanding on the subject of "Pharisees" is best supplied by the Universal Jewish Encyclopedia (1943):

The Jewish religion as it is today traces its descent, without a break, through all the centuries, from the Pharisees. Their leading ideas and methods found expression in a literature of enormous extent, of which a very great deal is still in existence. The Talmud is the largest and most important single piece of that literature … and the study of it is essential for any real understanding of Pharisaism.
Concerning the Pharisees, the 1905 Jewish Encyclopedia says:

With the destruction of the Temple (70 A.D.) the Sadducees disappeared altogether, leaving the regulation of all Jewish affairs in the hands of the Pharisees. Henceforth, Jewish life was regulated by the Pharisees; the whole history of Judaism was reconstructed from the Pharisaic point of view, and a new aspect was given to the Sanhedrin of the past. A new chain of tradition supplanted the older priestly tradition (Abot 1:1). Pharisaism shaped the character of Judaism and the life and thought of the Jew for all the future. (See Exhibit 264 herein.)
>>
>>57303693
Online:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Orthodox_Church

This will give you a basic overview of the Church, though being Wikipedia it might be a little too overwhelming.

Offline:
Kallistos Ware wrote two great books: The Orthodox Church, and The Orthodox Way. The Orthodox Church is basically just church history, and is worth a read. The Orthodox Way is a very nice summation of Orthodox beliefs, written in a very readable way, very similar to CS Lewis in fact. It's not very dense, so anyone can get a grip on it.

Peter Gillquist (former CCC leader) wrote a short little book called Becoming Orthodox. It's probably the best place to start if you're an absolute newbie.

>>57303958
I may be wrong as I'm not a theologian, but I don't think there's anything Orthodox that says we KNOW the dead can be redeemed. We simply don't know God's ultimate plan, but we know He is graceful and merciful and desires the salvation of all man, so we do pray for the departed anyway in the hope of their, and our, salvation.
>>
>>57303966
Are you Protestant?
>>
>>57301397
>You can even show them the calculations that no major river on earth has more than 4,600 years of accumulated silt in its delta

What calculations are these, exactly?
>>
>>57297838
Is this a bait? Half of these principles are wrong while most others are pretty obvious for any sane person. Even back in the days.
>>
>>57303929
The bible reveals that she is a city, built upon seven hills, who rules over the kingdoms of mankind at the time of the writing of Revelation.

And the same Revelation shows her destruction, in one hour, with fire from heaven, during the reign of the antichrist, and prior to the Second Coming.
>>
You may ascertain by turning to top Jewish authorities today that the Babylonian Talmud, the written form of the Tradition of the Pharisees, is the sole authority of the so-called "Jewish" religion, or Judaism.

Rabbi Louis Finklestein was chosen in 1937 by the Kehillas (Jewish communities) of the World as one of the top 120 Jews best representing "a lamp of Judaism" to the World, together with Maxim Litvinov (Finklestein), the Communist Commissar and bank robber terrorist; atheist communist Albert Einstein; those indefatigable Marxist reds, Harold Laski and his friend Felix Frankfurter (U.S. Supreme Court Justice) who shared honors with Rabbi Finklestein and others. Finklestein has long headed the Jewish Theological Seminary of America, with branches in New York and Los Angeles. In his two-volume work "The Pharisees." Rabbi Finklestein writes:

Pharasaism became Talmudism … But the spirit of the ancient Pharisee survives unaltered. When the Jew … studies the Talmud, he is actually repeating the arguments used in the Palestinian academies. From Palestine to Babylonia; from Babylonia to North Africa, Italy. Spain, France and Germany; from these to Poland. Russia and Eastern Europe generally, ancient Pharasaism has wandered. (See Exhibit 1, Exhibit 2, and Exhibit 3 herein.)
>>
>>57304468
It did happen.

I'm sorry you were brain washed.

We can only detect atoms with lasers, they cannot be seen.

The Earth is definitely floating in space, because of Gravity.

The Earth is definitely round.

gg no re
>>
>>57304740
That's definitely something I've considered before, however the main problem I've seen in Catholicism is that the supremacy of the Pope seems to come above anything else. For example they allow Eastern Catholics to use the Filioque without the "And the Son" part, but it is in fact a very important distinction. They allow them to have married priests and use leavened bread too.

To me, at least, the Catholic Church's desire for ecumenism comes at the expense of doctrine, even doctrine that is frankly a problem if two parties believe something different.
>>
>>57304444

Having God live in you is the best way to God.

