[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is property tax not government robbery? >I'm going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 15
File: image.jpg (812 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
812 KB, 3264x2448
How is property tax not government robbery?
>I'm going to charge you yearly for something you already own
>>
>>57267470
You aren't charged a tax for ownership. It's a tax on placement.

>Own a house
>House is in a neighborhood
>Neighborhood has streets
>You use the streets (unless you stay inside on /pol all day)
>Streets are maintained
>Maintenance trucks need gas
>You pay property taxes for gas

See how that works?
>>
>>57267470
P.S. Libertarians should be gassed.
>>
>>57267594
No you pay a gas tax for roads and maintenance
you pay sales tax for the government
And you pay property tax for.... Owning something? So it's ok to charge yearly for ownership?
>>
>>57267594
And I'm talking about property tax on my vehicle not house but it's the same guise
>>
Ask a NEET who lives off your tax money anything.
>>
File: 1444147886361.jpg (64 KB, 402x599) Image search: [Google]
1444147886361.jpg
64 KB, 402x599
>>57267470
Stop being so fucking idealistic. If your state don't get them dollars it can't buy nuke weapons. You would have Soviet Russia rushing over Alaska sending you all to Siberia decades ago.
>>
>>57267767
NO. Gas tax is a state tax. If you want your MUNICIPAL LOCAL streets, curbs, etc. maintained, you pay a property tax that goes to local public works.
>>
>>57268301
So that's your answer? Either pay your taxes or be afraid?
Your just a fucking coward then
>>
>>57268476
I'm just saying your taxed for working, taxes for making a purchase, taxes for owning something, taxed for dying.
At what point do we stop reviving a tax? When we do nothing?
Ultimately my bitch is this. You don't own anything if you have to pay for it yearly, and the consequencr for not making that payment is confiscation.
>>
>>57268860
>you don't own anything
Ding ding.
>>
>>57268966
Yep, sadly I already knew that but how is that even legal(aside from the ones making the laws are the ones collecting the taxes) how is this not government robbery?
>>
>"taxes for revenue are obsolete," beardsley ruml, american affairs, january 1946: the thread: too young to recognize a journal citation edition
>>
File: 1417552697532.png (436 KB, 1165x600) Image search: [Google]
1417552697532.png
436 KB, 1165x600
>>57268966
and thats why bitcoin was invented

the first money you can own regardless of warrants, subpoenas, or other dumb state measures they use to intimidate companies into freezing assets. the beauty in bitcoin is there is no CEO or president to take over
>>
>>57267623
>shitposting
>the upper limit of what statists are capable of
>>
>>57267470
In short, you pay for the government to guarantee your ownership of your house.
Yes it sucks.
>>
File: 1437770277270.jpg (5 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1437770277270.jpg
5 KB, 125x125
>>57268520
Sorry. I thought you was an idealist, Libertarian kind. Now I see you are an idiot. Whatever yuo think about anything, might gets right. Be happy Mexicans didn't won some war and made you all a slave nation. You don't mind picking cotton?
>>
I suppose it's mostly just a "fee" for choosing to participate in modern society.

That fee is mandatory only if you voluntarily choose to participate in said modern society

If you don't wish to participate you are always free to go off the grid.
>>
>>57269309
Lol there you go with more fear mongering. Either pay your taxes or fear invasion.
>>
>>57267470
Property tax would be the best form of taxation if it was kept in the local community
If you want to live in an area with parks libraries fire department and public school you pay more
If you want to live out in the sticks homeschool and have a volunteer fire department you pay almost nothing
>>
>>57269351
I wonder if you actually believe this.
>>
>>57269510
How about some feral nigger gang. Coming home raping your ass. You might pick some off with your gun but not all. What police? No funding. Enjoy nigga cock..
>>
Because the only reason you "own" your property is because the government gives you that right
This is why ancaps are so fucking retarded, No government = No private property
Capitalism is the best economic system, but it REQUIRES a government and a state, and a government requires funding.
>>
>>57267594
god americans are stupid
>>
>>57269351
>If you don't wish to participate you are always free to go off the grid.
California property taxes are state wide and just get sent to sacramento so they can give it to failing ghetto schools
>>
>>57269823

>police stop gangs
>police doing anything preventative

My sides muhammad
>>
>>57269759
Why wouldn't I have a friend that already lives that life.
>>
Where can I find a guide on getting a bitcoin wallet, adding funds, transferring funds, staying secure, etc? I know how to use Tor and that's about it
>>
File: Hilldog_by_Sycra.jpg (180 KB, 522x658) Image search: [Google]
Hilldog_by_Sycra.jpg
180 KB, 522x658
Shit pisses me off more than anything else.

