[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mein Kampf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10
File: 180px-MeinKampf.jpg (16 KB, 180x280) Image search: [Google]
180px-MeinKampf.jpg
16 KB, 180x280
Good day /pol/,

Was thinking about getting Mein Kampf. Seems like an interesting book. Has anyone here actually read it? Is it worth the read?
>>
You can download on the internet if you can right now I'm sure. Depends on what you mean by "is it worth reading." Most people expect 500 pages of a madman rambling about barbecuing jews. It's interesting if your interested in the first WW and Weimar politics.
>>
>>57251287
I prefer an actual book instead of reading on a computer screen, much more relaxing imo.

I am interested in learning more about Hitler and his views on things, so this seems like a good read then?
>>
Yes and yes. Go read it.
>>
>>57251222
Meh/10 it's very ramble filled
>>
File: 32526898.png (274 KB, 1005x381) Image search: [Google]
32526898.png
274 KB, 1005x381
>>
>>57251571
Depends. Strangely, probably the world's foremost expert of AH, David Irving, has never read it and says he doubts it's by him. He recommends "Hitler's Second Book" or "Hitler's Table Talk." It will probably bore you if you aren't really interested in geopolitics, but then there are some passages that are just classic, like the "the Jews and the big lie" and a few others. IDK, do you read German? I guess so, prob a proxy, so you don't need to worry about which translation. The Us Manheim edition had an intro and footnotes by Abe Foxman (!! kike head of ADL) and drove me insane. If you have the money, would be cool to own the first German edition printed since 44 or 45.
>>
If you want to read up on him, read his best (and only) friend's book about his youth. It's scary how much he sounds like someone who would have posted on /r9k/.
>>
>>57251846
I am not on a proxy, i prefer to read the book in English, Dutch is also fine. I did some research already and saw some people talking about 'Hitler's Table Talk'. I might go for that one because i see a lot of negative reactions about Mein Kampf... Thanks for your reply.
>>
>>57251222
No, only people who would recommend you read it are people who never read it.
>>
Start with The Foundations of the Nineteenth Century, followed by The Myth of the Twentieth Century and then Mein Kampf as the third book. This will either bore you or turn you into a NatSoc.
>>
Mein Kampf is essentially the 1920's equivalent of a shitpost
>>
>>57251222

Yes, read it when I was 16. Quite a long one. 24 now and still remember it well.
>>
>>57252121
Seems interesting, will look it up, thanks
>>
>>57251222
Whether you agree on the contents of the book or not, you will probably find it very interesting. I'd definitely recommend reading it.
>>
>>57251923
Have a name for that book?
>>
>>57252121
Seems like there is no other way than downloading the e-book version. I cant find any physical copies of it unfortunately.
>>
>>57251222
>Was thinking about getting Mein Kampf. Seems like an interesting book. Has anyone here actually read it? Is it worth the read?

It's very dry.
>>
File: 1447597456543.png (160 KB, 333x339) Image search: [Google]
1447597456543.png
160 KB, 333x339
>>57251222
>actually falling for the nazi satire /pol meme
>>
We occasionally get these threads, the general consensus is that if your interested in Hitler and are reading it because its his book, its alright and probably worth the time, there's a lot of junk and useless filler in it, but you get a few short glimpses into Hitler in it.

For people reading it from a political, social or economic sense, its really not very good and not worth the time to read because of the way he explains and justifies his comments on his views, the evidence is pretty poor and his reasoning is based on his own ideas as opposed to proven evidence in economic and social senses. He also makes a fuckload of incorrect assumptions, assumptions even at the time were pretty out there and unproven or justified, it all links up in a sense but it always just seems to tie back to his own ideas that he is trying to prove in the first time (essentially he cites his own book and his other political works for the ideas he is trying to prove).

All in all, its not great, there's many much better political reads out there.
>>
>>57252708
Wasn't it illegal in Holland?
>>
File: viper 2.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
viper 2.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
>>57252823
>falling for the /pol/ is satire meme

you've been jewed gyro
>>
>>57252865

What are said 'much better political reads'? This is something that interests me, need some summer reading.
>>
>>57251222
poorly writen wank fest, created by a dude who had no idea how biology works and very little information about history
>>
File: Ignore_Amerifag.png (910 KB, 1223x836) Image search: [Google]
Ignore_Amerifag.png
910 KB, 1223x836
>>57251740

Amerifags - I despise them. Nobody on /pol/ is so bad as Amerifags.
>>
>>57251222
It's very thick and very dense. Its syntax is extricate and he tends to ramble a lot. Also, You won't get much about his actual ideology, it's more about how things were back then...Let's not forget he supposedly wrote that in prison after a failed attempt at a putsch.
So you'll get a good idea of how tense things were back then.
>>
>>57252984
>reagan poster
>libertarian flag

Actually the dumbest image i have seen today.

You are the cancerous american my friend
>>
It's pretty boring honestly: it starts with a small autobiography of Hitler followed by the struggles of his party, stretched over 500 pages.

It's probably worth reading just to be able to claim you indeed read it but it's really meh.
>>
>>57252708
RT said that its now avalible in germany yesterday
>>
File: jews debate.jpg (150 KB, 614x780) Image search: [Google]
jews debate.jpg
150 KB, 614x780
>>57251222

The leftists use the propagandist slur that it was poorly written. It wasnt.

