[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm Catholic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: bkg_logo_mobile.jpg (31 KB, 480x249) Image search: [Google]
bkg_logo_mobile.jpg
31 KB, 480x249
But I think the Old Testament is pure shit and only the part with Jesus is worth it.

How can anyone can base any part of his/her faith on the amount of bs in the old testament?
>>
Old testament = judaïsm

New testament = catholicism
>>
>>56784480
Being Catholic is the same thing as being retarded.
>>
>>56784480
>>56784709
well, thats why only the new testament is important, its not a secret
>>
>>56784816
yes
>>
>>56784480
What is foreshadowing?
>>
>>56784480
>I'm Catholic
That aside, you need the Old Testament. The New Testament would be nonsensical without it.
>>
>>56784717
What an abominable insult to retards.

For shame!
>>
>>56784480
Read the Book of Mormon, cross reference and pray for truth.
There, just saved your eternal life.
Thank me in heaven bro ;)
>>
>>56784717
Reminder that 65% of Nobel Prize laureates are Christian, which is more than there should be when you take into account the fact that there are only 2000000000 Christians out of 7000000000 people on Earth. Atheists not only amount to only 15% of Nobel Prizes, they are actually underrepresented.
>>
>>56786584
Mormonism is some of the most fake stuff there is.
>>
>>56784480
The Old Testament is mainly just theological jargon and exaggerated symbolism, the New Testaments is all that's relevant
>>
>>56786934
90% of that 65% were atheists who had to pretend they are christian or wouldn't have a career.
>>
>>56788550
Yeah, atheists were sooo persecuted in the XIX and XX century.
>>
>>56788550
They may have been atheists but the really smart atheists identify as catholic because they know that its based af
>>
>>56784480
then you are an idiot catholic

it is more the other way round, the new testament can be ignored for the most part, the old testament is the biblical core
>>
>>56784480
I'm a lapsed catholic, a full atheist, but I have good news for you: the New Testament and the Old Testament are mostly incompatible.

Basically, the Old Testament is there to provide context, and the New Testament changes many of the rules from the Old Testament.

Like, for example, the Old Testament is all about an eye for an eye, and the New Testament is about giving the other cheek. The OT is about how the jews are the children of God, and the NT, through the Parable of the Good Samaritan, overwrites that so, no matter the race, you're a child of God - what matters is for you to believe in Him (if you're into Paul's stuff) or are a charitable person (if you're into Peter's stuff) to share the Kingdom and whatnot.

Other quite important distinction is usury. The Old Testament (or the Tanakh in judaism, but it's a collection of the same books), specially the Pentateuch (or the Torah in judaism, but it's the same books again) forbids usury between you and your brother (that is, between jews, the only real people according to judaism). This is completely forbidden in the New Testament. Coincidentally, the Talmud, that is, the books being written by the Scribes and Pharisees discussed in the New Testament, not only allows, but encourages usury from jews to non-jews (though it still forbids it between jews).

So... yeah, while I don't share your faith anymore, I can tell you: the New Testament is what really matters when it comes to Christianity. Also, this >>56784709, while not exactly wrong, isn't entirely right either. Modern judaism has also overwritten a bunch of shit from the Old Testament/Tanakh, through the Talmud.
>>
>>56784480
IM FROM THIS RELIGION

BUT I THINK THAT THE 70% OF MY RELIGION IS SHIT.

WHICH MEAN I AM A 70% A SHIT.

Stop being this retard. Christianity is evil, leave it or keep being a obedient sub-human.

>>56784717
>Being CHRISTIAN is the same thing as being retarded.

FTFY
>>
>>56784709
this, sort of
>>
>>56784480
The Old Testament is cool if you take it for what it is: a collection of stories to teach morals to the kids.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2739x2386) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2739x2386
Why aren't you /Marcionism/ yet, OP?

Marcionism was an Early Christian dualist belief system that originated in the teachings of Marcion of Sinope at Rome around the year 144.

Marcion believed Jesus was the savior sent by God, and Paul the Apostle was his chief apostle, but he rejected the Hebrew Bible and the God of Israel. Marcionists believed that the wrathful Hebrew God was a separate and lower entity than the all-forgiving God of the New Testament. This belief was in some ways similar to Gnostic Christian theology; notably, both are dualistic, that is, they posit opposing gods, forces, or principles: one higher, spiritual, and "good", and the other lower, material, and "evil" (compare Manichaeism), in contrast to other Christian views that "evil" has no independent existence, but is a privation or lack of "good", a view shared by the Jewish theologian Moses Maimonides.

Marcionism, similar to Gnosticism, depicted the God of the Old Testament as a tyrant or demiurge (see also God as the Devil). Marcion was labeled a gnostic by Philip Schaff, while other scholars have rejected that categorization. Marcion's canon consisted of eleven books: A gospel consisting of ten sections that also appeared in the Gospel of Luke; and ten Pauline epistles. The entire Old Testament, along with all other epistles and gospels of the 27 book New Testament canon are rejected from Marcion's canon as transmitting "Jewish" ideas. Paul's epistles enjoy a prominent position in the Marcionite canon, since Paul is credited with correctly transmitting the gracious universality of Jesus' message in opposition to the harsh dictates of the just god."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcionism
>>
>>56789879
Matthew 15:21-28New Living Translation (NLT)
The Faith of a Gentile Woman

21 Then Jesus left Galilee and went north to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Gentile[a] woman who lived there came to him, pleading, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David! For my daughter is possessed by a demon that torments her severely.”

