[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is english such a fucking retarded language? Why is the spelling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: average anglo.jpg (140 KB, 1064x1600) Image search: [Google]
average anglo.jpg
140 KB, 1064x1600
Why is english such a fucking retarded language?
Why is the spelling all fucked up?
Why are words so illogical?
Why are sentence structures so simplistic and verb tenses so limited?

It is truly a language for savages.

"hurr wednesday is read as wensday"
"hurr queue is read as q"

faggots
>>
File: image.png (108 KB, 237x293) Image search: [Google]
image.png
108 KB, 237x293
>>56798507
>arguing over a fucking language
I've given up on this board..
>>
>>56798507
Hilariously part of the reason is because when the first dictionaries were being made, we imported a load of Flemish speaking Belgians to work the printing presses, since English wasn't standard at the time they just spelt the words as they thought they sounded, which is why we have shit like ghost spelt with a h, but gate (which has the same sound on the first syllable) had no h; girl at one point was also spelt with an h.

So yeah, thanks for giving us such a hard language you cunts.
>>
>>56798507
>help, i can't tell if this english word is masculine or feminine, nor can I explain why my language needs such gender identification for words unrelated to gender

Only thing you got us on is spelling, which is well over a half chance that if it looks weirder than it sounds, it's probably a foreign adopted word.

Best language in the world though. You can actually convey ideas and the word order of a sentence means that its logically understood from beginning-to-end instead of something dumb like japanese where you don't know what the fuck the other person is talking about until they finish the sentence.
>>
>>56798733
>arguing over a fucking language
that's basically what the flemish have been doing for the past couple centuries.

Also, feel free to leave. vuile hoerenzoon
>>
>>56799018
you gotta be rusing me.

ghost sounds nothing like the way a flemish would pronounce "ghost".

If I had to spell ghost in a dutch manner it would be goust.

anyhow, not buying your bullshit.

Flemish literally did nothing wrong.

>>56799019
>Best language in the world though.
as said by someone who only speaks 1 language.

I speak 5, and I can assure you english is just stupid.

Italian (ad by extension latin) is 1000 times more sophisticated. Never confusion about the meaning of a sentence, always clear and to the point.

German is ore difficult to learn but a gain much more coherent than fucking "english".

English is basically what you get when poor farmers are invaded constantly by vikings and romans and anyone who comes by and the retarded cunt farmers try to fit all languages into one big mess.
>>
>>56799019
I never understood how do you differenciate concepts like "gato / gata" (cat) or "perro / perra" (dog), etc.

>You can actually convey ideas and the word order of a sentence means that its logically understood from beginning-to-end

That's pretty much every indoeuropean language, though. There's nothing unique or special about english except its fucked up phonetics and spelling.
>>
I like English, it's the easiest language to learn in my opinion and the spelling is at least better than French spelling
>>
>>56798507
>arguing about eccentricities of a language

All languages do this in various areas.
>>
>>56798507
>autisms: the post

fuck off you fat belgian bastard, english is best language
>>
File: 12IiQPll.png (38 KB, 1016x932) Image search: [Google]
12IiQPll.png
38 KB, 1016x932
>>56798507
>Complains about English being a retarded language
>National language for Belgium is Flemish
>>
>>56799468
they have words like "tom" for male cats, "queen" for female cats, "dog" is actually only the male, females are called "bitches".
Female horses are "mares", males are "stallions".

English is so retarded that most english speakers don't even know these words, specifically because it's retarded.
>>
>>56799522
>it's the easiest language to learn
because it's stupid
>>
>>56798733
If you don't like English then stick to French you baguette eating surrender monkey.
>>
>>56798507
what your asking is 'why isnt written English phonetic', when in actual fact no modern day languages are phonetic, only shitty made up ones like klingon and welsh.
>>
>>56799442
>We can trace the introduction of the "h" in ghost and ghastly back to William Caxton, the manwho brought the printing press to England. He had established his first press in Bruges, and he brought some Flemish typesetters back with him when he returned to set up business in Westminster. David Crystal writes, in his history of English spelling, that “in Bruges they would have been used to reading manuscripts in Flemish spelling. So if a word reminded them of its Flemish counterpart, why not spell it that way? The boss wouldn’t mind, as long as the words were intelligible. He had more to worry about than spelling.”

