[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You wake up one morning and are Constantine XI, Emperor of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 16
File: pinargenti_1573_istanbul_b.jpg (4 MB, 6536x2992) Image search: [Google]
pinargenti_1573_istanbul_b.jpg
4 MB, 6536x2992
You wake up one morning and are Constantine XI, Emperor of the Byzantine Empire.

It is one month before the invasion of Mehmed II and his army of 300,000 men.

You have a small garrison of 8000 strong hardened veterans, some Geonese crossbowmen and Venetian heavy infantry. The rest of your allies have been inadvertently cut off.

How do you change history for Christendom by properly defending Constantinople from the Ottomans?
>>
>>57276144
Give em a good bump in the rump!
>>
REMOVE
>>
File: 1448897544626.png (731 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1448897544626.png
731 KB, 499x499
>>57276144
>losing against 20 years old child
>muh 300k
>>
Throw all the jews out of the city, so they can't open the gates.
>>
>>57276324
That's exactly what made them lose.

Nobody expected a 20 year old to rally an army and actually invade.

If it was some war mongering 40 year old child raping Imam then the rest of the Christian world might have sent some help.
>>
>>57276144
Wasn't it Jews that opened the gates?
Just slaughter/deport them all into the sea.
>>
>>57276144

> Constantine XI
> a Serb
> not sucking Turkish cock
>>
>'When Turkish flags were seen flying above a small postern gate, the Kerkoporta, which was left open, panic ensued, and the defense collapsed, as Janissary soldiers, led by Ulubatlı Hasan pressed forward.' wiki
>It is one month before the invasion
>How do you change history for Christendom by properly defending Constantinople from the Ottomans?
I greekfire the kikes
>>
If memory serves, didn't the artillery guy who came up with the cannon idea to knock down the walls of Constantinople come to the Byzantines first but he was laughed away. Hire that guy.
>>
Why do the kikes ruin everything
>>
>>57276980
that cuk orban was either romanian or hungarian. shame on us.
>>
>>57276144
ALEX JONES INTERVIEWS THE TRUMP
PUCKER YOUR ANUS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIZ7lZvhTfE
MASSIVE SLIDE
>>
>>57277089

Its not da jooos, it's the serbs bruh

>cause the fall of byzantine
>help ottomans conquer christian lands
>cause ww1
>kek hitler from winning in russia
>>
Immediately call in all reserves from the countryside, and recruit older men and teenage boys to fight/support. Do the same with women that want to help make uniforms, tend the wounded, etc. Equip all with spears, shortswords, and crossbows.

Try to hire mercenaries by taking out loans. The defenses would need all the crossbowmen it could get to man the walls.

Fortify the city's defenses as best as I could. Scrap wood and stone in the city to create catapults and trebuchets to counter the siege engines the Turks will have.

Request aid from the pope and the Catholic powers, it may not do much, but asking never hurt. Food alone would help.

Outfit a ragtag navy with those dope greek fire cannons and try to pin their navy in the water outside the city.

There's a ton of stuff that could be done desu.
>>
File: türk askeri.jpg (63 KB, 717x480) Image search: [Google]
türk askeri.jpg
63 KB, 717x480
>>57276144
>How do you change history for Christendom by properly defending Constantinople from the Ottomans?

You don't.
>>
>>57277363
>da jooos
fuck off, serbs are based. They were completely conquered by ottomans, they would fuck their wives and castrate their children if they didn't fight. And they didn't do much damage anyway.
>>
I post that shit thread on >>>/his/ where it belongs
>>
>the Fall of Constantinople is one of the most depressing events in Western history
>but Christians that escaped the Ottomans and fled west caused the Renaissance

Thanks, Turkey. I guess.
>>
Kill the kikes as they left a gate open.
>>
>>57277363
sta seres picka ti materina
>>
>>57277693
>the Fall of Constantinople is one of the most depressing events in Western history
It was a deserved ending to a decadent and degenerate civilization.

>but Christians that escaped the Ottomans and fled west caused the Renaissance
What a stupid statement.
>>
>>57276144
You're fucked. You couldn't defend against army that has almost 38 times more men.
>>
>On the third day after the fall of our city, the Sultan celebrated his victory with a great, joyful triumph. He issued a proclamation: the citizens of all ages who had managed to escape detection were to leave their hiding places throughout the city and come out into the open, as they to were to remain free and no question would be asked. He further declared the restoration of houses and property to those who had abandoned our city before the siege, if they returned home, they would be treated according to their rank and religion, as if nothing had changed.

