[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it immoral to be fat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 15
File: fat-guy.jpg (45 KB, 600x430) Image search: [Google]
fat-guy.jpg
45 KB, 600x430
Is it immoral to be fat?
>>
If caring for your body and your health are valuable to you, valuable enough to become actual values/virtues, then yes. But that would only apply for yourself, because as you know, only assholes judge other people.
>>
>>56798707
You're being a little judgy their, dude.
>>
>>56798416
Depends on how you got fat.if you are lazy, yes.
If you have a health condition, than no.
>>
>>56798416
Yes with the exception of having a legitimate condition like a severe thyroid disaster because being fat rises healthcare costs for everyone due to obesity related coditions line heart disease. It implies gluttony and laziness.
>>
>>56798416
no.

provide arguments if you want a discussion
>>
>>56798707
It's basically immoral to not fatshame. You are doing them a disservice by not correcting their harmful behavior. Basically you are abetting in suicide. Fat shame should be integral to 21st century ethics.
>>
>>56798416
Nah, it's unhealthy though. Trust me, I'm fat.
>>
>>56798707
I hope this is bait and you're not some bean-beast chalupa chowing down on a burrito. Maybe you'll lose weight if you build wall.
>>
>>56798416
>only assholes judge other people.

kek
>>
File: 1387481080826.jpg (483 KB, 400x1715) Image search: [Google]
1387481080826.jpg
483 KB, 400x1715
>>56798416
>>
>>56798416
Without question.
>>
>>56798838
>Burger exclaiming "muh condishun"
Why am I not surprised.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 418x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 418x720
Depends on how fat. Fat like the guy in the chair is obviously immoral, but say you're carrying around 10-15 extra pounds like the girl on the far right, that's no big deal.

Pic related is the ideal body type.
>>
>>56798838
Health conditions do not really exist in relation to fatness. A 100 years ago there were no fat people, there simply werent any. Or they were so rare that they went into a circus, rare in the way of 1 in a million.
>>
>>56798416
It's immoral to raise fat children
>>
File: 1384433718688.jpg (183 KB, 873x1100) Image search: [Google]
1384433718688.jpg
183 KB, 873x1100
>>56798416

Yes, we should gas all the weak and fat people. They are a disgrace to the human race.
>>
>>56798416
Idk
>>
>>56798838
>Muh genetics
>>
>>56798780
>their
ffs, you don't even know your own fucking language, Keith
>>
>>56799048
He's got a point though. I know a lot if people use it as a crutch and are full of shit but there's a tiny proportion of people with an actual thyroid condition and even the most rationed rock hard diet would turn them into ham planet
>>
File: 1447852341710.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1447852341710.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
>>56798838

>muh genetics

fuck off burgerclap
>>
>>56798838
>MUH CONDISHUN!!!
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 600x325) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 600x325
Gluttony is a deadly sin, so yes.
>>
File: 1400940441316.jpg (1 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1400940441316.jpg
1 MB, 5000x5000
>>56799061

>10-15 extra pounds like the girl on the far right

holy fuck how insane do you have to be
>>
>>56799171
Fuck off, you knob. I was writing in a rush on my phone whilst sitting at work. God, what kind of loser gets all pissy about that kind of thing? Go lose your virginity and you'll be a lot calmer.
>>
>>56799177
No, its bullshit, it doesnt exist. There were no special conditions a 100 years ago. ALL people were non fat.

Its bullshit, its a simple law of thermodynamics. Eat less than you use daily and you will never be fat.

What these people are telling you are lies. All of them are liars, or just unaware liars. There exists no such things as "conditions" in relation to fatness. In the wild there are also pretty much no fat animals.
>>
File: 1447737102212.jpg (48 KB, 297x411) Image search: [Google]
1447737102212.jpg
48 KB, 297x411
>Eats up health money in countries with public health system
>Pays passage, one seat, yet takes the space of two people
>Promotes shitty food industry and bad eating habits
>Little consideration for their own family, will most likely die young and probably pass on their eating habits

