[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
obesity crisis discussion.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 512x341) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 512x341
It is theorised that in 40 years time every single adult American will be overweight
Already 2 thirds of Americas population is over weight, but it keeps coming.

What is your opinion on the matter, /pol/?
>>
start campaign to popularize smoking again
>>
>>56794418
I do not believe the inhabitants of this continent will survive another 40 years.
>>
>>56794775
Depends how much ISIS is in a good mood.
>>
File: test power.gif (5 KB, 347x480) Image search: [Google]
test power.gif
5 KB, 347x480
>>56794418
As long as there are steroids, there will be fit people with minimal work
>>
>>56794895
I'm not worried about the men, I'm worried about the women....
>>
There is an upper limit, there will always be people wanting to look good (and there's only so far you can push physical attraction with changes in beauty standards) and stay healthy. I rate it would stop at 85%.
>>
File: do it.jpg (942 KB, 500x2000) Image search: [Google]
do it.jpg
942 KB, 500x2000
>>56794418
And 40 years after that will 200% of Americans be obese? It's a problem but as with anything with a rapid rate of growth, the acceleration is severely restricted as it approached population saturation. So we may end up with 80% obese but not 100%. This also means nations that are close behind, such as the UK, will end up catching up with us.

Nutrition research will likely start being taken more seriously and the USDA told to fuck off and their food pyramid thrown in the trash. I doubt we'll ever return to the days where obesity was rare but even something as simple as being truthful about nutrition science instead of letting the market needs of farmers dictate nutrition education will be a big help.
>>
>>56794996
What would happen if the majority of men find fat "sexy"? What then? Will we all be fucked!?
>>
>>56794418
Isn't this based off of BMI? According to the BMI, I am overweight. I'm just tall and strong. if you are basing obesity off of BMI you should find a better study.
>>
>>56795152
I'm not over weight, I fear for others.
>>
>>56795152
The first step towards not being a fatty anymore is acknowledging that you have a problem, fatty.
>>
>>56795406
He is right in that BMI does not work for muscle at all
It sure does for fatties and the average people who never worked out in their entire lives
>>
Disgusting fat fucks
>>
>>56795152
BMI is awful but not for the shit brain reason you're claiming. When studies have been conducted where they compared BMI to actual body fat measurements they found that only 2% of men were incorrectly labeled overweight by BMI but had acceptable body fat %. They found the same to be true for not a single woman. Not one. All women declared overweight by BMI are indeed fatties and 98% of men.

What makes it so shit is that they also found a large percentage of skinny-fats, people who BMI says are normal but actually have excessive body fat. BMI fails here because when it was developed people were more muscular. Now they have little muscle and that body mass is taken up by fat instead. BMI should be retired forever due to this error rather than the fantasy in your head where you're an NFL player or a body builder in that 2%. You are almost certainly fat. You're not big boned. You're not husky. You're not tall (BMI uses height you fucking moron) and you're not strong compared to the general population when BMI was first developed. Stop lying to yourself you fat fuck. Now go stuff your face with sweet potato pie and cranberries to keep your emotional state stable. You are not strong. You are fat.
>>
File: uk-obesity.jpg (76 KB, 580x413) Image search: [Google]
uk-obesity.jpg
76 KB, 580x413
>>56794418
stfu UK and stop pretending that your obesity rate isn't exactly the same as the US
>>
>>56795107
This would only be the case if there was truth to the concept of beauty being taught, as opposed to having genetic components, which is pretty unlikely.

As an aside, to give some perspective, current estimates put SA's black female population at 80% obesity, a large portion of that belongs in the 'ham planet' category. Men are somewhere at 20%. The stats change a bit depending on what you read. Contrary to popular opinion, blacks don't like obese. Sure they like ass, they like tits, but they wouldn't neccesarily prefer a ham planet. But they will fuck the fattest most hideous beasts, however, because there is little choice as to what to fuck.

Same will happen in the US, people will be fucking fatties for lack of choice, and smart women will exploit there lower weight and better looks to get better men. This group of the population will compete with each other in the domain of weight and appearance. As now, they'll balloon once they've sealed the deal. Your young girls will stay relatively skinny.

What interests me is how high the average weight will get, not the overall percentage of fatties. Will the US have a population that is, say, 50% made up of 400lb monsters? I think if (or maybe rather, when) your health care sector completely gives in to the whole 'healthy at every size' meme, then the true collapse will begin.
>>
>>56794418

>It is theorised that in 40 years time every single adult American will be overweight

No chance. Obesity will decline, you can already see the trend beginning in the younger generations.