Why was Mehmed II so based?
>>
Send the Patriarch of Constantinople to bow and sweaty fealty to the Pope with my hand written letter stating I renounce Orthodoxy and that I need an army.

I tell him if I do fall the horrors of Gog and Magog will be unleashed upon Europe. That the Turks will not stop until they are at the gates of Rome itself.
>>
>>57277984
It's true though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_scholars_in_the_Renaissance

And since the trade routes to Asia were now cut off, getting to Asia by sailing west looked more and more feasible. The Fall of Constantinople is inadvertently responsible for the discovery of the Americas.
>>
File: 1447356581098.png (10 KB, 429x320) Image search: [Google]
1447356581098.png
10 KB, 429x320
>>57278302
>Mehmed II
>based
>implying there wasn't rape, arson and robbery for three days as the tradition say
fuck off t*rkroach
>>
File: nero-playing-the-lyre.jpg (199 KB, 632x480) Image search: [Google]
nero-playing-the-lyre.jpg
199 KB, 632x480
>>57276144
Burn the entire city to ashes
>>
I exile the Jews into the Turkish war camps after castrating them, men and women alike.
I then conscript every last man, woman and child within the city to defend the city during Turkish offences and focus on creating a sustainable food situation within the city walls.
Ideally the city would become an island but a single day isn't enough to create large bodies of water.

If the resistance holds then I will declare killing Turks as the national sport, heavily fortify the northern border and catapult Greek fire at any ships that try to come close without confirming their allegiance.
>>
>>57278344
The Renaissance was caused by the end of the Feudal model and a higher concentration of power and wealth.
Your [citation needed] wikipedia stub is a piece of shit that somehow implies the same thing as the simple idea of the Islamic "Golden Age", that Byzance was completely cut off from the rest of the Christian world.
>>
>>57278806
You have to kill the Jews. They'll tell your secrets to the Turks.
>>
File: Wildfire_explosion.jpg (374 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Wildfire_explosion.jpg
374 KB, 1920x1080
Put kike heads on the walls
Kill Orban when he comes to me with his offer (why would I need huge cannons anyways?)
Mass produce Greek Fire
>>
Have every pig in the city slaughtered and their blood sprayed everywhere.
>>
>>57279056
Considering I changed how the city runs overnight there isn't much to tell. Giving the Turks false information to strike a few catastrophic losses is actually a good thing.

Also imagine how the Turks will treat the Jews after they suffer a few thousand casualties to their new best friends information. Two birds with one stone and I didn't even throw it.
>>
>>57276980
cannons didn't do any lasting damage
>>
>>57279734
they broke the walls enough so that the t*rkroaches could enter the city
>>
>>57276144
It's kind of hard when you're trapped between two enemy forts on both sides of the city and no one will come and help you.
>>
>>57278338
>Send the Patriarch of Constantinople to bow and sweaty fealty to the Pope with my hand written letter stating I renounce Orthodoxy and that I need an army.

This.

You would also need some psychological warfare like Vlad the Impaler did.
>>
>>57279927
The gate was literally open.
>>
>>57280990
I was making a joke about roach invasion through cracked walls my golden smile friend
>>
>>57281135
Even roaches will take the door mate.
>>
>>57281292
nah they won't, they like dark, possibly damp
>>
>>57281375
It's Greece. Every hole is dark, damp and smells funny.
>>
File: 1445090342090.png (603 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
1445090342090.png
603 KB, 630x630
>>57281623
it's turkey you mean
>>
>>57279619
They still know about the walls and any other kike secret they cooked up.
>>
>>57276144
It was essentially hopeless after the Venetians sacked Byzantium during the 4th Crusade. They had next to no territory of their own, and even if they miraculously held off the Turks, they wouldn't be able to expand any and the Turks would get them later.

Better time to save them would have been Manzekrit (forgot the exact spelling).
>>
>>57277984
Decadent ?
The west has always been butthurt at the continuation of the Roman Empire.

Eastern Roman Empire was thousands of miles ahead of the west when it comes to culture and economy.

Byzantium was surrounded by serious enemies whilst the westerners didn't bathe for years and wiped their asses with leaves.

The west played a major part in the downfall of Byzantium, the west was one of the enemies of Byzantium.

Western scholars always bash Byzantium because it did what the west couldn't do.