I bought a piece of land and once a house is built that is paid for, I will still have to pay like 4 thousand annually for no reason.

Ain't got no kids fo dem programs even...
>>
File: 1411707245940.png (385 KB, 513x428) Image search: [Google]
1411707245940.png
385 KB, 513x428
>>57269351
then where did the first tax dollar come from?

it was collected in a modern society provably NOT funded by taxes

therefore the first taxes were not justified, and the stuff they built with those unjustified tax dollars are not justification for others to pay taxes
>>
it's not theft because you don't own shit. "your" shit can be taken at any given time if you don't pay up
>>
>>57269759
Despite what some of the big media stories may have said this country really is too big and too busy for the government to worry about some guy that wants to live in an old van in the desert or tar paper shack up in the wilderness.
>>
>>57270141
You still have to pay property taxes or they will take your land. Unless you are talking about illegally squatting in a tent on someone else's land.
>>
>>57270170
coinbase links your bank account to buy bitcoin, but do not leave your bitcoin at the online wallet they give you, set aside some hardrive space and have a true home wallet
>>
>>57269897
>you cant have private property without government taxing it
>a state cant exist without a magic security entity made of people with power over you
>>
>>57270418
And this is what most of them do. There is enough empty land in the desert and in the mountains the people can slip quietly in and out and no one cares.

A lot of the times there is no one else even physically present to care
>>
>>57270390
noticed you shifted the goalposts from "are taxes justified" to "can you live off the grid"
>>
>>57270326
Your taxed from every angle and on-top of that your taxed on things you should outright be able to "own" and let your kin inherit, but no the money hungry counties, states, federal government all want their "fair I guess" share. fuck that.
>>
>>57270252
You get free police and fire protection, free roads, and the military protects your land. That's a good deal. Imagine having some land in Afghanistan or Pakistan. No taxes, but sometimes raiders come and rape your daughter.
>>
>>57267470
Your ownership of property is a burden on the government. It has to provide services for you. Also, the government doesn't operate for free. That money has to come from somewhere.

I'm pretty libertarian too, but you're delusional if you think that we could get by without having SOME taxes.
>>
>>57268476
But depending on where you're at, you may not see your taxes.

Where I live, I have one road out in front of my house. They tar it once every couple years. The taxes that pay for all of that are from excise tax in the town.

If I didn't have property tax, I could live freely and not be forced to use public roads, or any form of transportation aside from what I use on my farm.

My water is pumped from a well. Electricity here is private(And I don't need it). My heat in the winter is from a wood stove. In the summer I just open up windows at night and deal with it.

The property tax is supposed to go to the county, to maintain county matters that have no effect on my daily life.

I could spend more time on my farm, and not work a bullshit job to pay for plates, insurance, fuel, maintenance, etc.

tl;dr

Property tax should be decided and voted upon at a local level, not at a county or state level.
>>
>>57270573
The government taxing me is rape
>>
Ownership is not granted, given or taken. It has to be enforced.

In modern societies we delegate this task to a branch of the government, so you don't have to watch your shit 24/7 like a zoo monkey. So you can focus on other things such as improving yourself and your community.

This costs money. Money split evenly over those who participate in the society.

How is this news to Americans. Are your schools really that poor?
>>
>>57267470
Freaky thats the same kind of jeep I own in a parking space similar to the one I'm parked in
>>
>>57267470

The ability to own land derives from the state and is upheld by the state via the courts and law enforcement. Property tax is what you pay to uphold the state's ability to support and enforce your claim.
>>
>>57267470
Property tax on cars doesn't make much sense imo. If you are talking about land and housing it's a completely different matter
>>
>>57270573
>You get free police and fire protection, free roads, and the military protects your land.
>free

So then why pay taxes? Shit is free yo.

>raiders
>implying cops prevent robbery
>>
>>57268860
You don't own it, though.
The GOVERNMENT owns it. When you "buy" land, you're not actually owning it, you are granted a LICENSE or DEED to USE the land with certain privileges and restrictions.

If you die and nobody inherits it, the land defaults back to your local municipality.

