[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Convert me senpai
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 24
File: 1448415541168.png (242 KB, 443x523) Image search: [Google]
1448415541168.png
242 KB, 443x523
I'm gonna make it as short as possible so it doesn't turn into a blog post. I heard this was the christian board so I guess this post belongs there

I've been an atheist basically since i was born. Despite getting spoonfed with anti-christianism stuff just like everyone living in modern times, as I grow older and older I get more and more doubtful about my beliefs.

I've listened to a lot of Ravi Zacharias recently and I really loved his speeches. I often get very emotional when I hear bible stories or verses no idea why. It's very hard to explain. Some stories I've heard from the bible or christianity related story even made me weep on occasions and I very rarely cry. It's like it has some unexplained power over me.

There's a ton more I could say but like I said I dont want to turn this into a blog post.
I've been very confused for a couple months now about what to believe and I'd like to know if there's atheists on this board who turned to christianity ? Do you guys have good videos/text I could watch/read to convince me ? I really really want to believe you have no idea but for some reason there's something holding me back. You have a fairly good shot at saving a soul brothers don't miss it
>>
File: 1448416040276.png (590 KB, 733x1127) Image search: [Google]
1448416040276.png
590 KB, 733x1127
bump
>>
File: index.png (268 KB, 637x654) Image search: [Google]
index.png
268 KB, 637x654
>tfw someone make a religious bait shitpost thread it gets 250posts but when there's a serious one no one replies

You disapoint christ-chan anon
>>
>>56778032
Why not shop around a bit before deciding on a religion. Stay clear of the nut cases like scientology and islam, but why not at least check out a few others aside from christianity before you commit?
>>
>>56778032

Nope. Militant Atheist here. However i've been considering converting to Christianity, or at least to just stop shitting on them all the time, in the hopes that a return to theism in western society will strengthen and unite us again. And we only need to be strengthened/unites because there is a real threat of our freedom being taken away.

Anyways, no this is not a Christian board, it's a board for discussing politics.
>>
>>56779762

If you want to actually get into religion, I think the /lit/ board is all into that shit.
>>
>>56778032
I'm pretty much in the same position as you.

What I'll tell you is listen more closely to christian science. They're more reasonable in a lot of cases than they're made out to be. It has helped me a lot. Although some of it might make you despair in the certainty that so preciously little is known even though many pretend we are close to solving the mysteries of the universe.

Read about the history of the bible, and not just from secular and critical sources too.

It hasn't converted me but it has made me understand more clearly why anyone would believe.

Christians are the best people in the world.
>>
Is Orthodox Christianity the best way to go?
>>
File: unitarianismbait.png (30 KB, 642x698) Image search: [Google]
unitarianismbait.png
30 KB, 642x698
>>56778032
oh and stay away from papist nonsense, between catholicism and pauls letters 98% of the BS you usually see leveled against christinaity is right in there
>>
File: 1443505329648.png (294 KB, 600x680) Image search: [Google]
1443505329648.png
294 KB, 600x680
>>56778032
Works that influenced me:

The Everlasting Man and Orthodoxy, both by G.K. Chesterton

Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis

Confession and City of God, both by Saint Augustine

The Rage Against God by Peter Hitchens

On Fairy Stories by J.R.R. Tolkien

Ash Wednesday by T.S. Eliot

For me, it was a case of first understanding the social function of religion and traditional values, at which point the beauty of Christianity became close and obvious. Chesterton called Christianity the perfect mix of mythology and philosophy; Tolkien makes a similar argument. It's difficult to say precisely what draws one in because it's by nature mystical, but I will tell you that it isn't always easy. You'll sometimes wish you could go back to living without the presence of Christ, and claw back desperately, but once you see the light, remaining in the darkness is unconscionable.

God bless, anon. Hope you find what you're looking for.
>>
>>56778032
If you're European convert to Paganism. Christians and Pagans alike will fight in this crusade against degeneracy as brothers.

If you're a shitskin who cares you go to Hel anyway.
>>
>>56780216
thank you, I'll look into those books

>>56780027

What do you mean by christian science ? I agree though; christians are the best people in the world.
>>
>>56778032
Ravi is great. Speaks well to the 'spiritual' or emotional component. Check out 'Cold Case Christianity', should be a bunch of youtube videos, pleaceconvinceme.com alternatively for written articles, or 'God's Crime Scene' for a book.

