[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pol/ approved diet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 19
File: Paleo-Foods1.png (259 KB, 600x340) Image search: [Google]
Paleo-Foods1.png
259 KB, 600x340
What modifications have you made to redpill your diet /pol/

I recently have had some digestive issues due to shit diet in general and too much pizza. Over the past few months I've implemented some real changes and have see the difference in my bloating and constipation. I added probiotics and take enzymes with my meals. Now I shit evey morning. Sticking to a mainly paleo diet; I put meat on the plate and surround it with vegetables. Also a lot of eggs in the morning. Hoping to gain some weight; 5'11" and weigh 160
>>
>>56796737
Anything, unless your a femmist or a low-life.
>>
Good for you m8. People need to fix their damn diets. At least you didn't fall for the vegan meme.
>>
>>56796737
Read the /fit/ sticky and fuck off
>>
>>56796737
does anyone here have the iron pill diet?
>>
>>56796737
I've always enjoyed smorrebrod you could incorporate that
>>
I've fallen off the bandwagon a couple of times but was happy to see I tolerated it well, won't go back to eating like a degenerate... Frozen meals, dingy Moore beef stew, always having leftover pizza in the fridge, lots of gas station and convience food

Does a number on your gut flora, really affected me after a few years maybe I was predisposed

Would be interested in the iron pill diet
>>
No sugar, no dairy, and nothing containing yeast or grains including all alcohol.

I take a multivitamin as well as L-Theanine, Vitamin C, D3, magnesium, zinc, caprylic acid, berberine, and a probiotic. I cycle my probitoics each month as well.

I avoid all caffine and drink only water. Distillled not filtered.

Remember if there's no protein in it, it's a snack not a meal.

Reminder: Snacks are how you get fat, avoid them.
>>
>>56797752
The hardest thing for me has been cutting coffee. I've cut down drastically but still ha e a couple of cups in the morning where I would used to drink coffee until around 2pm, it'd amount to a whilst pot somethimes more. Also cut grains and yeast and am looking for the right multi vitamin to add
>>
File: iron diet.png (474 KB, 699x1000) Image search: [Google]
iron diet.png
474 KB, 699x1000
>>56796737
>>56797505
>>56797254
>>
>>56797232
This
>>
>>56797232
>/fit/ sticky

You mean how to die of a heart attack 101?
>>
>>56799060
this diet needs to remove
>cola
>sugarsugarsugar
and it needs less basic vegetables
but honestly only a sugar addict would say that 2L of milk and 1L of OJ is good enough
>>
>>56796737
>red meat
enjoy your cancer m8
>>
Breakfast, I am bad, but I do a lot of construction work through the day so it burns off. Usually a microwave breakfast burrito or two as I am running out the door when it is still dark, one can of Dew Throwback because I hate coffee.

Lunch, usually dinner leftovers from the day before.

Dinner, grilled or broiled fish or chicken, pan grilled veggies, maybe some rice or a potato.

About once every two weeks we have one real dinner out, usually Japanese hibachi. Sometimes Mexican. Maybe one pizza a month from a local place.

Three to four nights in the gym a week. Cardio and weights.

We are both down about fifty pounds in the last year.
>>
File: Sir Phillip Randle.jpg (19 KB, 300x402) Image search: [Google]
Sir Phillip Randle.jpg
19 KB, 300x402
Low carb or ketogenic diets are some of the worst things you could ever force upon yourself. You are placing yourself in an inflammatory famine like state. Have fun losing your insulin sensitivity and essentially becoming a diabetic. Most people who end up following this fad come out worse then when they started. Neurotic goyims baka.

I suggest you start to look at health from a biochemists perspective and stop reading pseudo fairy tale science.
>>
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12800094

"...Insulin resistance is associated with increased circulating lipids and skeletal muscle lipid content. Chronic nicotinic acid (NA) treatment reduces insulin sensitivity and provides a model of insulin resistance. We hypothesized that the reduction in insulin sensitivity occurs via elevation of circulating nonesterified fatty acids (NEFAs) and an increase in intramyocellular lipid (IMCL). A total of 15 nondiabetic males (mean age 27.4 +/- 1.6 years) were treated with NA (500 mg daily for 1 week, 1 g daily for 1 week). Insulin sensitivity (glucose infusion rate [GIR]) was determined pre- and post-NA by euglycemic-hyperinsulinemic clamp. Substrate oxidation was determined by indirect calorimetry. Skeletal muscle lipid was assessed by estimation of long-chain acyl-CoA (LCACoA) and triglyceride (TG) content and by (1)H-magnetic resonance spectroscopy quantification of IMCL (n = 11). NA reduced GIR (P =.03) and nonoxidative glucose disposal (P <.01) and increased fasting NEFAs (P =.01). The decrease in GIR related significantly to the increase in fasting NEFAs (r(2) =.30, P =.03). The intrasubject increase in basal and clamp fat oxidation correlated with the decrease in GIR (r(2) =.45, P <.01 and r(2) =.63, P <.01). There were no significant changes in muscle LCACoA, TG, or IMCL content. Therefore, induction of insulin resistance by NA occurs with increased availability of circulating fatty acids to muscle rather than with increased muscle lipid content."