This is not a big bad federal government thing. This is a literal small local city/county ordinance deal.
>>
>>57270653
As long as nobody violates the N.A.P. we wouldnt need a state
>>
>>57269142
Except you DON'T own it. You have access pending payment of internet fees and taxes.
>>
>>57267594
Make a number of small house on wheels. Or tent home. Generate your own energy off grid. Use composting toilet. .... Only need a supply of water from spring or well... possibly creek? = You own bare land. Tax should be small... and don't bring people you don't trust to your home.

>>57267623
By gas don't you mean taxed more senpai statist?
>>
>>57270573
Majority of property taxes are wasted on public schools
Most places out outside cities have volunteer fire departments and a couple of police officers
>>
>>57267470
All taxation is theft, not just property taxes.
>>
Why are lolbertarians so retarded?
>>
>>57270582
>That money has to come from somewhere.

I have no problem with this fact. However, I do not think that it should be done in a way which negates property rights. A sales tax makes more sense as everyone should be contributing.
>>
>>57267470

If you are talking about property taxes for your house, that's used for upkeep of your city (fire, police, roads, public services) and for funding your local public schools.
>>
>>57270515
No I never said taxes were justified only that they were voluntary.

You can pay them as needed
I will back to my friend ss an example

> sold his house and all of his belongings in Philadelphia
> moved to one of the most remote places in West Texas
> bought a $700 van and licensed it to a fake address in a state with very low registration fees and no inspections
> he works the oil field when he feels like it and just chills in his van in the desert when he doesn't

Now he obviously owns a vehicle so he voluntarily pays the registration fee and gasoline tax. But he is only paying for the part of the system he uses roads

He often barters for goods and services what will buy things at the store too so therefore he voluntarily pays sales tax as needed or as desired

Sometimes he chooses to work therefore voluntarily paying payroll taxes

But for the most part he only pays taxes when he wants to and what he chooses to participate in the system

> he's been doing it for 5 years and really seems to enjoy the freedom
>>
>>57270582
>Provide services for you

Not for me.

If my home catches on fire it would take 10 minutes for the fire department to get here.

If someone breaks in, it would take hours before the sheriff arrives(No local PD)

If I need an ambulance? It's a private company handling our ambulances here. They'll get here in an hour, and charge me an easy $250.

Once again, nothing wrong with public service, but only those who have the ability to use it should pay for it.
>>
>>57270794
Why don't statistkeks care about property rights?
>>
>>57270806
sales taxes will not allow wide differences in rates depending on how many services you want in your community because people will just be able to drive to a cheaper town to purchase things
see
>>57269655
>>
File: IMG_0007.jpg (2 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0007.jpg
2 MB, 3648x2736
>>57270170
http://chimera.labs.oreilly.com/books/1234000001802

Free to read online... You are welcome.
>>
>>57270886
Because statiskeks don't care about anything but hedonistic self-indulgence and violently subjugating anyone who dissents from their circlejerk.
>>
>>57271033
Thanks
>>
>>57267594
What if you don't use the streets?
>>
>>57270582
Look at your pay check the next time you recieve one.
The next time you buy something at the store subtract that .07%

We are taxed retard. Property tax on a piece of land you already bought shouldn't be taxed too
>>
>>57271069
The government is nothing in comparison to your average HOA as far as threatening people who don't conform to their every whim
>>
>>57271187
HOA just controls a small area of land
Also the idea that only property owners vote is superior to letting any idiot vote
>>
>>57267470

They gotta keep people wage keks.

It's bullshit and prevents people from being able to work hard, pay their shit off and being able to just enjoy life on the land they earned.
>>
>>57270268
Taxes have been around for a long time anon.

In the days of feudalism you payed to taxes to your lord.

He gave you a bit of land to work and grow crops or whatever you wanted, you paid him a bit of your income in exchange for using his land. You also paid him this tax to ensure he and his army would protect you in the instance of some kind of invasion.

Is he supposed to just let people squat on his land for free?
>>
If you're mortgaging a home, does the bank not technically own the property?

If that's the case, shouldn't the bank pay the taxes until you finish paying it off? Considering you don't technically own the land - the bank does.
>>
>>57271187
HOA's don't claim to own every single piece of land and dominion over every person who lies within despite not using 70% of it. Not even to mention the legitimacy of the original property claims.
>>
>>57270986
This would not happen unless sales taxes were exceptionally high. The only areas this would substantially impact would be very rural areas from which people commute to a nearby town to purchase goods. These areas already offer very few services, most of which are managed by the county which would generally be unaffected by such consumer mobility.
>>
test desu
>>
>>57270268
Also your picture is fucking retarded, only a fucking autist would believe the government is a "bully".
>>
If you want to remove yourself from society at will, get a fucking house boat and live in International Waters, return on occasion for supplies.