Not a moral problem, but a social and economic one.
>>
>>56798416
its decadent so yes.
>>
File: 1379591727991.png (351 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
1379591727991.png
351 KB, 500x334
>>56798838
>>
>>56799177
>Burger exclaims "muh condishun" again and again
What is calories in vs calories out ? I bet you're morbidly obese.
>>
File: socrates-statue.jpg (112 KB, 999x1351) Image search: [Google]
socrates-statue.jpg
112 KB, 999x1351
It is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit.
>>
File: fats.jpg (201 KB, 1062x750) Image search: [Google]
fats.jpg
201 KB, 1062x750
>>56799659
>>
>>56798416
It is degeneracy.
>>
>>56798886
This. Serious, if everyone started to think that Fats are normal, we would havê much more deaths and públic costs
>>
>>56798416
No, I am unique and the fat is my property.
>>
Actions that harm only yourself are neutral.
Enforcing your shitty morality on others is, however, immoral.
>>
>>56799807
why are they all flipping off the camera

i hate that

also, op, yes, it is.

I occasionally have what can be described as miniature panic attacks when the holidays roll around due to the first 12 years of my life.

On my mother's side of the family all of the women are morbidly obese, and they all cry "muh genetics". My mom is in great shape at 51 years old because she runs 6 miles a day and lifts weights. They all think she's sick and constantly try to tell her to go to the doctor.

Anyway

>thanksgiving, easter, christmas
>big holiday feasts rolled out across the table
>I would always try and sneak away with my food, but I'd get dragged back to the table one way or another
>be forced to sit there and listen to the gnashing of teeth, the sound of fatty arms clapping up against fat stomachs and sides, the snorts and squeals of these barely human monstrosities struggle to fit more food into their gaping holes
>usually end up feeling sick by the end of it
>actually feel sick just thinking about it right now
>then after the feast they'd all waddle into their chairs and sit around and burp and belch while eating ice cream / pie
>this would go on for hours

I have nightmares about this
>>
>>56800063
What happens with the fitness cultura in glorious Greece?

Your ancestors are ashames
>>
>>56798886
>suicide is immoral
Nice opinion
>you have an obligation to prevent suicide
Nice opinion
>>
>>56798838
then no*
let's not "ironic grammar nazi" jokes today
>>
File: 1445492669730.jpg (44 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1445492669730.jpg
44 KB, 250x250
>>56799659
I'm and fitfag, and he is somewhat right. There are no conditions that will make it impossible for someone to keep on a healthy weight, but some will make it really hard. The problem most people have with diets is being faithful to them, since that shit actually takes time. Those who actually engage into losing weight will not only count calories, but also exercise a lot, that way one thing keeps the other going.

Now just imagine having some bone or muscular problem that makes exercising almost impossible. Losing weight will be two or three times harder. People with thyroid problems usually have the really rough side of it, they not only burn it slowly, but exercising is almost out of the picture. That plus bad eating habits while growing up usually fuck them up.

You gotta take into account that someone with said health problems will have to keep their diet going a lot longer, and they'll get fat twice as fast. I work with people like that everyday, saying is one thing. Fatties have a hard time, thyroid and physical condition people have it a lot worse.
>>
God would think its immoral. Why are you treating the body god gave you like a trash dump? Gluttony and Sloth, which are best represented by obesity, are also deadly sins.
>>
>>56800573
Sure, it's harder for some people to maintain a healthy weight. It's harder for some people to exercise. I'm not denying that.

But it's never impossible to not be morbidly obese. Just sont eat so much, it's not rocket science, just self control.
>>
>>56798416
Yes, definitely to be as fat as the fat ass in that pic. Just a little overweight, no.
>>
>>56799424
Yeah the whole "muh condishuns" thing absolutely infuriates me. It's almost always the women too. Coupled with the body positivity movement and we're pretty fucked here in burgerland. It makes the dating pool so fucking small
>>
>>56801004
Right. Their "conditions" are a result of being fat, not the other way around.
>>
>>56799000

Fucking hell that is a depressing picture
>>
>>56800814
Agreed.

Being a little overweight or skinny fat is one thing. You obviously don't work out and eat right.

But to be morbidly obese? Man...... I've known a few morbidly obese people. I shared a barracks with a Hispanic guy in the Army who got kicked out for being Obese. Fucker should be denied the GI bill in my opinion.

