[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LINUX and BSD are FREE AS FREEDOM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 12
File: KURWOM.jpg (1 MB, 1683x1725) Image search: [Google]
KURWOM.jpg
1 MB, 1683x1725
There are people on this board that don't use linux and free software.
Literaly why are you part of botnet and data mining, everyone of you can change linux, modyfied it to your needs.
I know that few things sucks, drvires, x.org, most games don't work. But if we all push together to linux, we can cut down jewish software corporation and force hardware /softaware companys to open source.
LINUX and BSD are not something diffrent it's politics of freedom
Install linux today, http://www.linuxmint.com/
>>
I need my Steam games senpai...
>>
File: mid_img_2363.jpg (118 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
mid_img_2363.jpg
118 KB, 900x675
RMS is the most based Jew in the world.
>>
>>57237356
use linux for everything and have windows for games with uninstaled drivers
If you have 2 graphic cards like intel and amd/nvidia
you can play easliy on vm, with only 10-20% loss of FPS

And cutting the amount of time of games is kinda good
>>
>>57237356
SteamOS kinda sucks, a lot games don't work on it. You can dual boot into SteamOS and have a separate partition with your favorite BSD or Linux distro
>>
>>57237303
>Literaly why are you part of botnet and data mining
>I know that few things sucks, drvires, x.org, most games don't work.

I think you just answered your own question, senpai. Also, every OS is free if you're not an idiot so saying "Linux is free!" doesn't really mean much.
>>
Stallman is a commie who approves of pedophilia. Read his manifesto. He even dresses up as a mock priest. And there's now way loonix isn't backdoored in one way or another and as he says himself it's futile if your hardware isn't open source too.

That said Linux is still better than Windows 10 if only for the productivity gains from lack of vidya.
>>
>>57237947
>every OS is free
>>
>>57237947
free as freedom, you can take apart EVERY THING IN THE OS, and look what it is exaly doing.
>>57238050
>Stallman is a commie who approves of pedophilia.
Attacking ad personalem, so low anon
>. And there's now way loonix isn't backdoored in one way or another
Sugessting that is like there is no way that your locks in house is not backdoored, so why bother using good locks?
Trust me linux is one of most audited and secured os of all.
>>
>>57238341
>free as freedom, you can take apart EVERY THING IN THE OS, and look what it is exaly doing.

And 99.999% of people have neither the slightest idea how nor reason to want to do such a thing. I find it very strange that neckbeard cliches who spend all day shitting around on messageboards and watching anime have this massive complex about making sure that the government/corporations can't track what they're doing, as if anyone has the slightest interest in their activities in the first place.
>>
File: stallman2.jpg (65 KB, 567x565) Image search: [Google]
stallman2.jpg
65 KB, 567x565
>>57238341
FREEDOM
>>
I have been rocking Windows XP and 7 most of my life. My first computer had 98. I did use Ubuntu with KDE as my primary OS for awhile before I got into gaming on PC. I also have a debian VPS to run OpenVPN. I'm legit more comfortable with bash than the windows command prompt. I haven't gotten my feet wet with non Debian derived distros though yet. I plan to move to some distro after Windows 7 stops recieving security updates in 2020, hopefully there will be better support for Linux by then.
>>
Linux ftw
I run ubuntu in my netbook and it works 100times better than windows 7 starter
>>
File: 1444316430176.jpg (5 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
1444316430176.jpg
5 KB, 240x232
>>57238050
>Linux backdoored

It is an OS that is completely community built you shitlord. Get a fucking grip.
Backdoored....
Smh
>>
>>57240836
I meant that most hardware still has BIOS back doors.
>>
>>57240944
libreboot.
Actualy all BIOS frimware is very simple to decompile and there was a lot of atemps to find hacks and e x ploits in it.
worrying fact is Intel Mangment and all that crypto code, but they are working on it.
>>
>>57237303
>Linux

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
File: hisv.jpg (241 KB, 1155x897) Image search: [Google]
hisv.jpg
241 KB, 1155x897
>>57237303
>>
>>57237303

Master race reporting in.
>>
bump because this is better than nigger dicks
>>
File: NSA-Windows_2015-07-22_04.png (3 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
NSA-Windows_2015-07-22_04.png
3 MB, 2560x1600
>>57237303
>>
>>57237356
Build the wall, gorgonzola.
>>
Linux back doored by the NSA since 8 August 2003.
NSA Security-enhanced Linux is a set of patches to the Linux kernel and some utilities to incorporate a strong, flexible mandatory access control (MAC) architecture into the major subsystems of the kernel. It provides an enhanced mechanism to enforce the separation of information based on confidentiality and integrity requirements, which allows threats of tampering and bypassing of application security mechanisms to be addressed and enables the confinement of damage that can be caused by malicious or flawed applications. It includes a set of sample security policy configuration files designed to meet common, general-purpose security goals.

SELinux was designed to demonstrate the value of mandatory access controls to the Linux community and how such controls could be added to Linux. Originally, the patches that make up SELinux had to be explicitly applied to the Linux kernel source; SELinux has been merged into the Linux kernel mainline in the 2.6 series of the Linux kernel.
>>
File: 084.png (298 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
084.png
298 KB, 600x512
>>57246200
>backdoor
>in open source and audited software
>>
>>57237303
Stallman is a jew

Nothing more Jewish than supporting something because it's free.
>>
>>57240836
Not really.

If it's completely community built, why does Ubuntu log your keystrokes back to Amazon.com?
>>
>>57237356
see if your game runs on winehq.org

also see if your game has native linux support for steam
>>
>>57244164
ayyyyy
>>
>>57246298
I mean, the guy is full of shit.
But I think you have forgotten the major security flaws in open source software that went unnoticed for years.
Forgotten Heartbleed? That has to be the biggest security bug ever, in terms of scale.

Open Source is a tool, a means to an end. Not a cure-all.
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 250x187
>>57246531
Reminder that stallman is a Jew

And you are not a redpill if you support him
>>
File: image.jpg (265 KB, 766x758) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
265 KB, 766x758
gay fat kike
>>
>>57238341
>>57240836
>>57246298
Binary blobs, you idiots. And before you even reply back to me, make sure you don't have any binary blobs in your kernel. If you do, don't even bother.

>>57243121
>Impeach God
lel, what a subversive Jew!

>>57246531
Heartbleed happened because the OpenSSL developers are amateurs, not because it's open-source.

>>57246587
Not just a Jew, but an amateur too. His code is ugly and ridiculous, and he has written virtually nothing in decades. He's all talk no action.
>>
Always assume that if anyone really wants to they can crack into any computer including yours. It does not matter if it is Linux, Windows, or that Apple thing.

The advantage of Linux is that there are people that look for and sometimes find things in Linux and you can easily change the code if needed. When something is found they go back and check everything else. That does not happen with say windows unless someone notices odd data transfer's with say WireShark.

Aside from fucking Ubunto and Amazon, Linux does not call home with odd information about you. Although some apps in Linux certainly can (Skype, Chrome, Browser add-ons).

Also there are very few viruses that attack Linux. Virus things are pretty much a none issue in Linux.
>>
>>57246905

>The advantage of Linux is that there are people that look for and sometimes find things in Linux
Not really, Linux development practices are poor. It's not well documented, and code review and auditing are not common practice.

There isn't much advantage to Linux really besides the fact that you can fix it yourself, but that advantage is complicated by the fact that it is very poorly documented.

Depending on which distribution you are using, you can also claim there's the advantage of sane defaults, but that's rare these days. Most people use Ubuntu or some variant of Debian, which has awful defaults. It literally opens your machine up by default.
>>
>>57237303
sup bruh
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.