[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think about Reddit? Useful? Annoying? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: reddit-logo2.png (32 KB, 350x351) Image search: [Google]
reddit-logo2.png
32 KB, 350x351
What do you guys think about Reddit? Useful? Annoying? I'm genuinely curious I haven't heard this directly discussed, only seen 'go back to Reddit' comments.
>>
5% of the time useful, 95% of the time cancer
>>
File: image.jpg (218 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218 KB, 717x880
>>56804434
You obviously haven't been here long.
>>
>>56804434
Reddit used to be a somewhat okay place. It was like 4chan but a little less gore.

Now it's a cesspool for sjws, an online safe space pretty much.
>>
>>56804434
I've never even visited the site. Please tell me about it /pol/.
>>
>>56804434
>genuinely curious
Not that this thread hasn't been done before... Why you push this shit onto /pol? Why? If it's not this bullshit then it's screencaps from that shithole. If /pol/ wanted to look at the hug box then /pol/ would go there and click like buttons unto orgasm, right? Fuck off.
>>
I feel Reddit has become completely manipulated i the hands of corporations and media.

It feels like 50% of the front page is not just some random person posting and making it there because the post was interesting. It feels like it's pushed content.

But then again, maybe i have been on /pol/ for too long so i am just not used to moderated content.

Butt still, some shit just doesn't add up, it's just too convenient and the Reddit hive mind seem to be a perfect image of what the media wants people to be.

Some subreddits are ok and the platform is good but for more expert knowledge you go to expert forum so Reddit is just another generic shit hole of information white noise.

Am i wrong?
>>
>>56804913
I thought /pol/ would have some good discussion about it. I used it for the past week and I notice many good but dissenting comments downvoted to the point that they're hidden. I think this is ridiculous and is a great way to keep someone locked into their own viewpoint without considering others.

Wondering if anyone else thinks the the system of voting on others post up or down is a very stupid way of setting things up.

Sorry if this has been discussed to oblivion on /pol/. I've pretty much exclusively browsed /g/ until I discovered that there's actually good content here.
>>
>>56804665
Why don't you go fucking check it's not gonna give you AIDS for clicking a website you dumb piece of shit
>>
>>56805190
I could easily see someone creating >100 accounts and using them to manipulate public opinion. I do think that's doable for someone skilled in that sort of thing.
>>
It's basically the same thing as /pol/ but left instead of right
>>
>>56804434

It was alright. But like any community that isn't explicitly right wing, it eventually drifted toward the left.
>>
>>56805623

I did. Wondering what others think. What do you think about it?
>>
>>56804434
>What do you guys think about Reddit?
>only seen 'go back to Reddit' comments.
b8
>>
>>56804434
I like making a good post there and get upvoted desu senpai baka
>>
>>56805545

What? People today don't like open discussion or reading ideas that differ from their own? I didn't know this because it's not like society is collapsing because of this exact reason.

>>56805737

That would be the dumb way of doing it.
It's not a secret people with high karma accounts have sold their accounts for large amounts of money.

Reddit is not what people think it is.
It's not all fake or manipulated. But large parts of it are.
>>
>>56804434
i always learn something on reddit, but here shitstorms and tinfoil hats everywhere, but it's entertaining
>>
Progressive smart people who are on the right side oh history
>>
>>56806085
You don't think they're going a little far with oversensitivity and feminism?
>>
File: 1448403574749.jpg (65 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1448403574749.jpg
65 KB, 800x450
I browse it for the dank memes and shitty puns.
Taking anything seriously would be laughable. Some of the NSFW stuff that hits /all is decent enough.

I can't wait to see reddits Bernie circlejerk stop once he loses the nomination race.
Nor can I wait until I see d/politics become a orgy of crying "liberals" proclaiming the world is going to end once Trump becomes president.

but some of the memes are okay I guess
>>
>>56806188
I was joking fuck reddit
>>
>muh narwhal
>muh bacon

Place is full of sycophants, if you have a dissenting opinion from the echo chamber the nobody will see it because it gets down voted by bots and paid shills to keep the sjw narrative going.

I used to use Reddit a lot before I realized all the posts that dissented were just being down voted. Which is against its own policies.

That's why I like /pol/ it's the ultimate in free speech. You can say whatever you want and people will disagree and call you a faggot, but at least they will see what you write.
>>
People that have Reddit in their browser history should be auto-banned.
>>
>>56804434
Like a massive containment board.
Keeps the filthy libs (most of them) of off /pol/

That being said /r/conspiracy is pretty good if you can see past the shills and the people with actual mental defects.
>>
>>56804434
You know the mindless one liner political meme garbage you see on facebook?