Other people you may want to check out for Christianity specifically. Gary Habermas, and especially John Lennox. Lennox tends to have the same presentation just delivered repeatedly to different audiences, so if you find one 2 hours long, you'll probably get most of it. Habermas runs the gamut. He lost his wife (and daughter?) so he's had huge struggles with 'natural evil', and does a lot of counseling work from that angle, but also worked on The Minimal Facts argument.

Then of course CS. Lewis for the bitter pills.

Any questions I can answer specifically? What's your hang up, for example? Is it belief in a supreme deity generally? If so, why? What's your objection? No 'evidence'? Do you feel it conflicts with the apparent existence of evil (moral or natural?) Everyone has different objections, so addressing them at random rarely speaks to the individual, and Christianity is all about a personal relationship with your own maker. Share your concerns.
>>
>>56778032
Catholicism m8, or orthodox
Only difference is church structure
Anything else commits heresy to the fullest extent
It's a beautiful, and welcoming religion, and you should at least try then out
>>
>>56780517
basically creationist science, they do try to push their agenda but they are very aware that they have one to push which is nice
and they do present some really good work and evidence against say, dating methods for the age of the earth, evolutionary theory (one speaker I saw pretty much disproves it to any reasonable person in 5 minutes flat, not kidding), chronology of the ice age, biblical archaeology and that sort of thing. It's pretty much contrarian science but that should do well to shake any notion of certainty to you. For some that is a great basis for building faith on.
>>
>>56778032
M8, two books you must read:

Mere Christianity by CS Lewis
And the book of Mormon.

Read both of these I guarantee any questions you have will be answered 100%
>>
>>56781577

Who is the speaker you're referring to? Have link?
>>
>>56781640
have to dig it up, hold on
>>
File: tttttttt.jpg (57 KB, 811x488) Image search: [Google]
tttttttt.jpg
57 KB, 811x488
>>56781640
alright so it's actually 6 minutes flat, from 5:00 to 11:00

though the whole thing is interesting

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfgiAWBluxE
>>
>>56781729
Ok, thx
>>
>>56781903

Very nice
>>
>>56780027
If I may ask, what's your hang up? Not that there has to be any singular catch, but is there anything in particular about Christianity that gives you cause for concern?
>>
>>56781199
I have trouble pinning on exactly what's the issue.

There's always the ''what if im wrong?'' dilemma. I'm still lacking evidence.
Also I have no religious background and don't have a problem talking to the maker like a conversation but doing actual prayers would feel awkward. The idea of demons is kind of weird to me too.

Also confessing to my friends/family that I'm now christian is gonna be embarassing a little because I think i'll be judged. I'll still go through it it's too important but I need to be sure of myself first.
>>
File: valerian.jpg (122 KB, 437x486) Image search: [Google]
valerian.jpg
122 KB, 437x486
>>56782186
To me it's the fundamental madness of a claim like "all scripture is god breathed". Especially when you understand more about the history and the content, it's clearly an imperfect record, structured in such a way that you have clarity about uncertain events, it gives multiple accounts of almost every story, and is packed to the brim with supporting materials such as kinglists (who begat who x1000), commentaries (pauls letters basically) psalms, laws, etc.

That is exactly how you write a good history book about an uncertain subject. But if it truly was a perfect divine account surely it would be a single, consistent narrative from beginning to end instead?

And let's not get into canon and trinitarianism.
>>
America is the biggest, the only, threat to the European races.
>>
>>56778032
You're never going to accept anything in Christianity if you can't accept the Genesis account of Creation.

You have NEVER actually received a fair presentation of Biblical Creation from a scientific perspective.

This is Kent Hovind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrkYDzILgtA

That's one part of a multi-part series. Watch the whole thing with the knowledge that convincing you that Biblical Creation is literally true and scientifically accurate will take more than a few minutes of convincing. Listen with an open mind.

If you remain unconvinced after viewing more than 2-3 of these seminars, go ahead and give it up.
>>
>>56782412
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLd7-bXv8NA

This video really helped me out when I became religiously confused
>>
File: 92qdypD.jpg (59 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
92qdypD.jpg
59 KB, 480x720
>>56782737
>kent hovind

I don't think he should be in jail but I also think he does very little for christianity.
>>
>>56782737
im a /pol/tard im all about the open mind

I should probably buy and read the bible that's probably the best start but ive saved every single link itt
>>
File: Bible-Growth-750x950[1].gif (56 KB, 750x950) Image search: [Google]
Bible-Growth-750x950[1].gif
56 KB, 750x950
>>56782891
choose a translation
>>
>>56782412
Right on. It doesn't always have to be one thing.

