[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: saruman-orc.jpg (22 KB, 374x276) Image search: [Google]
saruman-orc.jpg
22 KB, 374x276
'I looked then and saw that his robes, which had seemed white, were not so, but were woven of all colours. and if he moved they shimmered and changed hue so that the eye was bewildered.
' "I liked white better," I said.
' "White! " he sneered. "It serves as a beginning. White cloth may be dyed. The white page can be overwritten; and the white light can be broken."
' "In which case it is no longer white," said I. "And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
>>
youre autistic
>>
White people are racist. News at 11.
>>
>>56818505
It means:
IS THE DRESS BLUE AND GOLD??
OR BLACK AND WHITE?
>>
>>56819056
True t.b.h.
>>
>>56819779

laughed
>>
>>56818505
It's a metaphore for western society desu senpai
>>
>>56818505
It means purity is a canvas, waiting to be tainted.
Or it means you're a fucking retard and either searching for shit that isn't there, or just baiting.
>>
>>56818505
In ancient european culture (something tolkein was a student of) a pure soul was white, and an impure soul was multi-colored. So in this case Saruman had become corrupted, this being reflected by the color of his robe. Naturally, Saruman tries to justify this by saying the multicolored is better because "muh progress". This has interesting applications in todays society, as I presume you have thought of.
>>
>>56818505
>>56820674
>In which case it is no longer white," said I. "And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom

Here we see the reason the multi-colored robe (soul/society). By exploring the potential of the white you end up destroying it, losing the thing you elwere trying to understand, leaving you with less than what you had in the first place (the white can be anything, the multi-colored can only be what it has become)
>>
>>56821010
Or rather that you can only be pure once. You can't get back to it when you corrupt yourself, you can get closs but there will always be a taint.

Furthermore, the implication towards leftism is interesting. It starts with "good intentions" of exploring the white's potential, but you lose the thing you weretrying to improve. In left terms this means we lose our culture and people, in trying to make them better. The important point is the "good intentions" can easily persuade those naive enough to believe they work. It's not till they've lost what they loved that they realize they loved it.

Like the Athiest politician in India in Raspail's The Camp of Saints. He worked his whole life to try and bring the world closer together to end up being trampled by the masses he was trying to help. In his final seconds he admits to himself h. actually does love the west, amd regrets his part in it's destruction
>>
>>56818505
It means the LHC is the stupidest thing we've ever done.
>>
>>56822368
Unfortunately Saruman did not realize the error of his ways, which may be Tolkein telling us those who corrupt themselves are a lost cause
>>
File: 1391758853274.jpg (400 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1391758853274.jpg
400 KB, 1920x1080
>>56818505

It meant Saruman had abandoned the stabiliy of his rank and the new changing swirling colours reflected his state of mind.

> In other words Gandalf was saying politely that Saruman had gone bat shit crazy psycho hose beast insane.
>>
>>56823005
This. Also, "so that the eye was bewildered" implies that you can't understand what you see. Even the black of orcs is preferrable, because it is pure, simple evil.
>tl;dr jews
>>
File: 546756754.jpg (63 KB, 1900x1200) Image search: [Google]
546756754.jpg
63 KB, 1900x1200
>>56818505
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.