[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is celebrities becoming politicians a thing in the USA?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
Why is celebrities becoming politicians a thing in the USA?

What's next? This guy will become president?
>>
Well they enter the game with brand recognition and usually a large group of fans
Not to mention being actors, they have the charisma to build a base of people who just like them
>>
>ronald reagan

not new
>>
>>56784678
Hence my question.
>>
>>56784607

> Ronald Reagan?! The actor?! Ha! Then who's Vice President? Jerry Lewis?
>>
I think you mean its a thing everywhere, Pacquiao is a Filipino Congressmen even though he has the mental capacity of a elementary student from being punch drunk all the time
>>
>>56784607
I know you're just a faggot that only knows him from memes, but having a wrestler as a politician wouldn't be new. Jesse Venture did it first, and Linda McMahon (Vince's wife) ran for senator, albeit unsuccessfully
>>
>>56784607
Honestly, the US does such a shitty job at running technocrats into office, professional politicians are probably the worst kind of candidate.

At least when you elect some cowboy TV actor or a businessman or professional wrestler, you know they are not entrenched in a corrupt good-ol-boy network like a real politician would be.
>>
>>56784760
isn't klitschkos brother a politician in ukraine? he was a boxer too, just not the champ like his bro.
>>
File: AP_811625880603-1024x683.jpg (352 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
AP_811625880603-1024x683.jpg
352 KB, 1024x683
>>56784607
>a thing in the USA?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-34632485

> A former TV comedian with no experience in government has won the run-off vote in Guatemala's presidential election. Jimmy Morales got more than double the votes of ex-first lady Sandra Torres, who is seen by many as part of the country's unpopular political elite.
>>
Welcome to democracy, anon.
You too can become a politician, given enough money and time.
>>
>>56784607
I'd like to imagine that Jon Cena runs for president, wins and is being introduced into office when out of nowhere Stone Cold shows up, gives him and everyone in the room a stunner and then proceeds to run the USA for 10 years straight.
>>
>>56784607
I'd vote for Randy Orton but fuck Cena.
>>
>>56784607
he would do a way better job than obongo
>>
>>56784607
celebrities are revered as gods in Burgerland because they suceeded on a world where capitalism is shoved down their throats since birth.
Every murican wants to be successful and famous like them, so they elect what they indentify with and wish to represent in international standing.

>Arnold Shwarznigger
>>
>>56784607
I don't see anyone in that pic
>>
>>56785107
>Arnold Shwarznigger

went from a bodybuilding legend to one of the highest grossing actors in hollywood and then elected to the highest political office he was eligible for as an immigrant

a pretty hard life to beat
>>
>>56785129
lol
>>
>>56784607
Because US people have integrated the fact that their politics are an absolute comedy with no hope, a total PR thing, advertisment to promote rich people interests. So why having a boring 70 year old fuck when you can have a handsome black man of a TV star.

This world is a show. US are just leading it.
>>
What's with all the literally who's in wrestling right now?
>>
>>56784678

Holy shit I did not know this. Just googled it. What the flying fuck is wrong with these people?

>Him err on the television, me recognize, me vote.
>>
File: jesse-ventura-03.jpg (29 KB, 400x485) Image search: [Google]
jesse-ventura-03.jpg
29 KB, 400x485
>>56786018

you should look at some of our other elected officials

> Professional Wrestler and Macho Man Randy Savage's Tag Team partner
> Movie Star who starred in Predator with future Governer Arnold Schwarzenegger
> Navy Seal
> Governor of Minnesota
> Currently a reality television host with Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theories
>>
File: alfranken.png (734 KB, 515x707) Image search: [Google]
alfranken.png
734 KB, 515x707
>>56786018

currrent sitting Senator of Missouri Al Franken

> one of the original writers for Saturday Night Live and host of Weekend Update
> New York Times Bestselling Author
> Host of Air America talk show
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 534x401
>>56786277

> other countries will never have governers that killed aliens
>>
>>56784607

Who's that?
I only see a shirt and jacket.
>>
>>56784833
I think Klitschko gets a pass because there are actual causes in the Ukraine that would cause one to run for office.
Also i believe he's the mayor of Kiev.
>>
>>56786018
Thank God my country requires at least years of experience as a CEO in a large company or extensive political career. What the hell would an actor know about running a country?
>>
>>56784607
>What's next? This guy will become president?
Still a better choice than any of the faggots running this election.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.