On "what if I'm wrong", then check out the Cold Case Christianity videos. They're generally presented on single points, but work together as a total body of evidence. It's still ancient history, so at some point you have to make a decision. If you're still wanting more then Mere Christianity should help you understand the theology weight/import of actually confessing on Christ.

I would recommend putting the demon/supernatural stuff on hold. Most of it's metaphorical metaphysics. The only thing of 'substance' I'd suggest is worth considering right now is the Holy Spirit, which probably should be having real impact on the earnest believer to takes that first but single most important step to genuinely accepting Christ. In my case, it was subtle. A lot of stuff atheists and Christians alike would typically share in forums threads like these took on completely different meaning, over night. Same words as the day before, but something was there that was, or something that was had gone missing like it never was.

Anyway, it doesn't sound like you're really missing conviction on there being a higher authority/purpose/etc, but maybe 'which religion is true'? Start with Christianity. It stands and falls on the death/resurrection of Christ, which means sufficiently convincing yourself one way or the other and moving on. Hinduism/Buddhism? Could talk you tens of thousands of lifetimes. Judaism? Prophetic age has passed, and the temple records are gone. How are you going to know the Messiah? Islam? Consult 'The People of the Book. The book that is corrupted. It is self defeating. There are still other options, but they tend toward Hinduism/Buddhism. There's not really anything you can test (don't get me wrong, 2000 year old resurrection isn't exactly a hard data point), so you'll be ruminating on them for a while.
>>
>>56782471
>all scripture is god breathed
This is an interesting point that falls into something I was talking about here >>56783373
with certain things taking on new meaning. I had a lot of conflict with the whole 'many translations', or 'translations of translations', and 'copies of copies of copies' arguments for a while. I agonized over what copy was the "right" one for a while. Didn't really get anywhere.

Took the leap anyway, and it just sort of dawned on me. They're all 'right'. Christianity isn't a legallist sort of political system. It is fundamentally a personal relationship between you and God; but what purpose is there in that arrangement if He is otherwise taking care of everything, including disseminating His word? So among those many translations, textual/grammatical errors and all, it's the same difference. No other book is as well documented, yet no single one is perfect. His toddlers are doing the finger painting and we're screwing it up. Still, it is glorious that we're given the privilege, and in no way has it ultimately harmed his message.

It's all there. Partly because it's so well documented (blueletterbible.com), partly because the message isn't so much a concrete law but a spiritual message. He shows up on Earth and never teaches in concrete terms. It's all parables. Just pick up a Bible in a language you can read, and focus on Christ. The entire old Testament is basically one big lead up to His coming. New Testament is predominantly witness testimony that He was, including the embarrassing conflicts in testimony.

I don't think there will ever be a moment where you feel you have no choice. He will always leave you an out. A "lover" coerced into relationship is no lover at all. I even made my confession in doubt. The whole "If you're who you say you are", which technically leaves me the out, since if "He isn't" that would leave me a silly legal loophole to get out of a nonbinding verbal contract with a non-existent deity.
>>
OP, are you still there? Can you read French?

Tell me some of your thoughts on: God's existence, the resurrection of Our Lord Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church,
>>
>>56781371
I think you mean they are both apostate
they don't even follow their own doctrines.
catholic clergy practice celibacy in direct violation
of the bible stating a bishop should be the husband of one wife.
>>
>>56778032
>>56779573
>>56779762
>>56780027

Just look up the arguments for God.

Watch some debates.

I was spoon fed, became not exactly an atheist for a little bit, then came back.

There are explanations out there, just search for them.

The actual passage which changed my life was Matthew 16:25

25 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.
>>
bumping, similar position as you OP
>>
My mom drove away to kill herself once, her car broke down at a church, this prevented it. No matter what people say/do or tell me, i'll basically always believe in God because of that.
>>
>>56786864
Read the Bible.

Jesus is real and the Bible is a record of true historical events.
>>
File: 5598399076_69af1e39ba_z.jpg (103 KB, 640x563) Image search: [Google]
5598399076_69af1e39ba_z.jpg
103 KB, 640x563
>>56778032
I grew up catholic but there was a period of time where I was atheist. However years ago a thought occurred to me. I pondered the vastness of infinity and came to the conclusion that with all things infinitely possible the odds of an all powerful god are 100%. The more I hear of explainable stories the more certain I am. But some small minded people dont have room for those thoughts and will remain atheist, to each their own. But you lose nothing by giving God chance.
>>
>>56786595
Answer me >>56785442 and I may recommend you some selected bibliography.
>>
>>56778032
Mormon.org
You can request the missionaries visit you. Some are chill af. Go to church, find the cool red pilled members, be embraced.
>>
>>56778032
>I want to be a brainwashed piece of shit
>blue pill me please

WHY. Fuck you and fuck everyone in here who's not telling you to fuck off as well
>>
I am not here to debate Atheists.
I am not here to argue the Truth of Christianity.