House boats are not taxed.

However, you'd need a rather large house boat, generator, LOTS of fuel (or a roll-up floating solar cell array), and a way to distil 5+ gallons of ocean water per day. A large solar distillation setup could conceivable be floated on the ocean on calm, sunny days.

You could even have internet and TV via a satellite provider.
>>
>>57271417
>feudalism

The fact that property taxes are analogous to feudalism are exactly why we should be abolishing them.
>>
>>57271466
People would more likely leave cities to buy things in low tax rural areas
Local property taxes would solve this because your rate would be based in the type of area you live in
>>
>>57267594
Property taxes didn't always exist you fucking moron.
>>
>>57270476
>>57269897
You can have private property without some kind of state.

However nothings going to stop anybody from trying to take it from you.

It's only yours so long as you can defend it.

This is why people form a society with a state.
They pay taxes to ensure everybody can keep their property protected.

When you make it a crime to take peoples stuff and have a large force of mercenaries to punish people who try to take your stuff people are less likely to try fucking you over for it.

They also feel less paranoid around other people.
If only you were capable of trying to defend your property you'd be quite wary of anyone you didn't know.
>>
>>57267470
It's the tax for being white.
>>
>>57269759
Well all of our property taxes in the U.S. Are state imposed, and Wyoming has no property tax. You literally can live off the grid if you so choose.
>>
>>57267470
its feudalism. nothing wrong with feudalism

you need to pay respects to your lord or someone elses lord will come and wreck your shit
>>
>>57271187
HOA are voluntary anon.

If you don't like them don't move to a neighborhood with one.

However they're quite useful in maintaining property values and keeping shitskins out.
>>
>>57271443
>If you're mortgaging a home, does the bank not technically own the property?

No, the bank lends you the money to buy the home but holds a lien on the property in case you don't repay the loan. You agree to this as part of the mortgage agreement.

>If that's the case, shouldn't the bank pay the taxes until you finish paying it off? Considering you don't technically own the land - the bank does.

Do you people really not understand how anything works?
>>
>>57271451
But they are way more rabid about what they do and force and have absolutely zero problem inflicting all sorts of fees and penalties on you for what you do on your own private property.
>>
>>57271805
>In Wyoming, all property is taxable unless it is specifically exempt. All property tax is based on the assessed value of the property. Wyoming's Department of Revenue's Ad Valorem Tax Division supports, trains and guides local government agencies in the uniform assessment, valuation and taxation of locally assessed property.

>Wyoming's property tax rate is 11.5 percent for industrial property and 9.5 percent for commercial, residential and all other property.

>The residence and any additional structures and land are valued. Property taxes are not charged on home furnishings or furniture except where they are part of a furnished rental property.

>"Assessed value" means taxable value. Wyoming is a "fractional assessment" state. This means property tax applies to only a fraction of the full market value of property. This fraction is the property's assessed value. For most property, only 9.5 percent of market value is subject to tax. Consequently, a home worth $100,000 on the market is only taxed on $9,500 in assessed value. The real effect of fractional assessments is to exempt $90,500 of the home's value from taxation.
http://www.bankrate.com/finance/taxes/state-taxes-wyoming.aspx
>>
>>57271718
>It's only yours so long as you can defend it.

This is true even with a state. You have now just established an entity to rent your property from.

Don't believe me? Buy a rental property and try to evict someone for nonpayment. Also try leaving your house for a bit and try to expell a squatter who has moved in. Let me know how helpful big brother is in these scenarios.
>>
>>57271634
No, they're not "analogous" to feudalism.

They've been there with feudalism, and they've been around even before then.

They'll always be here. In some way, shape, or form.

Let's say you live on a commune. You live with other people, everyone is expected to do something to the benefit of everyone else based on your skills.

You grow the food, someone else cooks the food, someone does the cleaning, you all work together.

Your labor is the price or tax you pay to participate in their commune or society.