In fact, it is the only way to God.

Super secret spooky knowledge will not get you to God, at all. It will just confuse you, and cause you to be more lost than you already are.
>>
>>57303958
>being without God's light.

I don't want to come off as belligerent but this is not how it is understood in Orthodoxy, but I'm not an expert. Take this with a grain of salt.

Hell in Orthodoxy is not separation, isolation, or detachment from God. In fact, sinners who we determine are "going to Hell" are going the exact same place as those who are "going to Heaven". They are going to God.

But when someone is in poor spiritual health, when they are in love with their possessions, with sex, and drowning in their own pride, they are going to suffer when they lose all those things. When they die and go to God, they have no way to indulge in their materialism anymore; all that is left is God. Where one person will feel warmth and comfort, the sinner will feel that warmth and feel it as burning. When they die, they aren't separated from God, they will simply hate and revile him when they get there, because they have hated God their entire life without even knowing it. They will squirm like a toddler in a loving parent's embrace.
>>
>>57295532
Hinduism and Buddhism, nothing comes close
>>
>>57304928

Thanks again.

My journey will begin tonight senpai.
>>
>>57304635
Peter was the only Pope.

Your new pope said being okay was fine, that evolution happened and is true, and that the big bang also happened and true.

Your Pope is literally Satan.
>>
>>57305492
THIS GUY'S ON POINT.

YOU DON'T EVEN NEED TO BELIEV EIN A GOD

ATHEISTIC HINDUISM FTW
>>
>>57304468
>A worldwide flood did not happen.
Says who, you?

>Atoms are made up of other contituent parts.
Which are also "unseen".

>dont know shit about circumcision other than it's medically bad.
It's a blood covenant; you wouldn't understand.

>the earth is not free floating in space, please go back to high school to study the sun's
gravity well
The earth sits upon invisible pillars, as the bible states. Not elephants, not columns, not turtles, and not "nothing", as you posit.

>and finally, the earth is not round, it's an oblate spheroid.
The bible says it is a sphere. Maybe take into account the world was changed by the Flood, by the hydrostatic pressure of more than a mile of water on the earth. By the erupting of all of the volcanoes on earth. By the opening up of all of the fountains of the deep.

I know you're under a lot of pressure to out-shit-post Australia, but please refrain from actually working for satan.
>>
>>57304740
Note that Christ promised to be with us all days. The papacy, much hated by those poor souls trapped in sects of perdition spawned by Satan, is the light of the world, the living voice of Christ speaking to all Christians from the time of St. Peter to the end of the world. In civil society we always have a supreme judge to settle matters of civil dispute and law, to give a final interpretation of what the law says. Without this there would be civil chaos and disobedience. Do you think Christ would fail to give the Church a supreme judge in order to preserve order? He gave the Old Testament Law a supreme judge in the person of the High Priest, so why would he forget to do so in the New Testament? You could say that there is no need for a visible leader in the New Testament because the Holy Spirit unites us all invisibly, but the problem is that while this invisible and mystical union of the Holy Spirit serves well in private faith, it is insufficient in public profession of faith. In public profession of faith we need a public figure to stand as an icon of doctrinal orthodoxy, otherwise we will not know when a man opens his mouth to speak on the faith whether he is of the true faith, or simply a heretic.
We NEED a public figure to stand for the unity of the faith. Just as we have water at baptism as a visible sign of the Holy Spirit cleansing our souls in baptism, so we need the Pope as a visible sign of the unity of faith among Christian people.
>>
>>57305263
Yet we didn't discover them until way later in history.

Yet they were SO obvious.

Go away.
>>
>>57304740

That faith belongs in Jesus. The object of that faith should be Jesus.

You, on a desert island, with no Catholic Church in existence, can exercise your faith in Jesus, declare Him your Lord, and believe in your heart God raised Him from the dead.

The Catholic Church, and faith in the Catholic Church, will not save you from hell.

And no, the Christian way is not "the scripture alone", but Jesus alone. You conveniently forget the other four declarations, that are all tied together.
>>
>>57304923
The Roman Catholic Church is literally full of Pharisees.
>>
>>57301191
So...all of them?
>>
>>57303589
The only thing you're spreading is shit.
>>
>>57305219
How much silt accumulates per year, and how much there is.

Crack open a math book, or a science book, ffs.
>>
>>57305769
Wow, you know so much more than me. Maybe you are just better at articulating it.