I am here to save souls. What I am going to say isn't strictly Biblical, so for those of you who haven't read the bible, some of this you will not find in there. That being said, the Bible is not complete to begin with.

We are all connected. We don't know how, we can't see how but we are. We all come from a higher entity, a Creator. I call him God. Some call him Yahweh, Elohim, Heavenly Father, it matters not. He is there, he does exist, and he wants all of you that are on the border of belief to know one thing. HE LOVES YOU. There are many that will tell you different. What's the first emotion as a human you experience? Love. Of course you're too young to understand it's complexity, but it exists none the less.

I can't promise you that belief in God will make your life better. Because believing isn't enough. IT isn't enough to know, and accept. You can believe all you want, but if you live your life for yourself, you've wasted that gift selfishly. If you live your life for others, as Christ did, you will be blessed. People like to call it Karma. It's just part of Gods design.

Much love to all my Christian brothers. I can't wait to hear the trumpets sound.
>>
>>56787130
Funny enough that is one of Atheists main arguments.

They say that given infinite time a chimp will type out Hamlet in it's entirety completely perfectly.

Yet, there is no chance of God.
>>
>>56787337
>religious in ANY capacity
>redpilled

Pick just one
>>
File: Behold the converts of pol.png (2 MB, 4784x2712) Image search: [Google]
Behold the converts of pol.png
2 MB, 4784x2712
>>56778032
>>
There are more powerful deities out there then Yhwh, he's basically an entry-level composite entity that fucked around in the desert for a while and ended up starting a worldwide cult.

If you're looking for spirituality i'd recommend studying the occult, start by reading the lesser keys then move on to Liber Null, Duncan's Ritual, and the 6th & 7th books of Moses.
>>
>>56778032
Have you read texts like the miracle of theism? or Arguing for Atheism? these are a couple of books that are really helpful in getting over the hump.

The big risk you face here is that you are unsatisfied with life and have discovered what appears to be a profound solution and you are seeking information that would confirm this solution. Problem is that you are being one sided in your investigation which is what is stirring up that that cognitive dissonance that is causing you that existential pain.
>>
File: 1443739303521.jpg (40 KB, 425x516) Image search: [Google]
1443739303521.jpg
40 KB, 425x516
How do the Christians on /pol/ reconcile the forceful/ violent solutions to the defense of our nations, cultural identity and race often proposed here with Jesus's essentially pacifist teachings?

With Jesus's teachings being pacifist, aren't the people who claim that Christianity is weak correct in saying so?
>>
>>56787689
Well, like I said, small mindedness. I believe that atheist believe in nothing, not even science. They are truly pitiable people.
>>
>>56788133
I think they are more like the "Christians" in >>56787770 just people who are adopting a world view out of convenience and pleasure rather than full blown nihlists
>>
>>56787878
I'm familiar with all of those, I was an occultist for over a decade (was mostly into traditional ceremonial magic). However my esoteric search for the truth ultimately led me to Christianity. There's a book called 'Meditations on the Tarot, Journey into Christian Mysticism, by Anonymous' - the title is kinda misleading, it isn't about divination; it's led many occultists to the Church and give up sorcery.
>>
>>56788068
We go to confession after the slayings.
>>
>>56778032
Didn't read the thread.

I was born and raised Catholic. Later became an atheist then went and became a Christian again.

Eventually, I lost my faith for multiple reasons. It's possible that you want to believe because you are looking for a certain type of beauty in your life but have trouble finding it. Because of this, you reach out to Christianity which has a lot of flowery beauty in it. It also helps that Christianity is so widespread so it's more alluring for this reason. It gives a person a sense of ease and belonging because we are social creatures seeking a community to belong.

Christianity can have it's beautiful moments but if you step back for a moment you may see that all that glitters isn't gold. I have a hunch that you are not matured enough to understand why this is because for one reason or another you didn't think enough about these questions. There is always this nagging thought that you are overlooking something because of it. This will be relieved once you look more deeply into Christianity/religion, but do so with an open mind and the least amount of bias as possible. Eventually, if you're honest with yourself and study enough, this sense of beauty will grow less and less but don't what I say stop you from looking deeper. I am just warning you that not everything in the faith is pretty and it can have it's dark side; Not in the way that truth hurts sort of way but more in a viewing ancient aztec culture way. It may seem romantic on the surface but dig deeper and it looks far from romantic. There are reasons why atheists call it a death cult and it isn't to be edgy as many believers think but from experience. Many atheists were once Christians.