That is the randle cycle. The randle cycle shows us that fatty acids and glucose compete in the serum for utilization. Randle believed diabetes should be called fatty acid syndrome because it was clear that excessive fatty acids were blocking glucose oxidation. What causes high fatty acid release? Starvation, stress, high estrogen, high serotonin too name a few.
>>
File: rainbow of gains.jpg (114 KB, 500x677) Image search: [Google]
rainbow of gains.jpg
114 KB, 500x677
>>56796737
>Little to no refined sugars
>avoid plastic containers
>No big portions of read meats
>Wholemeal carbs on days you are active, cut back on lazy days
>Big amounts of green veg, and fibrious fruits
>Lots of White meat and Oily fish
>EXERCISE
>>
>>56799060
For anyone interested in this "Iron pill" diet, this is essentially the "Ray Peat Diet". The main emphasis of this diet is to provide abundant carbohydrates and limit polyunsaturated fats which oppose the thyroid and good metabolic function. If you want to be red pilled about health and nutrition start with raypeat.com, otherwise take your blue pill and accept jew owned big pharmas take.
>>
>>56799060
>No fatty fish
>no wholegrains
>no poultry
>fruit juices
>Treats at all
This is wrong, and full of shit - How dare the creator of this pic tarnish Iron pill
>>
>>56803389
Thats because omega 3 polyunsaturated fats are pretty much straight up poison.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aSa9ig8PVU
>>
>>56803450
>omega 3 polyunsaturated fats
You mean the reports that Oily fish gives you mercury poisoning?
HOw about not eating an insane amount of fish? Or that it can't be processed by human? Neither can milk by most of the shitskin population
>>
>>56799060

>less serotonin

You're right, I'd much rather be an angry prick all the time. Is this the /pol/ diet?
>>
>>56800364
keto can actually cure diabetes you stupid kike
>>
blue zone
lots of complex carbohydrates
95 to 100 % plants
don't be a good goy that believes industry lies or low iq people memes - (almost) no animal products or processed food
>>
>>56803597
lol no... that's some reptilian tier shit

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3282462/

"...Increased interest in using omega-3 fatty acids led us to examine their metabolic effects in six men with type II (non-insulin-dependent) diabetes mellitus. After 1 month of a diet supplemented with these fatty acids, the patients' fasting glucose rose from 13.1 +/- 1.3 to 15.3 +/- 1.3 mmol/L (P = 0.03) and glucose area during a mixed meal profile rose by 22% (P = 0.04). Basal hepatic glucose output rose from 97 +/- 9 to 122 +/- 8 mg/m2 . min (P = 0.004) but glucose disposal rates measured by euglycemic glucose clamp were unchanged. Fasting insulin levels were similar; peak insulin levels stimulated by meals or intravenous glucagon fell by 30% and 39%, respectively. Plasma and erythrocyte content of omega-3 fatty acid rose significantly. After omega-3 fatty acid withdrawal, fasting glucose returned to baseline. Omega-3 fatty acid treatment in type II diabetes leads to rapid but reversible metabolic deterioration, with elevated basal hepatic glucose output and impaired insulin secretion but unchanged glucose disposal rates. Caution should be used when recommending omega-3 fatty acids in type II diabetic persons."
>>
>>56796737
I've started getting more in the habit of cooking my breakfast and lunch rather than coping out and just downing a sandwich or microwaving corn dogs or something. Just even bothering to actively cook stuff makes you mentally think about what you're eating.