Where did you learn how to articulate things so well?
>>
>>57299136
Of course Mary can be used as an intermediary, as she was a part of the process to incarnate god. There was a process in the conceiving of christ, and therefore we follow the process now as we pray.
>>
>>57295532
Pantheism, Spinoza's god

Everything else is blue pilled
>>
>>57306187
Someone is bitter.
>>
>>57299330
Silly neckbeards. The problem most atheist make, is the assumption that God is of this universe and of this world. That's absolutely incorrect and is the reason so many people have misconceptions regarding christianity today. I.e "hurr, le imaginary friend. Why can't i see god, he isn't real therefore"
>>
>>57305304

When the Hebrews were taken into captivity in Babylon @ 600 BC, they vowed to never again break the Laws of Moses, and designed a lifestyle that they thought would preclude them from even approaching a violation of any of the Laws.

They thought they could game the system; they thought they could mock God.

When Jesus showed them how far they fell, and how wicked they were, they were enraged enough to murder Him.

They murdered their own Messiah; God in the flesh, standing right there in front of them, and in their pride and arrogance and fear, they killed Him.

With his permission, of course, and just as planned, but nevertheless. And because of that, they have been blinded in part, and do not understand Moses and the prophets, nor will they until they declare "Blessed is He Who comes in the name of the LORD!"

Before then, of course, they will embrace the Antichrist as their messiah, just as they embraced Barabbas over Jesus.
>>
File: jewish adventures.jpg (46 KB, 600x848) Image search: [Google]
jewish adventures.jpg
46 KB, 600x848
>>57295532

what is the best type of cancer?
>>
>>57305595

Peter was never a pope, or a bishop, in Rome; he was there in prison, and executed.

All of their apostolic succession claims are lies.
>>
File: sexual_identification_chart.jpg (341 KB, 1600x1950) Image search: [Google]
sexual_identification_chart.jpg
341 KB, 1600x1950
tengriism is the only valid answer
>>
>>57305770

Jesus did not send us a pope.

Jesus sent us the Holy Spirit.

You should meet Him sometime. Soon.
>>
>>57305389
> For example they allow Eastern Catholics to use the Filioque without the "And the Son" part,

Filioque literally means, "And the Son". I think you mean that they allow Eastern Catholics to recite the Creed without adding the Filioque ("And the Son"). The thing is this. Many of the Eastern Fathers themselves accepted the Filioque, or at least an Eastern interpretation of it (this interpretation is not substantially different, it really just comes down to a subtlety in phrasing between the Latin and the Greek). The problem with the Greeks was this: they thought that it was an affront against Tradition to change the Creed in any way whatsoever. The Latin West justified the adding of the Filioque because the Arian heresy was still a real problem in the West. The Arians were denying the divinity of Christ, the Son, and so forcing the Filioque in the Creed was a sign of emphatic denial of Arianism, an affirmation of Christ's divinity. But the Greeks simply took it as a sign of Western imperialism trying to impose a change in Sacred Tradition upon them, and they reacted angrily.

>They allow them to have married priests and use leavened bread too.

These are matters of discipline, not faith/doctrine. St. Paul does not say that it is an absolute necessity for a priest to not be married, he just thought it was a sacred shame for them not to be celibate as a sign of total devotion to the Lord. The Catholic Church has never thought of priestly celibacy as a doctrine of the faith, and has always understood it as a priestly discipline and a devotion to ancient tradition, following St. Paul. The same with leavened bread. It more comes down to tradition. The doctrinal matter in the Eucharist is the Real Presence of Christ, what in Latin we call Transubstantiation. Both Catholics and Orthodox accept this.
>>
File: Ásatrú.jpg (63 KB, 604x596) Image search: [Google]
Ásatrú.jpg
63 KB, 604x596
>>57295532
Óðinn is the best.
>>
>>57299653

>1. Only in recent years has science discovered that everything we see is composed of invisible atoms. Here, Scripture tells us that the "things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."

Greeks hypothesized this as well, before the scripture was written. The word for atoms comes from the Greeks, and their belief in infinitely, uncuttable parts. I would not consider the Greeks to have lived "in recent years."

>2. Medical science has only recently discovered that blood-clotting in a newborn reaches its peak on the eighth day, then drops. The Bible consistently says that a baby must be circumcised on the eighth day.

What does this prove? Whoever wrote that part of the Bible could have simply observed (or the people who performed circumcision at the time) that cutting the foreskin on the eighth day did the least harm to a newborn. I would agree this could be an anecdotal case of scientific knowledge, but there's a difference between believing something because the Bible said so and believing something because of repeated testing and research.