Having said that, I wish that you do one day find the beauty in your life that you are seeking. With effort and an open mind, you will find what you're looking for one way or another.

Good luck anon

(not here looking for a debate so believers please don't reply to me. thanks)
>>
>>56780256
>Hel
not sure if troll or not...
>>
>>56786864
ITS JUST A COINCIDENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU ARE SOOO STUPID BELIEVE WHAT EVERYONE ELSE BELIEVES

SAVE ME LOCKE
>>
>>56790627
>SAVE ME LOCKE
only Jesus can save us
>>
>>56778032
Here you go, now repent and be against vatican II.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_Sun
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%BAcia_Santos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npN8mtSXVo0
>>
File: 1443662375060.png (148 KB, 2500x1645) Image search: [Google]
1443662375060.png
148 KB, 2500x1645
>>56780216
>>
Even the pedophilic church is better than American evangelicism.
>>
>>56778032
Where does the evidence lead you? Why would you decide to convert simply on an emotional response?
>>
i was an atheist but then i realized how important christianiy has been for society so i've been keen on supporting them.

but i also stumbled across something pretty surprising. every time i come across somebody (most recently gauss and bayes, but i implore you to check it out on your own with any famous scientist you know of) they've always been devoutly religious. it's surprising because i've always heard 'there's no room for god in math' or 'as science expands god shrinks' but the people who pioneer those fields are religious, so why has religion been associated with stupidity? for the most part it's just been poets and writers of yesteryear and comedians and celebrities of today who are the ones holding up atheism over theism, not scientists (with some notable exceptions like dawkins and hawking) unless you consider social scientists, or consider liberal arts sciences too
>>
>>56791716
>so why has religion been associated with stupidity?

It isn't but you guys sure love to play the victim.
>>
I never thought I would ever see a reasonable discussion of Christianity here on 4chan.

Color me surprised.
>>
>>56791716

"The first gulp from the glass of science will make you an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass you will find God"
>>
>>56791917
Once scientists begin to invoke god they tend to stop making discoveries.
>>
>>56791716
well, science and religion are not one against the other...there are religious people who are against science and vice versa, but that's it.
There have been atheist scientists and religious scientists: the first see the universe as a magnificent object to fully understand, the second see the creation as a place where God's laws are at work in a ordinate and great scheme. Both want to understand, one to see all the cogs in the machinery and the other to see how the one who made the machinery was able to make such a great thing.
About the poet thing: there have been also many great believers among them; Dante, Baudelaire, Ungaretti...and many more.
>>
>>56792065
The founder of physics sure contributed nothing
>>
>>56792137
Yes, and once he said "god must be responsible" he stopped making discoveries.
>>
>>56792162
Tell me a discovery you can make past god
>>
>>56778032
Hello OP. if you are looking to convert, you should look deep at Catholic history. That should bring you to right places. Start reading any book from Peter Kreeft. Sorry, im BR so i know too few literature in english.

Try reading the secrets of Fátima
>>
>>56792219
He didn't understand how a particular planet moved, so he said "god must have done it." And then another scientist came along and said that there must have been another planet causing the first planet to move the way it did and he was right. No reason to invoke god.

You invoke god when you don't understand something. You don't invoke god to explain something you understand. It's just that simple.
>>
>>56780216
Hear this man. He knows it.
>>
>>56791876
are you from the south? people my age are at most vaguely spiritual, anything else is considered brainwashed by >muh opiate for the masses
>>
The Religion vs. Science analogy is largely a modern concept. People forget that Galileo's book on Heliocentric theory was approved for publication by the Inquisition. He ran into trouble due to palace politics, not for heresy as an example of one of the myth's biggest fallacies.

In a larger sense, the OP needs to remember the term "Christian" is not copyrighted. Anyone can claim to be "Christian". Even Mormons and Jehova's Witnesses claim to be Christian, and they are anything but.

EASY MODE CHRISTIANITY.

1. What does god want?
>Obey the laws and love your neighbor. What are the laws? The 10 commandments. Who is your neighbor? Everyone.