Haven't gotten around to going to the store to pick up some veggies. Gonna do that tomorrow if everywhere is closed (most likely not).
>>
>>56799060

bullshit
>>
>>56803700
Science says otherwise. Try going on a keto diet for an extended time. Then try eating carbohydrates and see what happens.
>>
>>56803894
Key phrase is
>Caution should be used when recommending omega-3 fatty acids in type II diabetic persons."
>type II diabetic persons.
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/omega-3-fats/
http://www.eufic.org/article/en/artid/The-importance-of-omega-3-and-omega-6-fatty-acids/
>>
>>56799060

Remove the animal products and you're good to go!
>>
File: 1431359870112.png (9 KB, 401x367) Image search: [Google]
1431359870112.png
9 KB, 401x367
vegetarian
/pol/ hates it and idk why
>>
>>56796737
Garlic, lots of it

It's a great way to keep yourself healthy since it has natural antibacterial and antiviral qualities.
>>
>>56803678
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 3415000287
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 114119.htm

"...The low-serotonin theory is the basis for commonly prescribed anti-depressant medications called selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors, or SSRIs, which keep the neurotransmitter's levels high by blocking its re-absorption into the cells that release it. Those serotonin-boosting medications actually make it harder for patients to recover, especially in the short term, says lead author Paul Andrews, an assistant professor of Psychology, Neuroscience & Behaviour at McMaster...When depressed patients on SSRI medication do show improvement, it appears that their brains are actually overcoming the effects of anti-depressant medications, rather than being assisted directly by them. Instead of helping, the medications appear to be interfering with the brain's own mechanisms of recovery."

"...The best available evidence appears to show that there is more serotonin being released and used during depressive episodes, not less, the authors say. The paper suggests that serotonin helps the brain adapt to depression by re-allocating its resources, giving more to conscious thought and less to areas such as growth, development, reproduction, immune function, and the stress response."

People still think that serotonin is the feel good hormone?...... Don't you find it odd that serotonin in excess can kill you? Are you aware that high serotonin is linked to agression?
>>
Started keto in May. Have lost 40 lbs of fat and am working on building muscle. Pretty close now to my desired fat %. Can't believe the shitty food I used to eat.
>>
>>56804045
>Suddenly start eating something you have few gut bacteria to digest, expect things to be the same as when you ate that food all the time.

Are you retarded or simply have no idea how the digestive system works?
>>
>>56804076
So it negatively affects diabetics yet somehow positively effects healthy people. I think you misunderstand the fact that omega-3s and omega-6s both promote diabetes and cancer. The essentially fatty acid myth is one of the biggest lies ever pushed.

>Blames carbohydrates for diabetes
>Neglects the fact that seed and fish oils are at an all time consumption
>>
>>56804903
You can demonstrate this with pure sugar moron. it require no bacteria as it is absorbed in the small intestine.
>>
>>56799349
>promote cardio
>promote healthy diets

Literally shuuuut the fuuuuuccckkk upppp Akmehd, I am SICK of your shit
>>
>>56796737
burgers
>>
>>56804951
>research posted shows O3 + 6 help reduce cancer
>vs 1 that says it negatively effects Diabetics
Post some actual studies that show O3+6 promote cancer cells, and maybe i'll listen
Then again you are an American, what the fuck do you know about eating well?
>>
>>56805408
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/unsuitablefats.shtml

Feel free to check any of the 44 citations at the bottom.
>>
>>56805716
Ah, ofc
You're an Ad

Regardless none of them were .edu or any impressive institution. Not only that but many of the 44 are pluralities of the same source
>>
File: 111.jpg (37 KB, 488x356) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
37 KB, 488x356
>>56805861
>Puts fingers in ears
>NA NA NA NA NA NA

Ok I get it. You are incapable of assessing new information in a rational manner. Move along ahmed.
>>
File: nourish your cells.jpg (970 KB, 1163x1150) Image search: [Google]
nourish your cells.jpg
970 KB, 1163x1150
< go to breakfast

other than that more of the bread all day long with p much all meals, white rice, beef, goat meat, chicken, tuna, (other meat types on occassion,) whine leafs, all types of nuts, legumes, organic fruits and veggies, your moms pussy, bananas i buy conventional ones the ones that are heavily pigmentated already since thats when theyre ripe and i can eat them right away, bananas are anti depressant
>>
Just recently cut my carb load to under 50g a day, feeling fucking fantastic and already like 8lbs in the last two weeks.

2 salads a day with homemade asian dressing (one of the healthiest types)
egg drop soup, easy as fuck to make and little to no sodium with no salt products; delicious as hell
thin slices pork cutlets with a dry rub of ginger and garlic, soy sauce if I want to dip

Was pretty irritable when I first dropped my carbs so such a low amount, but at under 50g a day keto kicks in and you start losing massive amounts of fat.