The only way to escape tax is to drop out of society.
>>
>>57271974
Who do you propose I ask for help instead?
>>
>>57272215
samuel colt
>>
>>57270740
tell that to my graphics card in 2010 bitch
>>
>>57272241
He has a bigger gun, now what?
>>
>>57272215
Whom
>>
>>57272323
>>>/lit/
>>
>>57272289
use the money you were pissing away on public education to hire more guns
>>
>>57271953
Well shit, I don't know where I got that from. Nvm
>>
>>57272378
No
>>
File: beafraid.png (1 MB, 1248x1012) Image search: [Google]
beafraid.png
1 MB, 1248x1012
>>57271417
thank you for admitting the first taxes were not justified and all further taxes are not either
>>57271499
make an argument for the state that also does not apply to bullies. It cannot be done
>>
>>57272392
I already do that, I pay my taxes which funds the police.

I pay my taxes which funds great public schools.
Education reduces crime rate.

I have literally no reason to do what you're saying.
>>
>>57272426
They still dont have an income tax and only a 4% sales tax
>>
>>57272454
Next you're going to tell me rent is unjustified too.
>>
File: genzed.png (112 KB, 284x333) Image search: [Google]
genzed.png
112 KB, 284x333
>>57272522
>I pay my taxes which funds great public schools.
pffftttfhhfftffttttfpppfftt
>>
>>57272522
>Education reduces crime rate.
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
DC must have a non existent crime rate because they spent the most per pupil on education
>>
>>57272590
Careful with that line of logic some of them actually will
>>
>>57271925
I just never had to purchase a home, I inherited mine.

Never had a loan or credit card either. Dad always told me to stay away from the banks and keep my money in gold. I chose to mix bitcoin, gold, and cash though.
>>
>>57272649
My public schools are great anon.

I'm sorry you live in a ghetto. :^(
>>
>>57272661
It's not my fault niggers aren't capable of learning.
>>
>>57267808
Theres no property tax on vehicles, are you retarded? Property tax is for land.
>>
>>57272707
Your taxes are still funding ghetto schools
Also even public schools in nice areas are filled with marxist propaganda and go a the pace of the slower students
>>
>>57272556
Well I suppose that's pretty good.

They also have a beer tax of only $0.02/gallon!

http://www.wyotax.org/alc_cig.aspx
>>
>>57272820
He probably means registration fees.
>>
File: 1448619610641.png (399 KB, 332x468) Image search: [Google]
1448619610641.png
399 KB, 332x468
>>57272590
you can't name a single rent agreement that isn't a clear contract between two or more parties and which the renter clearly orders or makes use of something he is obligated to pay for later

taxes are something, I didn't agree to or sign for, and pay for more things that I didn't use or order than things that I did

so yeah, if you are a super retarded person and don't understand contracts, consent, or other higher thought like that, you would think rent is the same as taxes
>>
>the government owns the land
>Government charges you rent
Honestly it's the least offensive way to collect taxes
>>
>>57272772
your taxes go to trying
>>57272820
some states consider them personal property
>>
>>57272845
What curriculum would you have them teach?

How are you going to wake the sheeple and teach them that statism is slavery anon?
>>
>>57269823
Srsly man can you make one comment about property tax that doesn't dissolve down to "I'm afraid of getting conquered, raped, and or shot at"
Fucking swedes this is why no one takes you seriously your all pacified and controlled into doing nothing but what another man tells you.
>>
>>57272908
>I didn't agree to or sign for
You participate in society.

That's an implicit agreement.

Taxes are the price of living and participating in our society.

>>57272921
>your taxes go to trying
Not in my lily white neighborhood senpai :^)
>>
>>57272931
>What curriculum would you have them teach?
the bible

>How are you going to wake the sheeple and teach them that statism is slavery anon?
Not my plan
I am just going to sit back and watch the world burn
>>
>>57273023
what state do you live in
everyone I know of the money is not kept locally
>>
>>57267470
Time for some political realism:
Because you're their vassal.

You are subordinant to your government because it has the force needed to impose its laws onto you. Any and all "rights" you have are simply privileges.

You pay sales, property, gas and whatever other taxes they levy because they have the power to make you.

The strong do as they can, the weak do as they must.
>>
>>57273023
But I don't participate in society, or wouldn't if I didn't have to pay property tax.

I live in the middle of nowhere with no neighbors. I generally work from home but occasionally have to go into the city to work.

I only have a normal job because I have to pay taxes. Which is bullshit.
>>
>>57273033
>the bible

Matthew 22:17-21New International Version (NIV)

17 Tell us then, what is your opinion? Is it right to pay the imperial tax[a] to Caesar or not?”

18 But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, “You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me? 19 Show me the coin used for paying the tax.” They brought him a denarius, 20 and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”

21 “Caesar’s,” they replied.

