[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do /pol/ users do for a living? Do you enjoy your job, are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 13
File: maxresdefault.jpg (110 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
110 KB, 1280x720
What do /pol/ users do for a living? Do you enjoy your job, are you neet, etc...?

>pic unrelated
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 1024x768
>>56793569
Quite a strange job, im a Dalek operator, before I was a construction worker, I build Daleks, and operate them, a doctor who fans dream I suppose.
>>
>>56793569
Stay at home parent and primary caregiver to my 4 year old son with colon cancer. Its not as bad as it seems. Couple of meds a day and play video games all day with my son.
>>
>>56793711
I want to believe
>>
I'm paid $10/hr for 6 hours a day to shill on /pol/
>>
>>56793774
For Israel, or Bernie?
>>
File: 1448360317969.jpg (523 KB, 1100x700) Image search: [Google]
1448360317969.jpg
523 KB, 1100x700
Neet. I do nothing but fap all day, but I love /pol/ for keeping me posted. Best news site around desu senpai.
>>
File: wageslave.jpg (99 KB, 395x669) Image search: [Google]
wageslave.jpg
99 KB, 395x669
>>56793569
>>
File: stares.jpg (57 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
stares.jpg
57 KB, 680x680
G10 fx, bonds and derivatives trader. Home based, running proprietary algos. My workday is something like 30 minutes i guess.
AMA
>>
>>56793569
University in software engineer

>>56793723
Oh shit, I still feel bad for you bro... Colon cancer at 4. It's crazy how life is unfair sometimes.
>>
I'm an attorney. I enjoy destroying the anuses of incompetent lawyers.
>>
>>56793723
>primary caregiver to my 4 year old son with colon cancer
Fuck man, i'm sorry. What does the doc say?
>>
File: image.jpg (152 KB, 668x1003) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152 KB, 668x1003
>>56793723
Hope your son gets better, cancer sucks
>>
>>56793723
Are you making the most of that Canadian healthcare?
>>
autism bux from IED injury
>>
>>56793893
i want to have your job
>>
>>56793893

Running algos, on the stock markets? Why not trade bitcoin then. Bots, and everything is legal.

Fuck trading traditional markets. Not enough volatility, and all the action is in the first hour.

Not to mention you say your proprietary, are you going through a trading house, broker for a discount?

If so and you are so smart you realize they are front-running your trades. Or at least that's how it is here.

TDameritrade, and the bigger trading companies actually forward their trades to the big banks.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 500x224) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 500x224
>>56793723
Terrible, so sorry to hear that. I hope he grows up to kick your ass in the vidya.
>>
>>56793893
teach me your ways
>>
>>56794135
An IED gave you autism?
>>
Nice try FBI
>>
File: doge.png (245 KB, 555x561) Image search: [Google]
doge.png
245 KB, 555x561
>>56793893
how much do you make? are you self-employed? can i do this job too?
>>
>>56794138
Come and get it
>>56794156
I know, i know. But frontrunning is the least of your problems when you have a bunch of cunts who actually stop hunt your trades to generate liquidity for them.
Bitcoins? Nah, it's all rigged to hell, i don't trust anything that doesn't have an order book, not to mention the spreads.
I used to do statistical arbitrage, before realizing that trend following systems are immensely more profitable, at least for me, and require only a minimum of time. My algos merely warn me when something has shifted in terms of volume and/or price, the decision process is discretionary. I also keep an eye on the macros

Oh and it's true, there are people out there who have insider informations, all the time. Never knew how bad it was until i started trading
>>
>>56793569
study international affairs at uni while working

70% of my faculty are women, this semestet i fucked 4 girls multiple times (kinda in rotations)
i also sell weed, to get extra cash
>>
28, clinical psychologist
I enjoy my job, I know some people on here don't take it seriously but I do help people
>>
>>56794497

>"Bitcoins? Nah, it's all rigged to hell"

That's the whole point. The market is rigged as well but only for those with pings in picoseconds. Bitcoin is at least the wild wild west cheaters galore. But it also makes it easier to make money becuase you don't have people intercepting trades because there isn't a single central market.

As far as I'm concerned at least bitcoin has the volatility and liquidity for getting rich quick.

