[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's going on in this country /pol/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9
File: Jordan_map.jpg (37 KB, 475x508) Image search: [Google]
Jordan_map.jpg
37 KB, 475x508
What's going on in this country /pol/?
>>
>>57288340
I'd like to know too
>>
>>57288340
not much tbhfam
>>
>>57288340
Pretty peaceful, I hear, with lot of development in Amman. I go to school with the king's son.
>>
They've become an Israeli vassal state. Israel just sold them 40 attack helicopters, has said they'll rescue them if ISIS invades, and is now installing a gasline for them
>>
>>57288340
They're giving us their Syrian refugees for free. Do you believe that? For free! 25,000 just this month! We would've paid them.
>>
I spent 3 months there in 2010. Probably the best/most westernized arabic country. Their king is badass and their military isn't bad. Also Petra is awesome.
>>
I guess the place is the only not completely shit muslim majority Middle Eastern state. Not sure what's so different about them that they haven't completely failed as a society unlike everyone around them.
>>
>>57291796
What school do you go to? Have you tried to befriend him for favours of epic proportions?
>>
>>57288340
That border is so fucked
>>
>>57288340
I'd like to know too, /pol/.
>>
>>57293556
He is summoned!!!
Tell me about Jordan pham
>>
>>57293556
gibs refugees pls
>>
>>57292289

Georgetown. There are a lot of people around here that could offer epic favours.
>>
>>57293556

You guise are blessed with the best king a country can have
>>
File: al-khazneh-petra.jpg (147 KB, 800x536) Image search: [Google]
al-khazneh-petra.jpg
147 KB, 800x536
I was thinking about goign to Jordan next year to see petra, but I may hold off for a bit.

I wanted to do a Beruit - Jordan - Cairo trip but Lebanon is a bit tense at the moment. It probably wouldn't be as fun if security is ramped up everywhere and the friends I was going to go with are going to chicken out.

I want to see the old wonders of the middle east before they are all destroyed by radicals.
>>
>>57295281
I think Petra specifically will be very safe.
Since you have to pass through the Siq to get in it's very easy to set up security checks.

I don't expect any trouble in Jordan to begin with.
>>
>>57293760
Basically a third world country, low natural resources (which is hilarious because we are surrounded by countries rich in oil and natural gas), but we have political stability as of yet, we will be the last arab country to have an "arab spring" because if we have problems here it will directly threaten the borders of our western neighbours if you get what I mean.

>>57293866

Jordan is an immigrant country, the percentage of actual jordanians that lived in the area of Jordan for more than 100 years is low, we mostly have syrians, egyptian workers (badass builders though) and iraqis.

Well, force other countries to take more syrians in instead of taking them you dumb fucks.

>>57294171

I will commit heresy here, sure, he is badass, but he does spend a lot of money gambling, but at least he is a Star Trek fan, so he is a cool king.
>>
>>57295281
Petra is really badass, trust me, I am not even shilling, the beautiful colours of the rocks is worth it alone, the reason why the rocks are rosey is because there was a huge ass river in the area 60 million years ago, so the current was slow, so the materials getting thrown to the bed of the river slowly accumulated into a marvelous combination of colour, and nabateans were master carvers of stone, it is a city that you should visit once in a lifetime if you can.
>>
>>57296630
Cool. How secular is the country? Are there any worries that ISIS will spill into Jordan?
>>
If you are ever in Jordan, specially Petra, make sure to spend a night or two in Wadi Rum. The silence and the stars will leave you in awe.
>>
File: 1427684613194.jpg (70 KB, 810x780) Image search: [Google]
1427684613194.jpg
70 KB, 810x780
Jordan is actually a based country desu senpai.

For a Middle Eastern country it's very friendly and helpful.
>>
>>57298268
Not secular I am afraid, sure, we are one of the more tolerant Arab countries, but our law system is basically copied from laws from the old Ottoman laws during the time of the Ottoman Empire.

So we do have some retarded laws, like limiting the amount of rights for a muslim who changed his religion (though I am not educated at that so take my words with a grain of salt), but we definitely respect our christian brothers, they have a place in parliament, they have their churches and they can buy liquor.

As for ISIS, the southern part of the country is full of crazy muslims, before the jordanian pilot got burnt by ISIS most of the southern population were heavily sympathizing with the fucking terrorists, even selling them weapons, but when one of their own got burnt by them, half of them changed their minds overnight.

I really despise the hypocrisy of jordanians in general, not only in politics, but in many other different areas of life.

Like I said in my previous post, if ISIS attacks Jordan, it will threaten Israel because if an attack by ISIS happens, make no mistake, we will be basically fucked.
>>
>>57298927
I still did not go to Wadi Rum, I really should.
>>
>>57296934
>it is a city that you should visit once in a lifetime if you can

That is the plan.