Hoping to go from 210 to < 180 by March
>>
>>56806206
+ eggs, dairy and noodles

yoghurt is self made, the milk highest standard organic

all on a budget

eggs are cheap anyway so theyre free range

Reduce suffering, it will contribute to your overall health and connection to life in general.
>>
File: 1423.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1423.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
Low carb faggots on suicide watch

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3189454/The-secret-man-s-intelligence-POTATOES-Humans-evolved-large-brains-ancestors-ate-starchy-carbohydrates.html
>>
>>56806161
>no sources to counter my point
fuck off shill
>>
I just keep it simple and avoid sugar/bread, nothing fancy or hard to remember. I think the biggest thing you can do for yourself is to plan out your diet for the week. I just went to a dollar store and got a bunch of pic related so I can have salads ready for the week. My biggest obstacle is breakfast, trying to get enough energy for the beginning of my day is hard for some reason, I try eating oatmeal with peanut butter but it just doesn't give me enough of a boost for the day. I just keep it simple and avoid sugar/bread, nothing fancy or hard to remember.
>>
>>56796737
>I put meat on the plate and surround it with vegetables.
This is British food 101.
>>
>>56807694
Try some sugar and caffeine for the lack of energy. It also extends your lifespan and thwarts off diabetes and cancer as a bonus.
>>
File: british cuisine.jpg (57 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
british cuisine.jpg
57 KB, 500x375
>>56807816
no

british food 101 is "how can I come up with even MORE disgusting bullshit than I did yesterday?"
>>
>>56807885
I drink coffee in the morning, I'm trying to avoid processed sugar though.
>>
File: traditional_roast_beef.jpg (106 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
traditional_roast_beef.jpg
106 KB, 1536x1024
>>56798934
Zinc, Magnesium and D3 are good to supplement, lot's of people to struggle to get it through their diet and it promotes testosterone. I also supplement fish oil because I'm not a fan of fish at all so rarely eat it.

>>56808006
>Finland talking about terrible fish dishes.
Memes aside, basically no one eats fish pie, everyone eats Sunday roast though.
>>
>>56796737
mostly vegetarian. still eat meat but only so people don't feel I need special treatment. I'd say I eat meat twice a week - down from every day.
>>
>>56796737
ZOG is taking iodine out of diet and introduces lots of manufactured sugar.

So i eat iodine products and try to avoid anything containing sugar or artificial sweeteners.
>>
>>56808006

>Some piece of shit that came out of Henry VIII's table
>>
>>56808241
Fruit juice. Peanut butter is some nasty shit. I would never eat that for energy. All that anti thyroid vegetable oil.
>>
>>56808360
Great way to prepare for Chernobyl 2 as well!
>>
>>56808446
>anti thyroid vegetable oil.
Explain further please? I've a thyroid problem so it sounds relevant to my diet.
>>
>>56808006

that Finboi gets it
>>
File: oring11.jpg (59 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
oring11.jpg
59 KB, 550x367
bacon wrapped onion rings, bacon wrapped turkey and of course bacon wrapped bacon
>>
>>56808559
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/unsaturated-oils.shtml