I could make more on a day like today in Bitcoin 10k a day, vs the stocks maybe 800-1000 usd in a day.
>>
I study economy and Management, and I run my independent music label. I don't consider it a "proper" work since iIcan't sustain myself only with it, but still...
>>
File: 1448023600552.jpg (44 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1448023600552.jpg
44 KB, 720x404
>>56793569
I used to be in the pepe business.
I used to buy and sell rare pepes for a living
Did pretty well.
Now I'm looking for new trends, I believe that Kat have a great market, and in this economy is a great investment.
And also the most solicited trend in the last months are against isis/islam, is good money, but you got to be careful where to sell it, and specially careful with the buyer. Is risky, but worthwhile
>>
>>56794451
>how much do you make?
Not as much as you would expect senpai. Forget about le wulf of wall street, if you think you can make millions, you'd better off becoming a hooker. A self employed engineer usually earns much more a year. Really. It's more of a side income thing

And 95% of traders actually lose their shirt in a quarter or two. The remaining 5% are 1) Institutional traders 2)Masochists. I'm dead serious. I had to spend a year and a half in front of a fucking computer screem to figure out how the whole thing works. And i would have never done it if i had knew it in advance
>>56794772
No senpai, you need expensive infrastructures to do bitcoin arbitrage, as well as the algos to do that. And given the competion, these algos get arbitraged in weeks nowadays.
>>
I'm an RAF pilot instructor

pays okay and It's not boring so meh

wife for two years and first kid is on the way
>>
>>56794690
For once I thought it was Italy, but it wasn't
>>
File: 1414297072299.png (16 KB, 420x570) Image search: [Google]
1414297072299.png
16 KB, 420x570
>>56793569
I'm a cat wrangler. I herd cats for chinese restaurants.
>Canadian restaurants
>>
NEET trying to obtain wizardly powers through occultism.
>>
Mechanical engineer. Work on US Navy ships. I enjoy the job so far. Only started 6 months ago.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (133 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
133 KB, 1280x720
>>56793569
I'm an industrial designer. I love my job it's quite flexible and requires a lot of creative thinking. Although hungolian wages are not as great.
I live 5km away from the austrian border, where they'd pay me four times much...but I fucking hate austrians from the gut.
I'm living alone in a small flat, enjoying life yet
>>
>>56794900
I would be interested in such side income. Dont forget that 1000$ is average salary in the Czech Republic.

Do you have any advices? Steps?

And ... How much do you make?
>>
>>56793569
I am in the National Reserve (army) parttime job and live with my parents. Studying Software Engineering next to it
21 y.o
>>
Junior level software engineer for a federal contractor. Crawled up out of the gutter and into the middle class, and now I look forward to going to work in the morning.
>>
>>56795030
So... did you ?
>>
student

pls hire pls
>>
>>56793569

Small Engine mechanic for Stihl. Good job but I live in a southern fried shithole of a town so the pay is terrible along with seasonal hours.
>>
Sales for a large company. The job itself sucks, but the pay and benefits are decent.
>>
Comic artist.

Yes, I know that guy who appeared in the news a little whil ago with the supposedly "anti-semitic" cartoon comparing Israel to an overpriced "natural" grocery store.

Anyhow, my job isn't paying well and I fear that next year I'll have to go back to working for others again.
>>
26 welder. Buying first house that is a tri-plex.
>>
>>56795123
>>56795145
Yohooo ! More programmers ! Best_job_in_the_world.com

Drinking 3 coffee everyday and coding even in your sleep.
>>
>>56793569

I started an business with my brother in law. We sell something online that was traditionally face to face. It's not super exciting, but we own it and its doing ok and paying the bills. I like working for myself.
>>
>>56793569
i work as a chef. a literal chef. i am going to school to become a restaurant manager.
>>
>>56793569
I'm a college student studying to be a cop and an army national guard MP, I like being an MP but I'm only a freshman in college so all of these gen-ed classes that have nothing to do with my major make me feel like I'm wasting taxpayer money, at least it's a community college so it doesn't cost so much. I hope I get a chance to go to Iraq or Afghanistan since a GWOT deployment can get the college requirement waved for most police departments.
>>
get paid to shill on this board, cnn comments section and youtube mainly. I don't shill on this board anymore though(they don't pay for it anymore), but I'm on cnn and youtube all day.
>>
I've had a couple interesting jobs