I have some friends who were there just before the whole Arab Srping thing happened and I am very jealous. They also had a good time in Syria that trip.
>>
>>57288340
Used to look at the weather every day on the Wii and it was like 105 there every day for a year. Horrible place.
>>
>>57299635

Fucking zionist plans ruining lives ...

>>57299807

You can say that again, because it is a fucking desert mostly, also the damn winter here is harsh as hell, not as much as winters in North America for sure, but you will have a flu 100% guaranteed.
>>
>>57299807
It only reaches those temperatures 3-5 days the whole year. Jordan has beautiful weather.
>>
>>57299413
Islam seems to promote hypocrisy by setting up standards that basically go against our natural instincts and by providing ways for the adherent to work around provided they keep it relatively well hidden.

How true is this?
>>
>>57288340
They had a census where they let people mark "Israeli" because they have a tiny Israeli population. Pakestinians flipped their shit all over Reddit.

Fuckin Star Trek Arabs, keep on keepin on.
>>
>>57300461
I might be thinking of Chad. Not 100% sure.
>>
>>57299413
How would you be fucked? Is the military shit or what?
>>
>>57288340
The Switzerland of the Middle East: they border Israel, the West Bank, Syria and Irak and still manage to stay sane
>>
>>57300499
All religions are the same to be honest, however, make no mistake, Arab culture is the main cause for those problems, because in most cases Islam prohibits certain things Arabs tend to do anyway.

However I am not blind to the faults of religion, all ideologies have their faults as well, and the fact that Arabic is such a complicated language, a verse from the Quran can be interpreted in many different ways, too bad the Wahabbi version gets more media attention these days.
>>
>>57301012
I know of no version of Islam where the religion respects personal freedoms and isn't a political program.

So I kind of hate all of them, to the extent that I truly understand it.

I mean, if you're a muslim how are you not killing yourself? All the muslim men I've talked to mention how they "struggle" to be "good muslim", which usually translate to the fact that they're huge hypocrite because they do a bunch of haram stuff but they hide it / don't talk about it.

That sounds like a shitty life.
>>
>>57300546
Coming from a swede, that is pretty hilarious.

It's not that we can't fight back, our military is decent enough for that, but the jordanian population will break down, we will need help if an attack happens.
>>
>>57300461
>It only reaches those temperatures 3-5 days the whole year

That is only 40°c anyway, and that is hardly unusual for an arid country.

Even in my part of Canada we can hit that in July (again for just a few days a year) but. The downside is we can also go down to -40°C.

I would take Jordan's weather any day.
>>
>>57301658
It is, that is why I decided to let go of religion and see things from a different view, however, that is heresy in Islam, so I am no longer a muslim myself.

But it is better to be honest than be a hypocrite, being a hypocrite is the greatest sin humanity can do.

But keep in mind my view does not represent even 5% of the population, so if you go to Jordan, be careful to who you talk to, some people will get really offended, but to the extreme of killing you, of course.
>>
>>57302200
*not to the extreme of killing you, of course.

>yfw you fuck up a sentence
>>
>>57301805
Wold you mind elaborating? Would the population break into different factions that are pro/anti-isis or how do you mean? And trust me I am aware of how garbage the Swedish military is.
>>
>>57302200
I think there's a bunch of you guys sprinkled around in the middle east, more than meets the eyes, but unfortunately not enough.

Just, generally, people that are way more chill.

Stay stronk.
>>
>>57302644
Jordanian society is mostly a tribal society albeit not as retarded as an african tribal society.

So let's say an attack happens in Amman, people who are originally from the region of Karak for example will go back to Karak to their own families and make a militia, so basically each tribe will become a city state, kind of.

Keep in mind I am talking about an attack as an Invasion, not a simple bomb explosion or something simple like that.

>>57302661

There is, I am not personally an Arab myself, I am Circassian, however, you only see the rednecks of the muslim word on the media, 99% of us are normal sane human beings, but still, those 1% should be exterminated, but we can't do it, it requires too much work on our part, though only we can do it.
>>
>>57303551
Alright. Thanks for the info fAm.
>>
>>57304820
Praise Odin, my friend.
>>
>>57295281
I went in 2011, and it was bad then in Amman - the rich 'circles' of the city are fine, but anything outside of the 4th one and it's protests and shit in the streets.

No way I would go back now, even to the relatively rich people town of Aqaba for diving. Shame, but those historic sites like Petra are on ISIS' map for blowing up and I'd stay the fuck away.

Beirut and Cairo are a no-go now too, and I'm ethnic Armenian and speak a bit of arabic, I look like them and I didn't feel safe.
>>
>>57303551
Simple question, what do you think about Israel?
>>
>>57292216
> not sure whats different about them
> all their fundamentalists are targeting israel
> West Bank convenient place to dump their criminals
> huge international Gibs Me Dat for their maganimous recognition of israel's right to exist
> likely to turn on western world as in a second if jihadjis become a threat to jordan's shit
> "kings" with a "dynasty" that has lasted for a whole 70 years
> before becoming self-styled "king", abdullah was just another sandnigger tribal boss.
>>
>>57291889
/thread
>>
>>57305509
I despise their government, but I have no problem with the Israeli people, in fact I have some Israeli friends, though we never met face to face yet.