23 But Jesus gave her no reply, not even a word. Then his disciples urged him to send her away. “Tell her to go away,” they said. “She is bothering us with all her begging.”

24 Then Jesus said to the woman, “I was sent only to help God’s lost sheep—the people of Israel.”

25 But she came and worshiped him, pleading again, “Lord, help me!”

26 Jesus responded, “It isn’t right to take food from the children and throw it to the dogs.”

27 She replied, “That’s true, Lord, but even dogs are allowed to eat the scraps that fall beneath their masters’ table.”

28 “Dear woman,” Jesus said to her, “your faith is great. Your request is granted.” And her daughter was instantly healed.

Such is the Son of God, comparing a gentile less than a pig, because you know, he didn't existed, but the people that wrote this crap were jews, and in the whole new testament, every person is a jew, and every "evil" person is a "gentile". Is just like the old testament, but for european sheeps, and whit only one sole purpose, to sheep the proud, strong and brave white man. Christianity is equality as corruption, and the same with every abrahamic religion, even the "gnostics".

Europeans/white people has their own gods and philosophies, they don't need any fairy tale of a super jew.
>>
>>56789327
Oh, also, as an atheist, I hate niggers like these: >>56784717 >>56786408 >>56788550 >>56789682

They're trying to make themselves feel superior to religious people, and they in no way are. And given that I've already made a long-winded post and am about to fall sleep because it's 7AM and I've been programming all night, here's another long-winded post, explaining why atheists, like me, are in no way superior to religious people.

Jung defined the reasons why we have religion in his books about religion. Specially, Psychology and Religion. Basically, in ancient times, people who were able to believe in supernatural stuff easily had a bigger chance of survival, because when confronting the unexplainable (I read the book a fuckton of years ago, but one example I clearly remember is lightning), if you can't believe in supernatural stuff easily, you just go insane. You go full schizo.

So that ease of accepting religion (and of following rituals) was embedded in our psyche. I think he didn't mention evolution, but this actually gets reinforces, ironically, by Dawkins' The Selfish Gene and Nice Guys Finish First works from 50 years later - though Dawkins' ones detail how tit-for-tat behavior makes survival easier, and thus both competitivity (in The Selfish Gene) and an initial trust (in Nice Guys Finish First) are embedded in our genes. Following the same logical sequence, but with Jung's Psychology and Religion, it's clear that, as those who were able to have a religion had a bigger chance not to go full schizo and thus pass on their genes, religion itself, or at least an ease of accepting religion, was also embedded on our genes, on our psyche.

And when you lose religion, that doesn't mean you lose some of the negative attitudes that come from religion (contempt, persecution, obsessive rituals, etc). If anything, it's pretty clear (though just empirically from my pov, as far as I know) that some of these attitudes get way harsher if you're not religious.
>>
>>56790229
>They're trying to make themselves feel superior to religious people, and they in no way are. And given that I've already made a long-winded post and am about to fall sleep because it's 7AM and I've been programming all night, here's another long-winded post, explaining why atheists, like me, are in no way superior to religious people.

You don't even know why I am anti-christian. It has nothing to do with being atheist or religious, you fuckface. Go and suck the cock of a bishop.
>>
>>56784480
I used to think the same shit until I realised even the new testament is just a bunch of feel good stories.

Jesus was just a human, deal with it.
>>
>>56786934
>they are actually underrepresented.
Nigger atheists are like 1-2% of the world population.
Also most nobel prices are worthless like peace and literature
>>
>>56790229
And this >>56790336 is what I'm talking about when I say
>And when you lose religion, that doesn't mean you lose some of the negative attitudes that come from religion (contempt, persecution, obsessive rituals, etc). If anything, it's pretty clear (though just empirically from my pov, as far as I know) that some of these attitudes get way harsher if you're not religious.

A vast majority of atheists are as hateful of religious people as militant Christians, which are the minority of Christians, are against non-Christians.

As for you
>>56790336
>You don't even know why I am anti-christian
I don't give a shit why you're anti-christian. Your attitude is as rotten as an inquisitor's.

I myself lost my religion when I learned about the Inquisition and confronting the epicurean paradox (without knowing fuck all about it), after being quite a religious, poius child. And I hated christianity with a zeal for years, way over a decade.

And I was retarded back then. Hateful and uppity. No better than the average third-wave feminist. Just like you.

I'm now an atheist simply because religion, even agnosticism, makes fuck all logical sense once you stop and think about it. But that doesn't make me better than religious people - if anything, it makes me less fit for reproduction, due to what I explained in the post you quoted. Same with you, of course.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.