[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't you converted to based Hinduism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: 279639.jpg (27 KB, 349x338) Image search: [Google]
279639.jpg
27 KB, 349x338
Why haven't you converted to based Hinduism?
>>
File: 1448846849229.jpg (214 KB, 579x951) Image search: [Google]
1448846849229.jpg
214 KB, 579x951
>based Hinduism
>>
>>57247754
I'm not sure
>>
Because i don't shit on the streets
>>
Really though, I guess I'm up for conversion.
Can you just explain it to me a little better?

What's it about?
What am I required to do, and magical sky fairies ass will I be kissing?(if any at all)
>>
>>57247754
They don't have solidified system of definitions for their religion, it's basically combination of different pagan religions practiced on Hindi(sindh) region.
>>
>>57247932
You have to drink cow urine before conversion, for purity purposes of course.
>>
My understanding is that it's not possible to convert as one's family and village has particular traditions which have developed over many years, possibly centuries. It's part of Indian society. There are some white people who go around dressing in the clobber, ringing bells and protecting sacred bulls but they're just playing at it really aren't they?

It's not like evangelical Christianity, there's no basic message, but an intricate and communal interpretation of the most important part of the vast hindu cannon. Practising on your own juat isn't an option and you're likely not to be taken seriously if you turn up to a hindu temple asking to become one. That said, the Upanishads are well worth reading.
>>
>>57248132
I'd rather shove my dick into one before I drink its piss desu kek senpai baka
>>
>>57247754
because worshiping the 2 headed monkey god of designated shitting streets seems backward in the extreme. I'm not sure who is more retarded, Hindus or furries.
>>
File: 1443709686985.jpg (107 KB, 647x720) Image search: [Google]
1443709686985.jpg
107 KB, 647x720
>>57247754
Because I believe in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I still admire Hindu history and philosophy though
>>
File: 1448872502580.jpg (143 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1448872502580.jpg
143 KB, 800x800
Hinduism is based.

It is very similar to Buddhism at its core. Lots of beauty and truth in the Bhagavad Gita. There are many Gods, but laymen don't know they are all considered different aspects and facets of the same one God. God is considered to be consciousness itself, and awareness of this comes through introspection and the realization that the ego and form we believe ourselves to be is not the truth of our identity. Everything that we think, desire, and believe ourselves to be is secondary to the pure undifferentiated consciousness that witnesses time and all changing things.

I recommend anyone who is interested study Advaita Vedanta, and check out Ramana Maharishi, Gangaji, and Mooji

Mooji is the best teacher I have ever listened to. Profoundly simple truth.
>>
>converting to poo in streets

no. also they do piercings and all that weird shit worshiping fucking animals.

We should genocide these street shitting pagans desu.
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
>>57247754

Theological issues for the most part, toilet related ones.
>>
I'm certainly in the market for religious conversion, because I'm starting to question the Catholic Church, but Hinduism doesn't seem to be particularly open to conversion. There are a lot of local traditions involved in Hindu practice that don't exist in America, apparently it's tied into the Indian caste system too, and it's not like I can just go to a Hindu temple and convert even if I were to sit down and read the books. Like, I know what the process of converting to Christianity would be. I have some idea of what the conversion processes for Islam and Judaism would look like. Even Buddhism seems to have some kind of conversion process, if its role in the West is ever not just "something hipsters get into because it's all cool and foreign and stuff". I don't even know if conversion to Hinduism is really possible. I've certainly rarely if ever heard of it.
>>
>>57249754
Afaik people born outside the Varnas can't convert to Hinduism (although they do many many new age groups who would contest that). I think caste is more tied to culture than with religion - for instance I'm a Catholic, but I'm from the Kshatriya caste so I'm still within the Indian system.

What's your beef with the Church?
>>
>>57250354
Well, maybe I shouldn't have put it so specifically about the Church. It's more questioning the degree to which any Christianity lines up with my values, because I can tell my values are shifting. The last time I was in this position, I was in it from an extremely liberal angle ten years ago, when I was in high school. I snapped out of that and went back to the Church, but now I feel myself moving more conservative while the Church is going more liberal, and part of me can't shake the feeling that Pope Francis' liberal policies are better supported by Jesus' teaching than my opinions would be. I'm mainly questioning whether I still fit into Jesus' flock like I used to, if Jesus is still the good shepherd I want to follow, if you get what I mean.
>>
Because I shit in toilets which is against their religion.
>>
>>57247754
No because I am literally on the toilet right now.
>>
>>57247754
i like using toilets
and becaise all religions are stupid
>>
File: 1448870265920.gif (3 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
1448870265920.gif
3 MB, 359x202
>2015
>not being agnostic

What are you even doing?
>>
>>57247754
Because I poo in the loo and bathe regularly.
>>
>>57247754
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl0EQcaE4W8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEpJdHS1pV0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDtbcFKDOZg

You guys worship actual demons.
>>
>>57251039
This is kind of interesting, you'd rather change your religion than change your politics. You have stronger commitment to political ideas than religious ones. If the Pope's views line up with Christ's wouldn't you have a stronger affinity to those views?
>>
>>57247754
>57248538
It's shit tier, Buddhism is the based. Fuck Hindu assholes. Caste hungry bastards.
>>
>>57247754

Why haven't you reverted to based Vedic polytheism?

>O [Indra] Lord of all men, fair of cheek, rejoice thee in the gladdening lauds, present at these drink-offerings.

>He [Indra], much invoked, hath slain Dasyus and Åšimyus, after his wont, and laid them low with arrows. The mighty Thunderer with his fair-complexioned friends won the land, the sunlight, and the waters.

>He gained possession of the Sun and Horses, Indra obtained the Cow who feedeth many.
Treasure of gold he won; he smote the Dasyus, and gave protection to the Aryan color.

>O'er Sire and Mother they have roared in unison bright with the verse of praise, burning up riteless men, blowing away with supernatural might from earth and from the heavens the swarthy skin which Indra hates.
>>
File: 018458184753749.jpg (15 KB, 261x293) Image search: [Google]
018458184753749.jpg
15 KB, 261x293
>>57247754
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.