http://m.mentalfloss.com/article/53395/why-are-%E2%80%9Cghost%E2%80%9D-%E2%80%9Cghastly%E2%80%9D-and-%E2%80%9Cghoul%E2%80%9D-spelled-%E2%80%9Cgh%E2%80%9D

I was a bit wide of the mark, but largely correct.
>>
>>56799442
Deutsch ist nicht so gut, and by extension every germanic language that isn't english. You want to call shit out for weird spelling, look no further than yurops without a romance language, even including british english. Germans can't decide whether to keep their special umlauts and essets or transliterate them into standard letters, and don't even get me started on the variable tenses.

Overall, what you might think as "sophisticated" is more often than not a shitload of mental gymnastics to express a terribly simple idea, at which point English just cuts out the middleman.

Speaking of cutting out the middleman, the worst part of learning a new language is learning the idioms.
>>
>>56799721
>National language for Belgium is Flemish
No, there is no national language, there are 3 national languages: Dutch French and German,

Ignorant bastard

>>56799884
>he doesn't know italian

If you have never heard of an italian word, and they write it down, you will always know how to pronounce it 100% of the time 100% correctly.
>>
>>56798507
Complain about English all you want, but it will remain the lingua franca and everyone will continue to speak it. Keep being butthurt. It won't change anything.
>>
>>56799922
>West-Vlamingen zijn verantwoordelijk voor de Engelse spelling

MIJN ZIJDEN, HOU ZE TEGEN
>>
File: fucking bruges.jpg (404 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fucking bruges.jpg
404 KB, 1920x1080
>>56799922
>Bruges
>>
>>56798507

Better than your abortion of French.
>>
>>56799922
no you are wrong. you say the flemish spelled it as it sounded, while in fact they spelled it the way you spell the flemish words, which is a different language.

>englishturds got their dictionaries keked by the flemish

toppest kek

wat grappig!
>>
File: 1400886763865.jpg (48 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
1400886763865.jpg
48 KB, 490x490
>indoeuropean languages
>>
>>56800127
Main thrust is, its a pissy language because of the myriad of influences on it. Which included Flemish typesetters.
>>
>>56800396
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_words_of_Dutch_origin

oh my
>>
>>56799884
AAActuaaally,romanian is a phonetic language for the most part.It has a set number of strict rules regarding accent on certain syll--ohrightgypsyscumFLIESAWAY.
>>
File: 1430688589346.jpg (36 KB, 520x416) Image search: [Google]
1430688589346.jpg
36 KB, 520x416
>>56800526
>ij (considered a vowel in Dutch)
>>
>>56798507
boze waal dat hij weer een 3/10 scoorde
leer er mee leven Quitain, walen kunnen geen talen
>>
>>56800692
mijn een waal noemen gaat er echt over, heb je geen geweten!?!?
>>
File: fuck-you2.jpg (28 KB, 400x405) Image search: [Google]
fuck-you2.jpg
28 KB, 400x405
>>56800971
>>56800692
Fugen flaagen rapen children, Dutroux.
>>
>>56801109
>Fugen flaagen rapen children
huh? pardo- ik bedoel excuseer?
>>
>>56799922
Anglos keked by the Flemish.

L M A O
M
A
O
>>
>>56800526
Neat.
>>
>there are foreigners right now literally pronouncing "queue" as "qwayway"
>>
>>56798507

It's a language that requires education, something that many barbarous people such as yourself lack.

>Most literature has been written in English
>Most business is done in English
>You're trying to speaking English right now.
>Shitworld nations are forced to learn English in their "schools"
>>
>>56799790
Except bitch is only pregnant dogs and stallions cannot have been gelded(castrated).
>>
>>56798507
>says some fag country that can't even decide on on a language to speak in his country.

HURR WE HAVE 3 LANGUAGES IN OUR GAY LITTLE NON-COUNTRY AREN"T WE SO WE RETARDED I MEAN UNIQUE
>>
>>56801481

The importance of the language has no relevance to how retarded the language is
>>
>>56801481
Amerifats mad af cause dem language suck dik boiiii

Latin 4 life

SPQR

Keepin it IMPERIVM ROMANVM
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.