The days of McDonalds, Coca Cola, Pepsi and diabetes causing candies are gone.
>>
>>56795722
If it ends up like here, only the rich will care about their health, poor people don't give a fuck they just love to eat.
>>
>>56795722
Trust me, it will, I swear everyday I keep seeing more and more fat chicks, it happens more often to women for some reason.
>>
>>56795609
>first nigger
>drug free
TOP LEL
>>
File: body-fat-percentage-men.jpg (98 KB, 610x705) Image search: [Google]
body-fat-percentage-men.jpg
98 KB, 610x705
>>56795939
There's always an outlier. That he's drug free is so unusual they had to highlight it.

>>56795837
This is generally true though more so in some races than others. The obesity gap between black men and black women is especially large. For whites, at least in the US, the gap is smaller.
>>
>>56796113
That chart is way off
People look vastly different based on their genetics for body fat storage
Some can look amazing at high body fat %, others look awful until they get below 10%
This chart is also pushing the numbers higher
No fucking way the guy at 20% is 20%, he barely has any fat and it fucking shows in the picture. The one supposedly at 25% basically only has a lot of fat on his sides
The one at 10-12, usually that's below 10
>>
>>56795609
What makes it even more retarded is that BMI is a complete load of bullshit. Even the method itself was conducted for a completely different purpose in 18XX, for some reason it was brought back for a different purpose (obesity) and because it worked on a select handful of people it was deemed completely logically and would work for everyone else. Being American I doubt strongly you've ever heard of the "Cleveland Sex Abuse Scandal", what it basically came down to was

>2 paediatricians find their own children's arses don't dilate when wiping and they know they haven't been molested
>Thus any child's who does must have been molested (reflex anal dilation)
>This resulted in 121 children being taken from their parents
>This investigation went on for years and the children aren't allowed to see their parents
>After almost a decade, out of the 121, 94 are immediately handed back after it turns out RAD is confirmed bullshit
>The other 27 are "at risk"
>Half go back to their parents just before they turn 18
>The rest need to wait until they are 18
>After more than a decade, millions of pounds and incredible allegations it turns out that from that 121, 70 of them admitted they had been molested (purely because they were told they could go home once they admitted it) of those 70 only 2 of them had been molested in some way
>Liberals will see this as a victory

The point is both systems are completely fucking retarded and have no worth in the real world. Unfortunately these things aren't condemned until the damage is already done.
>>
File: bubble girl.jpg (253 KB, 800x578) Image search: [Google]
bubble girl.jpg
253 KB, 800x578
>>56796476
Keep telling yourself that fatty. Why not head over to the sexbot thread to find a robobabe who will believe your shit?

>>56796909
BMI continues to be popular because it's really simple. Step on the scale, use your height and you're done. True body fat measurements are much more difficult. Calipers must be used by someone with experience, electrical impedance varies by your hydration level, and the other methods are expensive and require specialized equipment. I've been thinking about getting a bod pod measurement next time I see a sale on having it done. Think it's normally about $75 per scan which is too much for someone who would be measuring out of curiosity. Maybe over time the tech will decline in price and it'll be something that most doctor's office have so people can know the truth about their bodies instead of being delusional "I'm just big boned" morons.
>>
>>56794418
I don't mind, more to pick from for me.
>>
>>56796113
The first guy looks disgusting.
>>
It really concerns me how serious of a problem this is, and how casually it is tolerated and even encouraged. Fat people are literally addicted. They're just as addicted to food as alcoholics to alcohol etc. Economically, it is already a huge burden in first world countries. People eat themselves into voluntarily disability/handicap, rendering themsleves unable to work and applicable for benefits. There is no end in sight.

Have you actually seen the physical state of fat people? FAT PEOPLE CANNOT FUCKING RUN. You voluntarily eat yourself into such a state that you cannot fucking run. I could rob a fat man in broad daylight and casually jog away and they wouldn't be able to catch me. How can anybody be okay with that? I mean you don't have to be in elite-tier shape physically, but how can you deal with being unable to do basic things like run or walk for more than a km? Let's not forget that there are morbidly obese people as well, who are literally in such bad shape that they can't walk AT ALL.

Friendly reminder that if you're massively overweight and don't consider physical fitness to be of importance, you are a disgrace to your family.

Fatness is condemnable and a 100% self-inflicted problem. Sure, people don't know exactly what in the food they eat is making them fat, but still by the time you hit like 200 kg you should probably look at yourself and figure out what you're doing wrong.

IT IS A CHOICE. Why would anybody be fat when you don't have to be? In fact you can eat good foods, and you can eat a lot and you don't have to starve. No, you can't drink 5 liters of coke and eat a bag of chips every day, but why would you want to?

I sincerely, sincerely hope that fatness and morbid obesity will receive the same levels of condemnation and judgment in the future, as previously "normal" habits such as smoking do nowadays. In fact I think fat people should pay extra tax for their weight along with obvious added VAT to products contributing to obesity
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.