Fuck off and impaled by nigger dick. Fuck you. Go to hell.
>>
>>57281846
>Turn secret entrances into death traps that don't even lead into the city.
>Pull up the floor in every Kikes home and workplace.
>>
>>57276144
Command all my people to poo literally everywhere, on the streets, on every door, on every wall, and finally make a poo minefield surrounding the city. Mehmet won't want to deal with all the poo and will go home
>>
>>57282264
I'd still kill them, but that's just me. A good kike is a dead kike.
>>
File: 1411871326731.jpg (49 KB, 476x450) Image search: [Google]
1411871326731.jpg
49 KB, 476x450
>>57282199
>butthurt for no reason Romanian who doesn't know anything about history

The west was never butthurt at Byzance, it even went on crusades to protect its borders against the Seljuk.
>>
>>57276144
Release pigs into the streets. Shitting, oinking, and eating, the pigs chase the bastards out of town.
>>
>>57282615
>>57278810
>He unironically thinks Byzantium wasn't European global power in Europe in economical and scientific way

Kek
Ahmed, stop trying to seperate christianity
We are a stronger brotherhood
>>
>>57283037
I don't know how you even read that from my post.

When it fell the Eastern Roman Empire was a decadent society, he we say that they were discussing the sex of angels while the Turks went through their doors.

Why are people on this board so clueless about history and projecting so much into their little crusader roleplaying ?

Also please read >>57278810
>>
>>57282615
hahaha... the only thing that the crusades did was to sack Constantinopole, kill by the thousands innocent Anatolian christians, in short the crusades did more harm than help.

Have you ever heard of Tribonian ?

For example the church organ in catholic churches originated in Byzantium.
You fuckers didn't even have spoons.

If it was so decadent it wouldn't have lasted 1000 years surrounded by all kinds of enemies. But the butthurt anglo-saxons and french think they are the center of the earth and mock and spread lies about anyone and everything that puts in danger their idea of that they're the center of the world.

You know who is decadent ? You, the west. And you know why ? Because by 2050 you and your legacy will disappear because you love cock.

You are the descendents of mongrels who got civilized after a good beating by the romans.
>>
>>57283020
this honestly, or discover guns really quick
>>
>>57283466
dont act like you had anything to do with it, romanian
>>
>>57276144
Play EU4 and simply do that shit.

>>57276844
>implying you subhumans get shit done other than killing Kronprinzen. Everybody knows that.
>>
File: Babby.jpg (18 KB, 385x383) Image search: [Google]
Babby.jpg
18 KB, 385x383
>>57283466
Do you even know what decadent mean ?
Are you too busy roleplaying Augustus' legionaries in your mom's backyard that you can't learn about basic history ?

Why the fuck are you going on a tangent about unrelated shit ?
Seriously you people have brain problems.

>d-d-don't say anything bad about muh Byzatium or else I'll go on a tantrum and invade France in EU IV that will show you

>the only thing that the crusades did was to sack Constantinopole

Illiterate turk shit
>>
>>57281705
Too soon
>>
>>57284031
I can't take seriously a country that is getting conquered by nigger dicks.
If france (piss and shit be upon it) would have been in byzantium's place it would have disappeared in 20 years.
>>
File: aoe-paladin-1.gif (12 KB, 192x192) Image search: [Google]
aoe-paladin-1.gif
12 KB, 192x192
>>57276144

Mass producing paladins.
>>
>>57284309
Ok so you attack my country to hide your stupidity like the butthurt turk offshoot that you are.
>>
>>57284492
Pally spamming is some nigger tier shit that works on every map but Black Forest.
>>
>>57284676
Fuck your country.
I've met a lot of frenchies:
-annoying
-obnoxious
-superiority complex
-never heard of deodorant
-cheap
-envious

In highschool we had a delegation of frenchies. We provided everything: lodging, food, trips. They didn't have to spend a dime.

We went to france. Shitty lodging. They just left us in a ghetto.

FUCK YOU AND YOUR COUNTRY!!
>>
>>57284492
>not cataphracts for that sick trample damage
>>
File: z455.png (37 KB, 228x228) Image search: [Google]
z455.png
37 KB, 228x228
>>57285508
>They just left us in a ghetto

where you belong
>>
>>57285672
Cataphracts suck ass, Pallies are honestly better since they don't get raped by camels immediately.
>>
File: 4chan-THIS.jpg (3 KB, 125x60) Image search: [Google]
4chan-THIS.jpg
3 KB, 125x60
>>57282349

