[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be in business class at University of Michigan >loaded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1913708_325985630359_4429191_n.jpg (78 KB, 604x546) Image search: [Google]
1913708_325985630359_4429191_n.jpg
78 KB, 604x546
>be in business class at University of Michigan
>loaded with Arabs, Chinese, and Koreans.
>professor has to spend two 3-hour class periods explaining citations and plagiarism because none of them have done this before
>explain that any intentional theft of intellectual property will immediately result in immediate failure of class, and a report to the university offices
>Chinese and Koreans eventually get the idea
>Arabs bitch and moan about how "stupid and unfair" citing your sources is. Complain that they've copied papers back home and no one gave a shit
>2 Arabs kids flunk out of class

What are the attitudes on plagiarism in your country?
>>
>>57257037
I was a TA during grad school and had a couple of idiot white american kids cheat. They managed to independently copy from the same lab report. The professor pussed out and only gave them an F for the report rather than failing them and reporting them for disciplinary action.
>>
>>57257143
Good. I fucking hate cheaters. I hope they get expelled if they try it again.
>>
>>57257037

They run everything through software which checks, it's lulzy because you only need to change a few words and the paragraph structure to get past it, also if you submit your own paper twice you will get flagged at 100%.
>>
Sure, professor, you can see my works cited page, but as a matter of security you're going to have to pay a fee and sign this non-disclosure agreement.
>>
File: 1440836425674.png (179 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
1440836425674.png
179 KB, 500x279
>>57257037
>get into business with an Egyptian guy
>he is obviously clever and knows his shit, friendly and clearly capable
>but he needs someone without a ridiculous accent and better English, better admin skills than what he had etc.
>what could possibly go wrong.jaypeg
>discover half the policies of the (small) company are blatantly and badly copied from other places
>he actually asks me to find other companies' resources and change them up so he can claim it is ours
>is actually baffled and upset when I explain to him that that's not fucking okay and we need to spend the time making our own shit
I still find every now and again the odd document from before I joined up that's frankly ridiculous. A couple of registration forms asking from obviously unnecessary info that is clearly from some company from the US (it asked whether the person registering was a Latino and listed Native American/Alaska Native as an ethnic origin, for fuck's sake) and I find myself having to redo the whole thing.
At this point I've invested too much work into the whole thing to just up and leave before there is a real payoff to my work, but sure as hell learned my lesson for the future, whenever I make my exit in a couple of years.
Never do business with kebab.
>>
>>57257037

I was studying for 6 months in an Indian university in Amritsar. Some exchange program I was happy to be in. I did not pay one cent.

Plagiatrism was really condemned over there. In Austria it´s pretty much a non-issue because the proffessors often do not check anything up. They dont run up those programs that will look through citations and databases.

In the Indian university it was mandatory that every work is checked for plagiats. I heard it was a problem a few years ago. So they implemented that new check system. Thats the reason that there are always a few students who dont pass those check ups. 5% per course. Even a small mistake is enough to get you expelled from courses.

However what I have heard is that other universities in India do not take this as serious as mine.

The number would be as high in Austria if the lecutures would actually take their jobs seriously.
>>
>>57257037
>Working as ethical consultant
>Go to Kuwait on assignment for production firm that makes adverts, movies, TV shows for overseas
>Find out they have staff members that just watch American TV and transcribe the adverts and episodes they like
>The "writers" just modify these a tiny bit for the target audience, mainly just name changes and removing religion references, then toss in stuff about allah
>Talk to the owner, explain that this is unethical and potentially really fucking illegal, depending on where he sells his shows
>He gets all emotional
>:Damn those Americans and those British! How I hate them! How can they come up with so many ideas of their own!"
>He claimed the writers he could get local, all from the best schools, just couldn't come up with anything original that people would buy and American writers were too expensive
It was eye opening
>>
Arabs have a very different sense of ethics when it comes to cheating in academics. They see it as being an acceptable means of getting forward.

Here in Israel we have a serious problem with Arabs cheating on their high school finals to get into universities easily, so we have had a generic english/math/language [hebrew/arabic] test introduced to filter out the cheaters.

I study with a bunch of them, they are the merchantiests of merchants.
>>
>>57258015
What kind of business, anon?
>>
Can confirm cheating is common from Asians at Penn state

They talk in their language at back of class during tests
>>
>>57260784
Whereas the jews get ahead via cultish nepotism.
>>
>>57257037
I copied 1/3 of my Master's Thesis.

Next question.
>>
>>57261520
It's nepotism that earns all these scientific prizes and creates all of these amazing inventions and puts us as the group with the highest iq on earth I bet!
>>
>>57257037
I almost failed a class once because the Chinese kid I was partnered with plagiarized the vast majority of his portion of the paper and then tried to blame it all on me. He then cried racism despite the prof being from Columbia and I was forced to attend a "consoling session" that consisted of me, the dean of our department, him and HIS parents. My parents were pissed that they couldn't be present and It was at that time my young liberal mind began to hate multiculturalism.
>>
>>57257037
The only kebab I ever worked with at university had dyslexia and I had to do all the work, but sure, he wasn't above plagiarising.

A friend that attends a different university with lots of kebabs says most flunk their first year, since they all copy their assignments.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.