[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>University is NOT about creating an intellectual space,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9
File: lynchmobintensifies.png (242 KB, 281x439) Image search: [Google]
lynchmobintensifies.png
242 KB, 281x439
>University is NOT about creating an intellectual space, it is about creating a home here! Do you understand that?
>Yale University students snap their fingers in approval of chastisement directed towards professor who refused to tell students to self censor their costumes for halloween

What can be done to save academia, /pol?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd4kX66uG1M
>>
>>56808774
Let the soft sciences, arts and humanities consume themselves the replace them with hard sciences once the fires go out.
>>
>>56808774
What is the point of going to uni to learn a "soft science?"
>>
File: 1448125433993.jpg (41 KB, 400x337) Image search: [Google]
1448125433993.jpg
41 KB, 400x337
Go full on Japan, and remove useless shit like humanities, gender/race studies, etc. In addition, remove race quotas and any sort of affirmative action.
>>
>>56808774
Man Im glad that foreign exchange teacher who introduced african and womens studies got fired from my university
>>
>>56808774
More redpilled students need to take humanities.
I'm serious.
I agree with the removal of quotas and bullshit topics, but nothing is going to change if everyone who knows what's up goes into the hard sciences. We need to retake control of the humanities from the leftists.
>>
>>56808993
non science degrees can be worthwhile. The girl having a temper tantrum towards the end is actually a senior historian, not even a gender studies student. How horrifying.
>>
>>56808774
>everything SJWs touch turn to shit
go figure
>>
>>56808774
>Snap their fingers

Please tell me this isn't real, do people snap their fingers in approval?

Why must the human race be so difficult to love?
>>
>>56809089
yea they should have done that 10 years ago
>>
>>56808903
Yes let them all crash and burn. I run a small business and am fairly successful. I think id hire someone who went to work straight out of high school over some idiot who got some shitty so called "education". These kids will learn when they're unemployed and in thousands of dollars of loan debt because they majored in gender studies and the kids who just went out and busted their ass are millionaires by 30.
>>
File: 1447554029082.jpg (112 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
1447554029082.jpg
112 KB, 480x720
>>56809574
yes they are valuable

because they all pay their tuitions to the university.
>>
>>56809490
This, what /pol/ doesn't realize is that this board is more humanities based than actual politics. It's a politics and humanities board.
>>
>>56809831
>historians, philosophers, accountants and politicians aren't important

come on now.
>>
>>56809742
>be European
>make fun of Americans for clapping for everything
>Americans start to change
>oh noes what the fuck are they doing I'm disappointed in the human race.

You guys asked for this.
>>
>>56810049
Sociology, Psychology and Critical Theory need to go, for a start.
>>
>>56810089
>Implying these retarded self-entitled spoiled brats are snapping their fingers because of memes
>>
End it and start anew tbqhwyfamily
>>
Government needs to pull funding for the majority of universities in the US, and stop subsidizing student loans. Let the university system collapse in on itself, then it can be rebuilt without the antipositivist Frankfurt School bullshit.

End affirmative action, repeal Title IX, no federal funding except grants for the hard sciences (which should be increased, doubled even, it would be nothing compared to the savings).
>>
>>56810304
It's okay to be critical of positivism in some subjects. Just don't go batshit crazy leftist mode.
>>
>>56808774
Nothing can be done to save academia. It's a walking corpse. Only the destruction of the universities at the hands of the leftists can lead to anything worthwhile being built from the rubble.

It's going to get a lot worse before it gets any better:

http://www.thedemands.org/

>5. College administrators, professors, and staff must publicly acknowledge their racism, be it overt, covert, or passive.

>a. We suggest that every week a faculty member come forward and publicly admit their participation in racism inside the classroom via a letter to the editor in the Guilfordian.
>>
>>56810409
Yeah, the problem isn't anti-positivism per she, it's that it is being taught implicitly in the whole curriculum. There isn't actual discussion of it, only hints that it's true and you should accept it and move on. You can't push an ideology by teaching it directly, only by inserting it in other subjects.
>>
File: 1411338476359.png (195 KB, 358x335) Image search: [Google]
1411338476359.png
195 KB, 358x335
>>56810089
at last I truly see
>>
>>56808774
When a system is beyond repair, build a new one.
If the problem spreads virally, make sure you contain either the new system and expand the containment zone or contain the infected one and shrink the containment zone - whichever is cheaper.
>>
>>56809089
Do American schools really have race quotas?