Pic related is sometimes attributed to Ben Garrison, but its from Mein Kampf, with the worlds altered slightly. I recall thunderstruck being in there, but not in the pic related version for example.
>>
File: 1448324177650.jpg (106 KB, 847x960) Image search: [Google]
1448324177650.jpg
106 KB, 847x960
>>57252823
>Reminder that the /pol/ is satire meme is shilling and should be reported on sight
>>
>>57252873
seriously? Yesterday went with gf to the mall looking for books to buy with this month's paycheck, and there were like 40 copies of a new edition of Mein Kampf right in that shelf where they put the suggestions for christmas presents
>>
>>57253259
>>57252823

Reminder to kill yourself because white genocide and cultural marxism are real, and not hilarious memes that white people love laughing about.
>>
File: 1447828108770.jpg (61 KB, 416x620) Image search: [Google]
1447828108770.jpg
61 KB, 416x620
>>57253354

>What is reading comprehension

Got syrup in your eyes?
>>
>>57253207
I read it, and it is written poorly. And no, I'm not a leftist.
>>
>>57253508
Swedish leftists make me sick, #prayforparis? #prayformmalmö
>>
>>57252708
Check flea markets. Every militaria seller has at least one copy of Mein Kampf under the table. Stumbled over a dozen Mein Kampf and Rosenberg books this year alone. My bookshelfes are filled with NS books.
>>
>>57252057
Oh, in that case, if you're going with English, you want either the Manheim or Murphy?(some irish name) translation. Watch out for the ones with a "warning" by some pompous Jew. You're prob better off getting an older one off eBay if you're going to read in English. I'd probably start with "Hitler's War" by Irving. Irving isn't going to be alive much longer and the Jews are going to get all his books out of print, so it's a good investment.
>>
>>57253598
Just to clear that up, you mean you keep those at your summer home in the US, you don't have them in germany....
>>
>>57251923
Do you know the friend's name? If it was printed after the war, was a Jew smear piece. The only incident I know of with a friend is the guy he'd go to see Wagner with on occasion, and one night he had almost a...sort of meta, mystical experience and saw his destiny. His friend reminded him of it after he became chancellor and he said to him: "You remember? That was the night it began." It sounds sort of gay maybe but it's a cool story. Forget where I heard it.
>>
>>57252947

Oh, it ranges, what are you interested in?

Noam Chomsky is pretty good, and its current stuff so you can relate it to things that you have seen in the news, though lots of people here dislike him because he is seen as 'leftist'. Orwell is good if you want a book with a narrative, though his books tend to be about interpretation and reading between the lines, its also shown as time went on that his critiques on communism especially were wrong, because it became apparent that all countries are like that and that they weren't ideologically specific problems.

Those are the two big to start on,

I also personally like Marx, and many people will argue its probably the most well documented and adaptable writings on any ideology, his original stuff is very good and applies to loads of different disciplines and still carry's a whole lot of emphasis even now days. Also for every single idea in Marxism, every single problem, there will be dozens of academic works explaining in detail or solving complex Marxist problems. The problem with Marx is many people wont read it simply because it is taboo and they dont want to read anything that is deemed 'communist' despite its academic nature and real life applications.

I've also read a bit on Von Mises stuff and although im not really interested in the Austrian economic model, it was very interesting none the less, though i'd start on some of the easier works because they can be very hard to read.
>>
>>57253598
Where do you find the original version of Mein Kampf?
>>
>>57253036
>Also, You won't get much about his actual ideology, it's more about how things were back then...Let's not forget he supposedly wrote that in prison after a failed attempt at a putsch.
>So you'll get a good idea of how tense things were back then.

That sounds much more interesting
>>
File: swedishpeople.jpg (26 KB, 490x256) Image search: [Google]
swedishpeople.jpg
26 KB, 490x256
>>57253508
>>57253589

Sure thing Sven, now tell me the one about how youre not gay and you just like feminine penises.
>>
Honestly, its not very well written, and the English translation isn't very good. Learn German and read the real shit.
>>
>>57254186
>the English translation isn't very good
There is like 6 of them. the Ford Version is apparently very good, while the others were poorly done.
>>
Okay ill try to get these:

The Foundations of the Nineteenth Century
The Myth of the Twentieth Century
Hitler's War
Mein Kampf

Seems like a nice list to start of with.
>>
>>57254127
you could read /pol/ to get an idea of "how tense things are now" and it would give you the same feeling, except this is just a place where frustrated people go to vent and things in the real world are actually pretty fine.
>>
>>57251222

Listen to the audiobook if you don't want to read.
(Youtube)

It is pretty good.
The historical parts can get slightly dull for those without an interest in history.

It is amazing how perceptive Hitler was.

Worth a read I would say, no where near as bad as I was lead to believe.
>>
>>57254186
this might actually be true. I've been learning Deutsch for 8 months now and it's a remarkably different language, much to my liking, being rather objective and systematic. Made me realise that learning Portuguese must be a fucking nightmare with the amount of irregular cases we have everywhere
>>
>>57254068

Thank you, I'll pick the ones I haven't read up on amazon
>>
>>57251846
>has never read it
>doubts it's by him.

How can you even say something so stupid.
>>
>>57254347
I also suggest to wathc: The greatest story never told, Dutch bro.
>>
>>57255431
I already watched it twice lol
>>
>>57251222
Great read
>>
I've struggled to get past the first couple of pages. He could have benefited from having a ghostwriter to make his shit less dense and monotonous. Say a JK Rowling or God (of Bible fame). Quite the uptight lad he was, Adolf.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.