[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post-scarcity economy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: autism_the_man.jpg (3 MB, 2956x1971) Image search: [Google]
autism_the_man.jpg
3 MB, 2956x1971
What are your thoughts on this quote by the Steve Jobs of our generation Richard Stallman:

"In the long run, making programs free is a step toward the post-scarcity world, where nobody will have to work very hard just to make a living. People will be free to devote themselves to activities that are fun, such as programming, after spending the necessary ten hours a week on required tasks such as legislation, family counseling, robot repair and asteroid prospecting. There will be no need to be able to make a living from programming."

Once we have everything we need, will we become some super race, who programms and helps, and develops for fun, or will we become mega neets who jerk off in oculus rift all day and become fat and bloated?

Whacha think?
>>
Thx stallman for the DBG and many more
>>
Post-scarcity will never happen and milk will cost 6000 Yuan
>>
>>57285652
bump
>>
Man's true purpose is to overcome adversity or die trying. What is the point of living in a world where everything is easy?

Even now, in our western countries we suffer from massive mental issues despite having a high physical standard of living and relatively peaceful society. We clamour for the happening, rather than enjoy lives of peace.

War is the way of man, Man is the means of war.
>>
>>57285652
If our power consumption increases by 2% annually, which is less than it does now, in 400 years we will literally be boiling the oceans of Earth because the planet cannot radiate heat effectively enough to expel the waste energy.

Post-Scarcity isn't going to happen. There is no such thing as "free" energy or labor. Automation contributes to waste heat. Waste heat kills the crab.

All of this singularity nonsense, it's just the atheist rapture, and it's simply not possible. You cannot sustain that many people at that level of energy expenditure without destroying the planet.
>>
>>57286850
Ok, so whats the solution in your opinion? global one-child-policy or we simply go full primitivist?
>>
I wish he would go back to working on Emacs
>>
"install gentoo" -ben garrison
>>
File: irish.jpg (57 KB, 500x458) Image search: [Google]
irish.jpg
57 KB, 500x458
>>57285652
I have a hard time taking this guy seriously for these types of matters, after watching him eat something off of his foot while giving a talk:

https://youtu.be/I25UeVXrEHQ?t=104
>>
>>57287427
You don't even have to do that. The population problem will solve itself eventually. If the shitskins keep multiplying like rabbits a few things could happen:
1) technology keeps on pace with growth and efficiency allows for these people to have normal lives (best outcome)
2) they reproduce too quickly, technology doesn't keep up, food becomes more expensive, shitskins starve in droves, problem solved itself (more likely)
3) technology is available, but too expensive or costly in some other way to implement, in which case same outcome as 2
It's really a win-win situation for wealthy countries. I'm confident they'll secure borders and such one things get really bad globally. Think refugee crisis x10. They'll have to fight to defend their standard of life.
>>
>>57285652
Pseudoscience bullshit that belongs on another fucking board
>>
>>57287427
I don't have a solution. There is no solution, except that nobody is ever going to have everything they want because it isn't physically possible.

At some point we're going to hit the energy cap, and the economy will revolve around who gets how much energy. That's it.
>>
>>57288989
>im confident they´ll secure the borders
>if_only_people_knew_how_bad_things_are.jpeg
>>
>>57285652
it would be desirable, but the zionist overlord in the bilderberg group would never leave their wageslaves alone, free to do this shit, they will always encourage slaving for them and then buying from them.

even without the corporate overlords, such a society would be unproductive, and torn apart because of very different ideals. think like western societies today but with much more laziness
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.