2. How do you attain eternal life?
>Through the intercession of Jesus Christ, your acknowledged savior. Catholics say you need the Church to mediate, Protestants say you can approach directly (tl;dr)

3. What does Jesus Save you from?
>Gods judgment of damnation.

That's pretty much it OP. Everything else is window dressing, chants, hymns and all that jazz.
>>
>>56792433

Oh yeah, one last important thing. You have to acknowledge the divinity of Christ and the Trinity to be Christian. The only way Jesus can intercede on your behalf is if he is also god. Since god is infinitely just.
>>
>>56792419
I'm spitting distance from Canada.
>>
>>56787666
Dont you use His name in vain like this dude
>>
How can i be Catholic if i dont really beliebte in genisis?
I am a science guy so i wont just toss evolution because of muh faith, but the whole salvation thing doesnt make sense without Adam and eve
>>
>>56788068
Our Lord kicked the heretics out of the temple. The only time He was pacifist was with His Sacrifice. He choose to be killed.

God permit bad things so they can become greater, as Adam's first sin, which was forgiven by Our Lord's Passion.

OP, read the life of the Catholic Saints. Start anywere you would like, but i recommend Saint Pio of Pieltrecina, the saint of the XX century. He helped in my conversion to Catholicism.
>>
>>56792927

Evolution does not proscribe the Genesis story per se. Day's to God are not Day's to men. The 24 hour Day is a modern concept anyhow. Genesis also simple say's "God Created". Does not explain the mechanism of doing so.

Also keep in mind a shit ton of Genesis is also oral tradition from Mesopotamia. They throw in the Epic of Gilgamesh for example.
>>
>>56791716
most scientists are atheists
being very intelligent doesn't exclude the person from religious beliefs.

There are plenty of highly intelligent people that believe in all sorts of things.
>>
>>56792927
>the whole salvation thing doesnt make sense without Adam and eve

Sure it does; just consider the fact that humans are the type of creatures that would call for the release of a criminal and the execution of a pacifist (Jesus), it's easy to see that we're sinful creatures.
>>
>>56792927
Catholics believe that genesis happened, yet the text isn't literal, the text is symbolic mostly on the methods that it happened.

In that matter, what is clear that happened in the start of the human race is the Original Sin; and that's the centre of the text. Cheers
>>
>>56785619
A priest =/= bishop.
>>
>>56792927
i thought catholics agreed that genisis was metaphorical, it's protestants who take everything literally.
>>
>>56792927
7 days to god could be a millions of millions years to man.
>>
>>56793067
So can i just take the basic message that men is sinfull
>>
>>56785619
That wife is the Our Holy Mother. The Holy Church is the sensitive part of that wedding too.
>>
>>56793336
So the Earth revolves around the Sun slower for god?
>>
>>56793393
Rare meme
>>
>>56793195
The ultimate sacrifice made by Jesus was to overturn what Adam and Eve caused. If God can create the universe, it's not a huge stretch to think there were special trees in a special garden and that this actually happened.

Throughout the Bible angels have the ability to morph into what they want. If angels can do this, and satan is an angel, then he could transform into a snake.

From Genesis, we read the first prophecy concerning Jesus. It's a highly important matter in Christianity.
>>
>>56793393
God created the universe before there was a sun, or even time.
>>
>>56788068
The Tower of Babel shall not form again, that was a metaphor against Racial Unity for all (niggers and whites and kikes and chinks and all that), that all man is equal, that all man should share the same tongue and speak the same language, all heresy. It is just to say fuck off to your neighbor and tell them to go away and be with your own tribe. God understands that.
Race mixing employs racial unity for all, and ergo will make us build a monument as a giant middle finger to God.
>>
>>56793468
If there was no time how did he create it in 7 days? Days are a measure of time.
>>
>>56793575
7 days according to him.
>>
>>56793575
(You)
>>
>>56793575
Because men need a unit of reference.
>>
>>56793152
93% of scientists of the national academy of sciences are atheists, is that what you're referring to?

most sources give between 25 - 60% of scientists being religious, but you act like it's a fact that most scientists are atheists, why?
>>
Christ has risen!

Get familiar with the Orthodox Christianity. Everything I always thought was wrong and immoderate in other Christian denominations was just right in their faith. They are not perfect (what is?), but with them you get neither sentimentalism nor intellectualization which both dilute the religious experience.

http://www.ancientfaith.com
http://www.deathtotheworld.com

God Bless you anon.
>>
>>56794682
Vatican 2 is terrible. I felt like a hippie when I attended one. Old Latin masses are the best.
>>
>>56778032
It's all bullshit. I was born and raised christian and the other side is not fun.
>>
>>56795320
They are anti-fun. Anytime they see anyone having fun they throw a bitchfit about it.

>THIS FUCKING PEACEFUL CRIB SCENE PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH.

