[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't the capital of the US New York? New York is basically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 6035087765_26fe1d6a17_b.jpg (184 KB, 958x728) Image search: [Google]
6035087765_26fe1d6a17_b.jpg
184 KB, 958x728
Why isn't the capital of the US New York?
New York is basically the capital of the world (along with London, and perhaps Tokyo), so why is not the capital of the US of 'M?
>>
Neue Amsterdam
>>
because that would mean it would be too easy to protest the government, organize etc

if you notice, every US state has its capital in a random city- New York in Albany, California in Sacramento

there's a method to the madness of disenfranchisement
>>
>>57252827
Washington DC was chosen as the capital because it was an irrelevant swamp with nothing important in it, and thus destroying it would accomplish nothing.

This is why Americans are so dismissive of 1812's burning of Washington. It literally accomplished nothing, you could've done more actual damage burning empty fields in Wyoming because at least those could theoretically be used to feed cattle, whereas DC was designed from the ground up to be a city without value to attract enemy fire away from more important locations.

What's funnier is that someone actually fell for such a stupid stratagem.
>>
>>57252827
Jew York already fucks up the rest of New York state, that's bad enough.
>>
every american hates new yorkers. also there is way more military bases in MD/DC/VA so it's a better place for the capitol.
>>
The same reason Albany is the capitol of the State of New York and not Manhattan. Our country was founded as a hedge against centralized power.
>>
>>57252934
That's pretty cool.
I'm glad people didn't assume that this thread was just a joke.
>>
>>57252934
its so retarded it works
>>
>>57252827
yeah why not put all the power in one city? Brits seem to love that London controls everything in the nation
>>
>>57252827
Ahmed you dumb fuck get off the Internet and back to ur own country
>>
The actual answer? It was too far north, and it was seen as giving the north an advntage over other colonies by having the capital in NY. Which is why the "District of Columbia" was created, which was basically roughly in the middle of the colonies at the time, and was not a "State" so was therefore in theory not under the influence of any one state. That's the answer.
>>
>>57252934
Jesus is that fucking fucking stupid logic....Why do people give answers to things they do't know?
>>
>>57257283
thank you i was waiting for some one to put the right answer.
>>
>>57257418
Not a problem mate. I just don't get why people spread disinformation like "it was put in DC to be awa from other things so as to draw eneemy fire away other cities...." one of the reasons the location of DC specifically was picked was bc the waterways around there allowed for the placement of naval bases all along the area to make it MORE defensible. Why would you WANT your capital city to be a fucking magnet for enemy fire under any circumstances? If you don't know the correct answer, why spread disinformation? People's stupidity amazes me sometimes.
>>
>>57252892
>every US state has its capital in a random city
not mine
>>
It was you jackass after the civil war they moved it to a more nuetral location to make everyone happy when the southern leaders came back to the country.
>>
File: Us_reg_dc_2872.jpg (195 KB, 1728x855) Image search: [Google]
Us_reg_dc_2872.jpg
195 KB, 1728x855
Every now and then, the Dindus of Columbia make calls to have statehood. It kind of makes sense for them to have self governance, but nobody wants an extra blue seat in the Senate.
>>
>>57252892
Many capitals were located in central locations to make access easier to everyone in the state. The US capital was chosen for the same reason, to be in what was then a central location for the nation.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.