[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Venice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: veneto.jpg (98 KB, 500x289) Image search: [Google]
veneto.jpg
98 KB, 500x289
/pol/, what's your opinion on Venice? Do you think it should be independent?

>tfw venice has the most pure roman blood, having no mix with lombards and later italians who had lombard and moor blood.

Glory to Venezia.
>>
>>57281104

They seem to pay back debts, unlike some people
>>
>>57281104

The Veneto region cannot function as an independent country because they lack industry and only have tourism.

Even with tourism, Venice is a pretty shoddy city that needs a thorough renovation

Only thing they got going for them is their history and a pretty flag
>>
>>57281259
I am Venetian lol, I just live in Greece because of family. Greece didn't pay its debt and us Venetians crushed them in the 4th crusade.

stay mad byzanboos
>>
>>57281455
Veneto has a lot of plants and industry has been building up in the latest years. It has a lot of exports and it doesn't solely rely on tourism to survive (tho it is the primary source)

Just look at Greece, primary source of income is tourism and they were rich before 2004. Venice's position and exports can really help the country.

It can hold upon itself unlike Sardinia/Sicily
>>
>>57281104

Historically speaking, the epitomy of Italian backstabbing.

Nowadays? Typical Italian shithole living off tourism.
>>
>>57281854

well I was in Venice this summer and while it was beautiful, I heard that each years more and more people are moving out because they just cant get good jobs and cost of living is ridiculously high, so I'm afraid this city only has a future if it remains part of a bigger country
>>
>>57281854

you are, of course, always welcome to join Österreich again, like the good old times in the 19th century :^)
>>
>>57281455
>The Veneto region cannot function as an independent country because they lack industry and only have tourism.
The Stato da Mar will return. Dalmatia is rightful Venetian clay.
>>
>>57281954
>shithole

third highest economy in italy, more export than import income, huge tourism.

unlike austria lmao. Venice if independent would be the level of luxembourg
>>
My grandparents are from verona and my last name comes from that region

That region of Italy is god tier in every way
>>
I prefer Genova
>>
>>57282194
You can take the rest of Italy and leave us alone, based Austbro.

Yeah that's why people want to be independent. We are tired of having to pay the Italian's debt that cost us a lot. (including different culture, language and history)
>>
>>57282534
Stinky Italian jews, like Christopher Colombus
>>
>>57281104
Some change is inevitable. Too much of their money goes to Rome and Venetians don't really like that.
>>
>>57282326

Austria has the highest standard of living and the highest quality of life in the world, not that you can differentiate between the two.
>>
Btw Vivaldi and Marco Polo were Venetian
>>
>>57282794
Exactly
>>
should fall to ottoman empire.
>>
>>57282800
Lol wtf, Austria is behind Ireland and Finland lmao. We would be higher if we were an actual country, can't get the stats to support my claim tho
>>
>>57282326
Austria surpasses Italy on almost every measurable scale of what defines a modern country you twat

Venice is a shithole that is sinking, full of pidgeon shit and African immigrants with fake rolexes
>>
>>57281954
>Historically speaking, the epitomy of Italian backstabbing.
All Italy backstabbed everyone else. For a long time Venice was the only one doing shit about the Turks. Cyprus fell because that faggot Phillip of Spain told Gianandrea Doria to dither and fart around which fucked over the Papal States and Venice's attempts to get there in time. At Lepanto Doria broke off like a retard and nearly fucked up the battle. Don John and Venice wanted to press the Turks after Lepanto but Phillip went "nope".

The Pope would call a crusade and the only state that would respond was Venice.

They were one of the true defenders of Christendom against the Turk and all they got out of it was the loss of their empire while everyone else sat around getting fat on New World gold.
>>
File: tiramisu-cake[1].jpg (200 KB, 1200x816) Image search: [Google]
tiramisu-cake[1].jpg
200 KB, 1200x816
>>
>>57281104
I think they need to give free swimming lessons to all their citizens at the rate the city is sinking.
>>
>>57281491
>us Venetians
kek
>>
File: moveforward.jpg (401 KB, 1080x1441) Image search: [Google]
moveforward.jpg
401 KB, 1080x1441
>>57281104
It's cool that Greeks are really just Turks who want to be Italian.