>OMG HOW DAR YOU WISH ME A MARRY CHRISTMAS

But I wont have to deal with them in the afterlife.
>>
>>56778032
>Despite getting spoonfed with anti-christianism stuff just like everyone living in modern times

Speak for your fucking self. I didnt know about atheism until years after i realized religion was bullshit.

Not everyones a dumb fuck who just goes along with everything they're told growing up, but thanks for trying to make a strawman out of yourself to attack me by being a massively retarded faggot
>>
>>56792433
>and they are anything but.

And ISIS are anything but muslim :^)

I can be a dipshit too, see
>>
>>56780216
>religion is good for the community

>therefore it is true

My god, what the fuck is wrong with you people
>>
>>56795802
So what reasoning did you come up with your self to decide that there is no god and nothing to believe in?
>>
>>56794682
>Orthodox
>good
If you split from the Church you're a heretic.
>>
File: 14331112650140.png (42 KB, 504x504) Image search: [Google]
14331112650140.png
42 KB, 504x504
>>56796408
All the more reason to stay away from Catholics and especially Protestants.
>>
>>56796233
the fact that nearly everyone on the face of the earth has similar yet totally incongruent beliefs without any decent shred of evidence indicating any of it being true

the fact that you all think the laws of nature totally revolve around humanity and our feelings when our planet makes up a practically infinitesimal amount of space compared to the entire visible universe and we'll be wiped out as quickly as we were created like a mold spore accidentally floating into a furnace
>>
>>56797233
So you will believe a scientist when he tells you that you cant move at the speed of light, despite the fact that you will never actually do the test your self but someone who tells you they have heard the voice of god is a nutjob.

By your reasoning in the second run on sentence, we will die off over billions of years, as the general consensus for atheists is evolution. Which means your mold spore metaphor does not really make any sense.
>>
>>56782737
>Kent hovind
Protestants please leave
>>
>>56797584
yeah id say its pretty reasonable to trust the scientific method considering it involves actually testing your hypotheses
>>
>>56797155
I'm not the one who split from Rome.
Way to say fuck you Peter and Christ you dumbass.
>>
>>56798131
They both amount to blind faith.
>>
>>56798282
How do you figure that?
>>
>>56798795
I already told you. People still believe that the food pyramid is a healthy diet.
>>
>>56798194
Rome fell, fuckass.
>>
>>56793391
Except the decision for celibate clergy is a result of trying to clamp down on the clergy abusing their positions and using it for material gains. In other words, it was a political move, rather than a spiritual one.
>>
>>56782471
This is something I do try to bring up with my father at times, as he has a tendency to get very literal. Very wrong approach, as there is a lot of context sensitive and metaphorical. But, >>56784355 seems to pretty much nail it.
>>
>>56788133
I'm Christian, and I also have a degree in chemistry and working on getting a medical degree. From what I know for my own, I find that whenever an atheist claims science is the end all be all, I tend to roll my eyes. If took that approach, the intellectually honest approach would be to have an agnostic mind to it, in that they need to keep on account there is still a realm of possibility. Atheists just up and shut that window closed, and bar the doors.
>>
>>56788068
Just war theory.
>>
>>56781903
As an ex-Creationist, lol. What he doesn't understand is that disfavored mutations, like ttttttttttttttttttttttt, are selected against and will never be propagated. That defeats the entire purpose of his talk.
>>
>>56793386
Yes, and women are lying corrupting sluts that need to be controlled
>>
>>56778032
Anything by saint thomas aquinas is great, and Summa Theologica in paticular is a very good especially the Quinque Viae section, which prove not only the existence of God, but also that he must be eternal, all powerful, and the other aspects assoctiated with the Christian god. The only thing left to prove is that God must be good, and Descartes has that covered in his meditations, namely meditations III, IV, and V
>>
>>56799006
how the hell does the food pyramid being inaccurate mean the scientific method is fundamentally flawed?

lol
>>
>>56801503
Same people who tell you that eating 300 grams of carbs a day are telling you the earth is round. Its not like you are ever going to fly out in space to check up on it. They are also the same people who will be telling you that you need to cut your carbon foot print because of global warming,while your house is covered in 18 feet of snow. But they used the scientific method, they must be right, right?
>>
Daily reminder that christianity is a jew religion made for submit white europeans.
Daily reminder that protestantism is just christianity without the european influence,,thus it is ecen more jew
Daily reminder that the fictional super jew named Jesus only was talking about jews, because as in the old testament, gentiles (people whit a non jew mother) were and are considered as animals, and Jesus was a jew:
>Matthew 15:21-28

>The Faith of a Canaanite Woman

>21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

>23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

>24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

>25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

>26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

>27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

>28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.