Arabs tend to use Israel as the scapegoat for their misfortunes, even though if Israel never existed Arabs would still declare wars on each other, that said, what Israel committed to the people of Gaza, bombing them with white phosphorus is just sickening.

To put it blunt, fuck Zionism, not Judaism in general.
>>
File: Air-Jordans.jpg (355 KB, 1337x700) Image search: [Google]
Air-Jordans.jpg
355 KB, 1337x700
>>57288340
They make shoes
>>
File: Mysterious-Fair-one.jpg (124 KB, 1000x658) Image search: [Google]
Mysterious-Fair-one.jpg
124 KB, 1000x658
>>57303551
>I am Circassian

Did your family move to Jordan in the 19th century to flee the Russo-Circassian war?
>>
>>57291889
We always were, in fact, with no British or Mossad help, my country would not have lasted a year.
>>
>>57306354
Yes, though my father's family was one of the last caravans to leave the homeland, fml.
>>
>>57296630
why haven't isis attacked you yet? Is it becuase you're "ok" with the jews?
>>
>>57306979
Because we are Israel's neighbours, to attack us is to threaten Israel by proxy, not the point of the existence of ISIS.
>>
>>57306979
>Is it becuase you're "ok" with the jews?

Because ISIS = Mossad = Jews obviously, jeeze Goy, don't you know?
>>
>>57301012
So you're saying it's because of the Bedouin blood?
>>
>>57307358
Blood and Traditions.
>>
>>57307236
ok.
Btw, what do you think of your king? In his interviews he seemed a very cool and easy going guy.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 427x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 427x320
>>57306243
>not Judaism in general
Zionism is Judaism. There is no real distinction, it's just that Zionism can masquerade as a secular movement to garner "Christian" support.
>>
File: King_Abdullah_on_Star_Trek.jpg (53 KB, 379x428) Image search: [Google]
King_Abdullah_on_Star_Trek.jpg
53 KB, 379x428
>>57288340

fuckin star trek, muthafucka
>>
>>57308195
Holy shit so that's why the Canadian before mentioned Star Trek? That's awesome.
>>
>>57307989

this >>57308195

>>57308140

That is like saying all muslims are like ISIS, one should not forget the jews that are anti-zionists the same way muslims are anti-ISIS.

But I do understand your point, I really do.
>>
File: Our_Last_Best_Chance.jpg (34 KB, 331x500) Image search: [Google]
Our_Last_Best_Chance.jpg
34 KB, 331x500
Check King Abdullah's UN speech

http://webtv.un.org/search/jordan-general-debate-70th-session/4515430008001

It's all about peace, tolerance, and moderation, but the jews got butthurt because of a single sentence about preserving the arab character of east jerusalem
>>
>>57288340
jew shit
>>
>>57306406
but once israel crosses, will mudslime chimp out over eretz israel?
>>
File: wpid-13860396307782.jpg (87 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
wpid-13860396307782.jpg
87 KB, 480x480
>>57309063
>muslims
>anti-ISIS
>checks flag
>>
>>57288340
I dunno, I just remember Ted Cruz during the debate saying he hopes the king rules for a 1000 years. Which seemed... Odd...
>>
>>57301658
>I mean, if you're a muslim how are you not killing yourself? All the muslim men I've talked to mention how they "struggle" to be "good muslim", which usually translate to the fact that they're huge hypocrite because they do a bunch of haram stuff but they hide it / don't talk about it.
Your fedora is slipping into view, hockeynigger. That isn't unique to Islam, or religion in general. Nobody is perfect, that doesn't mean we should lower our standards.
>>
>>57311905
I think he meant he hopes they stay stable and do not go to shit like Syria. He also seems to like the King a lot I do not know if they met but he has talked about him a few times.
>>
>>57311114
Israel will gas the area first, they are not that stupid.

>>57311567

I am not a taqqiya fag if that is what you are implying, but certain muslims lost loved ones to those "true muslims" as the ebin maymay you posted says.
>>
>>57306243
>Arabs tend to use Israel as the scapegoat for their misfortunes

I know how that is.
>>
>>57311567
You do realise that ISIS is Wahabi, and that Wahabi is considered heretical by both Sunni and Shia, right?
>>
>>57312434
I know people who came here from Lebanon and they hate isis

anytime something terrorism related happens they worry about if someone will try to do something to them

most middle eastern people here did come because wars and shit
>>
>>57292289
Epic fail of epic proportions
>>
>>57312300
Yeah, something about an American hoping for a 1000 year reign just seemed straight medieval.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.