>3. At a time when it was believed that the earth sat on a large animal or a giant (1500 B.C.), the Bible spoke of the earth’s free float in space: "He...hangs the earth upon nothing" (Job 26:7).

I don't see why this couldn't have been reasoned by observation, by anyone. See the next point.

>
4. The prophet Isaiah also tells us that the earth is round: "It is he that sits upon the circle of the earth" (Isaiah 40:22). This is not a reference to a flat disk, as some skeptic maintain, but to a sphere. Secular man discovered this 2,400 years later. At a time when science believed that the earth was flat, is was the Scriptures that inspired Christopher Columbus to sail around the world

The belief in a flat earth is a historical myth. Aristotle argued the earth was spherical. Erastothenes also argued it was, and performed a measure of a shadow at two points on the earth to estimate its shape and size.
>>
>>57306241
Let the Holy Spirit teach you, guide you, and listen to Him for what to say. Let Him type from time to time.

It's always been a collaboration between us and God.

Keep up the good work; you're doing fine.
>>
>>57296634
The orthodox church is basically identical to the Catholic. Full communion is possible within the next decades, as is the anglican communion.

Actual protestantism is very small and insignificant.
>>
>>57307002
He sent us both. Read the Scriptures where Christ tells St. Peter to feed His sheep.
We need living, speaking apostles. The Holy Spirit cannot be the visible judge in the Church precisely because He is invisible. We need an outward sign to signal the presence of the Holy Spirit, just as we have water in baptism.
>>
>>57305392
Super secret?
Kek
Just google it
Which is the most persecuted branch of Cristians ?
haven't you learn anything from /pol/ ?
The most treating tink to the lies is the true, they persecuted gnosticsm since the beginning becose we practice the True teachings of the Crist
>>
>>57306635

They also fall into a logical fallacy that "absence of evidence is evidence of absence."

And there is literally a universe that can be classified as evidence of a universe maker.
>>
File: Cross2.png (2 KB, 112x151) Image search: [Google]
Cross2.png
2 KB, 112x151
>>57295532
Gnostic "heretic" here.
Good luck feeding astral demons through your "christian" rituals under pharisees' guidance.
Sincerely hope you'll break out of that trap one day.
>>
>>57307021
Paul was married. His wife left him when he converted to Christianity.

Paul told people facing torture and death and persecution that now might not be the right time to start a family.

The enforced celibacy is not of God; it's contrary to God's order to occupy the world, and multiply humanity.

God: Be fruitful and multiply on the face of the earth.

Whore of Babylon: Be celibate.
>>
>>57307030

Nimrod became Osiris became Odin; you're literally worshiping Babylon, and don't know it.
>>
>>57307359

He did not, actually.

Peter denied Jesus three times.

Jesus asked Peter if he agape'd Jesus three times.

Peter had to admit he only filio'd Jesus; only a brotherly love, not the love of God unto death.

Jesus restored Peter (go tell My disciples and Peter that I have risen), and told Peter to feed His sheep.

The Jews.
>>
>>57306881
I know you have good reason to believe this.

Care to share how and what led you to this revelation?

Where can I learn more?

>>57307050
Show us where.

Either way your stance can't be proven. I know mine is correct because God is always right.

>we could have seen the Earth in space hurr durr

Prove it.

>>57307244
Very well. Thank you for the insight.

God bless you.

>>57307276
Except that orthodoxy rejects authority of the Pope and the only reason Protestantism rose was because of the CORRUPTION in the Catholic church.
>>
>>57306200
The science books that I've read state that the age of geological entities like rivers and mountains are dated by either a method of carbon decay, or by judging their age based on surrounding things, like strata and what fossils and other minerals have been found in them.

Can you tell me how much silt accumulates in a river in a year?
>>
>>57307030
this
>>
>>57295532
Graeco/Roman Paganism
Because fuck you that's why
>>
>>57296634
>Protestants in charge of knowing what they're talking about

Every time.
>>
File: 1426818738009.jpg (92 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1426818738009.jpg
92 KB, 800x600
>>57307882
No Óðinn is the son of Bor and Bestla.
>>
>>57307808
Mate, on whose authority are you speaking exactly? Why should I listen to you? Who sent you?
Did Christ send you? Prove it.
Did the Holy Spirit send you? Prove it.
All you have is a modern translation of ancient books canonized by the Catholic Church centuries after their being written, and your own voice. The Catholic Church, on the other hand, has Sacred Tradition and Apostolic Succession going back to time of the Apostles themselves. Every priest and bishop in the Catholic Church is descended from one of the Apostles. Protestant preachers, on the other hand, are just self-elected prophets / false shepherds. They have no authority whatsoever.

