[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you studied your bible today /pol/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: 1442413212546.png (231 KB, 678x678) Image search: [Google]
1442413212546.png
231 KB, 678x678
Have you studied your bible today /pol/?
>>
>>56808129
I did

The Old Testament is shit

Jesus was a cool guy, so the New Testament is the only worthy part of the Bible.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2480x3508) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2480x3508
no
>>
>>56808129
The old testment is right about so many things, Like when Jacob and his sons killed this kingdom for some dude raping thier daughter. And that slaves werent people, or that noah sacrificed most of the animals and then got raped
>>
>>56808129
Not yet. I'm going to finish Joshua later today.

>>56808227
>The Old Testament is shit
Shit taste desu.
>>
File: Elijah vs Baal.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1159) Image search: [Google]
Elijah vs Baal.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1159
What's your favorite book of the Bible, pol?
>>
>>56808129
>hates kikes
>worships a dead kike on a stick

/pol/ everyone
>>
>>56808129
The KJV is good but have you considered the Book of Mormon?
>>
>>56808625
>crusified by Jews
>cam back 3 days later
>Jews BTFO
>>
>>56808129
I dont know why shills chose a girl to be the avatar of Christianity

You should have chosen a crusader or a roman/byzantine emperor

something that can get soiled like this

>>56808291
>>
>>56808545
Ecclesiastes desu
>>
Especially the part where Jesus, Paul, and Peter, proclaim a false prophecy. Made me lose my faith.

>Jesus comes back within the lifetime of the audience

>Jesus Himself says it

>Paul says it

>Peter says it

Never happened. Dropped.
>>
>>56808129
Nope, I did read the Last Unicorn though. Strangely, they had a lot in common.
>>
>>56808734
Mormon here, don't read it. Batshit crazy
>>
>>56809510
Where did the Bible claim that Jesus would come back in the lifetime of his audience?
>>
>>56809595
According to Mormonism, who wrote the Book of Mormon?
>>
File: 1688501 - Christ-chan.jpg (494 KB, 1700x2339) Image search: [Google]
1688501 - Christ-chan.jpg
494 KB, 1700x2339
>2015
>dead kike on a stick
>>
>>56809686

“For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds. Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.“ (Matthew 16: 27, 28)
>>
>>56809686

“Behold, I have told you in advance. So if they say to you, ‘Behold, He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out, or, ‘Behold, He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe them. For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be. Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.

But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near; so, you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.“ (Matthew 24: 25-34)
>>
>>56809686

“Then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And then He will send forth the angels, and will gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven. Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. Even so, you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place…“ (Mark 13:26-30)
>>
>>56809686

“Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near. Then He told them a parable: Behold the fig tree and all the trees; as soon as they put forth leaves, you see it and know for yourselves that summer is now near. So you also, when you see these things happening, recognize that the kingdom of God is near. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all things take place.“ (Luke 21:27-32)
>>
>>56809686

“But Jesus kept silent and the high priest said to Him, “I adjure you by the living God, that you tell us whether you are the Christ, the Son of God.” Jesus said to him, “You have said it yourself; nevertheless I tell you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.“” (Matthew 26: 63, 64)
>>
>>56809686

“Now these things happened to them as an example, but they were written down for our instruction, on whom the end of the ages has come.” (1 Corinthians 10:11)
>>
File: Jewman fucking himself.jpg (61 KB, 960x931) Image search: [Google]
Jewman fucking himself.jpg
61 KB, 960x931
No. I don't want to listen to jews.
>>
>>56809686

“And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.” (Hebrews 10:24-25)
>>
>>56809686

“Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son…” (Hebrews 1:1-2)
>>
>>56809686

“Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour.” (1 John 2:18)

“Do not seek a wife. This is what I mean, brothers: the appointed time has grown very short. From now on, let those who have wives live as though they had none, and those who mourn as though they were not mourning, and those who rejoice as though they were not rejoicing, and those who buy as though they had no goods, and those who deal with the world as though they had no dealings with it. For the present form of this world is passing away.” (1 Corinthians 7:27,29-31)
>>
Fight to the death as a solider obvious.
I'm no pussy ass syrian coward that would abandon their only home.
>>
>>56809720
According to them, ancient prophets wrote it on some golden plates. Joseph Smith found the plates and translated them into english.
>>
>>56809686

“For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.” (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17)

>we who are alive

This one is amongst the worst blows to my faith. It's also where the "rapture" takes its roots.

No Christian or anyone else was able to justify this to me. Everything else, I've read up about and managed, but this is asking too much. I wasn't a literal reader of the Bible, because you can't be, but this is requiring me to go so far that there's precious left.
>>
>>56810014
damn. All the Christians before Joseph Smith were doing it wrong.
>>
>>56808734

No. The book of mormon goes against The Bible and the gospel.

"But even if we (or an angel from heaven) should preach a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be condemned to hell! As we have said before, and now I say again, if any one is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, let him be eternally condemned!" (Galatians 1:8-9)
>>
>>56810140

Actual ancient texts, codices (codex in the singular), did exist. That much is true but Smith was a conman and a thief, also a liar and a whore. I read the whole book.

>Bible is written in contemporary languages, contemporary to the target audience; Greek experts laugh at biblical Greek, only later understand that this was how common people spoke

>Smith writes own version, decides to imitate KJV style rather than write the way the Bible was actually written

>major oversight, shows deceit

Plus the copypasta taken straight from the Bible.

None of the LDS prophets ever received prophecies or words from God.
>>
>>56810059

1 Thesalonians 4 addresses ressurrection of the dead when Christ comes back.
>>
>>56811152

Yes, makes no difference.

>we who are alive

As opposed to the Christians who were dead when Paul wrote that precise epistle.

>means Christ is coming back within their lifetime, so around 50 years
>>
>>56808545
Either Corinthians(both), Romans, or Revelations.
>>
>>56811534

The context of the Greek suggests that he is not speaking with the literal "we". Where, when and how did you come to this conclusion?
>>
>>56808129
I have it next to me.

Ephesians 5:22-33 ESV / 63 helpful votes

Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, ...
>>
File: jesus_laughing41.jpg (80 KB, 410x580) Image search: [Google]
jesus_laughing41.jpg
80 KB, 410x580
>>56811766
>Reading the Epistles
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.