Reddit is like if all other content besides that was filtered out and the community had the abilty to hide unpopular posts NOT JUST FROM HIMSELF but from other users as well making tough discussion with hard (policitally incorrect) questions truly impossible to have on reddit. Stolen mutated 4chan Memes (that theyve convinced themselves responsible for said memes creation) and fedora tipping one liners are the only language they speak or understand and if you frequent reddit, it is likely you have never been in a debate that requires critical thinking.

Due to the sites nature reddit users create a unique posting style thats almost instantly identifiable for its foreign discussion devoid point of view, designed to *sting* the reader and shame them for their race, gender, and sexuality in a bigoted demeanor. The victims are mostly white straight males and are critiqued for just that alone.

Redditors will often fluster and show high levels of anger or disaproval with those who disagree with the mainstream narrative they preach, and operate on the mental capacity that anyone who disagrees with their narrative are just simply less intelligent than them and that their opinions are invalid because of such.
>>
>>56805925
It'd be easier and cheaper. They don't have captcha on their signup so it'd be possible to write a script that registers the accounts while cycling through VPN IPs. Would also be easy to automate the vote manipulation.
>>
I miss fatpeoplehate.
/fit/ is full of stale copypasta.

/4chan is nice when you need to catch up with the latest new memes that occurred when you were AFK.

I guess this /Kotakuinaction and that subreddit which mocks tumblr provide a good source of amusement.
>>
>>56804434
Ever since fatshaming got removed, i discredited as a reliable source of free information
>>
File: reddit-Is-retarded.jpg (42 KB, 674x501) Image search: [Google]
reddit-Is-retarded.jpg
42 KB, 674x501
They just banned their llittle 4chan subreddit from their r.

Maybe a reddit liberal mod got called a negro or faggot.

The fire rises! The liberal and jew war is on.

We will make their eyes bleed with the blood of the negro and muslim.
>>
>>56807117
Not what happened, the head mod set it to private because he's a master ruseman
>>
>>56804434
one word: cancer
>>
>>56807226
dammit
now I cannot browse filtered dank memes when taking a dump
I'm forced to come to the source directly :^(
>>
File: 1448349871944.jpg (21 KB, 700x436) Image search: [Google]
1448349871944.jpg
21 KB, 700x436
>>
File: muhgregor.png (683 KB, 856x440) Image search: [Google]
muhgregor.png
683 KB, 856x440
>>56806445
People also change what they post on 4chan just to get attention, so that effect is just expressed differently. That's why we have all these edgelords.

When people gripe about reddit, they're talking about the mains, which is shit. If you have a legitimate interest (BJJ, mma, vinyl) then reddit is decent.
>>
I think reddit mainly appeals to people who're quite beige. It's sugar for the mind. I think a lot of reddit users are the kind of people who, if stuck in a life or death situation, would breakdown and get eaten by a bear.
>>
>>56804434
It's alright, mostly worksafe so I can at least read it there and the professional subs offer the kind of loose but regulated discussion that's useful for work.

Still prefer 4chan though, funnily enough sites seem more civil the less moderation there is. Reddit is always railing against something, 4chan sits at a happy equilibrium.
>>
>>56804434
I'm subscribed to four subs that are part of my daily interest. I only look at those subs and never go to r/all.

Two of my subs are pretty popular subs, the other two aren't very popular. And the quality in terms of discussion is really telling between those four subs. The popular subs have shit comments sections. They have hundred of comments, yet the ones that get massively upvoted are nothing buy tryhard puns, memes, jokes, etc. It's just awful, you get no intellectual discussion within those comments, just your typical Reddit memers looking for fucking karma.

Now the two other subs that are less popular actually have good comment sections. Even the biggest threads of that month would rarely have over 100 comments. So people don't care about karma because the sub is too small, and if you want to be a memeing karma whore, you'd go to a different sub. Because of this, those two subs are actually really decent and promote discussion. And unless you're being an obvious troll, downvotes rarely happen. But in the two more popular subs, any opinion different than the hivemind always gets downvoted.

So what I've found, if you have an interest that is pretty mainstream, Reddit is useful just for news. If you have an interest that is uncommon, Reddit is useful for the news, and for the discussion that happens within the comment section.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.