I am not saying this to offend you. Just think logically. You are arrogating to yourself the authority of God. God did not make you a preacher. You cannot read Christ saying to someone "Go ye and preach the Kingdom of Heaven" and just assume that He is saying that to you now in the present day, anymore than you can assume that God will part the seas for you in the present day after reading Exodus.

The Protestant Reformation can be very easily proven to be demonic in origin: the Protestant Reformers themselves contradicted one and other, and Protestants have been contradicting one and other ever since. But God does not contradict Himself. Therefore, God could not have sent the Protestant Reformers. So now we ask: if God did not send the Protestant Reformers, then who did send them?
>>
File: Zalmoxis.jpg (19 KB, 151x363) Image search: [Google]
Zalmoxis.jpg
19 KB, 151x363
>>57295532
>>
>>57295532
There were many Christians who thought the Holy Spirit was a load of shit, ie the cathars.
>>
>>57308310
The books I referred to above will contain referenced information to this; Peter himself never called himself anything but an "equal brother".

Here's a good article at carm dot org

Early Church Fathers Quotes on Peter as the Rock
>>
>>57308310
Show you where what? Where Erastothenes performed his experiment? Here's a resource that goes over how it was performed, and where exactly it was performed: http://www.britannica.com/biography/Eratosthenes-of-Cyrene

>we could have seen the Earth in space hurr durr

I am sorry, but I did not say that. I cited Aristotle and Erastothenes, who both came to conclude the earth was spherical based on observations ON the earth.

>I know mine is correct because God is always right.

If the argument devolves to this, I do not see how we can come to an agreement.
>>
>>57308337

People get paid to measure accumulated silt. This isn't an aging process; it's a measurement of deltas (where rivers drain into bodies of water).

None of these major river deltas have more accumulated silt than can be calculated to roughly 4600 years.

Not all scientists are atheists, you know.
>>
>>57295532

If you want to be objective - believe in reality, faggot.

/thread
>>
>>57295532
Darwinism
>>
>>57308884

In pagan religions, the people are the same; the names get changed.

So whatever Nimrod's mother and father's names were, they became Bor and Bestle, in your example.

Same people.

You have a choice between two vastly different things; God and the devil; heaven and hell; Jerusalem (and New Jerusalem) or Babylon.

You have chosen Babylon, and with that choice comes death, the devil, hell, etc.

I suggest you choose more wisely, while you can.
>>
>>57309272
Okay I'll get them.

>>57309394
They concluded it, sure, but we it came to be truth when we observed the Earth from space. Empirical science not forensic science.
>>
File: 2avrgmerica.png (760 KB, 853x506) Image search: [Google]
2avrgmerica.png
760 KB, 853x506
>>57309723
>>
>>57308916

Yes, the Holy Spirit, Who is God, sent me here to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ to the uttermost ends of the earth.

I would not know Him, or His gospel, had He not told me, and I would not be here telling you about both of them, had He not sent me.

The bible has nothing whatsoever to do with the catholic church; it was written centuries prior to their existence.

I do speak with the authority of my Father. That's on me.

What you do with that, well, that's on you.
>>
>>57309574

If you cannot deal with God, you cannot deal with reality.
>>
>>57309574
That's the funny thing about reality, is it's based on our perception, and sometimes we form our conclusions of it from bias.

Also, another funny thing about "reality" is that it's true, we don't need to believe in it. Quit using harsh words, it reflects your own bitterness.

>>57309647
Shown to be completely false by science over and over again.
>>
>>57309888
Not sure you understand the term "average".
>>
Why do most religions hate women?
>>
>>57295532
Gnosticism, isn't it obvious?
>>
>>57295647
this to be perfectly honest my friends, the unsexy truth
>>
>>57295532
They're all branches of Chaos.

These are like the lesser Gods to The Four and the Great Game.
>>
File: 1avrgmerica.jpg (9 KB, 252x214) Image search: [Google]
1avrgmerica.jpg
9 KB, 252x214
>>57309723
I am going to have to disagree with you there friendo, Bors Father Emerged out of the hrímsteininum and then made his son Bor.
>>
>>57310362
>There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

christianity:egalitarianism 2000 years in advance
>>
>>57310362

Christianity, and Judaism, were the two biggest boons to womankind in history.

Most religions, as systems of bondage, try to keep their women subservient. Because, well, how to say this delicately......