Start here by reading this mans work. His entire life has been dedicated to understanding thyroid, hormones, and energy production.
>>
>>56796737
I've been feasting on only the most refined glandular secretions but now shall forego that with a urine fast until I gain super powers.
>>
>>56796737
gj youre spending a lot of money because you dont know basic nutrition. also youre a weakling
>>
>>56808446
I make a mango/orange/spinach/yogurt smoothie and that helps somewhat, but I have a phyiscal job(the trades) so I need something to help me last until lunchtime. I've tried eating beans/sausage for breakfast, do you have any tips for a good energizing breakfast?
>>
>>56808866
Thanks anon!
>>
>>56799060
> low fat
> sugar in drinks is ok
> orange juice is good
> icecream is good
> seed oil taboo, while butter is good
> pork taboo
> poultry taboo
> nuts taboo
> any fish (besides poisoned ones) taboo
> only 3 grains allowed, 2 of which is corn
> fiber not even mentioned
That is some ultimately retarded shit and a recipe for a metabolic syndrom, mate.
>>
File: ha.jpg (44 KB, 446x400) Image search: [Google]
ha.jpg
44 KB, 446x400
>paleo diet
>believing highly romanticized speculation about what early humans ate
They ate everything they could get their hands on, including plants, and including grain
>>
>>56808452
Not really.
Iodine is taken in a case of some radioactive events, so the body wont metabolise radioactive iodine isotopes, that are trown in atmosphere during the explosions of working reactors, but it requires excess of iodine and in a long therm this is not much better, than iodine defficiency.
>>
>>56807190
>dailymail
>broscience
Kek. Everyone knows it was because we discovered fire and made meat more bioavailable.
>>
>>56808912
Well it depends on your overall health really. The state of the liver determines how much glycogen can be stored in it. So for young people this means that they can get by for very long periods of time without eating but still be oxidizing glucose because their liver is can store large amounts of glucose. On the other hand there are people proven to be able to store glucose for only several minutes because their health has so far deteriorated. In that instance they instantly revert back to burning fatty acids for energy. When your fatty acids are highly unstarturated(from eating a diet high in unstaturated oils), you are going to have strong interference with your throid function which is going to make you a sluggish person, unless you really get a pump from running on cortisol and adrenaline all day that is. There are a lot of factors to think about, like the type of lightning you are under, how much sleep you get, and other life stressors as well. Diet is just one part. You can try taking niacinamide to lower free fatty acids and hopefully restore some metabolic function or try eating more frequently. I would avoid foods that have a lot of seed oils in them.
>>
>>56809352
How did they get their hands on modern grains, which have only existed since the mid 20th century?
>>
File: Soylent1.jpg (170 KB, 900x580) Image search: [Google]
Soylent1.jpg
170 KB, 900x580
:^)
>>
>>56804203
>being a faggy vegetarian
>>
>>56809680
They had ancient grains, from which modern grains are descended
>>
Don't eat like a disgusting sack of shit.

That's all.
>>
File: Thyroid before and after.jpg (28 KB, 371x268) Image search: [Google]
Thyroid before and after.jpg
28 KB, 371x268
>>56808912
Thyroid hormone supplementation(T3) can work wonders for some people as well. You can talk to your doctor about that. Be aware that Hypothyroidism is the number one health problem. Standardized medical tests adjust TSH readings to the populations average health. So even though you are probably hypothyroid, your doctors probably won't mention it. Anything over a 1 on TSH is hypothyroid.

Pic related. That is what extreme hypothyroidism looks like and what thyroid supplementation can do.
>>
>>56810449
Every overweight american has a thyroid problem.(As do many thin people) What do all americans have in common? Mass consumption of seed oil.
>>
>>56810449
Can I have a thyroid issue even if I'm not overweight? 6'1, 182lbs. I think my issue might be more sleep-related, I get terrible sleep most of the time.
>>
>>56810065
And aren't the same thing nutritionally. Go drink a bottle of hydrogen peroxide if you think differences don't matter. Modern grains are not the same thing as ancient grains.
>>
>>56811052
Yep. Sleep is super important as is quality. Going to sleep hungry leads to poor sleep. Not suggesting you should eat a mountain of food before bed but a bedtime snack can drastically improve sleep quality. Something easy to digest like ice cream :). Adrenaline and cortisol can rise very easily during sleep due to running out of glucose. I think there is a strong connection between nightmares and sudden waking. But yeah sleep deprivation can directly cause hypothyroidism.
>>
>>56796737
>/pol/ approved X
>what does /pol/ think of X
>is X degenerate, /pol/
Can't you decide for yourself? Why do people even value this boards opinion on shit that is completely besides the purpose of this board. Are you having difficulty being an adult? Do you need your held in making your decisions?
>>
>>56804571
Another interesting thing to note about serotonin. In bears, serotonin is responsible for inducing hibernation and effectively slowing their metabolism. It is now known that upon waking, bears are full blown type 2 diabetics. But interestingly enough, within two weeks of carbohydrate refeeding they no longer show any sings of diabetes.
>>
>>56796737
thas literally my diet

plus cottage cheese

love me some cottage cheese
>>
>>56811052
If you get cold hands and feet frequently that's pretty indicative of a slow metabolism.
>>
>>56803389
What's there to tarnish? Outside of the original redpill/bluepill this whole ____pilll meme is shit anyway. It's legitimately rageface-tier.
>>
>>56801860
underrated
>>
>>56809077
>Does not understand that in healthy people, glucose is stored as glycogen in the liver and muscles and that conversion to fat is highly inefficient and unlikely to lead to weight gain.

On the other hand eating a lot of fat alongside carbohydrates will make you fat. Like eat ten hot fudge sundaes, or a bucket of french fries. Fat is very easily stored and typically very high in foods that people consider high carb. Dumbass.
>>
>>56812922
thanks senpai
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.