Then he said to them, “So give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”
Romans 13:6-7New International Version (NIV)

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

Well anon? Are you going to go against God's word?
>>
File: jaghus erectus.png (3 MB, 1968x1208) Image search: [Google]
jaghus erectus.png
3 MB, 1968x1208
>>57273023
>You participate in society.
>That's an implicit agreement.
>Taxes are the price of living and participating in our society.
now we are back to the first tax dollar. It was provably collected in a society NOT funded by taxes, and thus your justification just fell apart.

and since you used that unjustified money to build the society you are trying to use as a justification, it is also unjustified
>>
>>57273160
You forget the other side of that coin. If someone wrongs you in a contract, tort or criminal sense, you are able to impose the power of the government upon them.
>>
>>57273300
I never claimed taxes are theft
I said they were a waste
>>
>>57273320
What society was this?
>>
File: obaa.png (496 KB, 553x751) Image search: [Google]
obaa.png
496 KB, 553x751
>>57273160
the bill of rights is descriptive, not prescriptive

it cannot grant what you were already born with
>>
>>57273360
Fair enough.

Tax money isn't always managed in the most efficient way. But for the most part they benefit me enough that I'm willing to pay them.
>>
>>57273375
the society before the first tax dollar
>>
>>57270573
You..... you do realize that stuff isn't free, right? How long have you been living off of welfare, friendo?
>>
>>57273470
>I can prove this society
>I just can't tell you what it is
>>
>>57273320
What government would find it advantageous to not collect from people they were protecting? This is basic economic theory, you're not going to get something for nothin.
>>
>>57267594
>muh roads
A 1-3% general sales tax could pay for every road you could ever want. Thats not where the money is going, stop misdirecting
>>
>>57273522
The one before the first tax dollar of course. :^)

Haven't you been paying attention to his shitposts?
>>
File: 1433718799872s.jpg (3 KB, 125x109) Image search: [Google]
1433718799872s.jpg
3 KB, 125x109
>>57273508
>taxes are justified because you live in a society paid by taxes
>st-stop trying to trace the justification! y-you should just shut up and pay your taxes!
>>
>>57273589
Of course, I totally forgot about that one before the first dollar of tax! Do you think they didn't have tax cents? :^D
>>
>>57273464
>But for the most part they benefit me enough that I'm willing to pay them.
90% of the crap the government does is either done inefficiently or could be done myself or by a more local government
>>
File: 1420915249786.jpg (2 MB, 3000x2102) Image search: [Google]
1420915249786.jpg
2 MB, 3000x2102
>>57273522
>>57273589
how were they able to protect the first taxpayer if they had no taxes to use to protect him?
>>
>>57273626
>I can't name this society
So you have nothing.
>>
>>57273575
Or even better fund it with gas taxes
you dont drive you dont have to pay for roads
>>
>>57273407
Rights do not exist.

The Bill of Rights is the rules your government has chosen to operate by. Tomorrow, they could convene, and create new laws that remove all of your privileges.
>>
>>57273672
I don't know about tax cents, but they did have a lot of tax SENSE. ;^) ahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>57273722
the burden is on you to prove that first tax dollar was justified

your current justification for taxes by definition cannot apply
>>
>>57273344
Oh, absolutely. The upside of being a vassal is that everyone in the territory you live in also is following the same set of rules, and that those who make the rules have a vested interest in having them followed, enough that they're willing to work with you to enforce them.
>>
>>57267470
Because you agree to it

/thread
>>
>>57267470
Because the piece of land you own is located in within the State and therefore the state has right to tax you. You are a citizen of the state and you live on land that is ''yours'' with certain rights but it's not completely yours, the land is still part of the nation and property of the nation.
>>
>>57273758
you are born with those first ten rights

the boe just describes them in case anyone forgot (like a "reconvening" government lel)
>>
>>57271951
You sign a contract and agree to HOA stuff. You don't with the government.
>>
>>57267470
>house in arizona 1300$ a year property 10% sales tax

>similar sized house in illinois where i love now. 4400$ in property tax 7.75% sales and shit ton of highway tolls
>>
>>57273816
You told me it's unjustified because of some mythical society that existed before the first tax dollar.

Now that I'm asking you tell me about this magical society you're moving the goal posts.

