[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
North >112,000+ killed in action/died of wounds >25,000
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_9.png (49 KB, 323x826) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_9.png
49 KB, 323x826
North
>112,000+ killed in action/died of wounds
>25,000 died in Confederate prisons
>365,000+ total dead
>282,000+ wounded

South
>94,000+ killed in action/died of wounds >26,000–31,000 died in Union prisons
>260,000+ total dead
>137,000+ wounded

so basically the side that fought better lost and it happened only because they were outnumbered by a bunch of pussies

am i right?
>>
Didnt most southerners flee battle when it got ugly since the desertion laws were really loose?
>>
>>57261684
Pretty much. The South had better troops and better leaders, but the damnyankees had a majority of the factories and population.
>>
>>57261684

The South was fighting defensively, the North was consistently attacking fortified positions. The South did not need to take a single inch of Northern territory; the North had to take every inch of Southern territory. Its not surprising to see lower casualties of the defending side.
>>
>>57261684
They weren't outnumbered by "pussies," Anton.

There were gallant warriors on both sides, both thinking that they were doing the right thing (protecting their country from destructive, treasonous plotting).

The North's industrial supremacy and large number of Irish and German immigrant soldiers contributed to its triumph.
>>
File: cw.jpg (1 MB, 2419x2315) Image search: [Google]
cw.jpg
1 MB, 2419x2315
>>57264553
>gallant warriors

so gallant
>>
>>57261684
Reconstruction was pretty interesting, senpai. After war is always the most interesting parts of the conflicts.
>>
>so basically the side that fought better lost and it happened only because they were outnumbered by a bunch of pussies

when did that ever not happen?
>>
>>57264706
Well, I consider risking your life for your country at age 12 (?) to be gallant, definitely. I wouldn't have done it, but you have to acknowledge that there's some courage in that.
>>
>>57266351
>you have to acknowledge that there's some courage in that

courage =/= stupidity
>>
>>57267567
daily reminder that not everyone is as jaded and turdish as you. some people will fight for a cause.

Another friendly reminder; you're either a pussy or a dickgrabber.

That is all.
>>
>>57261684
OP here is what pisses me off about the CW stats and the current world we live in. White privileged? How about black fucking privilege! We tore this country in half for those mother fuckers and not once does that come in the convo. Muh slavery yes but 'thanks for ultimately freeing us' never pops up. A simple 'we appreciate the nearly 400k people who died trying to free us'

>inb4 I realize it's a slippery slope to create a problem, fix said problem and then ask for credit for it but come on.
>>
>>57261684
What is a war of attrition?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.