I'm currently a private investigator. I was previous an undercover investigator for the Humane Society of the United States. Yes, I made some of those "videos" you see on the internet inside slaughterhouses, farms, etc. Last year I came out as speaking AGAINST those videos and in favor of farms, slaughterhouses, etc, much to the anger of HSUS. Luckily, I'm an independent contractor now, they can't blackball my employer into firing me because bitch I sign my own checks now
>>
>>56795226
Hang in there buddy, maybe pursue animation?
>>
>>56793886
Get a job you commie welfare faggot. Your 300lb unemployed ass is a drain on the earth's resources.
>>
>>56795145

I'm a network engineering consultant for a fed contractor. Just keep your nose to the grind stone man, it'll pay off.
>>
>>56793569

i'm a webcam whore
>>
>>56795170
Still a long road ahead of me but I've experienced some events that go beyond coincidence. Exact nature I'm not willing to discuss but I'm making some gains. It's a tough road though.
>>
28 years old. I just defended my masters and graduated early this year.

I have a job and make about 80k. But that isn't enough. I want to start up a website that teaches millenials to stop using shitty news sources and believing everything they hear on social media.
>>
I get 50 cents per post on social network sites. Doesn't sound that much, but when you don't do much else it's a nice income.
>>
>>56793569
Freelance writing and freelance programming. Money is sometimes good, sometimes not. I also work part-time with a private investigation firm doing 'skip tracing'-type stuff--essentially dropping dox for a living.

Between all of that I make enough to get by. Work from 20-40 hours a week, depending on how much freelance shit I get.
>>
Network security consultant here.
I own my own company and I work almost every day.

I have essentially cornered the market where I live and there are tons of business that are supposed to go by standards but arent. So I can come in and do a pentest, pop a bunch of boxes and essentially make a fuckload of money.

After that, I set them up for quarterly audits and I just run Nessus and use a customized report.
>>
>>56793774
You should go on strike, organize a protest and demand $15 an hour.
>>
Security Supervisor at a university.

I love my job. Very fulfilling and has great perks.
>>
>>56795343
Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown
>>
Entrepreneur with a pretty succesful business of 6 years. Thus far, at least.
>>
>>56795443
Oh kurwa
>>
Bartender while going through college.

I'm happy with it. It helped me overcome my social anxiety. The money's good enough.
>>
Warrant Officer in US Army. I fucking love it. Right now I run a 12 man counter artillery radar section. Next job will be locating targets, determining accurate grid coordinates and have planes drop bombs on them. Every bomb that is being dropped in iraq and Syria right now starts out with a guy like me figuring out all the aspects of the target before the plane actually releases ordnance.
>>
English major in Denmark.
Living with two white danish mates from high school, being a mudslime myself. plz no hate /:
>>
>>56795500

Hey, >>56795343 here

Can I help you with this website idea? I've worked on websites plenty before and I love the idea. I'd like to help anyway possible if you'd be cool with it

>>56795772

hey you're the first warrant i've met who isn't aviation related!
>>
>>56794497
What did you exactly studied?
>>
File: 1441779145772.gif (690 KB, 484x280) Image search: [Google]
1441779145772.gif
690 KB, 484x280
I'm in nursing school. I fucking hate everything about it. And having social anxiety makes every 10x worst. Most of the other students are women, and most of the other guys are fags. I feel detached from everyone there. The only reason I put up with it is because a nursing degree would facilitate immigration for me. Otherwise, my life is dull and aimless. Sometimes I just want to give up and live in mediocrity for the rest of my life. I'm too afraid of death to kill myself, but I'm also very afraid of my future.
>>
>>56795030
Is this just another way of saying you hit 30?
>>
I work as a warehouse admin. in the auto industry. I'm satisfied with it.
>>
>>56795471
>E-5 USAF
>My AFSC is 2A775
what does that mean ?
>>
File: 1280px-DM-SC-92-03658.jpg (93 KB, 640x655) Image search: [Google]
1280px-DM-SC-92-03658.jpg
93 KB, 640x655
>>56793711
Possibly one of the most British jobs I've ever heard of. Also, I always imagined that Daleks had a little midget operating them from the inside, like R2-D2. Is this true, and if so do you regret your parents not aborting you?
>>
>>56795625
>>56795625