How is that differently from what Nazi Germany was doing?
>>
>>56809963
This shouldn't be the case, there's already a board for humanities and history. There's also a good number of threads that could and should be moved to /lit/ or /his/, but moderation here is useless as fuck.
>>
>>56810454
Ah come on,this is satire...right?
>>
>>56811060
Quotas are actually illegal. See Gratz v. Bollinger.
>>
>>56811060
>How is that differently from what Nazi Germany was doing?
It isn't,extremes tend to mimic one another,be it Nazi-like or SJW-like.
>>
>>56811060
Brazilian universities does not have only race quotas as they have quotas for students who went through public education.
>>
>>56808774
So how are these students liberals? What sort of costumes did they want censored? I ask because it sounds honestly like a bunch of morality crusaders trying to pressure girls into wearing long skirts and dress modestly.

And the Mary Whitehouse brigade were anything but liberal, obviously.
>>
>>56810198

>don't study society or human behavior

uhh
>>
>>56811765
Because amerifats butchered the meaning of liberalism. Also, /pol/ shouts ''liberals'' to define anything that they don't like.
>>
>>56809574
>She'll be teaching someone's kids that they were kings 'n shit and that pyrammids were silos.
>>
>>56812173
and about muh black inventions
>>
>>56811765
No they're worried about cultural appropriation. A common college party heme may be something along the lines of a "fiesta" people may wear a sumbrero and people will drink tequila and dos Equis. It's not meant to insult anyone from Mexico it's good natured fun. Remember these are the people who want "safe speech zones" in past fascist regimes you would be killed for speaking out against what's accepted (ussr for example) now they will ruin you through social media, make sure you're fired from our job and almost unhire-able elsewhere.
>>
>>56808774
The problem started when colleges instituted diversity quotas. Smart and hardworking, but not smart and hardworking enough minorities were placed into academic environments where they could not be competitive. Blacks at Yale really belong at good state schools, not elite private schools. They can't keep up with the work and blame the institution and "racism" for their failure.
>>
File: tenshinhan.png (233 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
tenshinhan.png
233 KB, 350x350
>biochemistry PhD
>lumped in with faggots and liberals just because I am at uni
>people's opinion of academia lower than Rand's polling numbers
>I am negatively affected by these people by mere indirect association
>>
File: Random Quotes.jpg (148 KB, 765x274) Image search: [Google]
Random Quotes.jpg
148 KB, 765x274
>>56808774
This is why you don't subsidize college. Let the faggot alumni pony up the cash for their "Social Sciences" and other assorted bullshit while still attempting to keep the place solvent. As it stands now many colleges are used as indoctrination facilities, targeting people who are actually privileged... this is why the Marxist, self-loathing, white-guilt model works as well as it does.

You force these kids to admit that yes, they're lucky to be born into a rich family, then you pile on massive amounts of guilt. But the kids don't want give up their privileged spot at the University to some kid who grew up on a farm or was born in the ghetto. They don't want to return the keys to their BMW. Thus all that guilt, stress, and cognitive dissonance builds up without anyway to alleviate it. Luckily Professor Shekelberg is there to show them the way! To tell what they need to do is not any sort of introspection and reflection, but rather to lash out at society for making them feel this way! Get out there and organize the rabble, to fan the flames of discord in them the same way Mr Shekelberg did with his students. And then to unleash on the System so they can have their glorious paradise where none of these privileged fucks has to sacrifice a damn thing in order to hold onto their high-minded ideals. No the plebs will bleed for them, and their hands will remain clean as the Masterminds.

Of course should they succeed, the irony is that they themselves become the symbol of the very thing they inspired the masses to revolt against. This is where a contemporary Lenin, Stalin, or Mao steps in, thanks his useful idiots for all their hard work, and then sacrifices them to the howling masses to cement his legacy as the Great Leader of this new Utopian society.
>>
File: never baguette.gif (3 MB, 432x320) Image search: [Google]
never baguette.gif
3 MB, 432x320
>>56808774

>American Education
Fucking dropped

>Inb4 Mohammed talking about other countries
I have no respect for ours either anymore, but I think we've known for some time that American education is famously poor and wrought with bias and agenda.

Is the contents of this video and the shift it represents in western culture devastating? Yes, of course it is. It's the logical path we've been heading in though.
>>
>>56812742
>howling masses
Where do I sign up to devour SJW's in a howling mass, sir?
>>
File: 2015-11-26 00.52.12.jpg (611 KB, 889x1534) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-26 00.52.12.jpg
611 KB, 889x1534
Bumping for answers to unanswered questions.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.