>"I eat just as much as you bro"
>"My metabolism is bad"
>"I do work out"

All fucking lies. He would bring food up to his room because he had so much shame eating the stupid amounts of food he in the chow hall.

They do not fucking eat normal food. He would eat a whole bag of marshmallows playing video games all day. He would order 10 cheese burgers from burger king and eat them throughout the day. Mother fucker would eat MRE's in the barracks.

And no, he only did PT in the morning, which is a joke compared to doing stuff on your own, especially because he would claim profile or just blatantly not do the exercises.

Obese people are gluttons, they deserve to be obese, and they should told to exercise and diet every-time you see them.
>>
>>56798416

Yes. It is against God, science, society, finance, and common sense.

I cannot wait for the fatties to be burned for fuel. Literally all they are good for.
>>
>>56800814
You gotta understand that your self control and theirs are completely different things. Most fatties grow up in fat families, they have no idea what being skinny is, because they were always fat. When they were growing up, their parents stuffed them with mcdonalds and other shitty food, and that eventually became their diet.

Here, maybe this will help a bit.

>Be me, working at a gym with a fatty program
>We basically help fatties get into exercising and give some advice on diet
>Dude around 150kg comes in, really neet weeabo looking, around 30, wearing new clothes just for the gym
>We start him on the easy stuff, otherwise he might break something
>All the while we explain how the diet is the most importat thing, he nods now and then
>Some weeks go by, he actually got fatter
>Not really rare, most of them actually get fatter on the first weeks
>We go at the diet again and ask him what he's eating
>He proceeds to give us a gigantic list of junk food and crap that he eats 8 times a day
>Me and the other dude can't believe he calls that a diet, even for fatties that's rare
>After a lot of explaining he tells us about how he has always been fat, how his family is fat and all that
>He never ate a vegetable in his life
>Only ate like 5 types of fruit
>He tells us about how he almost died due to a heart attack
>We tell him to go to a nutritionist get a real diet
>Months later the nutritionist tells us that it took him 3 months to get some sort of diet going on
>Probably 3 more until that crap is finally done
>After the diet, some 3~6 months until his body gets to the point of real exercising

They are completely delusional. Losing weight for people like that is like changing sex.
>>
>>56801928
So, to sum up what you've said :
>to be morbidly obese you have to have no self control what so ever, and/or be a complete and utter retard
Seems about right
>>
My flatmates girlfriend has been on a diet for the past year or so and she so little self control that she gets angry with us for buying anything that isn't diet approved for ourselves. She seems to feel so incapable of controlling herself that the mere sight of a couple custard creams will send her into a ravenous binge.

I think I've gained weight just from buying all this unhealthy shit to piss her off.
>>
File: 1446833627765.jpg (95 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1446833627765.jpg
95 KB, 500x667
I'd say so.
It's not very environmentally friendly too eat that much more than you need and it show very poor character and lack of self control.
So yeah, fuck fatties.
>>
>>56802186
Pretty much. I'm not defending fat people.

What I'm trying to say is that losing weight is not so easy as you people say. Even in the simple cases it's more about changing your life than only your eating habits.

Honestly, I don't mind fitfags talking shit about fatties, hell, I do that all the time. But people that were always skinny, never actually lift anything or stepped on a gym, talking about how easy everything is, usually ruses me.
>>
>>56798838
Well being fat is just the result of bad discipline bro.
>>
>>56800272
This
>>
Being fat is immoral.

It's a danger to yourself and everyone around you.
There is no lack of food today but that's not a reason to stuff it all in your mouth.

It's an insult to plants, animals and everything that goes on our plates.

Fat people are a danger to society.

It's not a disease or condition, just STOP FUCKING EATING SO MUCH.
>>
File: THIS IS STRANGE BUT I LIKE IT.png (13 KB, 159x176) Image search: [Google]
THIS IS STRANGE BUT I LIKE IT.png
13 KB, 159x176
>IMMORAL
YOU MAKE ME LAUGH ANON
>>
My Grandpa is fat but he had a hard life and is a multi millionaire so I don't care that he eats only McDonald's burgers and drinks only whiskey
If you can pay for your own fatass and the consequences thus, I don't care. Just don't expect me to support universal healthcare in this country.
>>
>>56805017

>millionaire
>eats McDonalds

there are no lies on the internet.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.