[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ww2 reenactors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (172 KB, 976x549) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172 KB, 976x549
Do you think people who dress up and reenact historical battles are doing good with their interest in history, and to keep it alive, or do you think they don't deserve to wear our soldiers uniforms?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jFU5L3L4YM8
>>
>>56791806
It gets the fat losers and retards out of the basement
>>
>>56791878
Yes, it seems the people who like history and do that stuff at least shows this generation isn't going too down hill.
>>
>>56791968
I love history, and stuff like that, but I dont need to run around in itchy fabric to remember facts. There is nothing wrong with doing that, everyone learns differently
>>
>>56792106
I think they just want to understand what it was really like.
>>
>>56791806
>dressing up and playing soldier rather than actually joining the army
actual autists
>>
>>56791878
This tБh ḟam
>>
>>56792188
It's a historical interest, not to ACTUALLY join the army.
>>
>>56792188

>join modern army because of historical int-
>oh I'm replying to an australian never mind
>>
Every history nerd wants to dress up as Wehrmacht soldier.
Me included
>>
File: image.jpg (387 KB, 700x1134) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
387 KB, 700x1134
>>56792516
Me too buddy, me too.
>>
>>56792314
its an interest to not get laid and let everyone know you are a closet nazi
>>
>>56791806
Reenactors tend to be pretty cool and knowledgeable people. We have a group of reenactors nearby who have a fucking Sherman tank. You can see it around near the 6th of June of every year
>>
>>56792708
But I am.
>>
File: 1447755269751.png (505 KB, 500x752) Image search: [Google]
1447755269751.png
505 KB, 500x752
>>56791806
Hey at least they leave the house, for this generation it says alot, shit they rent ww2 tanks guys, what hobby could you possibly have that could involve riding a tiger or a panther.

Id be stoked senpai
>>
>>56791806

Been to a couple in my time, to watch mind not to take part.

First one was at like a village fair or something and it was Romans beating the shit out of celts.
Really awesome, lots of shouting and blue face paint.

The q and a afterwards was awesome and the guys doing the re enacting arnt some basement level betas, they normal people who have an active interest in history.

Second was some place outside of Birmingham, like a ww2 revival weekend for all the 'vintage' gear.

Again, lots of retired and ex military sticking on their old gear and having a really nice day. Steam train to the event then watched the British and an American airman try and storm an SS held road check point.
Unbelievablely cool except the dude who was playing the American would literally just spray his tompson into the air every 5 seconds which kind of ruined it.

Got some cool pictures with SS uniform though and got to fire a Bren gun fully loaded with blanks. FUCK THAT WAS LOUD.

third was the anniversary of Waterloo in France a year or two ago and that was by far the coolest one I've been too.
Hundreds of people marching at each other then muskets going off everywhere! Wicked fun!
>>
File: epic.jpg (57 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
epic.jpg
57 KB, 560x420
sad
>>
The German reenactors here in Texas are hardcore. I saw them at an event a couple of years ago in March. It was incredibly cold for the time and pouring down rain. Every one of them were sleeping under thier ponchos and enjoying every minute of it.
>>
File: stormtrooper.jpg (61 KB, 748x491) Image search: [Google]
stormtrooper.jpg
61 KB, 748x491
>>56791806
It's a healthy hobby that promotes knowing history, DIY crafts and a healthy social life.

>do you think they don't deserve to wear our soldiers uniforms
Why is this concern only raised when it comes to WW2 re-enactment?

And why is there always that one guy wearing stormtrooper armor?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.