If you feel white and European and still you consider your self a christian (a dog that eat the shit of his masters, the sons of israel) you are a fucking traitor and you dont deserve any respect.
>>
I don't get it. Why does almost all Catholics and Orthodoxies hate Protestants? What did we ever do to you?
>>
>>56778032
No chance, imma murder everyone that tries to opress me with their stupid "belif". FREEDOM FUCK YEAH!
>>
>>56799334
>Rome
>fell
Top kek, worship your fake shithole, whore.
>>
>>56802154
You're faggots, look at the UK now. Martin Luther himself admited it was a mistake.
>>
>>56802154
I dont know, I didnt know I was supposed to hate protestants. Do you strap explosives to your body to earn 71 virgins in the afterlife?
>>
>>56801973
Daily reminder that Spain was enslaved by heretics.
Daily reminder that you are spitting in the people who saved your asses in the face.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 463x684) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 463x684
>>56802154
>>
>>56802353
>Spain
It is NOT a matter of nations anymore, it is about Europe and tge Europeans. It has been proved by genetics that we all come from the same people and that there is a common thing between all europeans.

Keep eating the crumbs of your masters, marrano, I will keep remembering my forebears who were killed and enslaved by the christians, jews and muslims.
>>
>>56802756
It is a matter of nations you stupid kuckold. Go get raped by a pack of Muslims if that how you feel.
Stop using the internet and never write again if you wanna be a pagan, fuck go be a farmer.
>>
>>56801973
Yeah, jesus totally was a believer of the old testament and as such he made the distinction between gentiles and non gentiles.

but to call jesus a pharisee or christianity a ploy by the pharisees aka jews, is just retarded.
>>
>>56780216
>mere Christianity by Clive Staples Lewis
This,I cannot recommend this book enough for those searching or new to the faith.
Read this book.
>>
>>56802935
The only nation is in the blood, the european blood! Keep eating the shit pig!!
And remember to send your kids in the next war to defend israel, subhuman slave!

Europa will win!
>>
>>56792927
>>56792927
>Adam and eve

Where does this meme that Adam and Eve were the first humans created come from? Same as with the earth being 6000 years old?

It's like people lack basic reading comprehension. The bible never once states that Adam was the first human nor does it state the age of the earth. The only inferences we can make are that Adam was created roughly 6000 years ago, but that in no way implies that he was the first or suggests an age of the earth.
>>
File: bb1.png (141 KB, 640x797) Image search: [Google]
bb1.png
141 KB, 640x797
Honestly Anon, just start reading the bible first, both the old and the new testament.
It'll be a bit boring at times but just force yourself to spend an hour a day reading it, maybe take your bible with you while you're in public transport so you haven nothing else to read but that.
Don't start any other books either, just finish the Bible first.

I did this first and now I'm reading books like the stuff >>56780216 suggested, I'm also getting baptized soon, I think I might finally be ready to.
>>
File: wrI.jpg (1 MB, 1360x2729) Image search: [Google]
wrI.jpg
1 MB, 1360x2729
>>
File: xdc.jpg (1 MB, 1360x2371) Image search: [Google]
xdc.jpg
1 MB, 1360x2371
>>
File: 93c.png (273 KB, 962x588) Image search: [Google]
93c.png
273 KB, 962x588
Bump, I liked this thread
>>
File: God Exists.gif (1 MB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
God Exists.gif
1 MB, 235x240
I'll keep this short. Buy a KJV bible. Zondervan. Buy a Strongs Concordance. Pray before reading, pray after reading. Do the Lords Prayer before you start your day. Seek earnestly and Love God above all.
>>
I grew up as a Catholic, went to Catholic school through high school, but around 4th grade I lost interest, and became agnostic.

Now I have graduated with an engineering degree, I have a solid career with rapid advancement, I'm being groomed for leadership within oneone of the largest fortune 500 companies, and bought my first house at 24.

I'm not happy and in feeling increasingly isolated with little social life outside of work. Will returning to the Catholic church help? How?

Sorry for the blog.
>>
>>56808561
Read The Confessions by St. Augustine.
>>
File: 1369502524602.jpg (49 KB, 300x392) Image search: [Google]
1369502524602.jpg
49 KB, 300x392
>>56805464

is that supposed to claim that the earth is hollow, or that the earth is inside out?

It' can't be both
>>
>>56808968
Ok, I found a free epub online. Amazon wanted $10, but this has been public domain for centuries..

Thanks for the recommendation, anon
Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.