Do you know a lot of women?
>>
>>57295532
God tier should be Hinduism, Buddhism, and Shintoism.
>>
>>57310500

That's the thing about pagan myths.

They're very flexible.
>>
Sith
>>
>2015
>religious
Honestly its incomprehensible desu.
In university I have not met a single religious person.
Religion is a joke.
>>
catholicism/orthodoxy, bc theyre the most true
>>
File: image.jpg (837 KB, 1554x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
837 KB, 1554x2000
"Look closely," Dr. Robert insisted. "Look still more closely." Then, after a long minute of silence, "Dancing in all the worlds at once," he repeated. "In all the worlds. And first of all in the world of matter. Look at the great round halo, fringed with the symbols of fire, within which the god is dancing. It stands for Nature, for the world of mass and energy. Within it Shiva-Nataraja dances the dance of endless becoming and passing away. It's his lila, his cosmic play. Playing for the sake of playing, like a child. But this child is the Order of Things. His toys are galaxies, his playground is infinite space and between finger and finger every interval is a thousand million light-years. Look at him there on the altar. The image is man-made, a little contraption of copper only four feet high. But Shiva-Nataraja fills the universe, is the universe. Shut your eyes and see him towering into the night, follow the boundless stretch of those arms and the wild hair infinitely flying.
>>
>>57310605

God tier is God.

Hinduism, Buddhism and Shintoism have nothing whatsoever to do with God.

Demons, philosophy, and ancestor worship.

Not God.
>>
>>57310599
>>57310580
Any Abrahamic religion is going to have shitty treatment for women
>>
>>57310829
"Nataraja at play among the stars and in the atoms. But also," he added, "also at play within every living thing, every sentient creature, every child and man and woman. Play for play's sake. But now the playground is conscious, the dance floor is capable of suffering. To us, this play without purpose seems a kind of insult. What we would really like is a God who never destroys what he has created. Or if there must be pain and death, let them be meted out by a God of righteousness, who will punish the wicked and reward the good with everlasting happiness. But in fact the good get hurt, the innocent suffer. Then let there be a God who sympathizes and brings comfort. But Nataraja only dances. His play is a play impartially of death and of life, of all evils as well as of all goods. In the uppermost of his right hands he holds the drum that summons being out of not-being. Rub-a-dub-dub-the creation tattoo, the cosmic reveille. But now look at the uppermost of his left hands. It brandishes the fire by which all that has been created is forthwith destroyed. He dances this way—what happiness! Dances that way-and oh, the pain, the hideous fear, the desolation! Then hop, skip and jump. Hop into perfect health. Skip into cancer and senility. Jump out of the fullness of life into nothingness, out of nothingness again into life. For Nataraja it's all play, and the play is an end in itself, everlastingly purposeless. He dances because he dances, and the dancing is his maha-sukha, his infinite and eternal bliss. Eternal bliss," Dr. Robert repeated and again, but questioningly, "Eternal bliss?" He shook his head. "For us there's no bliss, only the oscillation between happiness and terror and a sense of outrage at the thought that our pains are as integral a part of Nataraja's dance as our pleasures, our dying as our living. Let's quietly think about that for a little while."
>>
>>57310751
The Finn are too autistic to believe in something greater than themselves.
>>
>>57310751

So, in a godless liberal university, being a godless liberal person, you have not found any Christian conservative people.

I am shocked.

They must not exist.
>>
>>57295532
One that says the least is the least wrong and therefore the least harmful.
You can make the best religion in the world in less than 5 minutes.

Making one that spreads is more difficult, especially if it's a ridiculous one like Islam, which literally needs to indoctrinate defenseless kids to spread and maintains the faith in them through death threats.
>>
>>57310788

They are both lies. The same lie, actually. The lie of being exclusive.
>>
>>57309438
Can you give a source for this claim? Research from the Sacramento–San Joaquin River Delta shows that it (and its silt) is older than 4600 years.

Yes, I know not all scientists are atheists.
>>
>>57310881

Disagree on facts.

Also disagree as Abraham started no religions.
>>
File: 1402739152802.jpg (551 KB, 984x728) Image search: [Google]
1402739152802.jpg
551 KB, 984x728
>>57310702
People also seem to disagree with semitic religion.
>>
>>57310983

I think their god is that sniper they had in WWII with like 500 kills. They seem to adore him.
>>
>>57311106
>being exclusive

i'll play ball. how are they exclusive
>>
File: 1422653676588.png (67 KB, 680x598) Image search: [Google]
1422653676588.png
67 KB, 680x598
>>57311273
Well at least he is real
>>
>>57295532
Science
>>
>>57309840
I don't really understand what you're saying here? Are you agreeing that those Greek philosophers came to their conclusions based on reliable information?