nice. languages are my hobby. i thought to do interpreting as a part time thing or extra income.
i speak several languages.
>>
web developer, work in marketing for a private university. paid well above the living wage here and love my job and coworkers.
>>
I own a small brewery with a restaurant. Turned my hobby into my job.
>>
Middle office finance. Hopefully moving to front office soon senpai need the dosh
>>
>>56795934
keep at it in my opinion male nurses that aren't fags are based
>>
>>56795934
Fuck off, we're full.
>>
I'm literally the cable guy. Fun job and dank ass pay. Dem benifits too.
>>
>>56793774
-is the name of your boss Shlomo?
>>
Three-way translator. Russian, English, Czech. Hell yeah I love it. I work from home, spend a lot of time with my son and make very respectable money for Moscow region where I'm currently living. Hell, I'd still be like above average pay in Prague, here it's upper middle class level.
>>
>>56794763
I've always considered becoming a clinical psychologist, but the thing is if you don't go all the way and finish with your PHD then you're fucked. My mom has a master's in psychology and during the height of her career she made less than 40k a year. It was a really shit job too, she worked with all the special ed kids that were too retarded for the school to stick in regular classes. How difficult was it to finish your education?
>>
>>56793569
10 years law enforcement (medically retired). Now a high school teacher.
Also have a part time side job as a firearms instructor, and help occasionally run my instructor's dojo when I can.
>>
My job is blinding people with my light skin and giving them skin cancer, I work as a cop, but not just any cop; I am... Aryanman
23 years
12 kkk (billions)
>>
>>56795313
Do you do coke senpai?
>>
>>56795861

Man, that'd be cool as fuck. I've been trying to learn a c language so I can start fucking around with drupal, but I dislike numbers.
>>
>>56793569
teach history at a private high school, its pretty awesome. basically i just talk about history for 20 minutes out of every 50 and then make sure the kids do their class work/are having on topic discussion. some of the other teachers are weak but the admins are actually cool. plus i get to run the chess club which is pretty fun.
>>
Night stocker at a grocery store. Failure at life.
>>
>>56796295

I speak (besides German) English, Croatian and Dutch. I want to learn Russian.
>>
>>56795861
Yeah you'd be surprised. Aviators only make up 50% of all warrants. I'm a 131A, I think theres only like, 400 of us total.
>>
>>56796129
I'm thinking of going the web developer route. What's your degree senpai?
>>
>>56793569
>teacher
>love my job

life is great, happy thanksgiving senpai.
>>
>>56796388

you got an email address or something you're willing to post on here or should I post my throwaway?

>>56796509

yeah, I was a 15 series when I was in service. We had nothing BUT warrants and the infantry fellas had no clue what to do whenever we went to their side of the installations, they've never seen warrants before haha
>>
I sell foot bread at the market.
>>
>>56795501
elaborate please
>>
>>56796413
Nice. I teach high school history as well.
It's like I get paid to bullshit with students.
Plus I teach in a juvenile detention facility, so I basically get away with doing whatever the fuck I like. It's glorious.
>>
>>56796610

you should learn how to make Goat Jerky or something and sell it to american soldiers. Or DVD's of any movie, take requests.

Or you're just a soldier using internet for 4chan right now anyway
>>
>>56793569
Teaching local hipsters Russian and German languages for money, lol. Best job I could have while being in college.
>>
>>56793569
Law student at University, it's been interesting so far.
>>
Med student here.
>>
Duty manager for a very large real-estate company - night shift only, basically get paid to drive around my city all night checking in on building security/concierges and making sure they're alright.

Pull down an easy 80k a year + benefits and get discount on my rent due to renting with my company. Not a bad gig.

Not what I plan to do long term but right now it will do.
>>
>>56793569
Studying and working part-time at my university.
>>
>>56796736
I'm sure afghans don't call it foot bread.
>>
>>56795262
What's the job market like out there? I am in school for welding as career change. Will be 26 when I graduate.
>>
I'm a neet with ambition. I'm writing a book about politics and I dream of one day solving the greatest mystery of mathematics: the prevision of prime numbers.
>>
>>56797501
faggot
>>
>>56797604
that sounds a little mean, mr soldier.
>>
Work night security/maint.
Only enjoy it because I shitpost here all night.
>>
>>56793569
>judge assistant
It's ok. My boss is an old time family friend. I have a law degree. But so does every single brazilian.
What botters me the most is the fact that I had to move away from my town. Now I left Curitiba to live in GoiĆ¢nia. Could be worse though.
>>
Min wage Security at a Dockyard.

The job is fine, its the morons I work with that is the issue. I guess its my fault for listening to the Army Recruitment team: "A Trade for Life"
>>
>>56796510

http://www.uta.edu/communication/students/prospective/communication-technology-major.php

I minored in Information Systems

hint: the money is in asp.net and C#
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.