>This

This based Indian has it right. Chemical and biological warfare. Only solution in desperate times.
>>
>>57276144
By not pissing off literally all of my neighbors.
>>
I burn the city to the ground so the Turks can't have it, of course.
>>
>>57286301
Gypsies were literally brought from India by the Turks to spread disease.
>>
>>57276144
I DON'T TURN AWAY THE GUY THAT OFFERS TO BUILD ME FUCKING CANNONS!
>>
>>57286781
They couldn't afford it. Greedy Greek nobles kept their money from the Emperor because he was a Catholic. Mehmed thought it was mad dishonourable and had them kill after he took the city.
>>
>>57276144
Spend all the cities wealth on pigs and scatter them around the lands and pile them on boats. The Muslims won't set foot on the land and any boat that comes close we send a ship in to intercept them releasing tens of pigs onto their boat.
>>
>>57276483
Source?
>>
>>57285717
And the funny part is. It was a muslim ghetto. When they heard our story the local muslims were all like :" Putain!".
They showed us around the place. Nothing happened to us.

The mega extra kek fun part was when we used to go out after 11 pm on "patrols" with them. It was mega kek to see frenchies cross the street when they were seeing our crew of nike wearing hooded "serious guys". Too bad we didn't catch a frenchie to beat him while yelling vive la france.
>>
>>57287266
Kill nobles, confiscate lands & money, kill oldest heirs & take the new yunger ones as hostage for reeducation.
Isn't that how it used to go in such cases?
>>
>>57285508
>They didn't have to spend a dime.

Well, of course; putting a whole entire dime into the Romanian economy at one time would have caused inflation to skyrocket
>>
>>57276144

You don't. The fourth crusade fucked up the Byzantines and therefore the rest of the future.
>>
>>57276144
pay that hungarian fuck to build point the cannon at the turks
>>
>>57277363

You mean this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP2u4wJcnS0
>>
>>57276144
Negotiate Surrender.
Leave Constantinople to fight another day, to reclaim the Empire.
>>
>>57276144
It's hard to think of a strategy with the information of that time compared to now. Can you give some limitations?
>>
>>57291189
By 1453 the Byzantine empire was a pathetic rump state. To change history you have to stop the 4th crusade.
>>
>>57286085

halberds hits like foam swords to cataphs tho
>>
>>57292648

Dat trample damage.
>>
File: 1431707487171.jpg (146 KB, 450x735) Image search: [Google]
1431707487171.jpg
146 KB, 450x735
>>57276144

>Have everyone make bellows
>Boil a lot of pitch
>Boil all of the pitch actually
>Invent pitch thrower

I don't know if it'll be quite as good as a flame thrower but fuck it it can't hurt can it?
>>
File: 1432297209565.jpg (131 KB, 525x809) Image search: [Google]
1432297209565.jpg
131 KB, 525x809
>>57280990
Well in that case first port of call would be to close the gate.
>>
File: No more HERESY.gif (1 MB, 317x237) Image search: [Google]
No more HERESY.gif
1 MB, 317x237
I invent mustard gas and use it to great effect.
>>
>>57276144
I send my very best negotiators to Germany, Poland, Spain, France and England. I tell them of our news, and the inpact it will make on Europe for the next thousand years, and how eventually it will affect their own countries. A victory here would not be a victory for Constantinople but a victory for the entirety of Christendom. Are you with your Christian brothers?

Im sure atleast 2-3 countries would lend support. Become 150,000-250,000 strong. Successfully defend city. Send 'No Quarter' brigades after the fleeing to murder the remainder surrenderees.
>>
File: 00.jpg (166 KB, 580x451) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
166 KB, 580x451
>>57277453
underrated post
>>
>>57293390

This needs to happen here desu. I would rather die in the Swedish tundra than wait for them to get me while I'm comfy.
>>
>>57293390

The Christians are the ones who fucked up the Byzantine empire in the first place.
>>
All good ideas here. But yall niggas are forgetting the entire reason why "the fall of constantinople" is considered the end of the middle ages.

>canons

Literally get some chinks to build fat canons. Produce shitloads of black powder. Make an army of dogs strapped with bombs.

Clean up the rest with a Polish Hussar charge, after having sent for help, offering vodka in return.
>>
>>57276144

Fill the waters with oil and light them aflame. Regroup all troops to the walls facing land attackers. If the battle turns against our favor then light up the whole city. The Hagia Sophia will never be some shitty mosque in "Istanbul". The Turkish hordes to not deserve this city's splendor.
>>
>>57276144
Burn the city down so they can't have it, and save my descendants centuries of butthurt in the future. There's no hope to win against such odds.
>>
>>57276144
Buy the fucking cannons.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.