It doesn't matter that they didn't see the earth from space to prove that it was spherical - the math behind Erastothenes' experiment is evidence enough. Considering his estimate of the earth's size was not too far off either, I would consider that proof as much as a view from orbit would be.
>>
>>57311107
You'll have to cite something a little more specific; all I see is a claim that the peat bed took 7000 years to form, which of course is not what I was talking about, and which is about the age of the earth.
>>
>>57311248

Mankind is in open rebellion against God.
>>
>>57295532
>Islam not in barbarian
>>
File: death-to-lies.png (45 KB, 476x470) Image search: [Google]
death-to-lies.png
45 KB, 476x470
>>57295532
None of these 3.
>>
>>57295532
Celtic paganism is god tier.
Praise the Tuatha Dé Danann
>>
>>57311337

Both tacitly claim that only members of their church are saved.

(But that anyone can join their church, and be saved, of course.)
>>
>>57295532
They're all man-made. The best anyone can do is construct a religion that does not rely on revelation. Deism.
>>
>>57312193
Via wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacramento%E2%80%93San_Joaquin_River_Delta#Geology.2C_formation_and_natural_conditions

>Pierce, Patricia (June 1988). "A Geoarchaeological Analysis of the Prehistoric Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta, California" (PDF). Calfed Bay-Delta Program. Retrieved 2013-08-20.

The source is there if you would like to read it yourself. You have given me no source for your own claim:

>You can even show them the calculations that no major river on earth has more than 4,600 years of accumulated silt in its delta
>>
>>57295532
Christianity (KJV/ Wycliffe Bible)
>>
Without some knowledge of the written form of the "Tradition of the Pharisees," the Babylonian Talmud, one is unable to intelligently judge whether Jesus Christ was fair and just in His acid denunciations of Pharisaism, or not. One needs proof, offered by the irrefutable exhibits from Jewish authorities (set forth elsewhere herein) that the Talmud reverses every one of the Ten Commandments, the teachings of Moses and the Prophets, and enshrines their opposites under a "whited sepulchre" which is a disguise for murder and "all uncleanness," as Christ charged. Murder of non-Pharisees is always permitted; theft, sodomy, incest, rape are all permitted. For example, the righteousness of grown men violating baby girls under three is a favorite topic for discussion in book after book of the Talmud.

Talmudic literature is one long paean of praise for the very name Babylon, and all that it means to Babylonian Talmudism today, whereas it is a term of reproach in Old and New Testaments.
>>
>>57295532
>Persian Paganism

It is monotheistic and heavily influenced christianity, gayslam and joos
And know have fun in the 9th grade, kiddo
>>
>>57311418
snap
>>
>>57297081
Satanism deity is yourself worship your self
>>
>>57313675
The books of the so-called "Old Testament" were also compiled and edited by pharisees during the Babylonian Captivity. There are still seeds of Wisdom remaining in OT but on the whole it's mostly garbage.
>>
File: simoapproves.png (10 KB, 248x248) Image search: [Google]
simoapproves.png
10 KB, 248x248
>>57311418
forgot pic
>>
>>57297586
but they can be tamperd whith
>>
>>57296634
>your just an elitist
>everything except me is the devil
>>
>>57295532

Muslims have Christians over the barrel about one thing, the trinity is fucking retarded.
>>
>>57297592
the quran has many more scientific facts and predictions that happened more than the bible and for norse enlighten me
>>
>>57312160
No, I'm saying they came to their conclusions based on something that wasn't empirical.

Which seems to mean a whole lot to most people.

>>57314663
I never said that.
>>
>>57301191
Buddha worshiped a god not himself yes its retard
>>
>>57295532
>Islam not Satanic Tier but Heretical
>Jews Satanic and not Heretical
>Barbarian Tier Below Heathen
>Heathen tier not called Classical Tier
>Barbarian Tier not called Heathen Tier
>Gnosticism even considered a religion
>Atheism not in Heretical Tier
Seriously OP, this post has a lot of errors.
>>
>>57315219
It actually doesn't.