However, Santa Monica is a better choice for independence.
>>
>>57283116
Retard anglo fucktard is at it again. 95% of Veneto's population is Italian, 2% is Romanian and 1% is Moroccan lmao. The mayor of venice refused to hold any refugees.

Meanwhile there are over 20k turks and slavs in Austria.

Also explain how Venice is wealthier and prettier than any of your ugly fucking country
>>
>>57283362
I am not Greek faggot ahmed. Living in Greece doesn't make me Greek, like you ahmed living in the state still makes you a turkroach.
>>
>>57283362
>It's cool that Greeks are really just Turks who want to be Italian.
wat?

Not even Turks are turks how the fuck are we turks? fucksake get your head together you fucking barbarian
>>
File: mkl;kl;kl;.jpg (187 KB, 1436x1079) Image search: [Google]
mkl;kl;kl;.jpg
187 KB, 1436x1079
>>57283607
How is it that you fell for my bait?
>>
>>57281104
They're responsible for the destruction of the Byzantine Empire, and they don't have the economy to be independent anymore.

So no.
>>
>>57283622
Windex/10
>>
>>57281104
Pay denbts, Greek bastard.
>>
Is the venetian language just a meme language?
How much does it differ from the Italian language?
>>
>>57281104
But there are no venetians left in the city of Venezia. They all live in near towns. Each venetian houses are now owned by holliwood stars or rich russian mafia bosses. No point on giving independence to the city.
>>
>>57284113

its like a slavic form of Italian
>>
>>57284101
I am not greek mohammed kek
>>
>>57281491
>attempt to rob Constantinople blind
>can't control the crusaders
>crusaders rape and burn everything and the doge is powerless to stop them
>pretend that's what you intended from the beginning
Yeah no.
>>
File: toothache.jpg (40 KB, 427x400) Image search: [Google]
toothache.jpg
40 KB, 427x400
I like how the OP's ID is AwarSOdD
>>
File: 1448290425171.png (262 KB, 446x456) Image search: [Google]
1448290425171.png
262 KB, 446x456
>>57281259
>this post brought to you by someone whose country owes 19 TRILLION US DORRARS
>>
>>57283385
I'm Austrian you retard. Ever heard of going abroad?
Plus what you are saying is wrong
". Having been for a long period in history a land of mass emigration, Veneto is today one of the greatest immigrant-receiving regions in the country, with 454,453 foreigners (9.30% of the regional population) in 2008, the most recent of which are Romanian and Moroccan"
Straight from the wiki article with a link to demographics statistics.

Venice survives on tourists alone and it is sinking.
Your country is literally only alive because of foreigners. Your country has no identity.

Why is Vienna always a contender for the most liveable city in the world and not Venice, do you think?
Is it because Venice is a shithole?
I think it is.
>>
>>57283116
>>57282800
>>57282326
>>57281954
as a Venetian I can say that Venice is turning into a shithole, it's rare to find italian restaurants or italian business here, it only lives off the tourism.
At least Italy is not keked like Austria or other European countries
>>
>>57282534
based Genova...I'm half-ligurian half-venetian andI like la Superba over la Serenissima.

>>57282779
via, via...no siamo poi così male.
>>
>>57285822

Austria is a non-country m8, you cannot compare it to Italy much less one of Italy's best regions. Compare Italian and Austrian contributions to this world and see for yourself.
>>
>>57281104

like most of northern Italy they are of celtic stock, keep in mind the romans conquered what would become venice from a celt tribe
>>
>>57285685
17 Trillion which belong to US.
How much of your debt is German was letting the migrants in part of your master plan?
>>
>>57286954
>WE WUZ EMPERORS N' SHIT!

Nobody cares about "muh romans" if your country is draining its neighbours coffers socially and financially.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.