I've already justified why taxes exist.

So until you decide to name this society I'm not going to respond further.

You're either a retard or a troll, possibly both and this "debate" is going nowhere.
>>
>>57273717
The collection of chattel and labor before currency was established to pay others to do so; given these two general resources, materials and troops for warring were established to protect land. Once a society established a currency, the role of protection from foreign instruments is designated to specific portions of society, and they then exchange their currency for the goods and services of those designated to farm and produce.

This is pretty straightforward stuff and is the reason nations aren't invaded every few years.
>>
>>57267470
because it's needed to fund our somali nigger economic immigrants
>>
>>57273880
You are born with zero rights because rights are not a thing. They don't actually exist.

The constitution, like any other law document, has no power beyond that the government in power chooses to give it.
>>
>>57267594

oh well THEN i guess its ok
so long as put certain words around the fact

IMBECILE.
>>
>>57270854
Its not vulnetery if you have to do it (pay tax I mean)
Feels like NSA is all over this thread...
>>
>>57270618

>where you're at

nice england gramer there bud
>>
>>57273846
It's almost like everyone holding a big ass gun (old Uncle Sam) to each other's head. I'm perfectly okay with this.
>>
>>57271925
Go away NSA
>>
>>57274089
It's a central Illinois thing. Deal with it.

It's also called Cheese Toasty, not "Grilled Cheese" or what ever you faggots call it.
>>
>>57274028
Well to be fair, the bill of rights was designated as "the rights recognized by the government" in the sense that the founders acknowledged these rights as self evident, and that the government should therefore acknowledge their existence. It is true though that they are a construct, just now with governmental enforcement.
>>
>>57274089
Nice ad hominem there NSA.
>>
>>57274170
>Post objectively correct information
>NSA

What?

No, seriously, Israel. What?
>>
>>57272061
Do you seriously not know what analogous means?

Why would you put it in quotes?
>>
>>57270573

>free

>implying nigs at nite don't come and rape indiscriminately anyway.
>>
>>57270618
Psst... There is no federal property tax

And you can deduct state property tax from federal taxes if you itemize it.
>>
File: 1443743097576.png (394 KB, 493x639) Image search: [Google]
1443743097576.png
394 KB, 493x639
>>57267470
>>
You will pay taxes for as long as the US government is an entity. Maybe OP you can start your own government without taxation, and we'll see how long you last
>>
>>57274283
Don't be mad NSA, I honestly don't care how you herd your sheep.
>>
>>57272215
/k/
>>
Property tax is the Unions best friend.

Look at new jersey. A single family home, 3 bed, 2 bath, 2500 sq ft, cost around 400k to buy and around 10k a year in property taxes. For a young married couple the taxes alone make up over 25% of their yearly income.

And do you know who you have to blame? Teacher's unions. My hometown of Nutley NJ, went overboard in the 60's and raised property taxes 500% to pay for union extortion. Education, Sanitation, Etc.

On the flip side when I lived in Montana, I paid nearly zero taxes, sent my kids to a good school for 2k a year for both, bought water, sewage, electricity services from many different providers and my yearly living cost with mortgage and tuition was less than 5k a year.

But then my boss moved me to NYC and fuck this place.
>>
>>57274718
After knowing New Jersey, why the hell would you move back to NYC?
>>
>>57273726
>Or even better fund it with gas taxes
>you dont drive you dont have to pay for roads

that makes sense.
>>
>>57273865
>Because you agree to it

If your ten neighbors hold a vote to kill you, and the majority says yes, did you agree to being killed?
>>
>>57274541
>You will pay taxes for as long as the US government is an entity. Maybe OP you can start your own government without taxation, and we'll see how long you last

We're talking about state government, not federal. We're talking about property taxation, not all taxation.
>>
>>57275640
The unintended consequence is that goods and services you still pay for will be more expensive. Changing where the money is collected does not reduce to cost, only reallocates it to commercial goods like food, electronics, etc. since their infrastructural use bears a higher cost which factors into their product price. It's just a matter of whether you pay the tax at the pump or a seller as a surrogate.
>>
>>57267470

How are property rights enforced in a stateless society?
>>
I hate it but i think its alright

i think it makes sure that the land is being used
>>
>>57276279
Any people that use more goods that travel over roads will have to pay more for them?
Still dont see a problem
>>
>>57271500
This is seeming more and more practical every day.
>>
>>57276357
By force.
Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.