Enlighten you about Norse what?
>>
>>57315687
>Australia

>Accusing OP of a shit post
>>
Zoroastrianism is pretty cool. And it's not really paganism, it's arguably monotheistic.
>>
File: feelsforaustralia.png (14 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
feelsforaustralia.png
14 KB, 205x246
>>57315842
Man, why do Australians get so much shit on /pol/.
All we did was exist and now you guys think that we are complete shit and shit on other people.
why can't we just have normal conversations.
>tfw fellow Anglo countries will never accept us, except maybe for New Sheepland.
I think I am going to cry now.
>>
>>57315219
there are sixty nine miracles 5 hour documentary
and how can you just say no theres no whith out searching for it sir

https://youtu.be/2ekIMXhEYh8
>>
>>57315710
there are sixty nine miracles 5 hour documentary
and how can you just say no theres no whith out searching for it sir

https://youtu.be/2ekIMXhEYh8
>>
>>57295532
Fake religions to make apolitical point are objectively best. So, Spaghetti Monster and Satanic Temple (not church of satan)
>>
>>57315710
the quran stated as fact that the universe is expanding
>>
>>57295532
Nordic/Germanic Paganism
I don't think I need to explain why it's the best.
>>
>>57316205
you bully us the most

fuck you
>>
i thought i was on b
>>
>>57317613
>thought he was on >>>/b/
get >>>/out/
>>
>>57317963
kek
>>
>>57296931
>that picture
>hur dur all denominations are created eqaul
>not accounting for poor translations
>not accounting for what Jesus said
>not looking at their fruits

you fool
>>
the quran created the big bang theory way be fore atheist acted like they have sticks up there ass
>>
>>57305358
its not floating in space, its constantly falling towards the sun.
2/10 for getting a reply.
>>
What is the only religion created by the son of God, Jesus Christ

that's right...

CATHOLICISM BABY!

>>57318475
except it was theorized by a Catholic priest.
>>
>>57300511
replace hinduism with doaism, and put hinduism in low tier. and then switch catholicism with buddhism and id agree with you.
>>
Satanism has strangely good ideals..
>>
File: image.jpg (550 KB, 720x726) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
550 KB, 720x726
>>57295532

Nordic paganism is the same religion as Christianity just warped and highly centralized.

Odin the one eyed all knowing God sits atop the mountain...where else have we heard this.

Get on my level u fukin pleb scrubs.
>>
>>57315219
No it just covers the knowledge of the time you stupid dirty faggot, go fuck a goat with your bedouine nigger prophete (my jizz and shit fumanda cheese be upon him)
>>
>>57315583
So the ancient Greeks saw the circular shadow of the earth on the moon. They saw ships disappear bottom-up as they crossed over the horizon. The math they did was not valid evidence of their conclusions?

I can see why actual observance of the earth from orbit proved its shape better, but was the math not proof enough? Math is VERY much enough for a lot of people, considering all its applications and uses.

Since they could not in any way at the time physically observe from off of the earth its shape, but came to the proper conclusion based on reliable mathematical reasoning, I feel that this was a valid reason to believe the earth's shape. I can understand why someone else may not, as much as I understand why people do not believe the Bible. I simply believe that mathematical reasoning based on observation (that can be replicated accurately) is more reliable than the Bible.
>>
>>57319021
>theorized
>>
>>57319800
>>57319800
im an american i never seen a goat in real life
>>
>>57295532
True paganism.
Is the religion of our forebears, is the basis of science and philosophy. Is the religion of our blood, and no jew religion will change this.
>>
>>57319800
you mad bro
>>
>>57320647
Still you are an stupid muslim shit without knowledge, your mentioned knowledge in your precious Fuckran was dicovered by Greeks and Persians and stolen by savage bedouine niggers
>>
>>57320368
They were masters of logic. They did not only knew the Earth was "spherical" but even understood the Atom, and by extension the rest of pagans were similar.
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 169x123) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 169x123
>>57321144
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 482x383) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 482x383
>>57310362

Women are subhuman, they crave only the man with the biggest stick (i.e. the man who is most dominant/ violent/ evil). If women are given freedom they will start intentionally abusing it until someone puts them in their place. Look at modern feminism and the way women vote/ choose men if you doubt me. The solution has always been this to never allow women to be anything more than property. And given the fact that they lose their shut when given freedom, they are happier as slaves.

You will deny this all you want, I'm speaking Gods truth.
>>
>>57321144
i never claim to be knowledgeable
>>
File: eris_discordia.jpg (813 KB, 2124x3441) Image search: [Google]
eris_discordia.jpg
813 KB, 2124x3441
HAIL ERIS HAIL DISCORDIA!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.